Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu (3430 Views)

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, on Monday vowed to make startling revelations that will shake the country after the 2015 general election. Akiolu’s outburst at the public presentation of a book: “Corruption and Human Rights Law in Africa,” authored by Dr. Kolawole Olaniyan was in response to a statement credited to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, that only two out of the country’s renowned monarchs are free of corruption.

Akiolu said he would reveal top secrets that cannot be disputed by those who think their hands are clean, but refused to give further details when approached after the event. He lambasted the monarch who alleged that he lifted oil and collected contract during the late Gen. Sani Abacha regime, noting that he was a serving policeman in that era.

On the issue of corruption, Akiolu said over 90 percent of Nigerians are corrupt, adding that the way out was for all hands to be on deck. “I will shake this nation after the election in February. The man who made the statement that I lifted oil should cover his face in shame because I was still a serving police officer. Those who collected Abacha money know themselves and I will quote witnesses.

“Let us stop apportioning blames, forget the past and work towards a better future for this country. “Do not put 100 percent blame on President Goodluck Jonathan because the person who caused the problem knows himself,” said Akiolu.

Continuing, the monarch reassured that elections cannot be rigged in Lagos, adding that Lagosians were fully prepared to ensure that their votes and good governance count. “Nigeria’s problem is not caused by one person. We should be closer to God and make things better. We must assist the government to end the challenges of insurgency and Ebola,” he said. Meanwhile, chairman of the occasion, Femi Falana (SAN) and All Progressives Congress’ (APC) spokesman, Lai Mohammed, accused President Jonathan of fuelling corruption by romancing his appointees accused of corrupt practices.

Falana while acknowledging that the present administration has recorded a milestone in recovering over $2.9 billion of Abacha’s loots, noted that the government was yet to account for the whereabouts of the funds. Commending the author for a great job, Falana said corruption has crept into all facets of national life, noting that the government has not treated the issue of Ebola or insurgency in accordance with the law.

“The author looked at the issues of corruption and human rights in Africa and wonderfully linked them. Human rights are not respected because of massive corruption on the continent. “The government is not addressing the Ebola crisis under the law. There is a Quarantine Act enacted in 1926, which says carriers of dreadful diseases should be fished out and quarantined. “But at the moment, we do not know how many people are affected in the country.

“Also, Boko Haram is being fought in a corrupt way. All dead soldiers’ names are unknown, immediately a soldier dies, his family is ejected from the barracks within two weeks. “Jonathan’s administration has killed the good works against corruption. It is only the Abacha family that has been harassed of all those accused of corruption and it is because he is no longer alive.

“No country has succeeded in receiving loot like Nigeria. We have done well in tracing the over 140 Abacha bank accounts across the world and we have recovered $2.9 billion although we cannot trace the recovered money,” said Falana.

SOURCE:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/i-will-shake-nigeria-after-2015-election-akiolu/

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by sohl7(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Until then....mean while is he saying that he is not corrupt ?

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Sibrah: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
The strange moment when the loot gets looted . . .

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by EMANY01(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sibrah: The strange moment when the loot gets looted . . .

Why you want him to further expose ACN stalwarts looting since 1999? Not that we don't know it already.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by iamtheprincipal: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
All the traditional rulers in Nigeria are like the politicians and the are all thieves but with the exception of the Oba of Benin.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Dreal1247: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
The problem with Nigerian politicians . They are like a group of thieves. Everybody is carrying his knots. But because of some differences, some of the thieves start accusing their leader. Yet they are still stealing. If a Nigerian politician tells you to stop, start runnin because they are all liars.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Dreal1247: The problem with Nigerian politicians . They are like a group of thieves. Everybody is carrying his knots. But because of some differences, some of the thieves start accusing their leader. Yet they are still stealing. If a Nigerian politician tells you to stop, start runnin because they are all liars.

