Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC (1537 Views)

PHOTOS-PDP'S Likely 2019 Pairing, Ribadu-Peter Obi At Thisday Event / Umaru Musa Yar'adua:we Wish You Still Remain The President Of Nigeria / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by BashirAhmad1(m): 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
The All Progressives Congress [APC] has expressed disappointment over the defection of one of its chieftains, Nuhu Ribadu, to the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP], describing the development as “very terrible.”

The party however wished him luck in his new party.

Mr. Ribadu, a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, decamped to the ruling party on Saturday.

A member of the executive committee of the PDP in Bako, Mr. Ribadu’s ward in Yola South Local Government Area of Adamawa, had told this newspaper that the former EFCC boss had registered as a member of the party and given party membership card.

Mr. Ribadu, a retired Assistant Inspector General of Police, was the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in the 2011 elections.

The ACN merged with the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, the Congress for Progressives Change, CPC, and a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA.

Speaking with PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview on Sunday, the National Chairman of the APC, John Odigie-Oyegun, said he was not disappointed by Mr. Ribadu’s action, but that it merely confirmed the level to which the Nigerian society had degenerated.

“It makes me sad because it is very terrible thing. It is a confirmation of the level to which our society has degenerated,” he said.

“For a man of that calibre to fall into that trap because of governorship position is disappointing. There is no problem; we wish him luck.”

Asked why it was disappointing, the APC national chairman said, “Don’t you see what this represents – that a man of his calibre will fall for the temptation?

“I hope you understand the point I am making. I am not sad because of the APC, but because it reflects on the condition of the Nigerian elite and the kind of things they fall for.

“For the APC, there is no problem. People go, people come, but for this nation, it is a very sad commentary. It makes you unhappy.”

On whether the APC leadership made any effort to dissuade Mr. Ribadu from leaving the party, Mr. Oyegun merely said, “People spoke with him,” adding “I don’t want to say more than that.”

He however said, “The time has come when we should have politicians of principle. We cannot continue like this.

“The society is sick. We shouldn’t encourage things like this. It indicates democracy is lacking in that party.

“For a man of his calibre to say the things he has said on record and still did this, is disappointing. If he had done this six months ago that would have been understandable. But just because of nomination, you fell for it, even if it is the main election. (Buba) Marwa is there; the Speaker is there.

“This is rock bottom. Haba wetin! The disconnection is too direct.”

The APC national chairman was not definite if the party would initiate any effort to get the former EFCC chairman back into the party.

“That is not the issue,” he said. “If you want to get him back, you offer him what the people are offering him.

“I’m not disappointed because I’m APC or because of where he is going. But for a man of that calibre who has said things on record and yet went in this direction is disappointing.”

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/featured-news/166893-bye-bye-ribadu-we-wish-you-luck-apc.html
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lol Someone sounds really pained cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
In politics,its every man for himself. No permanent friend,no permanent foe,simply permanent interest..am not surprised,everybody will go to where the bread can be buttered.

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by sohl7(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
All in a bid to contest the gubernatorial election... Ribadun a corruption fighter,YES. A politician,*idon'tknow*

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nigerian political scene...'soldier go, soldier come'...
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
would love to see how all these events play out, marwa, ribado all pdp grin

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Zakkyoz: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
I don't need a prophet to tell me to stop e-war because of Nigeria politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
The end of APC is near!!!

Dear E-supporters of APC you still have the chance to make a decision to join the winning team PDP!!

GEJ till 5078!!!

9 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ribadu could not withstand "hunger" any longer! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Gbawe: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
I personally wish Ribadu well because he is a driven and focused administrator who will likely excel in any political position he attains. The substantive point is that PDP may have nothing for him and this may just be a strategy to weaken the APC. The PDP may have no goodwill for Ribadu and probably just want to use his good name same as GEJ did not mean well for the former EFCC boss but sought his credible name when the government was under pressure after the fuel subsidy riot . Ribadu was drafted in as head of the investigative petroleum task force. Ribadu was subsequently ridiculed by team GEJ after doing a good job and delivering on the remit of the task force.

Same may happen again. For Ribadu's sake, I hope not because that would stigmatise him as politically gullible and naive. He may simply then have nowhere to go if this turns into a bad gamble and a misadventure. Cross-carpeting to chase political ambition is common in Nigeria and Ribadu still has a good record, in comparison to many, in this regard. Nonetheless, it is who he is and what the PDP is that can make this personally costly for Ribadu.
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Gbawe: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
SenseiX: Lol Someone sounds really pained cheesy

Ordinary Nigerians like you make me laugh with how you carry the so-called "enmity" of our politicians personally on your heads. Odigie-Oyegun and Ribadu may even be having a drink together this evening so you can remain here jubilating that Odigie-Oyegun is "pained" . It is you and others who are "pained" and take the whole enmity thing seriously.

