Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

2015: I'll Declare My Intention At The Right Time ' Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I'll Declare My Intention At The Right Time ' Tambuwal (517 Views)

Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: I'll Declare My Intention At The Right Time ' Tambuwal by idumuose(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ankeli Emmanuel

— Aug 18, 2014 | 6 Comments

In apparent response to several questions about his next political move, speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Aminu Tambuwal has said he will make public his ambition at the right time.

The speaker who was speaking in Sokoto yesterday, said he is still consulting on whether to contest for presidency of Nigeria or the governorship of his state come 2015.

“I am still consulting my primary constituency on these crucial matters which affect me, Sokoto State and Nigeria generally. I will come back and engage my people. All politics is local and I will make my final stand on these topical issues known to Nigerians at the most appropriate time.”

Tambuwal also debunked allegations that he is a pseudo member of the PDP going by recent political developments, and hinted that he is still consulting with his primary constituency to know if to defect to the All Progressives Congress ( APC) or stay put in the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP).

Speaking shortly after collecting his permanent voter card ( PVC) in Tambuwal local government, the speaker insisted that a credible voters register is sacrosanct to having a credible election come 2015, just as he hailed INEC for taking the right step towards achieving credible election.

Going further, he disclosed that the final report of the just concluded National Conference will be subjected to due legislative process while stressing that Nigeria deserves better leadership which the citizenry must strive to get alongside sustaining the hard-earned democracy.

“Nigeria deserves better leadership and the nation’s leaders, as well as other Nigerians, must work to defend the hard-earned democracy in the country,” Tambuwal noted.

“I feel happy as a patriotic citizen of Nigeria by collecting my card today and all Nigerians must diligently exercise their civic duties. INEC deserves commendation, as it is not easy to manage the electoral process in a country where there is dearth of adequate power supply and ICT infrastructure.

“It is an improvement on the past exercises and INEC should actually exert its independence in action and not only on paper. The National Assembly has also put the commission on a first line charge to make it truly financially independent”.

The speaker also harped on the need for improved welfare, funding, weaponry, training and re-training as well as modern gadgets for Nigeria security agencies.

http://leadership.ng/news/381328/2015-ill-declare-intention-right-time-tambuwal
Re: 2015: I'll Declare My Intention At The Right Time ' Tambuwal by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
GoV Tambuwal Gov El Rufai

(1) (Reply)

FG Calls Back 16,000 Sacked Resident Doctors / Adamawa Governorship Race: Ribadu, Seven Others "Forced" To Step Down / Nigeria Army Defeats Bokoharam In Konduga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.