Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian (4250 Views)

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Because they are given to circular reasoning:

13 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by tpia1: 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
How so?
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
The Bible is the Foundation Reference for the Christian Faith, anything outside it is inimical to their beliefs therefore will not be tolerated in any argument. I think it is logically sound thinking... would you not agree @OP
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
tpia1: How so?

You can't win an argument against somebody who has been programmed to defend an assertion from being challenged or questioned

Skeptic: Why do you believe in the bible?

Christian: Because it is the word of God

Skeptic. How do you know it is the word of God?

Christian: Because the Bible says so.

12 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
voltron: The Bible is the Foundation Reference for the Christian Faith, anything outside it is inimical to their beliefs therefore will not be tolerated in any argument. I think it is logically sound thinking... would you not agree @OP

That is true. But see:

Christian: Repent!

Muslim: Why?

Christian: Because you will go to hell

Muslim: How do you know that?

Christian: Because my Bible says so

Muslim: Then, you will go to hell too because my Qur'an says so

Christian: Your Qur'an is not the word of God

Muslim: How did you know that?

Christian: Because my Bible says so.

17 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Kay17: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Doesn't the Quran suffer the same handicap??

11 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Atheist. Let us reason, bro

Christian: OK

Atheist: Do you know that God created day and night before the sun?

Christian: Yes, indeed

Atheist: And you think that is possible

Christian: Well...

Atheist: A straightforward answer, please.

Christian: Well God created everything so he probably made it so from the beginning.

Atheist: You are not been sincere

Christian: You want me to challenge the bible?

6 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Atheist: Do you know the Bible calls the moon the lesser light. We know the moon does not have a visible light

Christian: Yes

Atheist: So how did the Bible get it so wrong?

Christian: You are not to take that passage literally. The bible cannot make mistakes.

Atheist: How did you know that?

6 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:

That is true. But see:

Christian: Repent!

Muslim: Why?

Christian: Because you will go to hell

Muslim: How do you know that?

Christian: Because my Bible says so

Muslim: Then, you will go to hell too because my Qur'an says so

Christian: Your Qur'an is not the word of God

Muslim: How did you know that?

Christian: Because my Bible says so.

and so the circle continues.. but where you find a fracture of enlightenment from any religious (truly spiritual) person is when they accept that the true purpose for humanity is LOVE above everything else. only then can you find true understanding. unfortunately very few (insignificant few) have reached that point

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Atheist: Why can't you just reason outside the Bible

Christian: I can't

Atheist: Why?

Christian: Because the Bible say we shouldn't reason. Read Deuteronomy 19:19

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
voltron:

and so the circle continues.. but where you find a fracture of enlightenment from any religious (truly spiritual) person is when they accept that the true purpose for humanity is LOVE above everything else. only then can you find true understanding. unfortunately very few (insignificant few) have reached that point

Very true again.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
Atheist: Don't you think some cave men searching for a meaning to their lives wrote the creation story?

Christian: No

Atheist: Why are you so sure?

Christian: Because the Bible says the scriptures were inspired by God

Atheist: And who told you they were really inspired by God?

Christian: The bible.

5 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kay17: Doesn't the Quran suffer the same handicap??

Yes, it does,bro.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Zodiac61(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
...i have been laughing since! nice job.

Circular argument is the worst of its kind.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by vedaxcool(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
hmmm cry [size=2pt]this thread is a murder attempt bring wood and oil[/size] grin

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by texanomaly(f): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif: Because they are given to circular reasoning:

I've been saying this about Christians for some time now.

The thing is...It's Muslims with the Quran and Muhammad too. Just switch Bible for either of these two.

Atheists don't get off easily either. I'm so sick of the same old arguments.

When I see any of these guys debating anymore, I know what they will say before they say it. It's all been said before on all sides. I tire O!

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:
You can't win an argument against somebody who has been programmed to defend an assertion from being challenged or questioned

what were you programmed with?

You're a liar no where Bible refers to itself as the "Word of God".

You just dive into what you don't know or you deliberately speaking lie.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif: Atheist: Don't you think some cave men searching for a meaning to their lives wrote the creation story?

How you yourself know about this?

Christian: No
Atheist: Why are you so sure?

Why are you so sure too?

Christian: Because the Bible says the scriptures were inspired by God
Atheist: And who told you they were really inspired by God?

because God never ceased to communicate with human. Those who have found God beyond the written of the Bible can testify.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif: Atheist: Why can't you just reason outside the Bible

Pure lie, many Christians reason outside the Bible. I believe you know more about Creationist, if you don't Google it.

What Christians are telling you is logic and reasoning can't find God but they can only let you know more about God.

You'll agree with me that if God truly exists MAN can design the method of how to find Him(which Atheist are doing) RATHER it is God Himself who can design the way MAN can find Him(which is what Bible teaches)

Christian: I can't
Atheist: Why?

Another lie for cheap publicity.
I bet it with you if some Nairaland Atheist and I engage in any aspect of science both theory and practical hardly one will defeat me YET they always think as science is met for them alone.

Christian: Because the Bible say we shouldn't reason. Read Deuteronomy 19:19

This Bible verse has nothing to do with even what you're saying here.

Are you sure you read it or just copy and paste?
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Emusan:

Pure lie, many Christians reason outside the Bible. I believe you know more about Creationist, if you don't Google it.

What Christians are telling you is logic and reasoning can't find God but they can only let you know more about God.

