Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged (37820 Views)

Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by 360musicng(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
nigerians!!! God created us Strong Ileh Gidi Ghann!!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Litmus: 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mckennedy: AFRICA HAS TALENTED PEOPLE BUT DUE TO GREED AND BAD GOVERNANCE AFRICANS ARE NOT SUPPORTED TO PROVE THEIR SKILLS..

Nigeria, Nigeria has talented people forget Africa.

the US government ruled out the possibility, saying there were insufficient quantities of the drug available.

And this American excuse makes no sense....which is why it's an excuse i suppose

Nigeria has only a handful of cases so Nigeria is precisely the place to send the small quantity of drugs to start with to prevent the numbers escalating and becoming an epidemic.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by akoka: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote
author=PAINGAIN]u said it all. Imagine naija with great leaders and d
govt doing the right things. This country would be one of d G8 members.
I've said it before and I'm sayong it again, our rulers(I never call
them leaders) should make us to b independent of d west.[/quote]dts true.lets always speak of the solution.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ElFenomeno1: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
daroz:
where are you from? It's clear you are either not a Nigeria or you aren't based here.

You dont need to know where i am from.... or where i am based.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by olumuyiolaoluwa: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
ahnie: could someone please tell me what the message is all about! thank you.
That Nigerian scientist, pharmacist bio-sciences including herbalist just name it feel free,have dis-arm d venom Ebola. Dem fink say cos we are black we nor get sence. Wait ooo u go pay me for this. shocked
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by bigtt76(f): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
How I wish all those airlines are made to undergo strict recertification when all this dies down ...yeye airlines!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ceejayluv(m): 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
Toks2008: The question is "which treatment was administered"?

On the nature of treatment being
accorded Ebola virus disease patients,
Idris explained that there was no
specific treatment per se.
“We treat the patients based on the
presentation. For instance, if the
patient shows symptoms of
diarrhoea, he or she has to be treated
with electrolyte and others. If the
person shows signs of pain, he or she
will be given pain-relieving drugs. We
have enough drugs to take care of
them.
“If they require intensive care, we will
do that. This is part of the equipment
that has been brought in. They will be
provided with such.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-latest-3-new-cases-4-victims-discharged/
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
annoymous:
You are insufferable. And Daft.
so r u ,ebola-ass punk
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
annoymous:
You are insufferable. And Daft.
so r u ,ebola-assss punk
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ceejayluv(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Omadachi: Let's continue to secretly use our nano silver to cure our citizens.USA are on their own.Naija for life.

On the nature of treatment being
accorded Ebola virus disease patients,
Idris explained that there was no
specific treatment per se.
“We treat the patients based on the
presentation. For instance, if the
patient shows symptoms of
diarrhoea, he or she has to be treated
with electrolyte and others. If the
person shows signs of pain, he or she
will be given pain-relieving drugs. We
have enough drugs to take care of
them.
“If they require intensive care, we will
do that. This is part of the equipment
that has been brought in. They will be
provided with such.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-latest-3-new-cases-4-victims-discharged/
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by sexzskil(f): 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Am really so fvcking ashamed of this nonentity of a nation. Did someone just mentioned the most unrealistic dream ever of Nigeria ever joining the immortalG8? What more can I say? A so-called nation for the first time since a century seemed to cure a common disease and the imbe.cilic monkeys are jumping up and down, jirating, foaming in the mouth with wormish joy, jibbing-jabbing, bluffing of how the fifth world slum who its Master just praised is a ''giant of Africa''. The most pathetic phrase of all time. This country is just plainly filled with hopeless monkeys. The Black man is indeed a contemptible plague to the multi-milky gala iCal universe. This British scam will remain at the lowest strata of real humanity for all time. Am living among the shames of the Earth. I regret being a Nigerian, I REGRET BEING A BLACK HUMAN!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
LMFAO@YOu all angry with
America. America invested in
science and innovation, Naija
invested in religion. Ebola came
and you all left your churches
and mosques and start accusing America of not doing
enough and keeping a blind
eyes. Why are we not angry
with our religious leaders that
can't even come up with any
meainingful solution to our lives? I mean..those useless
churches and Mosques all over
the places, why are we not
asking help from them? Stop
hating America! If una vex,
make una leave that bulshit religion and invest in
something better, and we will
become 'America' to other
nations!! All those religious
houses wey full naija, wetin
dem dey even do there??

