Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,592 members, 7,801,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Purpose In Life 4 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purpose In Life 4 (505 Views)

Purpose In Life 3 / Purpose In Life 2 / Purpose In Life...episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purpose In Life 4 by Adebayomolara(f): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
The day goes by uneventful, as any other Saturday would. She enjoyed her times with friends and her children throughout the day. Now the day is over and the children are asleep for the night. Unfortunately, Samantha can't seem to get to sleep.
While lying in her bed she drifts back to what she was thinking about earlier in the day, still having the nagging feeling of wondering what her purpose in life is. Chris pops into her head and she begins to think of him and what kind of troubles he's going through in his life right now and how she's tried to help him through them by helping him trust in God.
She also recalls how he has offered his shoulder to cry on and a compassionate ear whenever she has needed one. Her other friend, Donald, comes to mind. She again thinks of how he's troubled in life and how she has tried to pull him through his times of need, and then William, and Vicky. She starts to realize that she has been there for all of them. She wonders if this is it, "is this why I'm here?"
Samantha gets out of bed and gets on her knees and begins to pray. She prays for those in her life: first her children, then William, Chris, Donald and Vicky. She then prays for herself. "Dear Lord, help me understand the things that have happened to me and show me my purpose in life."
She remained on her knees for a few minutes, completely silent, hoping for something, anything. Then she heard it, the most calming and compassionate voice she had ever heard. The voice filled her soul with warmth and peace as she heard it proclaim:
"Samantha, your hurt and sorrow is not punishment, but a precious gift. I have provided you with the experiences in life to give you the knowledge and wisdom to help others. You have fulfilled and will continue to fulfill what I have in store for you. For what you seek, you have become. A healer of souls and a guide to my door step for those who have strayed or forsaken me. You cannot begin to replenish or heal lost souls without feeling their past experiences. You question that which is your purpose. You will understand that which is your body is only but a shell and what is inside you will shine brighter than the stars themselves, and you will be better prepared for your task at hand. You will be rewarded in your mortal life and in your everlasting life. Keep your faith and trust in me, for my hand is always upon you. Rise up and accept my gift and continue to help those in need."
Samantha wept for a period of time and realized again, how fulfilled she was to know the Lord. From this day forward she will continue to go to the aid of those in need and trust in the Lord.
Samantha then went into her children's rooms and hugged and kissed each them again for the night. Samantha finally went to sleep with anticipation of a new day dawning tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Read The Black Justice?. / What Are Your Favorite Motivational Quotes Of All Time? / I Need An Ebook Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.