Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Great Nation Of Biafra - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Great Nation Of Biafra (7773 Views)

Libya: Nation Of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Calls Obama A Killer / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! / The Great Nation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by romeo(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

@udezue
please lean back and chill out with all these rantings, no one is fighting or hating on anybody and if you were reffering to me,then i am proud to declare I'm a totally detribalised nigerian, will stand up for the ibos,hausas,yorubas,nd the same way, the point i was making in reference to my reply to owl is that if it all boils down to self determination along ethnic lines which though i do not support,,you will identify with your own ibo people, the issue here is that the south south will rather go and form their own nation same as the ibos will biafra rather than identifying with either the ibo,the yoruba or any other tribe, what is so wrong with that?
of course the ibos have an affiliation with the nd/oil producing areas same as the yorubas but the fact still remains that every single tribe has a right to self-determination and using emotional blackmail as you are doing is absurd to say the least

Detribalized indeed!!

You think the Urohbos and co will like to be in the same country with Ijos when it boils down to self determination? no way!! They are on their own and stop saying Nigerdelta as if it means Ijo.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by lucabrasi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2008
are you insinuating i am a tribalist?seems the word is now being so loosely bandied about on n land,
you have unconsciously backed up my point, thats is the precise point i am making,in a situation where the ibos want biafra,the south south too will naturally want to go on their own,if after that the urhobos,ijaws e.t.c now decide to further secede then they also have a right,same as the biafrans,yorubas e.t.c
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by romeo(m): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

are you insinuating i am a tribalist?seems the word is now being so loosely bandied about on n land,
you have unconsciously backed up my point, thats is the precise point i am making,in a situation where the ibos want biafra,the south south too will naturally want to go on their own,if after that the urhobos,ijaws e.t.c now decide to further secede then they also have a right,same as the biafrans,yorubas e.t.c

It's up to you to decipher if you are a tribalist or not! I didn't call you one.

The Term south south will die the day Nigeria ceases to exist, same goes for Niger delta. Ijaw will become Ijaw and live on fishing, Urhobos will answer their own surmane and Efiks, Istekiris and co
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by lucabrasi(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2008
romeo:

It's up to you to decipher if you are a tribalist or not! I didn't call you one.

The Term south south will die the day Nigeria ceases to exist, same goes for Niger delta. Ijaw will become Ijaw and live on fishing, Urhobos will answer their own surmane and Efiks, Istekiris and co
dude,i know the meaning of innuendo,however i wont dwell on that as its up to you what if you reckon i am or not, no skin off my nose!!

biafra has the same or similar probability of dying off in the event of a secession same as the south south,the glue holding the south eastern states together,same as the south west,north e.t.c is the federal allocation and its sharing, even in jos now the perceived indigenes and the north are in fighting amongst each other and the ibos and yorubas were actually caught in the cross fire rather tham being a target this time
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by romeo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2008
Igbos are the same bros!! Biafra will forever live.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by asha80(m): 12:26am On Dec 08, 2008
Why do i get this feeling that nigeria is heading towards a failed state sad
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by lucabrasi(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2008
romeo:

Igbos are the same bros!! Biafra will forever live.
i hear you,remember you r just one voice, one thought out of almost 40 million(if im not mistaken)with differences that will surface as soon as biafra is a state, go to the culture section and you will see examples, "mbaise women are difficult"and biafra is not even a nation yet grin
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by romeo(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2008
That Mbaise women are difficult has nothing to with the Biafran Nation. Mine might be one voice but the sentiment is a general one. Igbo Kwenu thread is a witness of that wink
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by lucabrasi(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2008
of course it has nothing to do with biafra nation "NOW"im on about the future when biafra as a nation is finally a reality, the point im trying to make with the mbaise women thread is that contrary to what you are saying the ibos,same as every other tribe in nigeria have their divisions as well which will be much more aparent in a biafra nation, the biafra nation sentiment is general with a lot of ibo but NOT ALL IBOS, and general sentiment isnt enough evidence that majority agree
my general sentiment towards the niger delta is that they be allowed to controll their resources but i dont support them leaving nigeria
my general sentiment towards the almajiri youths in towards educating and rehabilitating them but i dont support their crimes and i also support any one of them caught to be prosecuted
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by fayahsoul: 4:56am On Dec 27, 2008
[size=25pt]The republic of Biafra will be established in my life time![/size]

You can bet your life on that.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ezeagu2: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
fayahsoul:

[size=15pt]The republic of Biafra will be established in my life time![/size]

You don't have to fire us just yet.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by pappyn: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2009
those who believe America as a democratic nation watch this please http://www.documentarywire.com/obama-and-the-global-elite
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by yonybanta(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2009
Please rather than advocating for Sovereign nation of Biafra now lets consider how prepared is Biafrans. lets consider how prepared you are to be on your own, lets consider your lifestyles and the social vices that will characterized Biafra's nation if your current lifestyle is not taking care of.

For those who are pushing you for this cause, let them promise you whether they will fight to the end. The Civil War that resulted from the splitting of Korea into North and South Korea was fought by the agitator from the beginning to the end, Mandela fought to the end for South African to end apartheid rule but the civil war in Nigeria was to the detriment of the poor people in the proposed Biafra nation. Ojukwu and his Cohorts run away leaving the poor at the receiving end. For those of you who are making all sort of noice about this Biafra, be sure that there is a lot of challenges involves in it including some of you loosing your lives. Are you prepared?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Edruezzi: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
Biafra is dead. It will not return. It died the moment Gowon split up the old Eastern region into three states. If he had done that six months earlier, or if the inept Ironsi had, there would have been no war. Ironsi would have lived a little longer too.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Edruezzi: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
They say Nigeria is an artificial creation. Well, Biafra was as well. We might note that none of the artificial nations the Europeans created in Africa has broken up. The one African country that has stopped functioning as a state is Somalia, which is practically 100% ethnically homogenous.
Go fight another hopeless war. You’ll lose again.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
fayahsoul:

[size=25pt]The republic of Biafra will be established in my life time![/size]

the way this one keeps talking about other people's lives, one would think he's immortal, or that he has the ability to give life.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Shadowblaqq(m): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2012
The activities of boko haram sect is gradually paving the way for Biafran dream actualisation.Nigerians and the international community has realised that this entity known as Nigeria is a huge MISTAKE and will one day disintegrate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Sudan Locks Out Somalis / The Indians Lie Again! / Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.