You'll agree with me that if God truly exists MAN can design the method of how to find Him(which Atheist are doing) RATHER it is God Himself who can design the way MAN can find Him(which is what Bible teaches)

Another lie for cheap publicity.
I bet it with you if some Nairaland Atheist and I engage in any aspect of science both theory and practical hardly one will defeat me YET they always think as science is met for them alone.

This Bible verse has nothing to do with even what you're saying here.

Are you sure you read it or just copy and paste?

I must say that all the sample dialogues I gave are entirely my creation. I didn't copy and paste. It is only the image that is not mine. The bible passage is a favourite of mine. I made a mistake. It is 29:29 not 19:19.

Bro, do you believe in the creation story as recorded in Genesis?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Emusan:

what were you programmed with?

You're a liar no where Bible refers to itself as the "Word of God".

You just dive into what you don't know or you deliberately speaking lie.

Do I have to reply you on this? No, I don't think so. wink

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by itstpia1: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:

Why is it bad when a christian does it but good when "one of your own" does it with whatever "tome" of their choice?

Sometimes the reason is because the arrival point is still where the argument is leading to anyway, so why not just go straight to the point ie koko of the matter instead of engaging in longwinded merry go rounds.

All arguments are cyclical at one point or the other.

You may or may not pick up something useful during the trek.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by itstpia1: 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Its not everytime one has the patience or inclination for typing long theses on the internet in order to convince somebody of something.

Its ok to let go and let God once in a while.

Can be refreshing too.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
itstpia1:

Why is it bad when a christian does it but good when "one of your own" does it with whatever "tome" of their choice?

Sometimes the reason is because the arrival point is still where the argument is leading to anyway, so why not just go straight to the point ie koko of the matter instead of engaging in longwinded merry go rounds.

All arguments are cyclical at one point or the other.

You may or may not pick up something useful during the trek.

Christians feel they have found the truth about how the universe came to be. Science isn't waiting on what it already has.

Christians don't even want to imagine that the bible might be wrong. Science doesn't feel it has the total knowledge about how we found ourselves here. Christians feel that we should stop searching.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by itstpia1: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Explain how your own argument is not cyclical.

All it comes down to is you don't believe in christianity or the bible.

No need replying this post, thanks.

I don't feel like long typing today, at least not for this particular topic, maybe someone else will oblige you.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
itstpia1: Explain how your own argument is not cyclical.

All it comes down to is you don't believe in christianity or the bible.

No need replying this post, thanks.

I don't feel like long typing today, at least not for this particular topic, maybe someone else will oblige you.

You needn't have posted at all. Gud evening.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
According to your post, the difference between a Christian and an atheist is that a Christian has a reference book (Bible) and you don't.

because if you argue with an atheist too, the reason he/she doesn't believe in God is because he doesn't believe in God. No proof as to why he doesn't believe.
Its an endless cycle for you too

But I still prefer to be a Christian because I have Hope and faith in "someone" bigger, and He is LOVE

In all its a choice.

What do you have hope in?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:
I must say that all the sample dialogues I gave are entirely my creation. I didn't copy and paste. It is only the image that is not mine. The bible passage is a favourite of mine. I made a mistake. It is 29:29 not 19:19.

Bro, do you believe in the creation story as recorded in Genesis?

Do you believe that if God truly exists MAN can't design the way of knowing Him?

OK as you admitted your mistake, wherever Christian do reason outside the Bible but only take Bible as the word of God as final.

Yes I so believe in Genesis creation (A creationist) account because God has revealed Himself to me, so man will only try to dive into our origin but they can't surpass THE CREATOR who Himself is the eyes witness of His own work.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:
Do I have to reply you on this? No, I don't think so. wink

You need to reply because you must've been programmed with something it's either you believe in creator God or you're accidentally here by father Big bang.

By the you didn't answer my question, how did you know that Bible was written by cave men?
Were you there or you read it online and believe?

This is where most of NL Atheist problem lies they can quickly judge Christian of believing in Bible written by man BUT forgotten that what they read online was also written by man.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Emusan:

You need to reply because you must've been programmed with something it's either you believe in creator God or you're accidentally here by father Big bang.

By the you didn't answer my question, how did you know that Bible was written by cave men?
Were you there or you read it online and believe?

This is where most of NL Atheist problem lies they can quickly judge Christian of believing in Bible written by man BUT forgotten that what they read online was also written by man.

I didn't say the Bible was written by cavemen. Read that particular dialogue again.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
hifaif:
Christians feel they have found the truth about how the universe came to be.

Yes we have found the truth on how the universe began because The Creator of the universe still communicates with people who diligently seek Him.

Science isn't waiting on what it already has.

You can see now I know you've been programmed with something "Science Science" as if only the Atheist do science.

Christians don't even want to imagine that the bible might be wrong.

Why would s/he imagine on what is real when God still communicates with His people or do you think Christian serve God who can't fellowship with His own?

Do you also think/imagine that scientists can be wrong sometimes?

Science doesn't feel it has the total knowledge about how we found ourselves here.

So if scientists don't know all about our origin how do you want them to know about the Creator?
If God truly exists can scientist design how to know Him or it's God who will tell scientist how He can be known?

Christians feel that we should stop searching.

Nobody said you should stop searching but as you're searching always see the hand of a Creator and intelligent Design in our universe. Simple!
"For the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] His everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: ASV, Rom 1:20

Since you're being searching have you explored our own galaxy finish talk less of the whole universe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul: The False Apostle / Famous Scandals Involving Famous Pastors / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.