Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,976 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Pray For Israel! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Israel! (4086 Views)

For Or Against: Christians United For Israel (CUFI) / Another Letter Received From Christians United For Israel. / Yesha Leader In Nigeria To Rally Support For Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2006
Hey guys, the bible enjoins us that those who bless Isreal are blessed and those who curse it are cursed! Let us pray for the peace of Isreal as they prepare to push back the gates of their enemies. The same God who gave them the head of goliath is still alive today.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah hath roared, who can stand before Him?

There cant be any cease fire with those who have sworn to her destruction, for when the enemy cometh as a flood, the Lord raises a standard against them!

Isreal shall win this battle!!!!!
Re: Pray For Israel! by diddy4(m): 4:59am On Jul 24, 2006
i pray they win. about time people start believing in the word of Jah.
Re: Pray For Israel! by otokx(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2006
I have prayed for the peace of Jerusalem.
Re: Pray For Israel! by m4malik(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2006
May God have mercy on the thousands caught in the cross-fire, ever protect His covenant people Israel, and mercifully open the eyes and hearts of the Palestinians.
Re: Pray For Israel! by mukina2: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2006
my prayer is for the innocent ones caught between the bombs
Re: Pray For Israel! by emeka83: 6:58am On Jul 25, 2006
mukina2:

and the rockets fired by hezbollah and hamas
Re: Pray For Israel! by m4malik(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2006
emeka83:

mukina2 link=topic=18621.msg516027#msg516027 date=1153747388:

and the rockets fired by hezbollah and hamas

LOL. . . emeka83, na wah for you. grin cheesy
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2006
Davidlyn,

Technically, the bible does not say that those who bless and curse Israel shall be blessed and cursed.

The actual verses:

Gen 12:1 And Jehovah said to Abram, Go out of your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house into a land that I will show you. Gen 12:2 And I will make you a great nation. And I will bless you and make your name great. And you shall be a blessing. Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

I don't tell you this because I want you to stop praying for Israel. You must. It is just a technical correction to the frequent distortions of preachers.

The bible tells me that one is a Jew who is one in his heart (romans 2:29) and that I am the inheritor as a christian of the promises to Abraham. (Gal 3:29)

I like seeing what the bible really says.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

Technically, the bible does not say that those who bless and curse Israel shall be blessed and cursed.

The actual verses:

Gen 12:1 And Jehovah said to Abram, Go out of your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house into a land that I will show you. Gen 12:2 And I will make you a great nation. And I will bless you and make your name great. And you shall be a blessing. Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

I don't tell you this because I want you to stop praying for Israel. You must. It is just a technical correction to the frequent distortions of preachers.

The bible tells me that one is a Jew who is one in his heart (romans 2:29) and that I am the inheritor as a christian of the promises to Abraham. (Gal 3:29)

thank you for this 100% accurate clarification.

i'd also like to add that there is a big difference between old testament jew, new testament jew, and the jews we have today.

i am 100% against what the jews today are doing to their neighbours, especially the palestinians. they seem to be re enacting what they went through during the holocaust with them being hitler and the nazis, and the arabs, the jews.i hope they do realize that they could never live in peace when they do not have a single friendly neighbour. Ariel sharon had to reach some compromises towards the end of his days in office because he seemed to have realized that his high handed tactics were causing more harm than he imagined to the satte of israel.

the most "unobservant observer" would agree that the force israel is employing in this present middle east conflict, like in so many of their other wars, is really WAY OUT OF PROPORTION to the acts claimed to be committed against israel. maybe we should also examine the trend of events that necessitated the abduction of the israeli soldiers in the first place?

in any case i think as human beings, we should be praying for ALL innocent people caught in the conflict, particularly children who happen to constitute half of those killed so far, and not just Israel. Jesus prayed for even his enemies and i don't even see how the lebanese and Palestinians are enemies to christians. i mean, Jews aren't christians. snap, they say Jesus is, God forbid, a bastard and not even at least a revered prophet like the palestinian and lebanese muslims believe!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

The actual verses:

No offence intended really but i dont see your point. Is it that the blessing pronounced by God in Gen 12:2 was ONLY to Abraham and not to his seed? When God was pronouncing His blessings, read between the lines, He was blessing them as a Nation THROUGH Abraham! The bible in the Psalms does enjoin us to PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM!
Read Numbers 22 - 24, and read why Balaam could not curse the children of Isreal because they were already blessed.

