Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? (1659 Views)

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / Pregnant Teen Murder's Mom Because She Didn’t Want To Abort Her Baby - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by OmiAdu(f): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Read this on Femme lounge - "Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For?" I like how some of the four women responded to this sensitive issues.

http://femmelounge.ng/is-it-rude-to-give-your-broke-friend-used-clothes-she-didnt-ask-for/
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
..depends on ur closeness....depends on how old or new d clothes are.....deres nothing bad in giving ur old clothes (not too old or torn ones ooo) to a fwend....for me to give u,mayb i noticed u dont av much....n i dont like it...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
As one of the people that commented said 'everyone is entitled to some self pride'.

I would have done the same thing if i were in her place. The woman is obviously limiting her spending cos they are tight on cash and she's coping just fine holding her head high, the last thing she needs is her friends killing her pride.
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by SAMBARRY: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nothing wrong but only depends on the type of person she is so she doesn't end up seeing it as an insult

I used to give one of my girlfriends my used outfits am tired of but its still new till I heard the elder brother telling her (he didn't know I heard him when he requested to see his sister in his room)

Saying that you are not even ashamed of collecting clothes from a lady that isn't even your mate . someone young enough to be your younger sister. Is it because you people have the same stature that you don't want to have sense. I felt bad and angry.that was the last day i stopped giving anyone my used clothings.its either I turn them to rag or burn them because some people have some families that are not it at all
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by itstpia1: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
I thought used clothes are typically given to relatives, not friends.

I generally prefer giving new clothes, not used ones because these days everybody can afford even better clothes than what one is using sef.

Used clothes should either be sold or donated imo.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by itstpia1: 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
If the friend is broke, its still better to buy her the clothes, not give her used ones.

Unless you people are close like that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
It depends on the level of friendship cool
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
It also depends on the way you give it out. ..like,this dress would suit or fit you more than it will fit on me,not,I want to give you clothe,do you want or I'm looking for someone to give my used clothes to,do you mind? Either way, it depends on the closeness or what types of clothes they are. ...
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by egopersonified(f): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Depends on the person's attitude to life and how close you are. Where I work, we dey share clothes anyhow oh, especially if its something expensive and you are outgrowing it, or someone is always complimenting one outfit and you know she is in love with it, na to dash am oh if u like the person gan, or u get preggy, na dere everybody go dig up their maternity wear com give you. Its not as if they cant afford them, but we close pass close up, e dey make work sweet die, I always look forward to Monday mornings.
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
OmiAdu: Read this on Femme lounge - "Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For?" I like how some of the four women responded to this sensitive issues.

http://femmelounge.ng/is-it-rude-to-give-your-broke-friend-used-clothes-she-didnt-ask-for/

God loves and rewards a cheerful giver but d instances that happens in the world today teaches one to be very careful and sensitive coz not all friends are relly ur friends.many are wolves In sheep's clothing and few ar relly sincere.
Make sure u understand the friend well and be sure she is sincerely grateful for ur kindness so that it dosnt backfire with evil intentions ind name of envy and jealousy.

#bewise#
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by ifyalways(f): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
Of all the things to give a "broke" friend it's used clothes? How would that help their situation?

I won't give or receive. Foodstuff , cash are better options.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by awhales(f): 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
The word BROKE... don't like the sound of it.

If you are so concerned about him/her, save up some money and get good new clothes for the person abeg!
If you eat frog, eat the one when get oil.

But I can easily give out my clothes that I still wear to a close friend that says "babes this top go fit me pass you oh"
Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by cococandy(f): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nononononono

Just ask her to accompany you the next time you go shopping and say I think this dress will look great on you.

Don't give used clothes to friends because they can't afford good stuff themselves.
It's an ego killer.
That's unless they ask for it themselves

1 Like

Re: Is It Rude To Give Your Broke Friend Used Clothes She Didn’t Ask For? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
awhales: The word BROKE... don't like the sound of it.

If you are so concerned about him/her, save up some money and get good new clothes for the person abeg!
If you eat frog, eat the one when get oil.

But I can easily give out my clothes that I still wear to a close friend that says "babes this top go fit me pass you oh"

Exactly smiley

(1) (Reply)

50 Rules For A Happy Marriage / Why I Will Not Attend My Daughter's Wedding / My Divorce Story:i Gave Him Everything Just To Make Our Marriage Work!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.