2 Likes

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by lastpage: 12:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Seriously, people were foaming at the mouth hours ago because the news the 4 had been released wasn't hitting front page headlines in western media though it was middle of the night there, now people are foaming at the mouth because US has praised Nigeria on a job well done. WTF? And yet Nigerians are still with their hand out begging for non existent zmapp because it has all been sent to Liberia to treat 3 doctors and an aide worker. They rightly got the experimental drug because they have the most to lose and are very hard hit. They are being ravaged by this ebola in so many ways that there are now food drops and full on village wide area quarantines as they cannot control the virus. Farmers cannot get to their fields because of roadblocks so massive famine and food shortage is feared. Many of their doctors and nurses have DIED leaving none to treat the ill, pregnant women in labor, accidents etc, let alone those sick with ebola, .....

You forgot to add the "MANY HUNDREDS OF THEM THAT ALSO THOUGHT IT WISE TO GO AND LOOT AN EBOLA QUARRANTINE CLINIC, STEALING EBOLA-STAINED BEDSHEETS, PILLOW CASES, MATTRESS AND SOME OTHER USELESS STUFFS"?

They never hear "wheen", with what they just did (the looting of Ebola), l doubt if a single one of them will remain.
They should just steer clear of Nigeria

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 20, 2014
I can not say Ebola is not a hoax. in the same way I can say chicken pox or malaria is not a hoax.

I can not say for definite that ebola is a hoax by I am suspicious why they need to use propaganda to try and make it appear more contagious and deadly than it really is.

I am also suspicious why after 37 years I have not been able to find a single video of somebody with the horrifying symptoms of somebody dying from the illness ( bleeding from all orifices etc.0.

You usually if something doesn't make sense then there is some deception taking place.
Fellonigerians:

General, i needed clarification, and not additional falsehood. Ebola is not a hoax!
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Phemmy777(m): 2:25am On Aug 20, 2014
Kudos to our presenr government. We need positive development to keep this our dear country moving forward am impressed.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by kobonaire(m): 3:34am On Aug 20, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Seriously, people were foaming at the mouth hours ago because the news the 4 had been released wasn't hitting front page headlines in western media though it was middle of the night there, now people are foaming at the mouth because US has praised Nigeria on a job well done. WTF? And yet Nigerians are still with their hand out begging for non existent zmapp because it has all been sent to Liberia to treat 3 doctors and an aide worker. They rightly got the experimental drug because they have the most to lose and are very hard hit. They are being ravaged by this ebola in so many ways that there are now food drops and full on village wide area quarantines as they cannot control the virus. Farmers cannot get to their fields because of roadblocks so massive famine and food shortage is feared. Many of their doctors and nurses have DIED leaving none to treat the ill, pregnant women in labor, accidents etc, let alone those sick with ebola, yet Nigerians still want to blame anyone and everything for their own childishness and lack of logic. You might not like what the US stands for, but you certainly will be first to shout when you think the US can help your own misery and that caused by the feckless bloody FG who invest in nothing for the common man, religious zealots and governor/senator terrorist supporters. smh
intelligent post - very logical and factual.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by Razcon: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
We asked 4 thier stupid serum they refused, now they are hidding their shame under d shadows of commendation....we did what we had 2 do 4 survival and we need no commendation 4rm nobody period. I rest my case..... Naija till infinity!!!!.

1 Like

Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by amanikondo: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Scyllapatron: I thought they said our medicine is a pesticide?? they want only them to handle ebola so they can milk infested countries of their mineral resources in exchange for ebola vaccine??
Which resources do you have that they are milking? You are the one begging them to buy more crude.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by amanikondo: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mckennedy: AFRICA HAS TALENTED PEOPLE BUT DUE TO GREED AND BAD GOVERNANCE AFRICANS ARE NOT SUPPORTED TO PROVE THEIR SKILLS..
419 and Yahoo Yahoo take skills and we are proving it
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by amanikondo: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
chegx: we are the giants of Africa and we shall save the remaining three patients in isolation, we are smart, strong, resillient &toughtfull. We shall proceed to offer health support to other west african countries like guinea and liberia on ebola. Meanwhile USA be telling lies that they do not have enough Zmappshit serum when they are actually trying to sell the serum in a very expensive price to west Africa. If Ebola was an epidemic in their country they would've had more than enough shit serum for it. But Nigeria has spoilt their plan, they are now commending us so that we may expose the secret of our ebola treatment. we sef wise.meanwhile the ebola match is still on NIGERIATREATMENT 5 - ZMAPPSHITSERUM 2. at least the spanish priest died after being treated with Zmappshitserum, so their serum is not as accurate as our treatment that has saved the lives of 5 ebola patient. I will not and never loose hope in myself and my country.

