Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? (1826 Views)

Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / Which of These Punishments Did You Serve As A Kid? (Photo) / If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2014
A lot of people do this and I don't know why 'cos I use the best of everything I have. I don't see the reason why I will be eating with enamel and plastic plates and cups, while my best chinawares, glasswares and silverwares are gathering dust somewhere, only to appear whenever a guest shows up.

Those who reserve their prized possessions for visitors to enjoy, what is/are your reason(s)?
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2014
Durability issues in check....
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2014
ledafaze: Durability issues in check....
Really?
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 19, 2014
tranxo:
Really?

Yes... some are fancy but not durable and might be used not too much and the more durable ones, you use them at home.
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by SAMBARRY: 10:35am On Aug 19, 2014
I do this because

1.they are my guest. For them to leave their homes or whatever they are doing and honour my invitation means that I am special/important to them and have to treat them specially and give them the best of what I have

2. You are also portraying a good image of yourself by giving them your best

I keep my glass cups and plates for special occasions to

2 Likes

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2014
I've started using my fancy wedding China, life is too short-lived and a plate is just a plate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 11:15am On Aug 19, 2014
Flytefalls: I've started using my fancy wedding China, life is too short-lived and a plate is just a plate.
Exactly my point! You work hard, acquire these stuffs, only to deny yourself from enjoying them.
Everyday is a special occassion at my end and no visitor is worth more than one's family.

3 Likes

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 11:18am On Aug 19, 2014
SAMBARRY: I do this because

1.they are my guest. For them to leave their homes or whatever they are doing and honour my invitation means that I am special/important to them and have to treat them specially and give them the best of what I have

2. You are also portraying a good image of yourself by giving them your best

I keep my glass cups and plates for special occasions to
I am not saying you shouldn't give your guests your best, I'm only wondering why you don't use the best for yourself too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Hahahaha. I wonder why they do that o...
My mum is so guilty of that, and we were always quarreling way back.
That particular plate she reserve for X-mas based on say guest go dey come, na im I go use chop grin...she wud say I don't have single fear.

I am very sensitive to plates/cups/spoon. I eat with the most beautiful set of kitchen wares I can afford. I have the 1 I use to take cornflakes, the 1 for drinking garri etc. I never mix them up...lol

It's so bad that if I go for an occasion and the plate doesn't agree with my system I won't eat. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 11:34am On Aug 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Hahahaha. I wonder why they do that o...
My mum is so guilty of that, and we were always quarreling way back.
That particular plate she reserve for X-mas based on say guest go dey come, na im I go use chop grin...she wud say I don't have single fear.

I am very sensitive to plates/cups/spoon. I eat with the most beautiful set of kitchen wares I can afford. I have the 1 I use to take cornflakes, the 1 for drinking garri etc. I never mix them up...lol

It's so bad that if I go for an occasion and the plate doesn't agree with my system I won't eat. undecided
I know say you na non-conformist. Lol!
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2014
tranxo:
I know say you na non-conformist. Lol!
Lol, not non-conformist things o. I don't know how to keep things(except money though). Every other thing, I just like to bring them out and start using immediately, something that will spoil- will spoil naa....

1 Like

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by SAMBARRY: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2014
tranxo:
I am not saying you shouldn't give your guests your best, I'm only wondering why you don't use the best for yourself too.
so that it doesn't break accidentally etc.i keep them for special occasions to retain it's beauty
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol, not non-conformist things o. I don't know how to keep things(except money though). Every other thing, I just like to bring them out and start using immediately, something that will spoil- will spoil naa....
Lol.
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by dytbabe: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2014
I don't even have glass cup in my house, if u must drink water as a visitor, its either u take sachet water or use bowl/plastic cup.

I know am bad like that, bt pls bear with me

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Godmystrength: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
dytbabe: I don't even have glass cup in my house, if u must drink water as a visitor, its either u take sachet water or use bowl/plastic cup.

grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by dytbabe: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: grin grin grin

I must be a comedian today o
This one u been laughin ehn
grin grin grin
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by angiemartinez(f): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
op u r right o, gonna bring out all those fancy plate, dont even entertain guest all d time so wats d point.
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by rolled: 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
So what do you use in serving your visitors a bottle of wine?
You have to really change that aspect oh
dytbabe: I don't even have glass cup in my house, if u must drink water as a visitor, its either u take sachet water or use bowl/plastic cup.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by dytbabe: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
rolled: So what do you use in serving your visitors a bottle of wine?
You have to really change that aspect oh

Wine ke
Oh well, hubbys frnds use my sons used bottled water, use knife to cut it, nothin beats that satisfaction in their eyes
Hehehehhhehehehehe
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by rolled: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ride on
dytbabe:

Wine ke
Oh well, hubbys frnds use my sons used bottled water, use knife to cut it, nothin beats that satisfaction in their eyes
Hehehehhhehehehehe

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by skydeep(f): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
My utensil are of good quality. Guests have no special one, but we can't eat with all of them so some were selected for guests
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
skydeep: My utensil are of good quality. Guests have no special one, but we can't eat with all of them so some were selected for guests
As long as both are of the same good quality, then you are not a culprit. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
SAMBARRY: so that it doesn't break accidentally etc.i keep them for special occasions to retain it's beauty
So your guests are more careful than you are? Lol.
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
The plates I use to eat is what I serve my guests with, same for my mum.
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by shizzle11(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
tranxo:
exactly! Can't imagine people still do that, I know our parents use to have such mentality of have special utensils in the home

If I can't enjoy what I have, what then is the essence of buying them to start with?
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
freecocoa: The plates I use to eat is what I serve my guests with, same for my mum.
hmmm...*coughs*

1 Like

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by tranxo(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2014

grin grin grin grin
Lolololololol.... Mrs Bean!
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
To make them feel welcomed, comfortable and special.

I love having guests cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by SAMBARRY: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
tranxo:
So your guests are more careful than you are? Lol.
to each her own smiley
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by SAMBARRY: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
carefreewannabe: To make my guests feel welcomed, comfortable and special.

I love having guests cheesy cheesy cheesy
me too smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nobleval: hmmm...*coughs*
Hmmm, wetin?
Re: Why Serve Guests With Your Best Plates & Glasses While You Use Ordinary Ones? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
SAMBARRY: me too smiley

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Ever Ok To Get In Touch With Your Ex / How Often Did Husband And Wife Quarrel? / No Woman Can Snatch Ur Man If You Possess Dis Six Attributes....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.