Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? (1249 Views)

Sage And Elders Of The Bible. What Did You Get From The Book Of Revelation / Where Do I Find The Age Of Accountability In Bible? What About Babies Who Die ? / Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Dear Brethren,
It's indeed a privilege to present this discussion to Christians all around the world for the renewal and rehabilitation of our obsessed minds about bible.
For years that I have being reading bible, I've never for one day be convinced on why it is called HOLY BIBLE. Maybe someone will help me out here..
Please before you all cruxify me, kindly give my reasons second thought.
The word bible in hebrew means BOOK. The BOOK of books, a collection of writtings from 40 different people. And they all comprised of historic narrations of 40 generations.
Didactically, I tried to reason out what is so special or important about bible but no one to convince me. Rather I see Nigeria atmosphere awashed with the application of this bible to enslave the human potentials, to the extent people have no more freedom of thinking without quoting bible.
The question is, DID JESUS CARRY BIBLE? Did Jesus use car? Did Jesus wear suit? Did Jesus use phone? Did Jesus know computer?
This means the historical accounts in the bible were written as at the time of little or limited innovation. Moses who penned the world history was born 2,500 years after the creation. Moses initiated the use of Talisman and still became the friend of God. He performed lots of miracles.
Facts remain that there is no story narrated in the bible that we have never experienced similar cases even in our Nigeria. There is no any singular miracle Jesus performed that had never been performed in Nigeria. What now makes it holy that lots of people carry it in their hands for prayer? Some place it under pillow to avoid nightmare!
Should we all decide to collate all miracles that had been performed in Nigeria into a singular book, what name shall we call it? Do you think if such book is taken to western world they will accept it?
This thread is not meant to ridicule any person but a platform to share knowledge to rehabilitate our minds.
We challenge all pastors and bible belivers to convince with comprehensive facts that make bible a holy book!
God bless all!
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by urheme: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sirniyeh: Dear Brethren,
It's indeed a privilege to present this discussion to all Christians all over the world for the renewal and rehabilitation of our obsessed minds about bible.
For years that I have being reading bible, I've never for one day be convinced on why it is called HOLY BIBLE. Maybe someone will help me out here..
The word bible in hebrew means BOOK. The BOOK of books, a collection of writtings from 40 different people. And they all comprised of historic narrations of 40 generations.
Didactically, I tried to reason out what is so special or important about bible but no one to convince me. Rather I see Nigeria atmosphere awashed with the application of this bible to enslave the human potentials, to the extent people have no more freedom of thinking without quoting bible.
The question is, DID JESUS CARRY BIBLE? Did Jesus use car? Did Jesus wear suit? Did Jesus use phone? Did Jesus know computer?
This means the historical accounts in the bible were written as at the time of little or limited innovation. There is no story in the bible that we have never experienced similar cases even in Nigeria. There is no any singular miracle Jesus performed that had never been performed in Nigeria. What now makes it holy that lots of people carry it in their hands for prayer?
Should we all decide to collate all miracles that had been performed in Nigeria into a singular book, what name shall we call it? Do you think if such book is taken to western world they will accept it?
This thread is not meant to ridicule any person but a platform to share knowledge to rehabilitate our minds.
We challenge all pastors and bible belivers to convince with comprehensive facts that make bible a holy book!
God bless all!

Good thinking!!
People have decided to limit their standand to what the book says and nothing more, they want to live a bible life and they failed woefuly,

God,s standard is higher than the Bible so remove the Bible and i still belief in God, so i reason with u my friend and i ask you the same question, "what is holy about the bible"?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by achinaboy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
well said guys,,but before i continue on what makes bible holly,,let me pick one line from ur write ups,,on this line u said that every miracle that was performed by christ,,has also been performed in nigeria,,brother,,by whom when christ was in the world,,he commands whatsoever, and they depart at ones,,but in naija,people pay people to come and act movies in the name of testimonies, and they all fall on the ground in the name of annointing, after everything they went home with their pay check,,bro, please tell me which of the miracles have u ever experienced? and u can proudly say that u knew the person? i need answers,,before we talk about what makes bible holly
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by tijjanioyan: 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
I 4answer ur question if 2say u fit giv me just one verse wia ee take confirm itself say na me dey bear BIBLE oo,den i go show u d HOLY wey u dey find.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2014
urheme:

