Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. (1035 Views)

How To Apply For The Young Entrepreneurs And Students Grant / Young Graduates Needed / Nnpc Is Looking For Young Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
My name is francis,

I own and operate a stone cladding outfit FARAD CONTRACTORS,we decorate buildings with stones...we are yet to reach our optimal height in business but the truth is that we are in control of our variables and we know that the future is bright.

As a motivation to young graduates I will narrate how I started FARAD.

2011.....I came to portharcourt after my degree at OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE with nothing but hope for brighter future and my 2.1 degree certificate in physics.

I was able to secure a marketing job with an exterior decoration company in the building sector,salary was N20,000 I took up the job though some peeps were saying then that the salary was too small..( I knew within me that i had a long term goal).
My boss then was a very good man and I did fairly well,gathered strong experience in the field and about the industry which we operated in..and learnt all the strategies in sales and marketing development from prospecting to cold calls,presentation,answering objections,closing ,sales and resales then referrals management..this was me with a physics background.

Fast foward 2014 ....
Today,I am an employer of labour,I source for jobs at building sites and execute those jobs with my employees( a team of sharp young men).
I also do jobs for my boss on contract basis via subcontracting of installation jobs.
It wasn't easy starting cos we made a lot of mistakes then with some of our jobs then but today I am glad that I can write about those mistakes as part of our learning process and experience.

At a time,in a country where most graduates are diving white collar jobs,we at farad so much believe in our product,service and business methodology...we are building a venture.

This thread is dedicated to young entrepreneurs in the house...let's narrate our tales of how we all started as a motivation to young garduates out there searching for already made jobs,so that they may have the WILL to start something,no matter how small..

The floor is open............

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
I am not an entrepreneur yet. But I know with dedication and passion I will get there. Graduated with a 2.1 too. Currently working, with an average monthly salary. I have big dreams that scare me sometimes. I am saving all I can. When I hit my target I will establish my company and put at least 1,000 people off the labour market.

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Keep them coming. Graduates need motivation.
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Chukwuma101

Nice one but I will like to add that your dreams shouldn't scare you.....infact they should motivate you more.

Still waiting for the other guys in the house
Let's share our tales....
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by abdulslutsky(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Following...
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by honestivo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
I just started a laundry shop this year and by His grace is a success, but I still need some experience from the hus tnx. 27b22444

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
honestivo: I just started a laundry shop this year and by His grace is a success, but I still need some experience from the hus tnx. 27b22444

Welcome on board honestivo
Nd thanks for your contribution

Yess ur laundry shop will be a success AMEN.
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by slimmey(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sum1 shuld pls enlighten me, I graduated wt 2.2 in biochemistry,but currently working wt an indian company which pays me 24,000naira as my salary,d money is so small but I decide to do it for short period in other to save small money to start a little business,I jst spent a month dere but I wish to start d biz as soon as possible even wit 10k,pls wot biz can I start with diz small amount?
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by slimmey(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sum1 shuld kindly enlighten me, I graduated wt 2.2 in biochemistry,but currently working wt an indian company which pays me 24,000naira as my salary,d money is so small but I decide to do it for short period in other to save small money to start a little business,I jst spent a month dere but I wish to start d biz as soon as possible even wit 10k,pls wot biz can I start with diz small amount?
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
slimmey: Sum1 shuld kindly enlighten me, I graduated wt 2.2 in biochemistry,but currently working wt an indian company which pays me 24,000naira as my salary,d money is so small but I decide to do it for short period in other to save small money to start a little business,I jst spent a month dere but I wish to start d biz as soon as possible even wit 10k,pls wot biz can I start with diz small amount?

Slimmey,
I would advice you to still stick with your job for now since you said you are just one month on the job.
Make sure you gather more job experience,learn all you can about your job and how your industry operate,then save.
The rest comes naturally at the right time.

GOODLUCk

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls moderators move this to frontpage. It is high time people stopped writing CVs and start drawing business plans. The misery of Nigeria will bring out the might in us.

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by slimmey(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Thanks brunofarad,I really appreciate ur response.
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
slimmey: Thanks brunofarad,I really appreciate ur response.

You welcome my fellow NIGERIAN YOUTH,we shall all prevail in this school of life called NIGERIA.

Still waiting on other young business owner to drop their stories.

Welcome on board fellas.....

1 Like

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by joannes7(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Love threads like this.. Started my small import biz in 2009. Same time I got into school. Started with 60k.. That 60k paid my fees through school, all the transport, hand outs, and other expenses.. Have 2 employees and properties I can call my own now.. Worked for two year in a company In my discipline though (computer/network engineering) but did it to raise money and re-invest in my business.. It aint easy oh! Shelved women, drinking, friends, etc but ill take it over paid employment anytime..
I look at my life and where I'm coming from and all I can say is THANK GOD!

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ joannes
Hardwork really pays...
Nothing is as fulfilling s starting and growing your own business.
Welcome onboard.

Still expecting other young business owners.
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Keep the tales coming ...
Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by cmonek(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
this is very encouraging. I love this post. Working in a private printing firm now as an assistant graphic designer, that pays next to nothing but am just there to garner experience, perfect on my skills and keep busy. Planning to invest into printing, printing proper and sales of printing papers soonest. God please direct my paths according. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Young Entrepreneurs Let's Share Our Story,to Motivate Young Graduates. by brunofarad(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amen my brother.......
Focus is the key

Waiting on the others,let's hear your story pals

(1) (Reply)

ZETA Technologies Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Marketer, Cleaner And Laundry Man Needed / The Bank with the best pay package For DSA currently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.