Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? (17242 Views)

A 400-page Tutorial On How To Build Web Apps With Golang / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones / Testing Programmers: Puzzles Or Web Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

I said every single. Not single.

Do you know what responsive design is? And progressive enhancement?

Are you even a developer?
After watching this guy on nairaland for some time, I was beginning to draw similar conclusions like this too.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by tosinhtml: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18:
After watching this guy on nairaland for some time, I was beginning to draw similar conclusions like this too.

Lmao !!! So you even have so much time to watch & keep track of pple on Nairaland, Wow

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18:
I was supporting your point rather, I was never arguing with you. I have been watching this thread from the start and just decided to keep quiet.

OMG I'M SO SORRY!!!!

I thought you were the other guy embarassed

Your names are similar! I'm so sorry

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18:

You're right. He's totally clueless.

I don't blame you for not commenting earlier. There was a lot of nonsense going on...

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2014
And like someone mentioned too, I still dont know why this thread made it to the frontpage, kind of annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Christmygoal(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2014
toshodei: Which is more feasible? Which is more lucrative? Mobile-Based Apps or Web-based Apps for 9ja or African market? Many people have more mobile devices or smartphones than desktops/laptops but it seems as if people dont use their mobile devices or smartphones to browse. Or how do you feel?
please do you know where I can undertake training on mobile apps design/programming? I am a graduate of Electrical Engineering and would find your answer rewarding. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

OMG I'M SO SORRY!!!!

I thought you were the other guy embarassed

Your names are similar! I'm so sorry
Our names both ended with *html* but the SIMILARITIES END THERE.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18:
Our names both ended with *html* but the SIMILARITIES END THERE.

I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2014
I am a very fast reader, I read at unbelievable speed. Many times people are amazed when they ask me to read a block of text and I just take a glance and say I am done, and they are like really? And I repeat all the words, which might be several sentences, and they are always like wow. Maybe it is because I have a photographic memory, so I "simply cache" the pictures of the words inside my VRAM and internalize them completely seconds later.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by tosinhtml: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Christmygoal: please do you know where I can undertake training on mobile apps design/programming? I am a graduate of Electrical Engineering and would find your answer rewarding. Thanks

If you are totally new to "programming" or "Web/Mobile App dev" , I suggest you start off by learning a short term course in Aptech close to your location
http://www.vconnect.com/aptech-computer-education-kaduna_north-kaduna_b78500, which might cost you some good money.

Or you can learn free online, http://www.w3schools.com and https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/learn
w3schools and developer.mozilla.org is a good way to start ,for the basicĀ“s, after that you can easly find another source to evolve, and use a proper text editor like Notepad++

And then you can move further to http://lynda.com
Lynda.com provides lots of great resources, They have most programming courses, in addition to other software courses.
They are not free but its quite affordable compared to their content. But their tutorials can be downloaded free from Torrent sites, if you choose to do so.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by tosinhtml: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18: I am a very fast reader, I read at unbelievable speed. Many times people are amazed when they ask me to read a block of text and I just take a glance and say I am done, and they are like really? And I repeat all the words, which might be several sentences, and they are always like wow. Maybe it is because I have a photographic memory, so I "simply cache" the pictures of the words inside my VRAM and internalize them completely seconds later.

Empty barrels / Vessels makes the loudest noise ~~~ Anton Chekhov

2 Likes

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
tosinhtml:
Empty barrels / Vessels makes the loudest noise ~~~ Anton Chekhov
Funny that you are the one making all the noisy (and alone for that matter)

2 Likes

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO COMMENT, RESPOND OR VIEW ON MY THREAD. I APPRECIATE IT!!! HAVE A GOOD TUESDAY & A GREAT SUCCESSFUL WEEK AHEAD!!!
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^You are most welcome brother (we share a last name html after-all).

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18: ^^^You are most welcome brother (we share a last name html after-all).

Thanks!!!
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
I've created an app that can allow people to get other information from just accessing facebook, but I dont know how many Nigerians/Africans are taking adavantage of Facebook Zero with Zero Data Charges.
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^Maybe you have not really advertised your app enough.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18: ^^^Maybe you have not really advertised your app enough.

Yeah. But how many people use facebook zero though? Are they many?
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
I don't even know about the service until now.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 5:38am On Aug 20, 2014
dhtml18: I don't even know about the service until now.

Ok cool.
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 20, 2014
^^^you no dey sleep?

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 6:23am On Aug 20, 2014
dhtml18: ^^^you no dey sleep?

We need to make money. We are way behind. What about you? U no dey sleep?
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 20, 2014
alexandakin: Yeah, people should embrace the use of smartfones. But d problem majority of smartfone users in Nigeria face is dia crappy n expensiv network.

1 Like

Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by toshodei: 6:40am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=datovid][/quote]

Datovid, did you plan on typing something?
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by cutemayor: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello developers in the House ... for a reliable and affordable hosting for your websites please visit www.hostzoneng.com . starting from N1200 per annum, with monthly promotional codes you get the best value ever.
Re: Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? by garyjohnson1: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
Amazing idea I really like it and I would like to use it if it's happened soon as I am using this fm whatsapp for dual WhatsApp purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Code With My Phone / Will You Choose Your Girlfriend Over Your Computer? / How To Hack Bank Account In Nigeria In 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.