Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 AM

Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday (30432 Views)

Smart Adeyemi Displays His APC Membership Card (pictured). / Dele Momodu Denounces His APC Membership,Takes Side Wit Saraki In CCT Trial(Pics / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by mbulela: 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Howmanage: aha! Someone is awake! grin grin (the others are sleeping and having nice dreams. They should [size=14pt]dream on[/size])
You are attributing unfounded integrity to the man.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by babybos(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nuhu Ribadu is certainly different from all these politicians. this is the first time am reading / hearing that a defected politician from a party return the party card with a letter and registered to obtain the card of the new party. Ribadu you are a HONOURABLE POLITICIAN
TheImp: A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and chieftain of the All Progressive’s Congress (APC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who recently defected to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has returned his membership card with the APC.

He returned the card with registration number: AGA/YOS/02009301 to the chairman of the party in his Bako Ward of Yola South Local Government Area at the weekend and obtained a new membership card of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the ward chairman of the ruling party, who issued him the card with registration number: 1933795.

Ribadu’s return of his APC membership card which he obtained by on February 5, 2014 at the ward was accompanied with a letter of withdrawal from the party.

Confirming Malam Ribadu’s membership withdrawal from the opposition party, the Chairman of Bako Ward in Yola South Local Government Area, Usman Musa Pola, said the former EFCC boss returned the APC membership card last Thursday (August 14) through a member of the party who hails from the same ward.

“I can confirm to you that Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s membership card of our party (APC) was returned and handed over to me last Thursday through a member of my party from this ward. It was accompanied with a withdrawal letter and we are now in possession of the returned card,” Pola said.

Similarly, the Bako Ward Chairman of the PDP in Yola North Local Government Area, Hamidu Aji, confirmed that Ribadu had registered at the ward at the weekend and was issued a PDP membership card, adding that Ribadu’s request was conveyed through a covering letter.

“After registering him the executives at the ward level have written to the State and national chapters of the party intimating them of the development,” Aji said.

With his movement to the PDP, Ribadu is now set to obtain his nomination form from the PDP national secretariat and proceed to Yola, the Adamawa State capital, to kick-start his campaign for the party’s ticket in the forthcoming bye election.

Already, a massive apartment located at No. 8 Ahmadu Bello Way, Jimeta-Yola which would serve as the Secretariat of the Nuhu Ribadu Campaign Organization has been renovated while an elaborate campaign team to be headed by one Honourable Saleh Kinjir, a former Commissioner for Local Governments during the tenure of former Governor Boni Haruna, has already been put in place, preparatory to the arrival of Ribadu in Yola today (Sunday) for the formal inauguration of the campaign organization tomorrow(Monday).

The building donated by a party faithful has been painted with PDP colours and logo, even as poles were being erected to hoist the party’s flags.

http://leadership.ng/news/381248/nuhu-ribadu-picks-pdp-membership-card
http://abusidiqu.com/ribadu-returns-apc-membership-card-kickstart-campaign-monday/
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by CyberWolf: 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
abfirstlady:
Which makes politics interesting#love the game.
abi..but also dangerous..
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by gistmelove(m): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
FLYFIRE:
WHY COME SELL YOUR STOLEN TILES ON THIS FORUM?
ask seun osewa
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by jahbiz: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
This y I love politics, u go for what favours u.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by jahbiz: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
This is why I love politics, you go for what favours you.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Howmanage: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
mbulela:
You are attributing unfounded integrity to the man.
who Ribadu? Yes, you are right. No integrity whatsoever wink
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Timijo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
It's time to join the winning party. If you don't join them, you will lose.
I use this medium to welcome Alhaji Nuhu Ribadu to the winning party.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
The question is will PDP offer Ribadu the automatic ticket for the governorship election?
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Our politicians don't have any atom of shame. Anyway no permanent friends nor enemies in politics.........personally I like ribadu