After elections, most politicians are bosom buddies who even assist each other personally regardless of Party divide. They don't go around fighting each other to a standstill. They leave that to gullible people like you. This is why Boko Haram is killing ordinary Nigerians while GEJ continues to rub shoulders with the Boko Haramites he tells us have "infiltrated every level" of his government.

6 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
LMFAO!

When Kwankwaso and Co decamped to APC, it didn't reflect on the condition of the Nigerian elite and what they fall for neither was their principle called to question.

silly old man.

10 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by kokoA(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
What if he is not given the PDP ticket? Where he go hide him face? These politicians have a way of rubbishing a people with excellent credentials o, remember Charles Soludo and Late. Dora Akunyili.. Hope Ribadu doesn't end up like them.
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by jmaine: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sunnybobo3: LMFAO!

When Kwankwaso and Co decamped to APC, it didn't reflect on the condition of the Nigerian elite and what they fall for neither was their principle called to question.

silly old man.

That is the legendary hypocrisy of the party called APC . . . . . .It stinks . . . . .

9 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Henryjr(m): 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
APC cannot obviously stand d test of time.....more to fall out b4 2015
Yungwizzzy: The end of APC is near!!!
Dear E-supporters of APC you still have the chance to make a decision to join the winning team PDP!!
GEJ till 5078!!!
APC cannot obviously stand d test of time.....more to fall out b4 2015
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by Tunjasko(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
PDP just want to useless dizz man....mke hin ask Soludo hw dem do am wayo....wie him dey today
I can bet wt my last cash dat dey won't gve him PDP governorship ticket
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by ziccoit: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Zakkyoz: I don't need a prophet to tell me to stop e-war because of Nigeria politicians.

I resigned a long time ago. I only comment when it is extremely important. We the masses are at the receiving end. The beautiful ones are not yet born. Nigeria is a jungle populated by. . .

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by gen2briz(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yungwizzzy: The end of APC is near!!!

GEJ till 5078!!!

5078 BC abi
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by emiye(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Naive decision by Ribadu, i hope it works for him at the long run.

Ribadu is a dedicated and smart young man.

But truth be told, i always sense naiveity in him, even though i couldnt place it.
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by yomexp(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ribadu does not have the political clout to win any election in nigeria. those that would have worked for him he as persecuted during his reign has the EFCC boss. so i wonder who is going to bankroll his political machinery for the PDP primaries against a formidable opponent like Buba marwa, an excellent administrator and a long time politician who by all intent and purpose is in pole position to clinch this one. not forgeting the acting governor.

now against the backdrop of pdp's political calculations which seems to favour a grass root politician over any other consideration in recent time ditto fayose; Eketi, omisore;OSUN. it seems plausible to conclude that he(RIBADU) might not be getting the ticket afterall.

some nigerian politician seems to over rate themselves.
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by shizzle11(m): 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
lamentation of the supporters of APC. No time

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by teskyg: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
El-Rufai is calculating angry
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by jliusadura(m): 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmm
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by oshyno(m): 12:18am On Aug 18, 2014
Gbawe:

Ordinary Nigerians like you make me laugh with how you carry the so-called "enmity" of our politicians personally on your heads. Odigie-Oyegun and Ribadu may even be having a drink together this evening so you can remain here jubilating that Odigie-Oyegun is "pained" . It is you and others who are "pained" and take the whole enmity thing seriously.

Like seriously man where u drunk to have said that ? No offense but going by APC chairman vituperation he is very pained by Ribadu's attitude.
How on earth will they drink togeda this night then. Maybe next nights to come but not this night. grin grin grin grin

After elections, most politicians are bosom buddies who even assist each other personally regardless of Party divide. They don't go around fighting each other to a standstill. They leave that to gullible people like you. This is why Boko Haram is killing ordinary Nigerians while GEJ continues to rub shoulders with the Boko Haramites he tells us have "infiltrated every level" of his government.

There is no doubt this is a political blow to APC. As far as Adamawa state is concerned APC is dead. Forget Atiku.
The only intrigue here is if GEJ denies him gov ticket which I will hate PDP n GEJ for that..
Re: Bye Bye Ribadu, We Wish You Luck — APC by jmoore(m): 12:23am On Aug 18, 2014
“For a man of that calibre to fall into that trap because of governorship position is
disappointing. There is no problem; we wish him luck.

They should complete the luck. Goodluck or?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Flops Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) On National Awards / Fulani Cattle Breeders To Mobilize 23 Million Votes For Jonathan / Mubi Attack: 150 Benue Students In Adamawa University Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.