Good thinking!!
People have decided to limit their standand to what the book says and nothing more, they want to live a bible life and they failed woefuly,

God,s standard is higher than the Bible so remove the Bible and i still belief in God, so i reason with u my friend and i ask you the same question, "what is holy about the bible"?

my friend,
I commend your good reasoning as well. But that question is what I dont have answer to. What is holy about the bible? I dont know.
Some claim they use bible to cast out evil spirit....! Na wa oooo
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2014
tijjanioyan: I 4answer ur question if 2say u fit giv me just one verse wia ee take confirm itself say na me dey bear BIBLE oo,den i go show u d HOLY wey u dey find.

nowhere in bible itself where it is written that bible is holy. Even where did the word HOLY originate from?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:52am On Aug 19, 2014
achinaboy:
well said guys,,but before i continue on what makes bible holly,,let me pick one line from ur write ups,,on this line u said that every miracle that was performed by christ,,has also been performed in nigeria,,brother,,by whom when christ was in the world,,he commands whatsoever, and they depart at ones,,but in naija,people pay people to come and act movies in the name of testimonies, and they all fall on the ground in the name of annointing, after everything they went home with their pay check,,bro, please tell me which of the miracles have u ever experienced? and u can proudly say that u knew the person? i need answers,,before we talk about what makes bible holly

good point you are right with that observation.. I meant what I said tht no miracle recaused in bible that has never been reproduced in nigeria. I'm not a kid and from my years of living, I can identify fake miracle from the real ones.

For instance, a 9yr old boy confirmed dead by doctor. The parents buried him in grave covered with sand. Third day, the mother encountered an angel to go and unearth te boy from the grave. He was found alive. This happened to a muslim family in ijebu igbo town.true story. Is this not a miracle?
A 60yrs old woman, who has reached the age of menupause got pregnant and delivered a baby.

Several witches were caught and confessed.
Ijebu ode town was always flooded with water. One man sacrifised himself and the flood never reappear again.
I have a friend born blind. He regained his sight when he reached age of 27.
For instance, pa Akindayomi, the founder of RCCG healed the blind and lame and raised the dead. Confirmed.
Idahosa raised the dead, Moses Orimolade performed several miracles as well.
What is now special about bible that we make reference to? Why not make reference to all miracles that were performed in Nigeria?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by achinaboy(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Well, ,this could be an indefinit discussion,or aguement depending on who is watching,,but am not doubting miracle, if God says yes no can say no,things hapens sometimes medically sometimes otherwise but notwithstanding,,if i were idahosa who could raise the dead, bros,i will continue to raise dead people until noones tries to die again, and what of the blind? and the lame? the word of God said,at the name of jesus,every kneel shall bow, he said he went about healing the sick set the bondage free and all that, even after his departure,the apostles at the church gate said to a man, i have no gold or silver,but in the name of jesus, rise up, and the woman of blood issue? nowadays people like idahosa,so called men of God, hide in their cubicles and gives us one record of someone healed under their chair, and sick people are running around seeking for healing,,so bros what makes bible holly, is that we grew up and found out that bible contain the manual to holliness, then we regard it as a holly book with faith and it's working for those that believe
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Zodiac61(m): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:

good point you are right with that observation.. I meant what I said tht no miracle recaused in bible that has never been reproduced in nigeria. I'm not a kid and from my years of living, I can identify fake miracle from the real ones.

For instance, a 9yr old boy confirmed dead by doctor. The parents buried him in grave covered with sand. Third day, the mother encountered an angel to go and unearth te boy from the grave. He was found alive. This happened to a muslim family in ijebu igbo town.true story. Is this not a miracle?
A 60yrs old woman, who has reached the age of menupause got pregnant and delivered a baby.