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Caseless: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
tonytony208:

he may not even be planning to win. He may just want to sow discord and disagreement among other aspirants. This may cause inner division in adamawa pdp and give apc some leverage to win the election
spot-on!
Jst my thot.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by pacretus(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
tonytony208: Why do i av this feeling that Ribadu has only come to act as an underground agent for apc in pdp?
is because you have no good sense of reasoning.peace
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by pacretus(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
akumada1: I said similar thing in my previous comment. My fear is that, ribadu may return to his old party if he wins the governor.
trust me it won't happen and even if it does,HE WILL BE BRUTALLY IMPEACHED.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by jackdaniels(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
;DIkoyi bridge is fallin down.. Ribadu runnin frm Ebola tinubu virus
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Sibrah: 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
SenseiX:
Adamu Muazu without doubt is the game changer, he keeps sucker punching the APC in their balls, he has rejuvenated our party and has taken the fight to the clueless APC.........come 2019, he's one of those to watch for the presidency
Did u say come 2019? I wonder when PDP will resolve this rotation Policy eating up Nigerians , Maybe in 2019 we will get to see the long battle between the SE and The North explode again. I hope the likes of BH does not destroy Nigeria any further.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by shejane: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ribadu just follow the highest Bidder(Gej)

Money has been ruling d world and will continue to rule the world
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by otunbakolawole(m): 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abegi!!!

KwoiZabo: when I tell people that Goodluck is the best, they think I am sentimental but all these will show us that GEJ is just the best. No personal interest just Good Governance.
#GEJ till 2019.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by tonytony208(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
pacretus:
is because you have no good sense of reasoning.peace

i won't exchange words with you. You don't deserve such attention.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by zurine(f): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
the Game of politics, always interesting
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by tonytony208(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
emmykk: you guys are funny.PDP has 20 house members against APC 4.while do you guys think ribadu will defect back to APC?.

1.He was a senior PDP member before and always.

2.both ribadu and el-rufai return to the country when GEj become president.

3.if GEJ is in support of his ambition i wonder why he will defect to an opposition party and you guys are suggesting.

4.you guys are just feeling bad about PDP success in winning him over to take his rightful place.

try to read comments btw the lines before replying so that you will not comment rubbish. He doesn't need to leave pdp. He will remain there but will be undermining the inner cycle efforts of pdp.

Now, use your head to think for once. after ribadu's defection, the apc's spokesman was interviewed and he confirmed the defection. Considering how antagonistic ribadu had been to pdp, i expect that he will be very important to apc and that apc will be deeply hurt to the extent they will not want to comment about it. However, the apc's spokesman didn't seem to be bothered while confirming the defection. That is suspect! Something is not right somewhere. APC have a history of being bad losers. They would have said something bad about ribadu for defecting to pdp. However up till now, apc has not condemned ribadu's a
defection. I still feel this is a cover-up defection.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by pat077: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
waiting 4 elrufia's tweet.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by tonytony208(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
SeaGold:

You forget that PDP used him during the last presidential election to checkmate Buhari planting him in ACN courtesy of Tinubu. He is being compensated for a good job done

this means the guy is good as a mole. This may be season 2 of the movie titled "The Political Mole" US trained bin laden in espionage, bin laden ended up using US' training and weapon against the US(If you understand what i mean).
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by princessayesha(f): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Super duper shameless man angry

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Descartes: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Your thinking cap is fitted well on your head.

A Ribadu who went all around the north trying to woo the rebel PDP governors over, a Ribadu who has some level of integrity and has proven it times without number, a Ribadu who was running all around for Nyako not to be impeached suddenly now becomes disenchanted with the party under a month? A Ribadu who will clearly give any candidate a good run in the election not withstanding his party affiliation will not need to soil his name by decamping just to achieve that aim!!!

Will the likes if Bamanga Tukur's son, Buba Marwa and Fintiri, the current acting Governor sit down on the fence and watch a "newbie" displace them in a twinkle of an eye?

The APC have made no "much effort" to keep one of their best hand in the party and some people feel that's normal?

