Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency (26723 Views)

ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency / Ecowas To Introduce Single Currency By 2020 – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by IntroVAT: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2014
They better shelve this Mumu plan. Africa that is prone to wars due to senseless greed. They are looking for currency to devalue
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by babseg(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2014

This is the more reason why the Americans will send more ebola like virus and also equip the dreaded bh boys with more sophisticated weapons.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by uzolexis(f): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
manitobor: Adopt the naira? I laugh! NACCIMA is just trying to sound patriotic cos everyone knows that the Naira is the most unstable in the region.
Besides the Naira has the ugliest and lowest quality notes in the world. Look at 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and even 200 Naira notes, so poor in appearance and quality. The polymer notes, most especially, are nothing to write home about.

They better consider the Ghana Cedi.
my dear,the naira has the highest value in the ecowas region,the Ghana cedi has depreciated considerably,against the dollar it has deprciated more than double in less than 1 yr. The Ghanian economy is in a terrible state now. Having said that,i still dont think the naira should be used as a common currency for ecowas. I think we should get a new currency.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by macjireh: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
TODAY ON METAMORPHOSIS-
MIGRATE FROM KNOWLEDGE TO FAITH
August 18, 2014
By Dr. Isaiah & Lianna Wealth
“For unto us was the gospel preached, as
well as unto them: but the word preached
did not profit them, not being mixed with
faith in them that heard it. Hebrews 4 2
It is quite possible to consent to a
statement of fact and yet not believe it. A
student may agree with Science in saying
that man evolved from some ape-like
creature just to pass an exam, yet within
him he feels that this is not the true picture
of things. Now, while a student may get
away with that state of mind, a Christian
cannot.
Mental assertion or mental assent is not the
same thing as believing. Our text states
categorically that those who receive the
word of God without the necessary believing
heart, cannot benefit from that which they
received. A Christian will never experience
what the Word says until he succeeds in
convincing himself that God’s Word is true.
This happens in meditation where he
carefully considers God’s Word until he
believes and assimilates it.
The power in the Word of God is only
released when it mixes with faith in the
heart of those who hear it. The emphasis
therefore, is not on stuffing up your head
with scriptures, it is on gaining the
understanding of what you study through
meditation until you believe it. This is what
gives you more access to the power and
grace of God. Let this be your focus today
and always. Halleluyah.
WE PROPHESY ON YOU TODAY (SAY AMEN
TO THIS): I open your mind up to believe
and receive the word in Jesus name.
PLAN TO: Ponder on the revelations you
simply accepted without really believing it
and study connecting scriptures to convince
your mind on the reality of God’s word.
SAY: I decree and I declare that the word of
God is the truth any day and anytime.
Daily Bible Study: ISAIAH 23&24, MATTHEW
1, PSALMS 80
CONTINUOS PRAYING
i. Startup Prayer: Dear Father, take away
from me every doubt concerning your word
in my life in Jesus name.
ii. Continuous Prayer:
Recommended - you can begin with at least
10mins per watch.
6-9am Watch: Look through your Life and
thank the Lord for every Good thing that you
can find. Psalms 103:2
9-12noon Watch: Pray about challenges
around you, your family members, and
friends. Ask for God's intervention. Eph
4:12-15
12-3pm Watch: Pray for your church, its
ministers and members, use them as a point
of contact to pray for the church world wide.
Ask for God's intervention. Eph 4: 12-15
3-6pm Watch: Pray for your nation, your
president, its leaders and the people. Ask for
God's intervention. Psalms 33:12
6-9pm Watch: Pray for the poor, sick and
the needy. Pray also concerning the needs of
the people that came your way today. Ask
for God's intervention. 3 John 2
REDEDICATE YOURSELF TO JESUS TODAY:
Daily Consecration Prayer.
"Oh Lord, I thank you for the first half of
2014. As this second half commences, I
consecrate myself to you body, soul and
spirit. Be before me to lead me, behind me
to guide me, and by me to teach me. May
my life be completely yours and bring you
glory. Amen.".
www.devotionalbox.com
+2348135203592
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by 360command: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
algorithmz: Nigeria has the potential to be among the developed nations of the world but that potential is under utilized by some vested interest.
arrogant statement! Every country has the potential just like Nigeria.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by slightlyMad(f): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2014
omoredia: Front page access for the first time! The world doesn't sleep

seun needs to ban users like this before they start increasing in numbers.
they are making the site look trashy
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by 360command: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Stephen344: I hope this will work out for the best because even some poorest countrie's currencies in the world has more value than naira. For example Jamaica, Haiti, Lesotho etc. Men what a drag. Ghana cedis is 3 to 1$.
Go and read about devaluation and stop writing this poo.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by 360command: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2014
manitobor: Adopt the naira? I laugh! NACCIMA is just trying to sound patriotic cos everyone knows that the Naira is the most unstable in the region.

