Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Confused? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused? (2309 Views)

I'm Now A Confused Man / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused? by Roseey0(f): 8:28am On Aug 18, 2014
I am caught in between accepting or rejecting an offer with a tobacco company.
Personally i should be discouraging tobacco consumption of any kind.But i have been jobless for over a yr now.

Is God answering my prayers or just testing my faith?
Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
Re: Confused? by kelitacliff(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Follow ur mind
Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2014
My mind is saying so many things at the same time now.
Re: Confused? by galaxi(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Roseey0: My mind is saying so many things at the same time now.
take up the offer and still keep searching for another job where you will be comfortable,been jobless can be very fustrating and believe me if you turn down this offer in few months you may find it difficult to forgive yourself.
Re: Confused? by ChelseaKings: 9:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Whether or not you accept, the business will still be going. If you accept it you may be in for some restructuring that may bring about some positive policies in the system.

BTW, U did apply for the job so... *winks* Accept the offer and enjoy yourself my dear. Remember to give your first fruit offering and pay your tithe.
Re: Confused? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Roseey0: I am caught in between accepting or rejecting an offer with a tobacco company.
Personally i should be discouraging tobacco consumption of any kind.But i have been jobless for over a yr now.

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
If U dnt want to accept it, ask the MD or HRM if they allow transfer of appointment letter to one who's willing to work.. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
hmmm. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Confused? by ednut1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
SMH o, u never need job ok , is it stated that u must smoke while working for them forget all this federal ministry bs, the govt makes money from them, dats y dey cnt ban them grin.

1 Like

Re: Confused? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Were you not the person that applied for the job? ? if you're actually a staunch opposer of tobacco as you claim, then you wouldn't hv applied..

What I will advise is that, if the job will leave your mind/conscience unrest hence denying you of your satisfaction, then don't accept it and trust God for better opportunities. ..

For me, I have no reservations whatever working in a tobacco company. ..Goodluck with your decisions

1 Like

Re: Confused? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
My dear, read this very carefully IDLENESS DOESN'T WORK IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. Do you remember the story of Daniel in the Lions Den? Daniel was a firm believer in Yahweh but he worked for a King who was an unbeliever there are other men like him in scripture.

Did those men lose their faith or spirituality because they served Kings who were unbelievers? No they didn't and as far as I know they did their work diligently & honestly serving their masters well.

Hard work pays and the bible endorses hard work. It also endorses working to make a living so you do not become a burden or nuisance to others. If you turn down this offer what will you be doing? You'll be idle doing nothing how is that going to help you or your immediate family?

1 Like

Re: Confused? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Roseey0: I am caught in between accepting or rejecting an offer with a tobacco company.

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
e be like say you never say for house tire.

3 Likes

Re: Confused? by MoyoGENERAL: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2014

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
...I feel your situation sister...
I know for you to be in this dilemma, its because you have a strong spiritual inclination! We thank God for that
you know what;
I heard of someone who rejected an offer from nigeria brewery on spiritual grounds...the painful thing is that he stayed jobless for sometimes, but at the end God really blessed him much more than his expectations, he got a job almost triple in wages with exciting allowances..

My dear, it is a test, ask yourself this question, " if JESUS was in my shoe, what will He Do?"...Obviously you know the answer!
Jesus won't accept it, because such job will not glorify His name, Yes it won't! bible says whatsoever things are Honest, Pure, true, of GOOD REPORT...TOBACCO is not of Good report my dear!..
I believe this is a test of your faith, God understands that you have been jobless for a year now, He knows, He wants to see how patient you are to wait for His will, remember the Bible says " For he that believeth does no make haste"...
When the will of God comes, believe me, You will KNOW and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING will make you DOUBT it!!
Pls don't yield to temptation...
Your hour of manifestation is just ahead!!!
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
MsSteph: e be like say you never say for house tire.
one yr plus never reach?
Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
MoyoGENERAL
Thank you for the input. The truth is that I have never been as confused as this before regarding what I want for myself.
From the application of this particular job to this point, every stage has been a miracle, I can't even believe I got the offer.