Have you peeps celebrating thought for a few seconds that Ribadu might not be interested in the governorship after all except to go and be a spoiler.

If he is fielded, then it might become a situation of fielding two APC members for governorship against each other!!

A win-win situation.

Only time will tell.
Have you thought of whether PDP want to give him Soludo treatment?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Caseless: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
RoyalRoy:

A Ribadu who went all around the north trying to woo the rebel PDP governors over, a Ribadu who has some level of integrity and has proven it times without number, a Ribadu who was running all around for Nyako not to be impeached suddenly now becomes disenchanted with the party under a month? A Ribadu who will clearly give any candidate a good run in the election not withstanding his party affiliation will not need to soil his name by decamping just to achieve that aim!!!

Will the likes if Bamanga Tukur's son, Buba Marwa and Fintiri, the current acting Governor sit down on the fence and watch a "newbie" displace them in a twinkle of an eye?

The APC have made no "much effort" to keep one of their best hand in the party and some people feel that's normal?

Have you peeps celebrating thought for a few seconds that Ribadu might not be interested in the governorship after all except to go and be a spoiler.

If he is fielded, then it might become a situation of fielding two APC members for governorship against each other!!

A win-win situation.

Only time will tell.
we share d same thot here. But i think it's a two way thing cos this myt b a plan to weaken d apc by taking their strongest candidate, he wld lose d primaries to a core pdp member. By doing this, they must hav denied ribadu a pdp ticket and, at thesame time denif apc d chance of fielding their best product(ribadu) in adamawa state. Again, what surprises more about this whole thing is the quietness of the apc leadership about this development. There must b something to this defection that our eyes cant see.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by adonis89(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayusco85: Apc is Pdp, and vice versa
dis ur pix got me laffing skata. D 2nd one put d umbrella fo pocket o
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by duality(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
All what I see here are dozens of reactions from angry janjaweedians trying to twist the whole thing and somehow spin a conspiracy to the whole thing.

soon they'll become so better that they'll release there usual hateful venom on Ribadu. They applauded FFK the other day. They said he was a progressive who always said the unclad truth.(Remember the cramjones of those days). Today ask any of them about FFK.

Silly bunch of slow sycophants.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nigeria's political system is just a gang war. Do these parties have any identifying philosophies or ideals that differentiate them? No. Just the current gang in power vs. the other gang.

This system of government does not seem to work in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by ayusco85(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
adonis89: dis ur pix got me laffing skata. D 2nd one put d umbrella fo pocket o

Lol. Nigerian politicians are shameless, no political ideology, just anywhere belle face cheesy. Where ever there is money to loot, they jump ship.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by deeobserver209(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
RoyalRoy:

A win-win situation.

Only time will tell.
A lamentation thread will be open for you guys to cry your hearts out. grin
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by deeobserver209(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
tonytony208:

try to read comments btw the lines before replying so that you will not comment rubbish. He doesn't need to leave pdp. He will remain there but will be undermining the inner cycle efforts of pdp.

Now, use your head to think for once. after ribadu's defection, the apc's spokesman was interviewed and he confirmed the defection. Considering how antagonistic ribadu had been to pdp, i expect that he will be very important to apc and that apc will be deeply hurt to the extent they will not want to comment about it. However, the apc's spokesman didn't seem to be bothered while confirming the defection. That is suspect! Something is not right somewhere. APC have a history of being bad losers. They would have said something bad about ribadu for defecting to pdp. However up till now, apc has not condemned ribadu's a
defection. I still feel this is a cover-up defection.

APC's still dealing with the shock of Ribadu defection, hence the silence.
Re: Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday by deeobserver209(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
tonytony208:

he may not even be planning to win. He may just want to sow discord and disagreement among other aspirants. This may cause inner division in adamawa pdp and give apc some leverage to win the election
Wake up dude. You're dreaming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / Okorocha Paid A Visit To Obasanjo At His Library In Abeokuta / Peter Obi Arrives Jos For Labor Party's Plateau Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.