Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:32 PM

Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. (1521 Views)

FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / Seun What Is The Usefulness Of The Share Button? Please Explain. / Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Dygeasy(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dear Seun,

This is not to call for your head but to address an issue which degenerated into something unpleasant few days ago on this thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/1816501/derailers-paradise/75#25420798.

MzMariah aka Clearwaters asked why she hasn't been able to deactivate her account. Though she didn't state the one she wished to deactivate but since she posted her complaint on a thread she created with her MzMariah moniker it is safe to assume it is that one she wanted to deactivate. Fast forward to a few minutes later, another user; Sholasholala quoted her stating the same. How she has been unable to deactivate her own alternate accounts other than the one she posted with.

Here,

Not quite long afterwards, MzMariah discovered she could no longer post with her account. A click on her profile showed she had been banned by you (Seun). Banned till 2024. Why? "For helping another member deactivated their account" Question is how?

Here,

MzMariah sent you mails which for one or more reasons stood no chance of getting replied to. She came on her thread and made some angry posts. Let's admit she overreacted. And while this resulted in over 20 pages of dragging back and forth and exchange of hot words amongst Nitlad and Clearwaters and Seagold with the latter issuing threats which he later apologised for The fight was successful no thanks to the forum games moderator sleeping. Inconsequential as the last sentence may seem, the whole thing starting from the ban to the angry outburst from Clearwaters/MzMariah to what it degenerated to has in one way or another had it's downside and smeared its brunt on both the E-personality and offline personality of the aggrieved given that a certain set of people resorted to character defamation and cyber-bullying to prove certain points.

Now people have different reasons for wishing to deactivate. Some might just be tired of Nairaland or the particular username while some might just want to dissociate their history on here from their usernames or whatever personal detail they might have shared here. Whatever the case is, this wish should be respected and for as long as the 'wishful deactivator' hasn't done the deactivation, it should remain so until they are ready for it. It's simple ethical logic.

MzMariah was banned for 10 years. Why?
Whom did she help deactivate?
How did she do it?
Do some accounts now have special powers now? Please enable my account too o. I want to e-murder some people grin

A ban is quite different from deactivating. She wishes to leave and the deactivate link isn't working yet fine. She needs her account to inform her friends of her planned deactivation but you banned her thus disabling her from posting. You (Seun) have deactivated people's accounts in the past, why not now?

Please explain.

Thank you.

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by DickDastardly(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good day Op!
Reporting for duty as Seun's unsolicited Solicitor.
Now who are you to the plaintiff?
Her legal council or what?
And please is she the one below? cheesy

Barr. DICK of
Dastardly Chambers.

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Dygeasy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
DickDastardly: Good day Op!
Reporting for duty as Seun's unsolicited Solicitor.
Now who are you to the plaintiff?
Her legal council or what?
And please is she the one below? cheesy

Barr. DICK of
Dastardly Chambers.
lol!

you no well grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
No mind Seun. He should just have explained it to her now. It's utter rubbish fa! He should ban himself for helping another noniker 'Mzmariah' deactivate her own account.

2 Likes

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
if anybody is banned for 10years ,he/she has to serve his/her punishment , I hope all of us are alive 10 years to this time
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
This is long overdue....

Waiting for your defense seun.
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
seun is an inane g0@t for doing that
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
evil999: seun is an inane g0@t for doing that
Sweet Jesus. That's harsh....
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by funkyjms: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
I wan' believe it's a system malfunction undecided
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by naijaboiy: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
there is no way i'm missing this thread,,following bumper to bumper grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
naijaboiy: there is no way i'm missing this thread,,following bumper to bumper grin

I first know say you like quarrel pass fight grin

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by naijaboiy: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Elantracey:

I first know say you like quarrel pass fight grin
that's the spice of life grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
naijaboiy: there is no way i'm missing this thread,,following bumper to bumper grin
sits beside him...ameboism cheesy
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by stormybucci(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
**sipping bobo nd relaxes to watch** if i miss dis quarrel abi na fight sef, make i no use soap baff...
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by TRADELYN: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
KiV...
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Oyimzy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
cheesy wow...nice thread *grabs chair*
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Stunner1(f): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
*coughs*
Abeg na front seat i wan siddon as a short geh so i go fit see well grin grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Beetwo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
lemmi spread ma mat for here. grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gala and zobo......

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by papindinho(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gosh! When is the owner of this platform gonna stop whistling around the coven of a python? No wonder nairaland is not as it was.. Pian!

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Missmossy(f): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
*sips orange juice*

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Genea(f): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mmmmm,no comment
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Space booked. Na this kind thread Lorlaahlozz and Lanicky go like. grin
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by MizMyColi(f): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
softsparkyy: Gala and zobo......
cheesy cheesy cheesy Aunty Soft You Like Zobo Ehnn cool
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by seankafor(m): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
infact am already drunk.....abeg hu b d judge for ds case?
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Seun we are waiting for you. Come and say something.

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
MizMyColi: cheesy cheesy cheesy Aunty Soft You Like Zobo Ehnn cool

We dey wait for your small husband Seun grin

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
MizMyColi: cheesy cheesy cheesy Aunty Soft You Like Zobo Ehnn cool
It's very cheap so make I de sip am dey wait for Seun.

1 Like

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
softsparkyy: It's very cheap so make I de sip am dey wait for Seun.

You occupied my mind throughout today in church. Hope u are good!
Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by GreyBlood: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Seun: Unjustified Ban. Please Explain. by jabanz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
nt=Lucidafollowing[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (2)

Scary Photos Of Dancehall Artiste Kenardo André Robi That Got Goat Horn Implants / My Experience In Philippines Today / Facts About The National E-id Card ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.