Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University (9982 Views)

Dickson Ndukwe-agbai (nigerian) Best Doctorate Student In UK University (photo) / 2008 Post Jamb Date 4 Uniben,oau & Unilorin. / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
PrinceMario: I hardly grasp what you are insinuating here. BTW,i wont count your grammatical blunders as a norm for unilorin students. though,we shall know them by their spoken and written English.
Saying OAU admission processes is not fair is a blatant lie. i've said once,i was 0.5 mark above OAU cutoff when i entered into my course of choice without knocking any lecturers' door. And i'm not even from the west,i hail from Kogi state.
And none of my friends entered unilorin without 'runsing' it despite the fact that their putme score was convincing.
PS: Two of them failed OAU post jamb before resorting to that glorified secondary school.
and who told u that am a student of ilorin
and Mr know all can u pls point out d blunders in d post and list the achievement(s) u hav made with ur "Good English"

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
davidmascot: NA GOD GO PURNISH YOUR MOUTH THERE .There is nothing like masscom in oau and postutme result is over 400.Odeeeeeeeee.....
i got mis-informed cuz she always boast of studying mass com..bros dindinrin if God didnt punish me..bring ur family along to cum and punish me
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by davidmascot(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
no wonder a frnd of mine also pass oau post utme but decided to opt for unilorin in d just concluded post utme and scored 42 out of 100
Guy I can now see you are showing the seventh symptom of Ebola.......
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Kunlexic(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lmfao grin grin grin grin grin,na different tinx we go dey see here on nairaland.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Kunlexic(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Why u dey use unilorin compare oau as the best Wetin snail wan come do insyd soup wen we dey call meat
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Fynestboi: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
no wonder a frnd of mine also pass oau post utme but decided to opt for unilorin in d just concluded post utme and scored 42 out of 100

them use lie do you ni? undecided undecided

This year method you can only pick one university how come your friend wrote both oau and unilorin pume angry
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Kunlexic(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
unilorin do indulge in admission runs whoa!! Can u get me sum1 dat can help do d runs 4 sum1 dat scored 201 in jamb and 42 in post utme cuz datz wat a guy got and he is studying mass com at oau and what a sorry case and u are smh..nawa o simple english u cant grab..
I pirry u embarassed
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Fynestboi: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
davidmascot: Guy I can now see you are showing the seventh symptom of Ebola.......

grin grin indeed
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Kunlexic(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fynestboi:

This year method you can only pick one university how come your friend wrote both oau and unilorin pume angry
chai,,tis lyk sometin went wrong with the guy,it is d same guy dat say he. Has friend studying mass comm @ oau grin grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
grin grin grin
Fynestboi:

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fynestboi:

she wrote oau pume last yr and ilorin this yr due to ur nepa-like attitude on/off
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
davidmascot: Guy I can now see you are showing the seventh symptom of Ebola.......
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
she wrote oau pume last yr and ilorin this yr due to ur nepa-like attitude on/off
hmm after paying about #100000 in oau she now decided to write another jamb again. Hmm Who is fooling who
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Natifa(f): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
OAU has worn the crown 4 d past 4yrs, ain't they glad dat odas too are picking up d challenge and working harder? Don't they realise that they are now the model oda universities are trying to be like? They are veterans 4 crying out loud! they are pace setters, they set the mark that odas are struggling to reach. So why condescend so low as to be fighting ova position with a sch they knw they are far ahead of?
If i were OAU, i wil jst sit back and bask in the glory of being superior. I wil giv unilorin a pat on d back 4 achieving such a feat, i wil even send them a congratulatory message, applauding them 4 picking up after me. And that would have made OAU luk lyk a mother proud of her offsprings achievements. That would have reminded unilorin dat there z nothing to glory abt cos someone has been there b4 them. But now that they hav decided to go into a position fight with unilorin, dat wil only make unilorin proud and pompous, dat wil only make unilorin feel like they have somtin to prove
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Natifa: [s]OAU has worn the crown 4 d past 4yrs, ain't they glad dat odas too are picking up d challenge and working harder? Don't they realise that they are now the model oda universities are trying to be like? They are veterans 4 crying out loud! they are pace setters, they set the mark that odas are struggling to reach. So why condescend so low as to be fighting ova position with a sch they knw they are far ahead of?
If i were OAU, i wil jst sit back and bask in the glory of being superior. I wil giv unilorin a pat on d back 4 achieving such a feat, i wil even send them a congratulatory message, applauding them 4 picking up after me. And that would have made OAU luk lyk a mother proud of her offsprings achievements. That would have reminded unilorin dat there z nothing to glory abt cos someone has been there b4 them. But now that they hav decided to go into a position fight with unilorin, dat wil only make unilorin proud and pompous, dat wil only make unilorin feel like they have somtin to prove[/s]

BullCrap!!!