Several witches were caught and confessed.
Ijebu ode town was always flooded with water. One man sacrifised himself and the flood never reappear again.
I have a friend born blind. He regained his sight when he reached age of 27.
For instance, pa Akindayomi, the founder of RCCG healed the blind and lame and raised the dead. Confirmed.
Idahosa raised the dead, Moses Orimolade performed several miracles as well.
What is now special about bible that we make reference to? Why not make reference to all miracles that were performed in Nigeria?

Were you there?
Did you witness any of these things?
Have you ever met a person who died and rose again?
None of these things is true. However, the truth has never been allowed to get in the way of a good christian lie.
There is nothing special or holy about the bible.
It is a collection of myths, fables and unfulfilled prophecies.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Zodiac61:

Were you there?
None of these things is true. However, the truth has never been allowed to get in the way of a good christian lie.
Sincerely speaking, the boy who rose from the grave is well known to me. This is unlike most fabrication we hear here and there. They boy was in primary school then, a muslim by birth. After the resurrection, he returned to the school.
The ressurrected boy was aired on TV. Had it been the parents of the boy were christians, the boy could have gained more popularity.
What is then the uniqueness about the ressurection of Jesus that most people found to be the base of their faith?
I pity shallow thinkers
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
achinaboy: Well, ,this could be an indefinit discussion,or aguement depending on who is watching,,but am not doubting miracle, if God says yes no can say no,things hapens sometimes medically sometimes otherwise but notwithstanding,,if i were idahosa who could raise the dead, bros,i will continue to raise dead people until noones tries to die again, and what of the blind? and the lame? the word of God said,at the name of jesus,every kneel shall bow, he said he went about healing the sick set the bondage free and all that, even after his departure,the apostles at the church gate said to a man, i have no gold or silver,but in the name of jesus, rise up, and the woman of blood issue? nowadays people like idahosa,so called men of God, hide in their cubicles and gives us one record of someone healed under their chair, and sick people are running around seeking for healing,,so bros what makes bible holly, is that we grew up and found out that bible contain the manual to holliness, then we regard it as a holly book with faith and it's working for those that believe
Please dont get me confused. No one doubt miracles. Miracle is real and magic is real as well. But how can bible be manual to holiness as you asserted?
Do you realise that the % of of evil reports in the bible is more than the good ones? What now makes it holy? As the bible is manual to holiness, so also is manual to iniquity do you realise that?
Is it not same bible some pastors quoteto extort, fraud and conjure spirit?
I pity shallow thinkers
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Zodiac61:

Were you there?
hmmm..tell me, which prophesy is yet to be fulfilled aside d second coming of Jesus christ
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Please dont get me confused. No one doubt miracles. Miracle is real and magic is real as well. But how can bible be manual to holiness as you asserted?
Do you realise that the % of of evil reports in the bible is more than the good ones? What now makes it holy? As the bible is manual to holiness, so also is manual to iniquity do you realise that?
I pity shallow thinkers
I've a few questions to ask you bro.

Do you believe in God?

If yes,how and where did u and still do get your information about Him?

What's your definition of 'Holy' and 'Holiness'?

What do you consider 'Holy' and why do you see it as 'Holy'?

Let's start from there...#waiting for your reply..
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by malvisguy212: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh: Dear Brethren,
It's indeed a privilege to present this discussion to Christians all around the world for the renewal and rehabilitation of our obsessed minds about bible.
This means the historical accounts in the bible were written as at the time of little or limited innovation. Moses who penned the world history was born 2,500 years after the creation. Moses initiated the use of Talisman and still became the friend of God. He performed lots of miracles.
Facts remain that there is no story narrated in the bible that we have never experienced similar cases even in our Nigeria. There is no any singular miracle Jesus performed that had never been performed in Nigeria. What now makes it holy that lots of people carry it in their hands for prayer? Some place it under pillow to avoid nightmare!
God bless all!
well, I don't know were you guys come from, let me not say to much.when they say WORD OF GOD, what dos it mean? Is the word OF GOD not holy?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Toyolad: I've a few questions to ask you bro.

