Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP (730 Views)

Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Rate Of Defection From PDP To APC Shameful – Dabiri-erewa / Apology And Correction On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by kachy: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Former EFCC boss Nuhu Ribadu has defended his defection from APC to PDP,
which he announced over the weekend. Speaking through his spokesperson
Abdulaziz Abdulaziz to Punch, Ribadu said;
"In Nigeria, especially in politics, you can’t say that this is an exclusive
party for the people who are thieves or this is for good people. It’s just like
saying that all Yorubas are this or all Igbos are this. In every group of
people, there must be good people and there are bad people. Of course,
the good may be more than the bad or the bad may be more than the
good in any group. But there is no any party that is exclusively for the
good people or for the bad people.”. Continue...
He said that his defection was not borne out of his desperation to realize his
political ambition but was based on his patriotic zeal to serve the country and
its people.
“It is not true that he (Ribadu) was desperate to realize his political
ambition. This is because this decision was taken in the overriding interest
of serving the people. What matters for him is service. That is why even
when he was a member of the opposition party, when government asked
him to serve the country, he accepted the offer and he did a wonderful job
that everybody hailed except those who don’t want change in the system.
If you are ready to serve the people, sometimes you will have to do
something that is not even palatable to yourself.” he said
Meanwhile see what Nuhu Ribadu said about his rumored defection from APC in
April...

SOURCE: www.lindaikeji..co.uk/2014/08/nuhu-ribadu-defends-his-defection-from.html?m=1

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by osuafor: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
First to comment.
I dey come..... grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by san316(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
In as much as i believe Ribadu will do well as the governor of Adamawa state, i'm disappointed in the fact that he's become a perfect prototype of a promiscuous politrictian. If he feels he's that credible, he shoulda contested under APC. All politicians are thesame. Unfortunately
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by size38: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ribadu has nothing to defend. Its all about politics of the Stomach that is common among our politicians in nigeria today
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by fitzmayowa: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
The constitution allows freedom of association, so ribadu moving from apc to pdp shouldn't be generating all this buzz...
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Defends His Defection From APC To PDP by oduastates: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
san316: In as much as i believe Ribadu will do well as the governor of Adamawa state, i'm disappointed in the fact that he's become a perfect prototype of a promiscuous politrictian. If he feels he's that credible, he shoulda contested under APC. All politicians are thesame. Unfortunately
Nope,
Not all politicians are the same.
Many have been in the vanguard of the struggle for democracy and have also remained in the opposition forever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kill Them All If Found Positive, Yes I Said It... / Photos Of Big Brother Africa Hotshots On Fire / 'the NATO Show': Putin's Favorite Comedy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.