Webometric ranking is now an achievement for both schools? undecided

*I weep in German* cry
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Tolexander: 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Who said UNILORIN isn't a good school?

The school that produced our own Adesegun Musiwa aka musiwa, becomerich, manck. The only electricity engineer!

http://www.oocities.org/uni_ilorin/1990-99set.html
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

BullCrap!!!

Webometric ranking is now an achievement for both schools? undecided

*I weep in German* cry
If webometric ranking is not an acheivement, then on what category would you term it? A yearly ranking which places Uni base on the number of users' they get viewing/engaging in any educational activities on their site?

Do you know what webometric means? An online Advertisement to the western and eastern World. If you are familiar with the business world, you will discover that brand like mtn and Coca-cola still advertise their products to get more customers and sponsors despite the level/cost of their goodwill, but you are here calling webometric ranking bull-crap.
If coca-cola does not stop advertising her product, so why should schools that are on the height of webometric ranking not celebrate their achievement?

Do you know the amount of money that is involved grin

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by SonOfEl(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2014
keep pulling each others hair over which univ outshines the other. What is the strength of unilorin's old and new alumni compared to oau? No offense, i just feel ilorin's bragging right is premature. Fyi, am a superlion(unn) and a proud one for that matter, am nt of oau. Despite unn's inadequacies, she has managed to produce a long enviable list of old and new alumni to reckon with. A univ may be Behind, it dosent make its graduates or academic output Behind either.

Dora, ezekwesili, soludo, emefiele, are some of my unn contemporary output with int'l reckoning. Who represents unilorin? *just asking*
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 12:22am On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: If webometric ranking is not an acheivement, then on what category would you term it? A yearly ranking which places Uni base on the number of users' they get viewing/engaging in any educational activities on their site?

Do you know what webometric means? An online Advertisement to the western and eastern World. If you are familiar with the business world, you will discover that brand like mtn and Coca-cola still advertise their products to get more customers and sponsors despite the level/cost of their goodwill, but you are here calling webometric ranking bull-crap.
If coca-cola does not stop advertising her product, so why should schools that are on the height of webometric ranking not celebrate their achievement?

Amount of money involved? And do you think the likes of UI, ABU, UNIBEN are not popular. Even the popularity of UI is more than any Nigerian school.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by SonOfEl(m): 1:19am On Aug 20, 2014
pastor adeboye OLD ALUMNI, BSC mathematics, UNN! MSC & PHD, applied mathematics, UNILAG. I ASK AGAIN, WHO REPS UNILORIN?
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 1:32am On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

Amount of money involved? And do you think the likes of UI, ABU, UNIBEN are not popular. Even the popularity of UI is more than any Nigerian school.
hehehe. ...base on current popularity, covenant university is being ranked above all those uni you mentioned apart from oaugringrin. Even your mighty UI is far from oau with a difference of( more than 1000 university to surpass to meet the position where oau is being place.

Actually, ui was not the issue of discussions, so why bringing her into this
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Fynestboi: 6:00am On Aug 20, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

aint gat time for you.

Just stop lieing there s nothing to gain coz this is just a faceless forum.

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: hehehe. ...base on current popularity, covenant university is being ranked above all those uni you mentioned apart from oau gringrin. Even your mighty UI is far from oau with a difference of( more than 1000 university to surpass to meet the position where oau is being place.

@bolded, you are wrong. That's the ranking Op is arguing about.

In the ranking that placed OAU first, Convenant is 2nd, Unilag is 3rd and UI is 4th.

In the ranking that placed UNILORIN first, Unilag is 2nd, OAU is 3rd, UI is 4th while landmark and Covenant occupies 5th and 6th.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: [b] If webometric ranking is not an acheivement, then on what category would you term it? A yearly ranking which places Uni base on the number of users' they get viewing/engaging in any educational activities on their site?

Getting a traffic doesn't determine the best but who has more population.

In Webometric ranking, there was a year OAU was ranked 8th in Africa and normally, no Nigerian schools makes it in Top10 when it comes to academic ranking.

Cocalola can't be used to compare institution. They are actually two different things.