Do you believe in God?

If yes,how and where did u and still do get your information about Him?

What's your definition of 'Holy' and 'Holiness'?

What do you consider 'Holy' and why do you see it as 'Holy'?

Let's start from there...#waiting for your reply..
I love mental challenges. I want you to know well that nobody will speak beyond the level of his/her understanding.
You asked God. Well, you called it God. My own belief is that there is a singular spirit that controls the whole universe. It has no duplicate. Whichever name anybody wishes to call it is welcome by them.
There is nothing like holy spirit and evil spirit. Mankind describes the aftermath of the influence of the spirit at any event to be evil or good.
Good and bad are human judgemental mindset.
Imagine, if I just call you and give you N50K, I will be good to you. But if I call and slap you I will be bad person. Answer me, do I have two different spirit dwelling in me?
I was at busstop one day, a guy's car broke down and needed to be pushed. I offered the help. Just 2mins later, a beggar came to me and I refused to give a penny. How can you describe me?
Every human being is like a bitter-leaf. You can use bitter-leaf for good and bad. It is used for healing because it naturally has healing properties. It is also used to conjure evil because same leaf has the potential. Thats mankind.
Holiness is human concept of feeling towards a favourable influence. Abstract is the case when the influence goes absurd.
Its a greeat mistake calling on God because there is no God else where but inside of you. There is no devil elsewhere but inside of you.
A typical witch is sometimes favourable and also adverse.r
What many people dont know is how to trigger the God in them.

1 Like

Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
malvisguy212: well, I don't know were you guys come from, let me not say to much.when they say WORD OF GOD, what dos it mean? Is the word OF GOD not holy?
The same process that formed you did my own. I'm not different in formation. The spirit in you is the God. The word from your mouth is the word of God. If it produces good fruit it becomes holy
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Zodiac61(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Toyolad: hmmm..tell me, which prophesy is yet to be fulfilled aside d second coming of Jesus christ
Wrong question.
You tell me one "prophesy" that has been fulfilled. For it to be a proper prophesy, it has to be clear and unequivocal, not the "making it up as you go along" we are used to getting from apologists.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by malvisguy212: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:
The same process that formed you did my own. I'm not different in formation. The spirit in you is the God. The word from your mouth is the word of God. If it produces good fruit it becomes holy
you mean the word from my mouth is the word of God? Bible say"it was not what go into a man that defies a man, but what comes out of him" so now you mean the word that comes out of my mouth is the word of God? Maby, the way you define god, his not holy, because man has a sinful nature now if what comes out of a man is the word of God, those that mean God is not holy? [Godforbid].

I will agree with you that man is god according to Genesis1:27, but when man sin, he lost the godliness in him. That is why jesus was born of the spirit of God, so that man can adopt back the nature of godliness through jesus.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:
I love mental challenges. I want you to know well that nobody will speak beyond the level of his/her understanding.
You asked God. Well, you called it God. My own belief is that there is A SINGULAR SPIRIT that controls the whole universe. It has no duplicate. Whichever name anybody wishes to call it is welcome by them.
There is nothing like holy spirit and evil spirit. Mankind describes the aftermath of the influence of the spirit at any event to be evil or good.
Good and bad are human judgemental mindset.
Imagine, if I just call you and give you N50K, I will be good to you. But if I call and slap you I will be bad person. Answer me, do I have two different spirit dwelling in me?
I was at busstop one day, a guy's car broke down and needed to be pushed. I offered the help. Just 2mins later, a beggar came to me and I refused to give a penny. How can you describe me?
Every human being is like a bitter-leaf. You can use bitter-leaf for good and bad. It is used for healing because it naturally has healing properties. It is also used to conjure evil because same leaf has the potential. Thats mankind.
Holiness is human concept of feeling towards a favourable influence. Abstract is the case when the influence goes absurd.
Its a greeat mistake calling on God because there is no God else where but inside of you. There is no devil elsewhere but inside of you.
A typical witch is sometimes favourable and also adverse.r
What many people dont know is how to trigger the God in them.
the 'singular spirit' you referred to there,is who we call GOD...you call it a singular spirit and we call it
God(which means a supreme being,isn't it?).