Just blessing Isreal does not automatically entitle you to being blessed by God, you must be His by heart to be eligible for that blessing. As a child of God, you are already blessed but as a people who are inheritors of Abraham's blessings through Christ, we are enjoined to remember Isreal in our prayers.

We are wont to "technically" miss what the bible truly means when we take a few verses in isolation, you have to be able to put those verses in the context of many other ones in the bible to get the true meaning of what God is saying.
Re: Pray For Israel! by zarah(f): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2006
Drusilla, carmelily thank you!

damn, it really is true that empty vessels make the biggest noise. sad
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2006
zarah:

Drusilla, carmelily thank you!

damn, it really is true that empty vessels make the biggest noise. sad

, and it is pretty obvious that many empty shells do not think before they speak. True that sense might not be common afterall.
1. Drusilla took a few verses out of context and suddenly muslims who dont even know what they are talking about are giving her a clap on the back.
2. Carmelily sounds muslim. She obviously has no idea what the bible talks about and yet she's giving Drusilla a clap for a "100% accurate analysis"? How naive.
3. What are you thanking Drusilla and carmelily for? For simply saying what you want to hear or speaking the truth? Sorry this thread was not meant for juvenile muslims but serious minded christians who are willing to stand by God's own people in their moment of crisis.
Re: Pray For Israel! by zarah(f): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2006
Damn being so predictable must be frustrating for you. now carmelily must be a muslim abi?

You know what you are the most intelligent, most educated and most religious person on Nairaland

dats why you are ALWAYS right.

It is not always about Christianity and Islam you know.

And pls don't quote me again, afterall nairaland is open to the public and i have a right to read ALL posts.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2006
zarah:

Damn being so predictable must be frustrating for you. now carmelily must be a muslim abi?

You know what you are the most intelligent, most educated and most religious person on Nairaland

that is why you are ALWAYS right.

It is not always about Christianity and Islam you know.

And please don't quote me again, afterall nairaland is open to the public and i have a right to read ALL posts.

You have a right to read all posts but DO NOT have the right to insult the posters. I would have passed your post up as another one from ignorant juvenile deliquents but for your indirect insult. it is not a RIGHT to post by force, you are aboslutely welcome to keep quiet when you have nothing to say.
And in case you forgot, this is the RELIGION thread!

i rest my case.
Re: Pray For Israel! by TayoD(m): 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2006
Davidylan,

I'm with you all the way. The promise of God to Abraham extends beyond the life and times of Abraham to his present day seed in the flesh: Isreal, and to his spiritual descendants by faith: Christians.

It is counter-productive for people who have no full understanding of the biblical promise to come out here and mislead those who are already going astray. Such misconception is what led to a muslim on this forum claiming that they bless Abraham even more than christians do, and that muslims are even more christian than Christians themselves. Don't be deceived, you cannot be rooting for the destruction of Abraham's descendants and yet think you are blessing Abraham. These two are mutually exclusive.
Re: Pray For Israel! by zarah(f): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2006
I have better things to do than to insult people.

Force? sounds like you to me.

i said wat i had to say and nothing stops me from saying thank you to someone whose  post i found matured, or interesting. it's the religion thread obviously duh!!! wat i mean is ur judgements shouldn't be based on who is a christian and who is not. dats lame to me. but again U R ALWAYS RIGHT.

cool cool cool cool
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2006
zarah:

I have better things to do than to insult people.

Force? sounds like you to me.

i said what i had to say and nothing stops me from saying thank you to someone whose post i found matured, or interesting. it's the religion thread obviously duh!!! what i mean is your judgements shouldn't be based on who is a christian and who is not. that is lame to me. but again U R ALWAYS RIGHT.

cool cool cool cool

Yet again your immaturity is obvious as you have no clue what you are defending. You just keep going back and forth dribbling yourself.
You claim things should not always be christian and muslim on A RELIGION THREAD! how smart is that? so what should they be? Secularism and atheism?
In what way did you find Carmelily's post "matured or interesting"? She gives 100% accuracy to Drusilla's post that in itself leaves much to be desired, you give drusilla's post a "matured" rating and yet you have no idea what she nor i are talking about. You dont know the bible and yet you find their posts interesting?
If my judgements on a religion thread is not based on who is or is not a christian, on what should it be based on? On who is a sango worshipper?