#ZMAPPSHITSERUM
All this talk from the corner of your office. Have you visited Ebola unit at yaba to offer help?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by amanikondo: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Truckpusher: Is American citizenship a means to a perfect end? undecided

If America is all that rosy we wouldn't see folks looting after a little boy was shot six times in ferguson Missouri.

There are Nigerians that will reject that citizenship.
You are right. All your musicians, comedians, and politicians that are rich not poor are not birthing their babies in Nigeria. Even average folks do it come to the US to give birth. That tells me Most Nigerians if they have the opportunity will accept american citizenship.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by chegx(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
amanikondo:
All this talk from the corner of your office. Have you visited Ebola unit at yaba to offer help?
cheesy
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ddeola: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2014
No be today, Naija is blessed with brains. Na our leaders dey corrupt due to their selfishness
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by jangirova: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2014
VantagePoint:
Oh, 'foreign doctors' were imported to treat the patients?
And how many doctors were needed by the way to 'record this feat' in the whole of Nigeria?

Oh... doctors are working right? may be in their private clinics. Listen to your health minister Chukwu express just the exact point I earlier made. If in doubt,check Vanguard newspaper of today.

"Resident doctors in both federal and state hospitals have not been working for almost 2 months now, and they have not participated in the control of EVD , they have not played any role So even if govt had not taken any decision ,they are not working and I don't know why suddenly the media started taking interest in them. They are not part of the success story."
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by VantagePoint: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
jangirova:

Oh... doctors are working right? may be in their private clinics.Listen to your health minister Chukwu express just the exact point I earlier made.If in doubt,check Vanguard newspaper of today.

"Resident doctors in both federal and state hospitals have not been working for almost 2 months now, and they gave not participated in the control of EVD , they have not played any role So even if govt had not taken any decision ,they are not working and I don't know why the suddenly the media started taking interest in them. They are not part of the success story."
Oh! now it is no longer 'Nigerian doctors' but 'Nigerian resident doctors'?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by jangirova: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
VantagePoint:
Oh! now it is no longer 'Nigerian doctors' but 'Nigerian resident doctors'?

House officers,medical officers & resident doctors are out of the system. Only the docile, free money collectors called consultants remain, and are they working? how many of them are on the field? Can this feat be attributable to them? definitely not! Are they operating their scheduled clinics in govt hospitals? those will rather be in their private clinics or gone on trips from largesse by pharmaceutical companies.
Av u heard there's a prosecution instituted by the Public against the doctors? they aren't going to recover from this strike quickly I can bet u.
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by VantagePoint: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
jangirova:

House officers,medical officers & resident doctors are out of the system. Only the docile, free money collectors called consultants remain, and are they working? how many of them are on the field? Can this feat be attributable to them? definitely not! Are they operating their scheduled clinics in govt hospitals? those will rather be in their private clinics or gone on trips from largesse by pharmaceutical companies.
Av u heard there's a prosecution instituted by the Public against the doctors? they aren't going to recover from this strike quickly I can bet u.
What's the worst case scenario?
Jail time?
Why the prosecution?
The same public that says doctors are irrelevant?
Re: US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged by ahnie: 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote
author=olumuyiolaoluwa]That Nigerian scientist, pharmacist bio-sciences
including herbalist just name it feel free,have dis-arm d venom Ebola.
Dem fink say cos we are black we nor get sence. Wait ooo u go pay me for
this. shocked[/quote]no Biggie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bennet Omalu Receives Highest American Medical Association Award / Ultrasound Scan Machine Imported From Germany Now In Lagos / How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.