Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian (4251 Views)

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 22, 2014
timifakay:

Ain't the one passing sly insults or thinking I'm wiser than everyone else on earth.

Never mind on the explanation i asked for, its obvious you are not ready to give it, but all you wanna do is deflect from side to side rather than explain what you said, i have taken my time to explain all i have been saying in each post but you keep finding some fault and something to tackle me about in each and wanting an explanation or is it that you just want me to accept your point of view blindly?

I quoted Pascal‘s wager to let you know that the benefits of believing in God are infinite, whereas the benefits of not is only finite, but you have made your choice based on what some others think, these people won't stand in for you onbthe day of judgement. I made my choice to believe before ever knowing about the Pascal‘s wager.

Thanks, i will rather have a faulty reasoning and claim eternal life than any other thing on earth.

The reason why this went this far was because you want me to explain a statement made by an atheist. I have told you that the statement doesn't infer a belief in God. How does that look like trying to make you accept my point of view blindly. Please tell me what you think my point of view is since you like disregarding situational forces when you infer someone's disposition from his action.

I have paraphrased a part of Herb Silverman's joke for you:

Son: Father, they taught us the Trinity today in school. They said there are three gods.

Atheist: There is only one God - and we don't believe in him.

I know you will immediately (drawing on your dictionary definition of belief) infer that this atheist believes in God. But what can one expect from somebody who thinks his dictionary definition of beliefs says it all and someone who quotes Pascal's wager as a reason to believe (This was the reason why I said you trivialize beliefs).

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by timifakay(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2014
hifaif:

The reason why this went this far was because you want me to explain a statement made by an atheist. I have told you that the statement doesn't infer a belief in God. How does that look like trying to make you accept my point of view blindly. Please tell me what you think my point of view is since you like disregarding situational forces when you infer someone's disposition from his action.

I have paraphrased a part of Herb Silverman's joke for you:

Son: Father, they taught us the Trinity today in school. They said there are three gods.

Atheist: There is only one God - and we don't believe in him.

I know you will immediately (drawing on your dictionary definition of belief) infer that this atheist believes in God. But what can one expect from somebody who thinks his dictionary definition of beliefs says it all and someone who quotes Pascal's wager as a reason to believe (This was the reason why I said you trivialize beliefs).

SMH... you posted a conversation without stating a reference and i asked you to explain when you told me i misinterpreted the conversation.

But you keep abusing me and changing the topic.

#OkBye
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=timifakay]

SMH... you posted a conversation without stating a reference and i asked you to explain when you told me i misinterpreted the conversation.

#OkBye[/quote

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2014
timifakay:

#OkBye

If I have disrespected your person, your rights and your freedom, I sincerely apologize. I didn't mean to.

So sorry.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Emusan(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
hifaif:
I am sorry for the insult, bro. It was not intentional. I respect your beliefs.

No problem sir, you couldn't have insulted me the way I'll being insulting myself in the way of mocking God if I've been an Atheist today.

But my heartfelt appreciation goes to God who revealed Himself to me.

I don't know why God loves me so much for Him to reveal Himself to me because I would have been like you.

Shalom!
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
hifaif:

So the prophesy has not even been fulfilled. I saw chariots and nothing like bomber jets or helicopters in that passage. Will a future resistance be made with chariots and ships?

The prophecy is yet to be fulfilled but as I said, it is still more current than tomorrow's newspaper.
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Emusan:

No problem sir, you couldn't have insulted me the way I'll being insulting myself in the way of mocking God if I've been an Atheist today.

But my heartfelt appreciation goes to God who revealed Himself to me.

I don't know why God loves me so much for Him to reveal Himself to me because I would have been like you.

Shalom!

Atheist do not insult themselves by not believing in God.

I am not an atheist. I am a freethinker who does not believe in the Christian god.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Blackfire(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2014
religion is evil,but xtreme atheism is dangerous

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Paschals wager is a weak argument.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
zeemahn: Paschals wager is a weak argument.

A very weak one.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by PastorAIO: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
zeemahn: Paschals wager is a weak argument.

yet at the heart of most (in my opinion) nigerian's adherence to religion is Pascal's wager. Can they be said to have faith?
Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
PastorAIO:

yet at the heart of most (in my opinion) nigerian's adherence to religion is Pascal's wager. Can they be said to have faith?
They knw better.
The religion one belongs to is usually d religion of the society.
Imaging wasting time on allah or jehovah only to meet Zeus on judgement day grin

1 Like

Re: See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian by PastorAIO: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
zeemahn:
They knw better.
The religion one belongs to is usually d religion of the society.
Imaging wasting time on allah or jehovah only to meet Zeus on judgement day grin

It makes the whole affair very very dicey. grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / Paul: The False Apostle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.