You sound confused. Do not post if you absolutely have nothing upstairs to say.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
No offence intended really but i don't see your point. Is it that the blessing pronounced by God in Gen 12:2 was ONLY to Abraham and not to his seed? When God was pronouncing His blessings, read between the lines, He was blessing them as a Nation THROUGH Abraham!

Davidlyn,

The bible is clear, Christians are the seed of Abraham.

Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

The bible in the Psalms does enjoin us to PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM!
Read Numbers 22 - 24, and read why Balaam could not curse the children of Isreal because they were already blessed.

Just blessing Isreal does not automatically entitle you to being blessed by God, you must be His by heart to be eligible for that blessing. As a child of God, you are already blessed but as a people who are inheritors of Abraham's blessings through Christ, we are enjoined to remember Isreal in our prayers.

We are wont to "technically" miss what the bible truly means when we take a few verses in isolation, you have to be able to put those verses in the context of many other ones in the bible to get the true meaning of what God is saying.

Since I specifically told you, YOU MUST pray for Israel. One wonders why you said all of this. Strawman argument?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

The bible is clear, Christians are the seed of Abraham.

Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

That is not in dispute. What really was the essence of yoour initial post? That since we are Abraham's seed and blessed we do not need to pray for Isreal? That it is not in black and white that we should pray for Isreal? Do not oppose posts just to be different, make a clear point not rambling.

Drusilla:

Since I specifically told you, YOU MUST pray for Israel. One wonders why you said all of this. Strawman argument?

You specifically told me what? If you think i MUST pray for Isreal then what really are you getting at? i havent seen anything in two posts yet.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2006
Davidlyn,

This is what I am getting at: God loves truth. I wanted the truth and not the distortion of what the bible says to be heard.

Maybe the truth is not a point with you.

Let us examine your first post, that I responded to:

Hey guys, the bible enjoins us that those who bless Isreal are blessed and those who curse it are cursed!

The bible does not say that. That would make this statement, not true.

Let us pray for the peace of Isreal as they prepare to push back the gates of their enemies. The same God who gave them the head of goliath is still alive today.

There can't be any cease fire with those who have sworn to her destruction, for when the enemy cometh as a flood, the Lord raises a standard against them!

Your praying for the peace of Israel and then saying that there can not be a ceasefire with those who have sworn to her destruction?

Well we about to have a very, very, very long war then because Israel got to get busy killing all of their neighbors not just those in Lebanon if there should be no ceasefire, as you say.

No cease fire with palestinians? Israel better get busy blowing them up.

No cease fire with Iran, who calls for their destruction daily? Israel better get busy blowing them up.

In fact of business, your whole post is an example of someone who is totally confused. No wonder you can't understand my simple technical correction post.
Re: Pray For Israel! by mukina2: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2006
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

This is what I am getting at: God loves truth. I wanted the truth and not the distortion of what the bible says to be heard.

Maybe the truth is not a point with you.

Let us examine your first post, that I responded to:
Hey guys, the bible enjoins us that those who bless Isreal are blessed and those who curse it are cursed!

The bible does not say that. That would make this statement, not true.

Pls read Gen 12 again. The promise was indirectly made to the nation of Isreal through Abraham and NOT to Abraham alone. You seem to take the bible literarily letter by letter dear. The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth light! why else would that same blessing transcend to us who ourselves are children of Abraham spiritually and yet not be true for his own direct seed?
There are so many things that are not written in black and white in the bible yet God Himself brings the direct revelation.
Christians do not smoke - where in the bible is it written thou shalt not smoke? But christians know this to be wrong, why? Bible reading is not about technicalities, it is about understanding the spirit behind it!

Just another example of not everyone who reads the bible understanding it in its entirety. Many just read and understand technically, no spiritual understanding behind it!

Drusilla:

Let us pray for the peace of Isreal as they prepare to push back the gates of their enemies. The same God who gave them the head of goliath is still alive today.
There can't be any cease fire with those who have sworn to her destruction, for when the enemy cometh as a flood, the Lord raises a standard against them!
Your praying for the peace of Israel and then saying that there can not be a ceasefire with those who have sworn to her destruction?