Bitter leaf used to conjure evil?..the evil you claim exists only in our imagination and mind
Or u mean to say 'to conjure evil spirits'(in which you said doesn't exist)

Next question,Do you believe that this singular spirit(GOD) whom you said controls the universe also controls us(our total being)? Or ain't we part of the universe?

Tell me more about your version of God,is He all-powerful and all-knowing?

And,what are your proves that this God exists,
The materials you use in proving His existence is what is called 'HOLY objects'..it's a word used in decribing things that are considered to be special because they are connected with God(the singular spirit you believe in).
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Zodiac61:
Wrong question.
You tell me one "prophesy" that has been fulfilled. For it to be a proper prophesy, it has to be clear and unequivocal, not the "making it up as you go along" we are used to getting from apologists.
HOMOSEXUALITY!!!..you said ONE,so I'm stopping there.

What have u gotta say about that?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:
if it produces good fruit to some set of people and produces bad fruit to some set of people,what shld we call it?

Holy or unholy or better still,semi-holy?

God is a supreme being!!!..then you mean we all are supreme beings?...if the whole citizens of a country are presidents,who then are they all going to govern
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Zodiac61(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Toyolad: HOMOSEXUALITY!!!..you said ONE,so I'm stopping there.

What have u gotta say about that?
WHAT
Are we operating on the same wavelength?
Is homosexuality a prophesy?
Go back to school, and then engage with me.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 8:17am On Aug 20, 2014
Zodiac61:
WHAT
Are we operating on the same wavelength?
Is homosexuality a prophesy?
Go back to school, and then engage with me.
you shld have just humbly admitted that you've not come across it in the bible before..nt forming smart-alec for me here.

Romans 1:26 and 27.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2014
Toyolad: the 'singular spirit' you referred to there,is who we call GOD...you call it a singular spirit and we call it
God(which means a supreme being,isn't it?).

Bitter leaf used to conjure evil?..the evil you claim exists only in our imagination and mind
Or u mean to say 'to conjure evil spirits'(in which you said doesn't exist)

Next question,Do you believe that this singular spirit(GOD) whom you said controls the universe also controls us(our total being)? Or ain't we part of the universe?

Tell me more about your version of God,is He all-powerful and all-knowing?

And,what are your proves that this God exists,
The materials you use in proving His existence is what is called 'HOLY objects'..it's a word used in decribing things that are considered to be special because they are connected with God(the singular spirit you believe in).
You seem not to understand the whole issue! I only used the word "singular" to clarify you that there are no two spirits, but one.
The same spirit in you that yu use to pray, same you use to curse. All originate within.
Get it cleared that same spirit that curses also blesses. Same hand that slaps pampers as well. Same cutlass that clears your weed kills as well. Same teeth use to chew also bite. Same motor that transports you also kills. Same medicine that heals also kills.. Same bible use to bless also uses to curse. Same pastor who blesses also curses. Same idol that kills also blesses. Same herb that heals also kills. Same God you all ask for blessing is same you call to kill your enemies.
Pls tell me who is holy?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sirniyeh:
You seem not to understand the whole issue! I only used the word "singular" to clarify you that there are no two spirits, but one.
The same spirit in you that yu use to pray, same you use to curse. All originate within.
Get it cleared that same spirit that curses also blesses. Same hand that slaps pampers as well. Same cutlass that clears your weed kills as well. Same teeth use to chew also bite. Same motor that transports you also kills. Same medicine that heals also kills.. Same bible use to bless also uses to curse. Same pastor who blesses also curses. Same idol that kills also blesses. Same herb that heals also kills. Same God you all ask for blessing is same you call to kill your enemies.
Pls tell me who is holy?
same spirit but two functions?...if this spirit is really the one that controls,then it is all powerful(according to u).

if it truly controls the universe,then it cannot be controlled by human despite living in human(according to you) how then do we manage to suppress the bad side of the spirit at will,how do we enhance it good side?

