Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria (1153 Views)

Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, minister of health
on Monday announced that four more patients
undergoing treatment for the deadly Ebola Virus
Disease (EVD) have been discharged.
This brings to five the number of patients who
have survived the virus in Nigeria as a female
medical personnel was also discharged on
Saturday after she was certified free of the
disease.
The minister identified those discharged in a
statement on Monday to include two male
medical doctors and a female nurse.
The three medical personnel participated in the
treatment of the late Patrick Sawyer, the
Liberian-American Ebola victim who brought the
virus to Nigeria.
Professor Chukwu said the patients were
discharged after they were certified of being free
of the virus.
“It includes two male medical doctors and one
female nurse. The three participated in the
treatment of the index case while the fourth
person was a female patient at the time the
index case was on admission,” he said.
A quarantine team for Ebola
“This brings to five the total number of patients
diagnosed with Ebola Virus Disease who have
now been discharged from hospital.”
The Minister however added that there are at
least two other Ebola patients, with one in critical
condition.
Apart from Sawyer, three Nigerians have died of
the virus infection. The three Nigerians
contracted the virus from Sawyer.
A total of 12 cases so far confirmed in Nigeria,
four deaths, and five now discharged, the
number of confirmed persons still quarantined
would now be three

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/08/18/four-more-ebola-patients-discharged-in-nigeria/
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by pussygotlips: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
I hope this is true
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
pussygotlips: I hope this is true
For the risk of my life and urs
For of the risk of their lives also
Let's hope its true..
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by leunamme93(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
I pray oooh.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
leunamme93: I pray oooh.
Oh ye man of little faith!
Receive faith in jesus name
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
On another news: one of them tested positive again and was readmitted!
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Hostermipo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
I will be glad
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by leunamme93(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
phemmyjohnson:
Oh ye man of little faith!
Receive faith in jesus name
I believe but help my unbelieve...
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hostermipo: I will be glad

Still not glad by now
You will be glad when??
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy: On another news: one of them tested positive again and was readmitted!

FG shudn't have discharged them immediately
They shud still be quarantined 4 days b4 getting discharged..
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

FG shudn't have discharged them immediately
They shud still be quarantined 4 days b4 getting discharged..
Yea, they need not rush to discharge them. This might be a costly mistake in the long run. I hope the rest of them are truly ebola free.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Seequadry(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
I also heard it...
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by NosaHenry(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hope in our race to carry first on this matter, FG and Lagos state govts are not taken precaution for granted. The speed of discharge is becoming worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Seequadry: I also heard it...
Yea! Everybody did!
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:
Yea, they need not rush to discharge them. This might be a costly mistake in the long run. I hope the rest of them are truly ebola free.
Yea!!! This is the time for the FG to be more cautious, just as u said; a slight mistake might cost thousands of lives..
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:

The discharged patients had been testing negative for a while. At least 3 different tests were done, over the course of 1-1/2weeks, before they were certified free.

This is first-hand info I'm giving you...
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
NosaHenry: Hope in our race to carry first on this matter, FG and Lagos state govts are not taken precaution for granted. The speed of discharge is becoming worrisome.
Even the US will be shocked how Nigerians are getting healed and discharged so easily without their Lovely Zmmap or wateva..
Buh If the case gets reversed and the patients discharged gets positive again, thereby infecting other pipu, Nigeria is so gonna hear from the International Community brutally...
The effect is worrisome..
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
bossladyMo:

The discharged patients had been testing negative for a while. At least 3 different tests were done, over the course of 1-1/2weeks, before they were certified free.

Well, this I hope is true...
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

Well, this I hope is true...

Trust me it is
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy: On another news: one of them tested positive again and was readmitted!

you re a witch abi? hope you came in contact with the person so you both can chill there
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
NosaHenry: Hope in our race to carry first on this matter, FG and Lagos state govts are not taken precaution for granted. The speed of discharge is becoming worrisome.

i smell fear grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks for the info.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
donnypool:

you re a witch abi? hope you came in contact with the person so you both can chill there

Back to sender in Jesus name. You and your entire family will come in contact with ebola. All the curses in the bible will be your portion in Jesus name. You dare curse whom the Lord Almighty blessed? You are doomed!

Check out the other thread on this health section where this was reported( https://www.nairaland.com/1863292/ebola-four-patients-declared-clean
). I was sad when I saw it and I even prayed it's not true. I pray this healing news is true and permanent, i just had to point out what I read on another thread because we don't know which to believe again!

Let your brain connect with you fingers next time.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:

Back to sender in Jesus name. You and your entire family will come in contact with ebola. All the curses in the bible will be your portion in Jesus name. You dare curse whom the Lord Almighty blessed? You are doomed!

Check out the other thread on this health section where this was reported( https://www.nairaland.com/1863292/ebola-four-patients-declared-clean
). I was sad when I saw it and I even prayed it's not true. I pray this healing news is true and permanent, i just had to point out what I read on another thread because we don't know which to believe again!

Let your brain connect with you fingers next time.

we will survive, but you and your family won't
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
donnypool:

we will survive, but you and your family won't
You know deep witrhin you you can not survive it. You are the first person I will trade words with on NL in a long time now! I assure you you are messing with a wrong person on all fronts. We are so covered by the blood of Jesus and no weapon fashioned against me and my family shall prosper! Ps 91 comes to mind. No plague shall come near our dwelling in Jesus name.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:
You know deep witrhin you you can not survive it. You are the first person I will trade words with on NL in a long time now! I assure you you are messing with a wrong person on all fronts. We are so covered by the blood of Jesus and no weapon fashioned against me and my family shall prosper! Ps 91 comes to mind. No plague shall come near our dwelling in Jesus name.

Nigeria is your dwelling, Ebola is here
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by ElFenomeno1: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news.... Ebola will and shall be defeated very soon!
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
donnypool:

Nigeria is your dwelling, Ebola is here
Ebola is in naija, it shall not come near me and mine. I will not baanter words with you- I just checked your profile and realised you are not worth my time. Good luck with your treatment.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:
Ebola is in naija, it shall not come near me and mine. I will not baanter words with you- I just checked your profile and realised you are not worth my time. Good luck with your treatment.

Ebola is in Naija, where are you then? us or canada?
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
donnypool:

Ebola is in Naija, where are you then? us or canada?
Does it matter where I am? What matters is the blood of Jesus is a sure protection for me and my family. Even if I'm not in naija, I love Nigeria and I know that ebola will not overcome Nigerians in Jesus name.
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
candy:
Does it matter where I am? What matters is the blood of Jesus is a sure protection for me and my family. Even if I'm not in naija, I love Nigeria and I know that ebola will not overcome Nigerians in Jesus name.

yes ma'am it does, because i see you spend time studying the word of God while on nairaland. Are you in canada or US? i want you to preach to me
Re: Breaking News: Four More Ebola Patients Test Negative, Discharged In Nigeria by 190theclown: 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
Front page things

First i'd like to give a shout out to the federal govt of Nigeria who has handled this case really well
Secondly i'd like to give a shout to all my nairaland wives them them where them even dey these day
Thirdly i'd like to give a shoutout to myself for been quick enuf to book in advance knowing that this would fall out in the right place

lastly this is my reaction to the 4 new discharged patients below

(1) (2)

United States Government Owns Patent For “novel Human Ebola” Bundibugyo Virus / Interesting Facts About The Female Reproductive System / 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.