Are you serious ? Naira is unstable? *The heavens are smiling* Ghana cedi is the worst currency in the world. I dey vex for your last statement.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Ahmeduana(m): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2014
algorithmz: Nigeria has the potential to be among the developed nations of the world but that potential is under utilized by some vested interest.
UNDER UTILIZED THE POTENTIALS OR THEY DESTROY IT?
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Ezyp(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2014
blink182: Between this thread and mine, which was first published? I thought this news was not frontpage worthy.

https://www.nairaland.com/1858887/naccima-proposes-naira-ecowas-single
bros sorry em...na so nairalandMODs de do....
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by iamord(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
360command: arrogant statement! Every country has the potential just like Nigeria.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by knightsTempler: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2014
Besides the Naira has the ugliest and lowest quality notes in the world. Look at 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and even 200 Naira notes, so poor in appearance and quality. The polymer notes, most especially, are nothing to write home about.

Cedis, the most worthless currency in Africa since time immemorial. I laugh in ewe.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Obanleowo(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2014
they also want to appear in d dailies and we wud think they r effective.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by twosquare(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Kossyne: Firstly, let me correct an impression. The real value of a currency does not lie in the quantity or denomination but in its purchasing power. If #1 can buy a shirt and $3 can buy the same shirt, then #1=$3 (ceteris paribus).

Now, the idea of making our currency strong or @ par with the dollar is a good idea, but as every other thing is done in this country, we are going about it the wrong way.

The first step is knowing how and why our currency got to its current pitiable state. The two major reasons are unfavourable balance of payment and government debt. Currency devaluation cannot be discussed in isolation without its sister "inflation". Solving one entails solving the other.

Stabilizing or salvaging the current state of the naira will not be achieved by using the naira as a uniform currency.

#1. The first step to achieving sustained stability of the currency can be achieved by encouraging exports and reducing over reliance on imported goods ( this will go a long way in reducing the BOP deficit)

,#2. reducing the amount of naira in circulation.

#3. Reducing Capital flight.

#4. Restruction our economy to be production oriented.

Finally, I doubt if this proposal will see the light of the day cause some top politicians who stashed millions of dollars away in foreign account will be on the losing side.

best comment i have read so far.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Skmoda360(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2014
BedLam: I beg o! Them wan spoil market for yahoo boys
How it take concern me....crap
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by barikay: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Stephen344: I hope this will work out for the best because even some poorest countrie's currencies in the world has more value than naira. For example Jamaica, Haiti, Lesotho etc. Men what a drag. Ghana cedis is 3 to 1$.
u need more education
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by juman(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2014
We don't have that kind of government in nigeria that can handle that.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by iamord(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2014
This is a silly plan and I know it will not see the light of day..and it shows that there are people that don't really consider the fragile unity of ecowas .. Have we not sat down already to discuss about one currency for ecowas??.. the Eco currency??..where from all this selfish division. Now I get part of the reason why the region is having problems implementing it.. Inasmuch as naira seems to be the strongest currency in the region and ghana cedi has lost its value.. There are a lot of factors to consider. The nigerian naira is still shaky and unpredictable.its Not a currency to put a bet on.. Also the franchopone countries. You don't just come and bring in the Naira instead of something neutral and in the long run don't expect the western powers ie france to come in.. Even without their influence we still Need something neutral like the proposed eco money.. So let's not deviate from that ..Also.. The naira notes are of poor quality.. The strongest are the 500 naira and 1k note.. In fact the idea should just be scrapped.. They should not bother to bring up such in an ecowas meeting!
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by TrebleChamp(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2014
Kossyne: Firstly, let me correct an impression. The real value of a currency does not lie in the quantity or denomination but in its purchasing power. If #1 can buy a shirt and $3 can buy the same shirt, then #1=$3 (ceteris paribus).

