Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,947 members, 7,799,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car (1471 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / What Are The Things One Needs To Lookout For B4 Buying Registered Car? / Naija Car Slangs Translation Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by gateleo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please I need to know what documents should I ask a seller that want to sell a registered naija car.

Due to serious issues surrounding 99 camry in naija, what documents should a prospective buyer see before paying for a registered car especially toyota camry 98/99 a.k.a pencil tiny light.

Please help out.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by arcis: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Following........
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
the vehicle papers...license, insurance, proof of ownership, check the engine no, chasis no, the name on the papers, verify the seller/owner's name, if the seller is not the owner insist on meeting the owner...if in doubt, and any reluctance to connect you with the real owner please flee, ask for account number of the owner where you'll deposit the funds for purchase, after verification via a valid id, and FRSC/licensing office to know if the names, engine no. chasis no. tally!....in some cases you find out incidents of double registration....

My Experience: I met a young man in Ikorodu who wanted to sell an E320 w210 Merc, he insisted it was because of his wedding in a week's time...so calmly I asked for an IV so I can be part.....but my real intention was to know his real names....since marrying with a fake name is not common....after viewing the card I complimented the quality, but kept the name in my mind which was different from what he called himself during introduction.......when it came to vehicle papers he gave me the papers bearing the acclaimed name different from that on his wedding IV while claiming it was his! On closer questioning he said and I quote "I have my name and my biz names different so dont worry" @ that point I calmly told him to provide me with an a/c no so I can transfer the funds for purchase....he gave the name on the vehicle papers at that point I calmly walked towards first bank and entered a bus enroute Ojota! He called and I told him point blank dt I dont deal with Janus typed individuals! So please be kiaful or else you may find yourself on a loooonnnnnng thing behind BARS! pencil camry pls check wella

2 Likes

Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by ziccoit: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
smartchoice: the vehicle papers...license, insurance, proof of ownership, check the engine no, chasis no, the name on the papers, verify the seller/owner's name, if the seller is not the owner insist on meeting the owner...if in doubt, and any reluctance to connect you with the real owner please flee, ask for account number of the owner where you'll deposit the funds for purchase, after verification via a valid id, and FRSC/licensing office to know if the names, engine no. chasis no. tally!....in some cases you find out incidents of double registration....

My Experience: I met a young man in Ikorodu who wanted to sell an E320 w210 Merc, he insisted it was because of his wedding in a week's time...so calmly I asked for an IV so I can be part.....but my real intention was to know his real names....since marrying with a fake name is not common....after viewing the card I complimented the quality, but kept the name in my mind which was different from what he called himself during introduction.......when it came to vehicle papers he gave me the papers bearing the acclaimed name different from that on his wedding IV while claiming it was his! On closer questioning he said and I quote "I have my name and my biz names different so dont worry" @ that point I calmly told him to provide me with an a/c no so I can transfer the funds for purchase....he gave the name on the vehicle papers at that point I calmly walked towards first bank and entered a bus enroute Ojota! He called and I told him point blank dt I dont deal with Janus typed individuals! So please be kiaful or else you may find yourself on a loooonnnnnng thing behind BARS! pencil camry pls check wella

Superb
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by arcis: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Wao, this is interesting.
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by gateleo(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Thank you Bros! !!!!

smartchoice: the vehicle papers...license, insurance, proof of ownership, check the engine no, chasis no, the name on the papers, verify the seller/owner's name, if the seller is not the owner insist on meeting the owner...if in doubt, and any reluctance to connect you with the real owner please flee, ask for account number of the owner where you'll deposit the funds for purchase, after verification via a valid id, and FRSC/licensing office to know if the names, engine no. chasis no. tally!....in some cases you find out incidents of double registration....

Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by gateleo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oga Ikenna351, Siena and others, we still need more contribution from you guys.

thanks.
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by gateleo(m): 6:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Gud moni. ........
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by ogawisdom(m): 8:16am On Aug 18, 2014

If u r buying frm a car dealer who bought it frm the owner and reselling. It won't b possible to see d previous owner, wat further precautions can one take in this case if d papers bears d previous owners name n nt d dealers name.
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2014
ogawisdom:

If u r buying frm a car dealer who bought it frm the owner and reselling. It won't b possible to see d previous owner, wat further precautions can one take in this case if d papers bears d previous owners name n nt d dealers name.
Verify from FRSC and the licencing office that the data tally....then any dealer who refuses to process the vehicle papers should be ready to identify the owner and put the buyers mind at ease.... Buyers Beware!
Re: Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car by ogawisdom(m): 8:45am On Aug 18, 2014
smartchoice:
Verify from FRSC and the licencing office that the data tally....then any dealer who refuses to process the vehicle papers should be ready to identify the owner and put the buyers mind at ease.... Buyers Beware!

Wat shld be d ideal thing for a dealer buying a used car to resell, is d paper supposed to bear d dealers name or d previous owners name who d buyer can't meet. Thanks a bunch

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Cars 2015 [PHOTOS] / How To Know A Good Engine / Car Battery Runs Down After Changing Engine Fan To Manual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.