Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,517 members, 7,801,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

What Do You Know About Rape? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Do You Know About Rape? (869 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / 8 Beliefs About Rape That Are Totally Wrong / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Rape? by bankyteemoney(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
What is Rape? What causes Rape? What do you do after Rape?

Rape is the crime of forcing someone to have sex contrary to his or her own will,especially by using violence. Sexual assault like rape,is thought to be to be quite prevalent in our society.The majority of victims are believed to be young women, but i have heard of rape cases reported among men, childern and even toddlers

.Although the under reporting of cases makes it difficult to estimate the magnitude of the problem, more than 25% of the young women are raped on daily bases.

What causes rape? Many people have come out with many different answers to this one question.Some say it is has as a result of child-hooh trauma,others say it's sheer wickedness and perversion,and some other say people become rapists because they also have been raped in the past.

I think their there's no particular reason for rape. I consider it an act of immorality and temporary insanity. I once heard a story about a thirteen year old teenager who was raped on her way home.The offender said he had simply acted on his impulse,claiming he was aroused by the girls dress sense. Now tell me,who is to blame?

Being a rape victim is certainly not easy to deal with. Experiencing this awful situation leaves one feeling used, ashamed and miserable. Also it takes away your self esteem and some people are actually frustrated enough to commit suicide. It is necessary for any rape victim to open up and seek help.

The negative stigma associated with being a rape survivor prevents many victims from seeking medical attention. Some one who has suffered rape is exposed to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) pregnancy and genital injuries. A thorough medical evaluation is necessary in all cases of sexual assault even if the victim has no apparent injuries or he or she feels well. Let us discus what we know about rape and how can rape victim's be helped. Let's talk
Re: What Do You Know About Rape? by bankyteemoney(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
Rape is a crime. People tends not to talk about it and is rampant in our society

(1) (Reply)

German Nurse Apologizes For Killing 30 Patients Because “he Was Bored” / My Girlfriend Is Been Sexually Abused By Her Cousins / Father Poisons His Baby In Order To Divorce His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.