Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! (1410 Views)

Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? / How To Check If Your Blackberry Device Is Authentic/original...!!! / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 1:18am On Aug 18, 2014
If ur bb is hanging frequently then u have 2 clear your event log nd u will do that by going to the home screen on of your bb, then hold ALT+LGLG i.e hold "ALT" and type "LGLG", screen pops up, displaying the event log of your device, then click on your blackberry options button nd select "Clear Event Log"... Your device will be relieved from hanging. Reply me if it works...!!!

2 Likes

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Davijunson: 1:24am On Aug 18, 2014
Tnks...jes tried it. Hope say I no delete sometin important o.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by onatisi(m): 3:39am On Aug 18, 2014
Davijunson: Tnks...jes tried it. Hope say I no delete sometin important o.
you should have asked what an event log is ,what information it contains,and how important it is before trying it.
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by ggrin(f): 4:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Op??
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Aniah4u: 4:36am On Aug 18, 2014
Mine is always tripping off. How do I fix that pls?
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by priscaoge(f): 7:28am On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: you should have asked what an event log is ,what information it contains,and how important it is before trying it.
It's not harmful. I do it always n it helps.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by onatisi(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2014
priscaoge:
It's not harmful. I do it always n it helps.
thanks for the clarification and reassurance

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by priscaoge(f): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: thanks for the clarification and reassurance
Uwc smiley

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Godmother(f): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2014
I have been doing this for over a year now and it works like magic. I see the shock on people's faces when they see my brand of fone and they ask how I'm able to cope with it. Lol. I'm not a gadget freak, so any nice, functioning fone does it for me.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by countsparrow: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Aniah4u: Mine is always tripping off. How do I fix that pls?

Pad ur battery with paper... grin

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by freshness2020: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Nice one...just tried it. It works like magic.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
countsparrow:
Pad ur battery with paper... grin
pad your battery with paper as in which level...
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by RichieBrown(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Jus tried it,tnks mahn

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by countsparrow: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2014
spartanlord: pad your battery with paper as in which level...
Most times, when ur blackberry restarts frequently, it is either d battery isn't having d right contact with d terminal or d battery is bad, for d former, use paper to support d battery to avoid d battery being loose... Don't know how to explain, just shock d battery with paper... grin

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Davijunson: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: you should have asked what an event log is ,what information it contains,and how important it is before trying it.
well, from d name "event log" it doesn't sound like something very important....or is it?
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by onatisi(m): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2014
Davijunson: well, from d name "event log" it doesn't sound like something very important....or is it?
bros ,I don't know ooo, but ppl here say it isn't vital and that they do it all the time.
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Whizpeter(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2014
Godmother: I have been doing this for over a year now and it works like magic. I see the shock on people's faces when they see my brand of fone and they ask how I'm able to cope with it. Lol. I'm not a gadget freak, so any nice, functioning fone does it for me.

What's ya brand of Phone...
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Godmother(f): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2014
^^^

Why do you ask? Wanna buy me one cheesy
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
RichieBrown: Jus tried it,tnks mahn
you're welcome
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Davijunson: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: bros ,I don't know ooo, but ppl here say it isn't vital and that they do it all the time.
yeah...saw the sane tin too...I guess derz no cause for alarm den.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
Davijunson: yeah...saw the sane tin too...I guess derz no cause for alarm den.
My brothers, before I wrote this post I have tried it on my device and it worked...
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
It didn't work on my Bold 4, why? cry cry
Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
tchidi: It didn't work on my Bold 4, why? cry cry
Try and see if there are some FREE applications you have downloaded in the past that you don't need. Sometimes the free app we download from appworld may cause it. These free apps comes with adverts integrated in it, they popup unexpectedly without your noice, they take some memory space and very little chuck of your data in other to popup. Don't just uninstall these apps, delete them and reboot your device once you're done... Hit me back to let us know what's up bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2014
spartanlord: !

I actually deleted a lot of applications last week cos my phone was hanging like mad. I have very few left. I wonder which one to delete again. The remnants are useful to me. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Frequent Hanging of Your Blackberry Device??? Follow This Steps!!! by spartanlord(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
tchidi:

I actually deleted a lot of applications last week cos my phone was hanging like mad. I have very few left. I wonder which one to delete again. The remnants are useful to me. cry cry

1. Make sure applications are actually closed

Most Blackberry users assume when they click back to the Home screen, their apps are quit and closed. These apps actually continue to run in the background, taking up precious memory. Instead of using back button, while in the app you MUST try to close or exit it, press Menu or Option key > scroll down and select Close (or "Exit"wink.

2. Perform a "Soft Reset"

On your Blackberry keyboard, hold down these keys simultaneously: ALT+SHIFT+DEL (you must be on your home screen should in case) I guess you must have tried this one before!!! *

3. Perform a "Hard Reset"

Another process that helps keep performance high is to first power down your Blackberry by pressing and holding down the power key, then physically pull the battery from its connectors and leave out for 90 seconds (1min 30sec or 2min). Replace battery and power up.

NOTE: If you try all the above and problem still persist then this is the final option to apply.

4. A full Security Wipe of your Blackberry

Please make sure to perform a backup of all your data first! Then perform a security wipe:

1) Select Options from the home screen.
2) Go to Security Settings > Security Wipe.
3) Check all items to be wiped.
4) Then enter the word "blackberry" and select Wipe.

Once the device comes up, restore your backup and start installing all your programmes afresh. If it does not help then you'll need to buy another phone.

But I'm very sure option 4 will help!

(1) (Reply)

Opera Mini Now Working For BBM And Opera Sub / How To Fix Bluetooth On Android / Innjoo Launched Halo X Silently, Available On Jumia For #32,720

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.