Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,962 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture (12635 Views)

We Make Sofas, Bedding, Kitchen Cabinet, Wardrobe (WITH BIG PROMO OFFER) / For Your Kitchen Cabinet, Wardrobes, Beds, Painting, Hand Rails, And Interiors / Choosing Aluminum Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
GRANITE

Granite worktops are incredibly popular as they are both strong and durable. Virtually no matter what you do to them, they will still look like new in 30 years time with very little needed in the way of maintenance compared to wood. However, it also needs to be well looked after, as it can scratch and stain easily, but just make sure you use chopping boards for prepping and trivets with hot pans. Granite prices also vary as there’s a sliding scale in cost and quality.

I will also like to state here that the fear of some people that granite counter top can give one cancer is unfounded. I have people that have been working for years cutting, sanding and oiling granite with all it dusts without any sickness that relate with cancer. I believe it is just a marketing stunt by new counter top entering into the market. Moreover, it has not been scientifically proven to emit enough radon to induce cancer

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
CORIANS

Corian otherwise known as acrylic counter-top is a man-made product that can be formed into one long streamlined run of worktop to fit your kitchen exactly. It is made from either pure acrylic or a polyester-acrylic mix, Corian comes in a range of colours and textures that mimic plastic (a solid colour such as orange looks incredible), or flecked stone. Manufacturers say it is heat and stain resistant, but the beautiful thing about it is that if you do get a slight stain or scratch, you can lightly sand it out. Also, if there is any major damage, the area can be removed and a new piece fit in.

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by Keji3: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'm looking forward to you discussing cabinet accessories like magic corner and all.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
Keji3: I'm looking forward to you discussing cabinet accessories like magic corner and all.

Not to worry sir, we will soon get there!
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
WOOD

Wooden counter-top has been around a long time and is still in fashion. Wood now comes in a fantastic choice of colours, including more exotic and now fashionable darker woods. However, wood comes with a lot of disadvantages and high maintenance cost. They can be very beautiful for the first weeks of installation but heat and scratches from use can make it tiresome. The area around the sink can also bring out mould if not regularly sanded and oiled.

For a beech chopping board area, you should keep the surface untreated. It will withstand the heat from pans, the daily bashing from chopping and it even scrubs up well after staining. Wood also hygienic as it contains an antibacterial agent. If you prefer a more polished look make sure you treat your wood every few months with something such as good oil which soaks into the grain and helps to repel water and staining.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Wooden worktop

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
It should also be noted that for a traditional kitchen, oak, maple or beech wood will be perfect; bamboo, wenge and Iroko for a more modern look. Oak, maple, wenge and bamboo will have to be imported while beech and iroko are readily available here.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
GLASS

If you're a fan of colour and want a contemporary kitchen then glass worktops could be good for you. Glass work surfaces are available in a range of colours and are non-porous, which makes them easy to clean and hygienic. However they do scratch easily, are not heat-resistant, joints are visible and gather muck. Glass worktops can easily incorporate under-mounted sinks, integral sinks and drainer grooves. For a truly contemporary look, glass work surfaces can have lights fitted into them.

In my own opinion, glass is better for show rather for than for heavy use.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Glass worktop

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Glass worktop

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
CONCRETE

Although I am yet to see a bespoke concrete worktop manufacturer here, I believe it is an upcoming worktop that people will embrace with time. Usually poured on-site, polished, finished and sealed, concrete is an expensive but aesthetically beautiful, minimalist worktop surface.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Concrete counter-top

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,friends, family and clients, we at Lebanon Cedars want to say a very big HAPPY NEW MONTH to you. In this second half to year 2015, God will lift you up and shine His light and favour upon all your endeavours. You will spend it in prosperity, peace and good health.

God will grant you the financial muscle to start and complete your dream projects. Amen wink[b][/b]
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by evanmayer: 5:49am On Jul 15, 2015
Is there anyway I can find dining sets just as this sample at http://www.javateakoutdoorfurniture.com/products/dining-tables/, we this in the US, but maybe I am staying here at Maiduguri for a long period of time so looking for the same kind of outdoor furniture.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
evanmayer:
Is there anyway I can find dining sets just as this sample at http://www.javateakoutdoorfurniture.com/products/dining-tables/, we this in the US, but maybe I am staying here at Maiduguri for a long period of time so looking for the same kind of outdoor furniture.

