Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. (40724 Views)

Comedian Ay's Movie 30 Days In Atlanta Makes 76 Million Naira In 7 Weeks!! / A Nigerian Movie: “30 Days In Atlanta,” With 10 Nominations In Texas / Trailer For AY's First Movie '30 Days In Atlanta'. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by chrisviral(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Just watched the trailer on Youtube! I was a little disappointed!

I don't like short movies anyway, whether Holly, bolly or Nolly wood.

I don't like Ramson Noah, I hate the director of that movie Robert petets, I hate the redd lady that acted the romance part with AY, I hate Desmond Elliot.

*goes back to watch Teen Wolf season 4
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by booblacain(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
I do hope this is not another Usuofia in London kinda movie, where they give us accolades for behaving stupidly and un-exposed.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by DrGill(m): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
And so wat?!!!..
mtchwee
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by akpanikpe(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
@ first pics , nice ferary, shikena.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Whizzdom(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
That's gud ...... buh Nollywood sud try and do movies like Expendables and others

Epic Movies like dah ...... buh i don't blame dem now, i blame our government

Dey don;t care abot anyfin, all dem care is abot der pocket,

Dey ignore football, etc

Even our Movies sef, dem ignore am

Why wudn't der be piracy in the country?

Well Kudos to AY and RAMSEY NOAH
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Dreyl(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Congrats to them
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Knighttemplar(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Meanwhile some 10kobo movie know all in S.A will continue to beef nollywood.....jealousy in 3D,HD,I-max and blueray.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by UjSizzle(f): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
When is it hitting the cinemas? cheesy

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by doofanc: 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
momentum85: AY u're good! Pls i need link coz i want to download and watch ds great n comic movie to cure/manage my high B.P.

go and purchase your copy!!
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by jsunex(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Eldavido1: A Nigerian movie, “30 Days in Atlanta” scored one of the highest
nominations for the 3rd annual Golden Icons Academic Awards,
GIAMA, scheduled for October 25, in Houston, Texas U.S.A.
The movie got a whooping 10 nominations.
The Movie Producer and comedian, Ayo Makun, popularly known as
AY, in a statement expressed satisfaction that the efforts put into
making the movie paid off.
The Delta State University Theatre Arts graduate said “I am so
happy that the sleepless nights and days of shooting the movie in
Nigeria and Atlanta is beginning to pay off.
“This is affirmation to the efforts put into the production of the
movie and to celebrate the great team that worked with me on the
project.
“The main idea was to recreate the Akpos Character on The AY
Show’s `Who Wants to Be a Billionaire Segment’.
“It was also to establish the AY brand as an actor and a producer in
the movie industry”.
He explained that the movie, which is in the comedy genre,
chronicles the hilarious adventures of two cousins from Nigeria who
are given a 30-day holiday package to Atlanta.
The nominations are the Best Film (indigenous), Best Film (comedy)
, Best-On-Screen-Duo, Best Actor, Best Comedic Act, Best
Screenplay and Best Director.
Others are, Producer of The Year, Best Cinematography and a
Special Recognition awards for Hollywood Lynn Whitfield who also
starred in the movie.
The movie features AY, Ramsey Noah, Mercy Johnson, RMD,
Desmond Elliot, Majid Michel, Juliet Ibrahim, Ada Ameh, Rachel
Oniga and Kesse Jabari.
Others included two American actors; Vivica Foxx and Karlie Redd.
GIAMA annual awards described by those in the movie industry as
the Africa Oscars, is designed to celebrate the very best of African
entertainment and rich culture through Filmography.
(NAN)

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/166944-nigerian-movie-gets-10-nominations-in-u-s.html

Nice one AY more of that expected.... unlike some stupid and foolish movies produce over night.. e.g..

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by ZUBY77(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
softsparkyy:
For real?
Oooh I can't wait...

So you will buy life on the run..

Well you resemble Maria small.
Maybe you get that role.

