Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee (37379 Views)

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets / Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Dibiachukwu: 8:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by hermesprogidy(m): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Then you should know that most of what you see in the movies is artistic license.

Still check out Polite dissent though...good for a doctor like you !

Good evening.

And forgive me....but you are not a medical doctor....because doctors do not get their medical knowledge from sci fi films.

And you would know how to prevent Ebola......but your comments show you do not.

Guy, you are the one missing the point here. Sci-fi films sometimes are pointers to the future. Do you remember Space 1999? (the popular Star Treksque series of the late 70s and early 80s) they had driverless vehicles, cloning etc. These were technologies we could only imagine @ that time, but they are here today. Cloaking devices used to be the stuff of Sci-fi, but the British and American army have already achieved significant break through in that area. Soon things like Suspended Animation will soon be applicable to human beings. Sci-fi movies are not just random flicks, they consult with experts in those fields so that fiction and reality balance each other out, whilst wowing our imagination.

Lastly, what is this thing with medical doctors and their belief that they know everything about medicine? Knowledge is dynamic and evolving and there are tons of things you do not know even in your medical profession. Humility is Wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 18, 2014
hermesprogidy: Guy, you are the one missing the point here. Sci-fi films sometimes are pointers to the future. Do you remember Space 1999? (the popular Star Treksque series of the late 70s and early 80s) they had driverless vehicles, cloning etc. These were technologies we could only imagine @ that time, but they are here today. Cloaking devices used to be the stuff of Sci-fi, but the British and American army have already achieved significant break through in that area. Soon things like Suspended Animation will soon be applicable to human beings. Sci-fi movies are not just random flicks, they consult with experts in those fields so that fiction and reality balance each other out, whilst wowing our imagination.

Yes....but some of it is just plain bunkum.

Ye have to sieve the wheat from the chaff....and the website Polite dissent does it well.

Lastly, what is this thing with medical doctors and their belief that they know everything about medicine? Knowledge is dynamic and evolving and there are tons of things you do not know even in your medical profession. Humility is Wisdom.

And telling lies that you know all about viruses better than someone whose job it is to know viruses is wise too,abi?

You Nigerians....you always tell others to do the corrections you could benefit from.

Your patron lied about knowing viruses.....even to the point of claiming viruses cause zombies (which is a scientific impossibility....).And when challenged....lied about his being a doctor.

If someone needs correcting...it is the two of you.

Good am....and learn your science from the experts....not from filmmakers who know zilch about actual science.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by hermesprogidy(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes....but some of it is just plain bunkum.

Ye have to sieve the wheat from the chaff....and the website Polite dissent does it well.

And telling lies that you know all about viruses better than someone whose job it is to know viruses is wise too,abi?

You Nigerians....you always tell others to do the corrections you could benefit from.

Your patron lied about knowing viruses.....even to the point of claiming viruses cause zombies (which is a scientific impossibility....).And when challenged....lied about his being a doctor.

If someone needs correcting...it is the two of you.

Good am....and learn your science from the experts....not from filmmakers who know zilch about actual science.
forgive me, but what caught my attention is your notion that nothing in Sci-fi is unattainable, I found the idea of the nano silver thing ludicrous and if anyone is claiming to know everything about viruses, it's definitely not me. Comprehende?
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2014
hermesprogidy: forgive me, but what caught my attention is your notion that nothing in Sci-fi is unattainable, I found the idea of the nano silver thing ludicrous and if anyone is claiming to know everything about viruses, it's definitely not me. Comprehende?

Not that nothing in sci fi is unattainable....but that much of it is built on unproven assertions.

There is no such thing as intelligent eldritch creatures on Mars....and Ctullhu is a myth.

Good am to you.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by hermesprogidy(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Not that nothing in sci fi is unattainable....but that much of it is built on unproven assertions.

There is no such thing as intelligent eldritch creatures on Mars....and Ctullhu is a myth.

Good am to you.
Bros, noted. Good AM to you too.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by EMANY01(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
kliq: Why flee? Why they coulda fought back by sprinkling hot urine on the attackers.

A known Liberian weapon system.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by chuks000(m): 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Boko brodaz mst nt see dis.......Diaris God oo
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good am to you.

At the bold part.

Please don't start unnecessary arguments. No one yet on this thread has said there's life on mars and no one is arguing with you that everything u see on a sci fi movie is attainable. But some are what that can be attained or done in the future.

Widen ur knowledge by watching some sci fi.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by roufy235(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
i call this madness
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by otiigba1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
so does this mean that this gun men broke in to steal the Ebola or what? grin angry
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by tomiobj(m): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sealeddeal:
Source: VANGUARD

Tcheewwwww what bloody fucking idiotic retarded dumbasses. When we are barely containing a virus. Some bastards free the people with the virus #deir is God oo
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by VivaLaFrans: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Uganda has had six ebola epidemics since 2000.

And they went from 200 deaths in the 2000 epidemic....to just 5 deaths in the 2012 epidemic....by simple preventive health measures.(and by carrying the local communities in the affected areas along).

And they still did not legalise gay marriage!
Ebola in the year 2000?
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by nora544: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
VivaLaFrans: Ebola in the year 2000?

read this than you will see

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28743595
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
VivaLaFrans: Ebola in the year 2000?

Oui monsieur. wink......and in Gabon, Congo and Central African repubic.

The 2000 Ugandan epidemic is special to me because it was the second time I was hearing about Ebola.....and also because of the heorics of the Ugandan doctor Matthew Lukwiya(great man)

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by massivetech: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
‘looters Of Liberia’s Ebola Centre Took Bedding
Soaked With Patients’ Fluids’

https://www.nairaland.com/1863211/looters-liberias-ebola-centre-took#25580141

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Start Of A New World War / Donald Trump On The Cover Of Playboy Magazine In 1990 Throwback Photo / 3 Girls Scam ISIS On Social Media, Get $3,300 From Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.