Of course we can build this for you. However, teak woods are not very popular here but other high quality woods can be used to build the exact design.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by Julesrule: 9:43am On Nov 25, 2015
LebanonCedars2:
QUARTZ
Quartz is manmade, very hard wearing and is available in a wide range of colours and has a mirrored-fleck. It’s available in 20 or 30mm thicknesses like granite or marble and comes with a range of edge details such as bevelled edges. Quartz has added benefit of an active built-in anti-bacterial protection making it very hygienic.
Quartz is also highly stain resistant and scratch resistant, too, but as with all worktops, extra care must be taken and always use chopping boards and trivet just in case.
Where can I get quartz or marble top in Lagos?
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by Dieumerci(m): 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
LebanonCedars2:
QUARTZ

Quartz is manmade, very hard wearing and is available in a wide range of colours and has a mirrored-fleck. It’s available in 20 or 30mm thicknesses like granite or marble and comes with a range of edge details such as bevelled edges. Quartz has added benefit of an active built-in anti-bacterial protection making it very hygienic.

Quartz is also highly stain resistant and scratch resistant, too, but as with all worktops, extra care must be taken and always use chopping boards and trivet just in case.
What is the cost per squared meter.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dieumerci:

What is the cost per squared meter.
Julesrule:

Where can I get quartz or marble top in Lagos?

I am very sorry for just getting back to you on this.

Quartz is very much available here in Lagos but I have not had the cause to use it hence, I don't know the actual price.

As for the place you can get it from, I only know of one place. I don't know the name of the company but they're Berger-Ogba road. If you're coming from Excellence hotel towards Berger, there is a company by the right about 300m before you get to the Road safety office. You will see sample of granite displayed outside. Hope you're able to locate it.

And please be careful, there are fake quartz out there; ensure you buy from an office.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dear Nlders,

Check out these wardrobes and kitchen cabinet.

Contact us today for a beautiful furniture experience.

Contact us via: lcedars007@gmail.com; tfarotika@lebanoncedarsng.com; 07081411165; 08092607237 (you can send whatsapp on this)

You can also check out our website: www.lebanoncedarsng.com

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
Happy New Year to you! Am glad we made it.

We at Lebanon Cedars Nig Enterprises appreciate everyone on this forum. Oga Seun at the top and all our wonderful moderator.

Our special thanks go to those who trust us and Nairaland enough to give us their work. We are most grateful and promise to serve you even better in 2017 with all sense of responsibility.

Pls let's move closer to the giver and sustainer of life, the one that gave His life that we might have abundance of life and He will make this year for you a year of peace, plenty and new beginnings
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by smatnemo25: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
how much does it cost to give your house such aesthetic beauty? An average price will be very helpful
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
smatnemo25:
how much does it cost to give your house such aesthetic beauty? An average price will be very helpful

No one can give you furniture cost out of the blue. We have to know the size of your home and personal requirements to give you an average cost.

Thank you.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
These sofas are available for your pick up. Hurry up!!!

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
TV Console

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Coffee tables and bed...

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
Do you need an exquisite furniture? Do you need a furniture company you can trust with your hard-earned money? Do you need a furniture design and construction that can wow you?

Then, look no further! Testimonies abound here on Nairaland for over 5 years on what we have and can do. Try Lebanon Cedars today! cool cool cool
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
We are Available to give you the best Kitchen Cabinet

https://lebanoncedars.com/product/waterproof-design-kitchen-cabinet/

Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2020
The kitchen they say, is where the magic happens. It is one of the most important rooms in the house because that’s where important decisions on what goes into your belly takes.
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by sirxbit(m): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
\Very nice thread. i really want to go into furniture making but i dont know where to start. i would be glad if u can guide me as to where to begin
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by methyl: 3:51am On Feb 22, 2020
Call us for your wallpaper and 3d installation LA supreme concept. We turn the wall of your house to what you can never imagine call us 081883738981 let give samples of our design for your home
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
sirxbit:
\Very nice thread. i really want to go into furniture making but i dont know where to start. i would be glad if u can guide me as to where to begin

We will be glad to help. Where are you resident?
Re: Tips For Choosing Your Kitchen Furniture by LebanonCedars2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Don't forget

Lebanon Cedars is here to meet your furniture needs. Contact us today:

email: tfarotika@lebanoncedars.com
Phone number/whatsapp: 07081411165

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Documents Required For Regularisation Of Land In Lagos / Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page / Build/Buy New Building Or Renovate Old Building?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.