[/b]

We are not talking about money here but webometric ranking doesn't determine quality but quantity. grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Natifa: OAU has worn the crown 4 d past 4yrs, ain't they glad dat odas too are picking up d challenge and working harder? Don't they realise that they are now the model oda universities are trying to be like? They are veterans 4 crying out loud! they are pace setters, they set the mark that odas are struggling to reach. So why condescend so low as to be fighting ova position with a sch they knw they are far ahead of?
If i were OAU, i wil jst sit back and bask in the glory of being superior. I wil giv unilorin a pat on d back 4 achieving such a feat, i wil even send them a congratulatory message, applauding them 4 picking up after me. And that would have made OAU luk lyk a mother proud of her offsprings achievements. That would have reminded unilorin dat there z nothing to glory abt cos someone has been there b4 them. But now that they hav decided to go into a position fight with unilorin, dat wil only make unilorin proud and pompous, dat wil only make unilorin feel like they have somtin to prove
i got it right bro. its so sardonic engaging in wa
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2014
Natifa: OAU has worn the crown 4 d past 4yrs, ain't they glad dat odas too are picking up d challenge and working harder? Don't they realise that they are now the model oda universities are trying to be like? They are veterans 4 crying out loud! they are pace setters, they set the mark that odas are struggling to reach. So why condescend so low as to be fighting ova position with a sch they knw they are far ahead of?
i got it right bro. its so sardonic engaging in war of words with these boarding school kids. the distance of the two uni is too aint a stone throw its just too distant. a school where u cant point out a notable alumna/alumnus yet they prove to be better by far. far from where maybe far from her neighbour state uni.-Kwasu. OAU is a pace setter for other Nigerian uni. and that fact remains. She now sets a new task for her counterparts, being the first Nigerian uni. to attain the fit coming number 8th in africa,so other Nigeria uni are struggling to attain this fit. And to say the fact,i deems school like Unilag,UI and Uniben fit this. Not the boarding house tongue
i got it right bro. its so sardonic engaging in war of words with these boarding school kids. the distance of the two uni is too aint a stone throw its just too distant. a school where u cant point out a notable alumna/alumnus yet they prove to be better by far. far from where maybe far from her neighbour state uni.-Kwasu. OAU is a pace setter for other Nigerian uni. and that fact remains. She now sets a new task for her counterparts, being the first Nigerian uni. to attain the fit coming number 8th in africa,so other Nigeria uni are struggling to attain this fit. And to say the fact,i deems school like Unilag,UI and Uniben fit this. Not the boarding house
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: hehehe. ...base on current popularity, covenant university is being ranked above all those uni you mentioned apart from oaugringrin. Even your mighty UI is far from oau with a difference of( more than 1000 university to surpass to meet the position where oau is being place.

I think you're beefing UI. Do I mentioned UI only?
Ask your grandfather (no offence o) about UI, and he will tell you.

Why are you people so carried away with webometrics ranking. (Based on website)

E warrior: OAU and UNILORIN
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: hehehe. ...base on current popularity, covenant university is being ranked above all those uni you mentioned apart from oaugringrin. Even your mighty UI is far from oau with a difference of( more than 1000 university to surpass to meet the position where oau is being place.

E warrior: OAU and UNILORIN #SMH
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

Lol. True

The only Nigerian University that their alumni/alumnus have achieved anything spectacular in the world of education is UI and they don't bark like OAU and UNILORIN.

Wole Soyinka- First African Nobel Prize laureate winner.

Chinua Achebe- Father of African Literature.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

[b]beef kor, corn beef ni. You single handedly said UI is more popular than other uni and I refute your statement with fact. You are just being emotional and of such your statement reeks misunderstanding of the issue at hand.

[/b]WHO is an e_warrior here na? me or you? UI no dey the table of discussione and You brought Her in. WHO is a troll na?
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

@bolded, you are wrong. That's the ranking Op is arguing about.

In the ranking that placed OAU first, Convenant is 2nd, Unilag is 3rd and UI is 4th.

In the ranking that placed UNILORIN first, Unilag is 2nd, OAU is 3rd, UI is 4th while landmark and Covenant occupies 5th and 6th.
Everyone knows that webometric is the major ranking which Nigerians reckon with and this is the ranking that put oau at the top of the log.

I have no issue with the other ranking that put unilorin top. What my business with another man fame when I am already a force to reckon with in the same industry? ??
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: Everyone knows that webometric is the major ranking which Nigerians reckon with and this is the ranking that put oau at the top of the log.

I have no issue with the other ranking that put unilorin top. What my business with another man fame when I am already a force to reckon with in the same industry? ??

You are wrong. NUC(Nigeria University Commision) ranking is the best and UI leads there followed by UNILAG.

It ranks on academic exellence, faclity etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Is Number 1 In Nigeria. / Kaduna Sacks 233 Teachers Over Fake Certificates, Insists On Competency Test / Breaking News: Uniabuja Inaugurates Newly Elected SUG Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.