Bro,if I may ask,the miracles you mentioned earlier,were they performed by this singular spirit in the life of those people?
Who performed those miracles,doctors who were wowed by these occurences?

Seems you believe that Jesus died nd rose again,nd Thanks to God,you said you've witnessed nd read about the dead that rose again,Who do you think made these possible?
The singular spirit in you?

God exists,the bible confirms this,many archeologists have confirmed the histories in the Bible,scientists have testified.
Logically,there are proves of existence.

The old testament that was written years before the new testament agrees.is this coincidental?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Another evidence that the Bible is truly
God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible.
Because of its importance and its claim to be the very Word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern-day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still today the most widely published book in the world.
Throughout time, skeptics have regarded the
Bible as mythological, but archeology has
confirmed it as historical. Opponents have
attacked its teaching as primitive and outdated, but its moral and legal concepts and teachings have had a positive influence on societies and cultures throughout the world. It continues to be attacked by pseudo-science, psychology, and political movements, yet it remains just as true and relevant today as it was when it was first written. It is a book that has transformed countless lives and cultures throughout the last
2000 years. No matter how its opponents try to attack, destroy, or discredit it, the Bible remains;
its veracity and impact on lives is unmistakable.
The accuracy which has been preserved despite every attempt to corrupt, attack, or destroy it is clear testimony to the fact that the Bible is truly God’s Word and is supernaturally protected by Him. It should not surprise us that, no matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed. After all, Jesus said,
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away” ( Mark 13:31). After looking at the evidence, one can say without a doubt that, yes, the Bible is truly God’s Word.

Read more here:www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.html
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by achinaboy(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Sincerely speaking, the boy who rose from the grave is well known to me. This is unlike most fabrication we hear here and there. They boy was in primary school then, a muslim by birth. After the resurrection, he returned to the school.
The ressurrected boy was aired on TV. Had it been the parents of the boy were christians, the boy could have gained more popularity.
What is then the uniqueness about the ressurection of Jesus that most people found to be the base of their faith?
I pity shallow thinkers
just like the boy who was born with koran in his hand,he was also on the news, doea that make the story true?
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by achinaboy(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sirniyeh:
I pity shallow thinkers
well choose you the god to serve,i am my family will serve the living God,,bible will direct you on godly things,,koran will direct you on allah or mohamed things etc, and that makes the books holy for those that b'live in them,,,,,by the way,,magic is not real, it's an illusion,,saying that magic is real, is like saying that wrestling is real,just saying
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Zodiac61(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Toyolad: you shld have just humbly admitted that you've not come across it in the bible before..nt forming smart-alec for me here.

Romans 1:26 and 27.
Like I said, go back to school, learn the meaning of the word "prophesy", then come back and engage with me.
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Toyolad(m): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Zodiac61:
Like I said, go back to school, learn the meaning of the word "prophesy", then come back and engage with me.
smh!!..who doesn't know the meaning of prophesy here.

An ignorant smart-alec!!!
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2014
achinaboy:
just like the boy who was born with koran in his hand,he was also on the news, doea that make the story true?
You have right to doubt but believe it, it is real. I know the little boy, his parent and their residence. True story. A ressurected boy in ijebu-google it
Re: THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2014
achinaboy:
well choose you the god to serve,i am my family will serve the living God,,bible will direct you on godly things,,koran will direct you on allah or mohamed things etc, and that makes the books holy for those that b'live in them,,,,,by the way,,magic is not real, it's an illusion,,saying that magic is real, is like saying that wrestling is real,just saying
Can you explain or describe what it means to be real? What is reality?

(1) (2) (Reply)

ONE HUMANITY UNDER GOD/ MPAC 2014 CONVENTION / Prophet T.B Joshua Reveals His Identity At The Colombia Crusade / 14-days Prayer Session For Nigeria : People, We Need To Pray-day 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.