U're right.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by jamace(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hmm. Corruption in Nigeria is a hydra-headed monster which has eaten everybody in one way or the other. None is clean; no, not one!
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by impromptu: 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
When a former top police chief brags, he must have seen and kept copies of 'files'.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by otokx(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lets hope Nigerians do not kill you before then; Nigerians do not like being shaken.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2014
If he won't reveal it now,he should be silent
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2014
babyosisi: If he won't reveal it now,he should be silent

Abi o, why must he wait till 2015.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Orunto: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2014
AND THE HEARSE RUNS INTO LAGOON!
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Sibrah: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
EMANY01:

Why you want him to further expose ACN stalwarts looting since 1999? Not that we don't know it already.
Point of correction, PDP has been ruling at Fed Level Since 1999. Slip of hand I guess! grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
And while we were waiting for the tout to make his blockbuster revelations like he promised,he starts issuing threats
Agbero

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Fash20: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:
And while we were waiting for the tout to make his blockbuster revelations like he promised,he starts issuing threats
Agbero
how dear you call the oba of lagos Abgero. You must be drunk.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by omololu2020(m): 12:24am On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:
Agbero
ibo b1tch,,are u called a black money in d us today,cos dis wan wey u just dey rant b1tch grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Rose2014: 12:34am On Apr 08, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Did I just read $2.9 billion recovered from Abacha?
Chai these leaders are heartless

Which state was he from again? I hope he did something for his people at least.Na wa o
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by dunkem21(m): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2015
I go dey lagoon by that time ..I hope say network go dey dia.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by laffytaffy1: 1:01am On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:
Agbero

As a formal Agbero I resent you calling the Oba an Agbero, if that's the best the yoruba people of Lagos can pick for an Oba, then I'm deeply sorry for Lagos.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Search

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Ralphlauren(m): 1:19am On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:
Agbero

You actually went searching on nairaland for this old and forgotten thread to post this nonsense? Are you that jobless? You are a "married" woman with kids - the oldest fast approaching 20. When are you going to grow up and act your age undecided

If myself, shymexx, coogar and the rest start with you now, you will go running and crying to the mods.

If you had any iota of shame or dignity, who should have remained in exile from nairaland as you did few years ago or quietly deactivate your moniker.

It's impossible to forget what went down at manchester and NVS no matter how hard you try wink

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You actually went searching on nairaland for this old and forgotten thread to post this nonsense? Are you that jobless? You are a "married" woman with kids - the oldest fast approaching 20. When are you going to grow up and act your age undecided

If myself, shymexx, coogar and the rest start with you now, you will go running and crying to the mods.

If you had any iota of shame or dignity, who should have remained in exile from nairaland as you did few years ago or quietly deactivate your moniker.

It's impossible to forget what went down at manchester and NVS no matter how hard you try wink

She's a bloody fool.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by StunningCEO: 1:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:

wat happen in nvs...n manchaester... grin grin grin to dis fat hateful biach... grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 08, 2015
Rose2014:
shocked shocked shocked
Did I just read $2.9 billion recovered from Abacha?
Chai these leaders are heartless

Which state was he from again? I hope he did something for his people at least.Na wa o

Meanwhile Buhari said abacha didn't steal any money
Go figure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:
Agbero
you a fvcking idiot,à retard...You are veryuseless,i use to respect you before but now i see that you are worthless just like a rag

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by emiye(m): 4:13am On Apr 08, 2015
The Oba retired as an Assistant Inspector General of Police, so, who knows if he actually privy to shady deals of others ?
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by tunshe: 4:20am On Apr 08, 2015
StunningCEO:

wat happen in nvs...n manchaester... grin grin grin to dis fat hateful biach... grin

Is that babyosisi ' s pix?
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by StunningCEO: 11:13am On Apr 08, 2015
tunshe:

Is that babyosisi ' s pix?

yes.... grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by sammyj: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
Propaganda story for the gods !!!!! grin grin
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by tunshe: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
StunningCEO:

yes.... grin

That must be when she just arrived here.

Her recent body size will be X 20.

I hope to meet her someday. grin
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu by tunshe: 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:

This is too much to handle for my babymama1, sorry ,babyosisi.

You have successfully sent her off this thread. Mission failed! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: See The Embarrassment Done To Obama At An Event. / This Is A Bomb To All PDP From Lai Muhammed / Dollar Has Not Increased Since Buhari Entered Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.