Well we about to have a very, very, very long war then because Israel got to get busy killing all of their neighbors not just those in Lebanon if there should be no ceasefire, as you say.

No cease fire with palestinians? Israel better get busy blowing them up.

No cease fire with Iran, who calls for their destruction daily? Israel better get busy blowing them up.

In fact of business, your whole post is an example of someone who is totally confused. No wonder you can't understand my simple technical correction post.

Obviously you are do not understand things you read, if you dont, do not bother posting rejoinders.

1. Praying for the peace of Jerusalem does not necessarily mean peace in a literal sense. Read your bible, Jesus did not promise peace in the last days, , for in the last days, when they shall say peace and safety then sudden destruction cometh upon them.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Obviously many of you equate peace as the abscence of violence. Please read between the lines.

2. Why there can be no cease fire between Isreal and its neighbors. You desire a cease fire between two adversaries that AGREE to come to peaceful terms. Is Hizbollah interested in peace with Isreal? Is Iran that is sworn to Isreal's destruction a prime candidate for peaceful negotiations?
Why do you think the US and other western powers have refrained from issuing a direct cease fire?

As for your "technical correction", it would have been taken if it were right, it is definitely NOT right, you dont understand the verses you are quoting, you're only hiding behind technicalities. It shows how shallow your biblical knowledge is.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
Davidlyn,

How come you think it is christian to rebuke me for taking the bible literally?

Now however by doing so, you prove my exact point of posting the truth.

The truth we are going to hear from you, is going to be your interpretation of what the bible means.

Not what the bible actually says.

You going to have to forgive me for trusting what the bible actually says and not your interpretation.

Please read Gen 12 again. The promise was indirectly made to the nation of Isreal through Abraham and NOT to Abraham alone. You seem to take the bible literarily letter by letter dear. The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth light! why else would that same blessing transcend to us who ourselves are children of Abraham spiritually and yet not be true for his own direct seed?

Please read Paul, who specifically states that the promise was made DIRECTLY only to Abraham's SEED, Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:16  And to Abraham and to his Seed the promises were spoken. It does not say, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, "And to your Seed," which is Christ.

Paul specifically rebukes the idea that this was a general promise to many seeds of children of Abraham.

There are so many things that are not written in black and white in the bible yet God Himself brings the direct revelation.

Oops. There it is. The mark of a cult member, who has secret direct revelations from God as an excuse to dismiss what the bible literally says.

Christians do not smoke - where in the bible is it written thou shalt not smoke? But christians know this to be wrong, why? Bible reading is not about technicalities, it is about understanding the spirit behind it!

How did I know this was coming?

First you tell me to ignore a literal reading of what the bible ACTUALLY says.
Then you tell me to instead insert rules for christians that you just made up.

Ignore the bible.
Listen to you.

I don't think so.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 12:12am On Jul 26, 2006
Davidlyn,

1. Praying for the peace of Jerusalem does not necessarily mean peace in a literal sense. Read your bible, Jesus did not promise peace in the last days, , for in the last days, when they shall say peace and safety then sudden destruction cometh upon them.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Obviously many of you equate peace as the abscence of violence. Please read between the lines.

Read between the lines, again?

These verses are talking about the day of the Lord. Nobody is going to escape this. Not Israel, not you. So why you through this verse in as proof that we should not equate peace in Israel, with ACTUAL peace in Israel, is beyond me.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that I write to you.
1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.

2. Why there can be no cease fire between Isreal and its neighbors. You desire a cease fire between two adversaries that AGREE to come to peaceful terms. Is Hizbollah interested in peace with Isreal? Is Iran that is sworn to Isreal's destruction a prime candidate for peaceful negotiations?
Why do you think the US and other western powers have refrained from issuing a direct cease fire?

All I want is consistency, when I am praying for peace in Israel, then it should mean actual peace in Israel, not some twisted way of pretending that war is peace.
Re: Pray For Israel! by zarah(f): 9:44am On Jul 26, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ drusilla,

arguig with you is like talking to a brick wall. Read before making comments and obviously you have a long way to go with understanding the bible. i am not there yet myself but i will not be drawn into a hopeless "technicalities" discussion on the word of God.

