Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires (3864 Views)

014 MBGN Contestants Rock Traditional Attires! / MBGN 2012: Pictures Of Contestants In Their Traditional Attires / Tiv Traditional Attires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by icebebe(f): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2014
Edo brides are known for their elaborate beaded
bridal wear – complete with a crown and
accessories. The hair – the most important part of
the look, is made into a high bun hairstyle known
as Eto-Okuku, typically created with black gel.
Coral beads are then sewn into the hair or
extensions in to the form of a crown, called
Okuku. Many brides buy wigs ready made with
the hair and crown.
The coral bead accessories accentuate the regal
look. Beaded necklaces are called ivie-uru, hand
beads – ivie-ebo, earrings – emi-ehorivie, a
beaded clutch – ekpa-ivie and a poncho like cape/
beaded top called ewu-ivie. Many also wear
slippers or shoes covered with beads.
For the complete look, brides wear different
fabrics of wrappers – some wear embellished
George, some opt for velvet or lace of different
colours – anything looks great with beads.

Though am nt frm benin,buh culd nt help falling inlove with dis beautiful benin babes and deir traditional attires.

Follow enjoy o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by icebebe(f): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by Derabi(f): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
"Think Creativity, Innovation and Style Think STELLAO" - Nistol Wears
Unveiling the new designs STELLAO from Nistol Wears.....Here are collections of Creativity, Innovation and Style. Our Designs are tailored specifically to magnify your true personality. we aim to cater for customers with medium, high and luxury tastes. We guarantee amazing compliments and a timeless satisfaction...... http://justfashionwithderabi..com/2014/08/think-creativity-innovation-and-style.html
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by icebebe(f): 6:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Derabi: "Think Creativity, Innovation and Style Think STELLAO" - Nistol Wears
Unveiling the new designs STELLAO from Nistol Wears.....Here are collections of Creativity, Innovation and Style. Our Designs are tailored specifically to magnify your true personality. we aim to cater for customers with medium, high and luxury tastes. We guarantee amazing compliments and a timeless satisfaction...... http://justfashionwithderabi..com/2014/08/think-creativity-innovation-and-style.html
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by PrettybyQuest: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello Icebebe.
Please I need you to contact me asap on prettybyquest@inbox.com

I have something very urgent i want us to put head together to reason and its very profitable.
Am contacting you because I can see you have lots of love for fashion and celebrity stuffs.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by icebebe(f): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
PrettybyQuest: Hello Icebebe.
Please I need you to contact me asap on prettybyquest@inbox.com

I have something very urgent i want us to put head together to reason and its very profitable.
Am contacting you because I can see you have lots of love for fashion and celebrity stuffs.
I hope to hear from you soon.
hello,beta still lemme add u on whatsap or bbm aving issues receiving mails.tnx
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beautiful
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by PrettybyQuest: 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
icebebe: hello,beta still lemme add u on whatsap or bbm aving issues receiving mails.tnx

Hi u can add me on whatsapp with the number on my signature.
Cheers
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by icebebe(f): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lolaabokoku: Beautiful
yea
Re: Beautiful Benin Traditional Attires by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
they are very beautifully made beads....but imho i think the make ups doesnt go with the traditional attire,making dem look fake.......the ones i see on nollywood i usuall made up in a way dat suits the attire...if only dey looked dat way .....nice thread tho

(1) (Reply)

Extreme Piercing Taken To A W-HOLE New Level (PHOTOS) / Ladies Clearance Sales. Strictly Gowns / Mid Week Vibes @www.sandoracollections.com 20%discount On Your Turkey Wears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.