One part of me is saying its a test while the other is saying God wants to connect me or possibly change something through my inclusion.
Re: Confused? by ekolina(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
My dear u r full of hypocrisy, after applying for a job and undergone its recruitment process u r now asking if u should accept the offer or not. didn't u kwn wat dey do b4 applying or were u giving the job on a platter of gold?
Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
ekolina: My dear u r full of hypocrisy, after applying for a job and undergone its recruitment process u r now asking if u should accept the offer or not. didn't u kwn wat dey do b4 applying or were u giving the job on a platter of gold?
There are times situation makes you take steps you turn back to regret. The title explains my situation.

1 Like

Re: Confused? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Roseey0: one yr plus never reach?

No e never reach cos if truly you tire to stay for house if Gold circle give you job sef you no go reject am.

If you are not ready to work pass the job to sum1 else cos I don't see anytin bad in working with a tobacco company.

1 Like

Re: Confused? by ednut1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
MsSteph:

No e never reach cos if truly you tire to stay for house if Gold circle give you job sef you no go reject am.

If you are not ready to work pass the job to sum1 else cos I don't see anytin bad in working with a tobacco company.
grin no mind am.
Re: Confused? by dayo20002002: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
I believe you are a born again Christian, and many people will want you to act against your conviction but remember everyone will give his own personal account before God. It rather good to follow God than men.
Re: Confused? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2014

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
Sister, every garden is not for you. Since your faith is against it please don't do it.SHALOM
Re: Confused? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
[/quote][/color]

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
Sister, every garden is not for you. Since your faith is against it then let it go
SHALOM
Re: Confused? by stinggy(m): 5:01am On Aug 19, 2014

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
If only it is transferable.
This is my dream job. Which company please!
Re: Confused? by seagullbabz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Roseey0: one yr plus never reach?

Trust me e never reach
Re: Confused? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
I want to categorically confirm that it is God that provided that job for you. Accept it.
However, if for any reason you don't want to work in a tobacco coy, IM me so I see how I can accept it in your place cool
Re: Confused? by kafeii123: 2:15am On Jun 27, 2016
S what did you finally decide?

Roseey0:
I am caught in between accepting or rejecting an offer with a tobacco company.

Accept or reject?
The pay is tempting.
Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
kafeii123:
S what did you finally decide?

That was a long time ago.
I didn't proceed with the recruitment.
Re: Confused? by kafeii123: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2016
Roseey0:

That was a long time ago.
I didn't proceed with the recruitment.

Right? I was just curious which of the paths you have "throd"
Re: Confused? by Roseey0(f): 5:29am On Jul 01, 2016
kafeii123:

Right? I was just curious which of the paths you have "throd"
For now, i walk through the paths of NGos. But am still hopeful i will get to my destination through that path.
Re: Confused? by buksaylor001: 7:32am On Jul 01, 2016
Good ,you didn't but have you found any in a bible publishing outfit?
Re: Confused? by kafeii123: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Roseey0:

For now, i walk through the paths of NGos. But am still hopeful i will get to my destination through that path.

I wish you God's best along it then....
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Confused? by efficiencie(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2016
...the problem with religious folks is that they like deciding for God. Nothing is good or bad unless otherwise sanctioned by God. Moses married an Ethopian but the children of Israel were not to marry non-israelites. God told Adam dust thou art and unto dust shalt thou return but Enoch and Elijah did not return to the dust. The Lord stipulated that his priests and ministers never uncover their nudity but he made Isaiah walk the streets of Jerusalem naked for 2 years...

The word of the LORD is Law!

Have you consulted the LORD God concerning the job? If no, then apologize, ask him to direct you on what to do and be watchful for signs of his response in dreams, visions, alignment of counsels from different people and the thoughts of God in your head (the inward witness)...

Whatever the LORD says, that you should do...and your end will be better than your beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Confused? by cescky(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
Roseey0:

Hmm u must have a very beautiful mind...

And a very lucky husband too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Company Boss Builds Wall Of MONEY To Protect Himself From Angry Staff After Bank / Sonographer/sonologist With 2yrs+ Experience Urgently Needed In Ibadan / Interview Invite With Union Bank Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.