Thats if you can run.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Vinsaint(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nobody knows how gr8ful i am reading dis gist.
I love comedy so much but i got tired of My man Mr Ibu and
Osuofia cos they dont deliver no more. Allways same
old character. Mr ibu goes to nursary school or Osuofia
goes to India. from the caption of the movie u already
know A-Z of the whole story. Many times the backgrond music
tell u the begining and ending of the whole show. The duration is
often 35-45 min. low bugdet and too much shouting. I would like Mr Ibu
and Nkem Owo, Charle Inoje, Okey Bakassi to step up their comedy movies.
Let us see anoda side of them dan de regular stuff we know dem for. I love dem
so much and would want to c more actions and gud quality movies, unpredictable,
suspence and intrig.

Thanks to AY for taking Naija comedy movie to anoda dymension. Hope dat de movie comes out
so kwik! grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Knownpal(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
egbaguy: i wonder how these guys recoup their money........after spending millions making a movie,the bastard pirates are waiting,also all these online download sites are available for us to get these movies.

Bros no vex oo I beg.ehn You sabi where I fit download am..wink
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by oluski(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
I hope this would urge all the others acting/producing movies like "ASUU strike" "ebola" "rihanna" to up their game in act beta movies... Jst saying that what is worth doing is worth doing well

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Bigzig(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
Welldone nollywood
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by buoye1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Sammiejo: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
slap1: Congrats! Maybe AY's calling is movie producing because he's not a natural comedian. My opinion.
I agree.

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by slap1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: No ushbebe for the film?

Good for AY, he's going places, keep it up.
Freecocoa, long time. Where you been?
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by ziccoit: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
yorke1: That's good to hear. Good things are just happening in this current administration of Presdent Goodluck Jonathan. Nigerian Movie industry has been reaping from GEJ administration since 2010. kudos to Nollywood, Kudos to GEJ. Ride on GEJ till 2019.

This is one of the reasons why I hate politicians. Ok, can you kindly claim EBOLA, BOKOHARAM, MONUMENTAL CORRUPTION ETC as part of this government achievements?

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by egbaguy: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Knownpal:

Bros no vex oo I beg.ehn You sabi where I fit download am..wink
cool down bro.......dem nva release am nah. When released,itz gonna hit d cyberspace.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Knownpal(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
egbaguy: cool down bro.......dem nva release am nah. When released,itz gonna hit d cyberspace.

Tor thanks. Me don hit google be that!
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Pronmix(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
ZUBY77: Nice..

Wait until I roll out my Life on the Run.
Oga ZUBY77 please how do I contact you? Need to ask something important.

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by chiido: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Where is Tonto. .oh sorry, I forgot she is suga rushing with dbanj
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:

I know AY is good but what is GIAMA?

Mscheeew.

Lol... Mushroom awards
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by joywendy(f): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
seriously the poster kinda reminds me of rush hour

jackie chan and chris tucker when they were running around the street half n.aked lipsrsealed

Jakie chan = Ramsey Nouah

Chris Tucker= Ay

lolz grin grin

adding this to my must watch list
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by KMB: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nice one. Positive recognition. BBC, CNN, Sky news take note
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by sexzskil(f): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ja Cappy, inferior, worthless awards nominations.

Naijeriyans celebrating mediocrity since neolithic age undecided
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by jibbish(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
jbaur24: Igbo own Nollywood is the only reason Nigeria is making waves in the movie world. From Half of Yellow Son to 30 Days in Atlanta!
Oro Omugo

Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by freecocoa(f): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
slap1: Freecocoa, long time. Where you been?
No see, I've been around o, hope you are cool?.
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by Beive85: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by EbolaParasite: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
Idrismusty97: Why did the Nairaland app told me this is on frontpage when it's not? Or is it telling me the future?

Modified: I see smiley. This app is faster than its Shadow. Kudos to Seun and crew. That doesn't means you won't update it someday o.

Chisos.. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. by egbaguy: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Knownpal:

Tor thanks. Me don hit google be that!
badt guy

Bbnaija Final: Mercy Praying With Her Bible (Photo) / How Much Netflix Costs In Every Country / Ese Eriata Joins Big Brother Naija