Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. (1800 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by Morotov1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
- Health Minister, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu
THERE had been problems with the training which also informed the
ongoing doctors' strike. The suspension is with all Federal Government
hospitals, State teaching hospitals are not affected. Government
suspended the training to allow for critical investigation and come up
with better ways to improve the training.
As a group they have not been participating in the management of Ebola. So it is not as
if they will be missed. However, the Federal Government decided to suspend residency
training in only its hospitals, we have no power to suspend the " programme in Lagos
state and I guess other states are still running, training is still ongoing in private
institutions and all institutions that regulate and accredit medical training, so the
National Post Graduate Medical College, and the West African Medical College will
continue to do their work. But in those hospitals belonging to the Federal Government,
we just feel that we needed the space, to take a look and make it better that it is so that
we can get the best from the programme.
It is not a permanent thing; it is just to allow us to appraise the programme. But of
course, if you close a programme in a university, you cannot keep the students idle. They
either go for another course meanwhile or they wait indefinitely. After that, we will restart
the programme. He said he will be advised on the appraisal. We keep forgetting that no
doctor has
been stopped from working. Some of them may want to volunteer for this Ebola
response. If any of them volunteers I would recommend them to the President. That is
my job as the Minister of Health. In a university when you temporarily suspend a
programme, why must you keep the students?

WWW.medicaworldnigeria.com

Please explain this. Thanks
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ise bo ati jeun di ogun!
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by willyzmart(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
I talk am
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
volunteer for ebola response, what an option.
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by mployer(m): 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
I don't understand again sad

Are they students or employees?
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by enny09: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
They are students and are not even a permanent staff, they should apply for training in both state and private teaching Hospitals.
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
I had thought the honourable minister was consciously staying away from this saga since he didn't sign the circular that ordered the sack.
On deep thought I am beginning to think that there's this thing thay drink in government that absolutely erodes and corrupts their judgment.
The same Chukwu who led NARD in 1992 and was a product of the residency program has now turned his back. I'm sure his registrars and SRs do practically all the work in his name in EBSUTH. It's gonna be a very long one and I hope the LASG they're copying quIckly confesses to them that the MO + consultant model isn't working at all. I wish it was possible to get this message to them. Meanwhile, the brain drain continues.

1 Like

Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by sleekier(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Interesting!
Re: No Doctor Has Been Stopped From Working....health Minister Chukwu. by drkay(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
This guy has obviously donate his brain.

(1) (Reply)

Maybe You Should Stop Using That Fluoride Toothpaste. Use Neem Tree Bark / Reason Why Nigeria Girls Are Dieing For Big Penis / Amazing Health Benefits Of Omega 3…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.