Please read Paul, who specifically states that the promise was made DIRECTLY only to Abraham's SEED, Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:16 And to Abraham and to his Seed the promises were spoken. It does not say, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, "And to your Seed," which is Christ.

Paul specifically rebukes the idea that this was a general promise to many seeds of children of Abraham.

What are we arguing about here? Seems to me we both agree on the same thing. Yes the promise was made DIRECTLY ONLY to Abraham's seed THE JEWS! Not just Jesus Christ!!!!! What of Isaac and Jacob? Where they not direct beneficiaries of the same blessing? Are we not as spiritual sons of Abraham covered by the same blessing?

You seem to have Gal 3:16 upside down. Like i said, never take a verse in isolation, start from verse 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Go to verse 13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Now juxtaposing verses 8, 13, 14 and 16 together it would seem that Paul was contradicting himself there right? Wrong! Read Gen 12:2 where the original blessing was made: Gen 12:2 And I will make you a great nation. And I will bless you and make your name great. And you shall be a blessing. Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

That should be clear enough. First understand that Paul was speaking in Galatians to GENTILES and not JEWS! The initial promise was made to Abraham and the Jews. The jews are regarded as God's own people in the natural sense. Whe he said "not to seeds" is, he was trying to tell the gentiles not to assume that the promise is general to everyone but is only specific to those who are OF CHRIST! The jews first as His own natural children and then to the Gentiles who have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb and have in the spiritual sense become Christ's!

The bible talks of Christ as the seed of David, thus that nullify the fact that David had other descendants?

Lastly please read Isaac's valedictory speech to Jacob in Gen 28. Verse 4And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.

Note the use of "seed" in the singular here, would you assume that to be Just Christ or specific for the lineage of Abraham of which Jesus Christ came through?

There are so many things in the bible that we can interprete however we want, we only need to ask for God's light to shine on His word to give us more understanding. Second lesson, never take a verse in isolation, read all other related scriptures to get a complete picture.

Thank you
Re: Pray For Israel! by nilla(f): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2006
i'd also like to add that there is a big difference between old testament jew, new testament jew, and the jews we have today.

i am 100% against what the jews today are doing to their neighbours, especially the palestinians. they seem to be re enacting what they went through during the holocaust with them being hitler and the nazis, and the arabs, the jews.i hope they do realize that they could never live in peace when they do not have a single friendly neighbour. Ariel sharon had to reach some compromises towards the end of his days in office because he seemed to have realized that his high handed tactics were causing more harm than he imagined to the satte of israel.

the most "unobservant observer" would agree that the force israel is employing in this present middle east conflict, like in so many of their other wars, is really WAY OUT OF PROPORTION to the acts claimed to be committed against israel. maybe we should also examine the trend of events that necessitated the abduction of the israeli soldiers in the first place?

in any case i think as human beings, we should be praying for ALL innocent people caught in the conflict, particularly children who happen to constitute half of those killed so far, and not just Israel. Jesus prayed for even his enemies and i don't even see how the lebanese and Palestinians are enemies to christians. i mean, Jews aren't christians. snap, they say Jesus is, God forbid, a bastard and not even at least a revered prophet like the palestinian and lebanese muslims believe!

True talk carmelily
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

Read between the lines, again?

These verses are talking about the day of the Lord. Nobody is going to escape this. Not Israel, not you. So why you through this verse in as proof that we should not equate peace in Israel, with ACTUAL peace in Israel, is beyond me.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that I write to you.
1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.

All I want is consistency, when I am praying for peace in Israel, then it should mean actual peace in Israel, not some twisted way of pretending that war is peace.

In no way was 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-3 talking about the day of the Lord. What Paul was refering to here are signs of the end time.  Read verse 1, but of the times and seasons, brothers - What he meant there was, as children of God, we have the ability to discern the times that we live in, even though we do not know the exact time of the end, God has given us extensive prophecies in the scriptures to give us a clue as to what time we are in.
Verse 3 is more complicated. That is a direct prophecy. It refers to a time when there will be a semblance of false peace in Isreal, a time when it will sign peace treaties with its arab neighbors and for a time things will look as if lasting peace has been finally achieved. But God's children are to note that it is a sign that their redemption is even closer than when they first imagined. During this period of "peace" the temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt for that is where the beast will seat and call himself god. During this period which would last about 7 yrs, the rapture will take place after 3.5 yrs and the remaining 3.5yrs will be the great tribulation when the man of sin is finally revealed for who he is. After that comes the GREAT DAY OF THE LORD!