Now, the idea of making our currency strong or @ par with the dollar is a good idea, but as every other thing is done in this country, we are going about it the wrong way.

The first step is knowing how and why our currency got to its current pitiable state. The two major reasons are unfavourable balance of payment and government debt. Currency devaluation cannot be discussed in isolation without its sister "inflation". Solving one entails solving the other.

Stabilizing or salvaging the current state of the naira will not be achieved by using the naira as a uniform currency.

#1. The first step to achieving sustained stability of the currency can be achieved by encouraging exports and reducing over reliance on imported goods ( this will go a long way in reducing the BOP deficit)

,#2. reducing the amount of naira in circulation.

#3. Reducing Capital flight.

#4. Restruction our economy to be production oriented.

Finally, I doubt if this proposal will see the light of the day cause some top politicians who stashed millions of dollars away in foreign account will be on the losing side.

Best comment here so far.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Wale112(m): 10:12am On Aug 18, 2014
shocked shocked
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by juman(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Those nigerians "leaders" build fake country.

This fake country is too incapable to lead the sub continent.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by iamord(m): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Tonylyte:
Who is ghana to oppose naija? U dont knw who u are bro, wake up oh ye sleeping giant..ya cntry is the first and the only cntry in the world to liberate another country and restored total peace till date.
Have u smoked your blunt this morning?? Go ahead and implement it na!
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Ati ile lati nko eso rode.

Fools. Forget about ECOWAS, fix Nigerian first and everything else will fall into place.

How will these affect the "Iya Alata" in Bode?

We just need to focus on basic human necessities such as running water, electricity, good roads, etc, the free enterprise will resolve itself.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by daveP(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Thats the last thing some 'powers' would want to hear. If west Africa agrees, the French speaking countries would have problems from their oga @ the top. Its a good idea. Tired of seeing 2000+ trailers just stationary @ seme border cos of some tariffs.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by iamord(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2014
daveP: Thats the last thing some 'powers' would want to hear. If west Africa agrees, the French speaking countries would have problems from their oga @ the top. Its a good idea. Tired of seeing 2000+ trailers just stationary @ seme border cos of some tariffs.

Do u embark on stuffs like this without seeking your brothers consent?
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Sunky200: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2014
I have longed for a day like this when naira re-evaluation will come to mind and the government will give the commerce sector as well as the finance (CBN) a go ahead and strong backing just to reclaim the glory that Nigeria and its currency use to have among its pears in the world
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by UnimkeAk(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Harrybanty: I don't think Naira should be used, they should use a new joint currency. You expect Ghana to give up their currency? Or the [size=80pt]illetrates [/size]of Liberia? They would say Nigeria also brought Ebola.

ILLITERATES

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2014
CFCfan: ^^
The key way to strengthen the Naira is for the manufacturing/export sector in West Africa to be competitive with other regions in the world.
apart from the francophone's cfas,which other african country's currency has lesser value than the naira? Are you saying countries like ghana,sudan,s.sudan,angola,old time zimbabwe,gambia,....thrive more and better in the manufacturing industry and export sector more than you guys do in nigeria? Truth is nigeria,like china, has no reasons whatsoever,economically,to have,till now,a devalued currency.
The gambian dalasi seems the strongest in w/africa and should be given top priority..am sorry but seriosly,naccima mustnt pollute the hub with their 'model' naira.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by ghetto101(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2014
increase the value of our currency means increase in prices,things are very expensive right now in Nigeria and when the value of naira come's up tell me what will happen .

greatgod2012: If it'll increase the value of our currency, then, i'm in support of it.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by faceve: 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Naira should be d way it was in d 80s,i like dis idea
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by 1stola: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
donnypool: so many illiterate in nigeria.

typical nigerian graduate. "Ghanian economy is stronger than Nigeria's because 1$=3 CEDI"

educational system has failed us
mumu!
How is Ghana economy stronger than Nigeria's
shameless people.
Did you people earn that rate? 1 $ = 3 cedi
After removing 3 (000) from your initial useless money.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by AjanleKoko: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
This proposal is DOA.
What happened to the Eco discussions? Create a new currency that can be backed by the reserves of the larger nations, and invite member countries to join in a single or dual-currency mode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyer Sues Access Bank For Failed ATM Transaction, Demands N100m / Are Banks Still Collecting Old Naira? / Cost Of Living In Lagos, Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61