Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? (1045 Views)

Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Top 13 People Who Made Christianity Look Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
My father used to hit me. He would daily leave my mother to raise us kids, and I once saw him kill a helpless animal with his bare hands. With that information you could understandably come to the conclusion that my father was a tyrant.

But listen to some missing information. If I ever lied or stole, my dad cared enough to correct me on the seat of my learning, and for that I greatly respected him and stayed on the straight and narrow. The reason he left my mum each day was to work hard as a carpenter and provide food for our table. And that animal he killed... It was a large bird that had been struck by a car and had been left to die on the side of the road. He put the poor animal out of its misery, and it grieved him to do so.

With that knowledge you can now see that my dad wasn’t a tyrant. He was a loving and kind father.
Richard Dawkins believes that God is more than just a tyrant. He said:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

But there's some missing information he's not giving you that changes everything…for those who will listen.

This same morally perfect and holy Creator (whose seeming harsh judgments were always “righteous and true altogether”) became a morally perfect human being. He did this to save us from the same just wrath that spilled upon the wicked nations of the Old Testament. Most of us know that Jesus of Nazareth gave His life as a sacrifice for the sin of the world. What they don’t know is that we violated God’s Law (the Ten Commandments) and justly deserve the wrath of the moral Law, but Jesus paid our fine in full. That means that God can legally dismiss our case. He can commute our death sentence and let us live forever, because our fine was paid by Another who then rose from the dead.

The same holy God who considers lust to be adultery and hatred to be murder, made provision for His great love and mercy to be extended towards those who repent and trust in the Saviour. For the Christian, the cross of Jesus Christ shows that God isn't the wicked tyrant that foolish and ignorant men make Him out to be. It is the missing information that changes everything.

"Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and His doctrine be not blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).

www.livingwaters.com

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by cirmuell(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
*going back to sleep*

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
The Christian religion in a picture : grin

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist:

The Christian religion in a picture : grin

Christianity is not a religion it's a relationship with Jesus Christ the Saviour. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tazmode:

*going back to sleep*

Did you sleep well? undecided

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Did you sleep well? undecided
grin haha, mehn, u luk gud in dat monkey outfit. Whoever gave it 2u truly luvs u
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Christianity is not a religion it's a relationship with Jesus Christ the Saviour. cheesy
Islam is not a religion, it's a relationship with allah;
Hindu is not a religion, it's a relationship with vishnu and all the gods.
ATR is not a religion, it's a relationship with the gods undecided

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tazmode:

grin haha, mehn, u luk gud in dat monkey outfit. Whoever gave it 2u truly luvs u

Thanks for the compliment. wink
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
The bible is not the word of God, saying that it is will only
drive people away from God- Ali Sina
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by abdulwastecx(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Religion is a rediculous ideology....it messed people up so badly
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by abdulwastecx(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist:

Religious prophet are greatest pliagiariser of other people's idea.... so many similarity between all religion.....Hod cannot be rsoonsible for all the absurdity they force intonour throats

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

Who told you that Muslims have a personal relationship with allah?
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

The bible is not the word of God, saying that it is will only
drive people away from God- Ali Sina

Portions of the Bible that "make God look bad" merely reveal that you lack understanding.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you that Muslims have a personal relationship with allah?
You're the spoke person for Muslims now?
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

You're the spoke person for Muslims now?

No true Muslim will tell you that they have a personal relationship with Allah.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

No true Muslim will tell you that they have a personal relationship with Allah.

LMFAO. grin
Should we ask?
Ah, what's the point?
You'll just say they're not "true Muslims" grin

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

LMFAO. grin
Should we ask?
Ah, what's the point?
You'll just say they're not "true Muslims" grin

Not even a moderate Muslim will tell you that they have a personal relationship with their Allah. Ask them.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Not even a moderate Muslim will tell you that they have a personal relationship with their Allah. Ask them.
Maclatunji
Infomizer
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

Maclatunji
Infomizer

Where and when did they make that claim?
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Where and when did they make that claim?
I'm inviting them.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

I'm inviting them.

I challenge them to admit the truth. cool
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Infomizer(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The 'truth' then is probably that not even a moderate christian will tell you that they have a personal relationship with their jehovah.
Greetings @apatheist...

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Emusan(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Infomizer:
The 'truth' then is probably that not even a moderate christian will tell you that they have a personal relationship with their jehovah.
Greetings @apatheist...

You were invited to tell us the relationship you/Muslims have with Allah not to turn it other way round.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emusan:

You were invited to tell us the relationship you/Muslims have with Allah not to turn it other way round.

You just checkmated him#. Good move. wink
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Infomizer(m): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emusan:

I don't think so. He prolly knows i'm not a muslim. We were invited to refute olaadegbu's statement.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Infomizer(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You just checkmated him#. Good move. wink
*smiles*
Apparently, you still don't geddit. Well, if it makes you sleep well sha...

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Infomizer:

I don't think so. He prolly knows i'm not a muslim. We were invited to refute olaadegbu's statement.

So he conjured you up to refute my statement? How do you then intend to refute it, metaphysically? undecided
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Emusan(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Infomizer:

OK! But Ola wasn't wrong anyway because relationship with God/personal encountered has been my prone challenge to Muslims and no Muslims has ever claimed to do that.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Infomizer:

*smiles*
Apparently, you still don't geddit. Well, if it makes you sleep well sha...

I get it now. You agree with me that Muslims don't have a personal relationship with Allah.
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by Infomizer(m): 6:04am On Aug 19, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I get it now. You agree with me that Muslims don't have a personal relationship with Allah.

Well, I was only using your own pill on you. Why would you say such?

Emusan:
OK! But Ola wasn't wrong anyway because relationship with God/personal encountered has been my prone challenge to Muslims and no Muslims has ever claimed to do that.

You probably need to redefine the word 'personal relationship'...Seems the same to me
Re: Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

(1) (Reply)

Another War In Heaven / How To Know Some Deep Secrets / Transforming Worship Conference With William Mcdowell Live In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.