I have borrowed extensively from the book of Revelation, so many verses i cannot begin to quote here, but i'd be willing to share more if you are interested.
Thanks
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2006
nilla:

True talk carmelily

Which talk? Those pack of inconsistencies?

@Carmelily

Carmelily pls what is the diff btw the new, old testament and jews of today? Please enlighten us because we are at loss as to what you are saying here. I have read my bible several times and i see no diff btw the jews of the new and old testament.

The jews are not christians? True they do not recognise Jesus Christ as the Messiah now but they would not be cast away, the time of the gentiles has been fulfilled, God is now turning His attention to His original people, the jews. He will in no wise cast out His seed, muslims can "bless" Abraham how many times they like, it wont make any diff in the long run.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2006
@davidylan
lesson 1: u must not respond to every single post.

lesson 2: if u must respond, be civil.

lesson 3: old testament jew=seed of abraham

new testament jew= every and anybody(OT jew, gentile, whoever) accepts the idea of "salvation through the blood of Jesus" as explained by Paul, the apostle.

as enlightened about the bible as u claim to be, i am rather surprised that u dont even know there is a difference between OT and NT jew. what was the controversy among the apostles about Cornelius's conversion?

jew today: read "The Merchant of Venice"

lesson 4: i AM a christian.

@nilla and zara:
thanx! cheesy
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ carmelily
if being civil is pandering to your lies and contradictions, i'd rather not.

lesson 3: old testament jew=seed of abraham

new testament jew= every and anybody(OT jew, gentile, whoever) accepts the idea of "salvation through the blood of Jesus" as explained by Paul, the apostle.

as enlightened about the bible as u claim to be, i am rather surprised that u don't even know there is a difference between OT and NT jew. what was the controversy among the apostles about Cornelius's conversion?

jew today: read "The Merchant of Venice"

lesson 4: i AM a christian.

1. Being a christian (at least by word of mouth) does not mean you either are saved or understand God's word. For example, see the pharisees and saducees, great teachers of the law in their days.
2. Seed of Abraham is the Old testament Jews only? How come we the gentiles are also refered to as the spiritual seed of Abraham? Have you read Paul's Agricultural treatise in Romans?

There is no difference between the OT and NT jews, there is only a difference in dispensation. One was under the law, the other was under grace. The issue of cornelius is proof of your ignorance. Cornelius was NOT a jew but a gentile. The problem with the apostles was everyone believed the gospel was only reserved to the jews, they were all surprised that even gentiles could recieve the Holy Ghost.

If you have to read the merchant of Venice to understand the diff between the OT and NT jews, then i really doubt your being christian. Your earlier posts have already sown the first seeds of doubt anyway. Either you have a shallow bible knowledge or you're still immature.

Thanks to nilla and zara? Those who stuck up for what they neither believe nor understand?
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2006
please, keep quiet so u stop committing more blunders.
u say there is no difference BUT there is a differnce. what kind of doublespeak is that?
i NEVER said cornelius was a jew, but the generality of christendom believes that after "receiving the Holy Ghost" like u said, God sees us all as his beloved children, the jews.
so, according to Paul, what did Cornelius become in the eyes of God after he "received the Holy Ghost?
what did Paul mean by there is neither jew nor gentile?
i blame myself for giving u more credit than u deserve, next time i'll break it down ABC for you grin

@ carmelily

2. Seed of Abraham is the Old testament Jews only? How come we the gentiles are also refered to as the spiritual seed of Abraham? Have you read Paul's Agricultural treatise in Romans?

[/quote]
is Romans in the old testament? get my points clearly before u talk. i said OT jew only referred to the children of israel and not gentiles as it does in the new testament.
[quote author=davidylan link=topic=18621.msg524898#msg524898 date=1154008550]
@ carmelily
if being civil is pandering to your lies and contradictions, i'd rather not.

thanks to nilla and zara? Those who stuck up for what they neither believe nor understand?

no. being civil is sounding like u're in civilised company.
and wud u also tell me who to thank? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Religion Done For Africa. / I NEED AN ANSWER CHRISTIANS! I NEED AN ANSWER! / Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.