Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Please What Is Happening To GLO Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please What Is Happening To GLO Network (8322 Views)

Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network / Nigerians Dumping Glo Network For Airtel, Etisalat, & MTN? / How Do I Send Credit Frm Glo To Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Babaflenjor: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please what is happening to GLO network. I discover that since around 6:00am this morning my Glo line has been showing EMMERGENCY I try to remove the battery but its thesame now I consult two of my friends that are using glo and they make thesame complain so dear glo users what is ur experience.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mine started since last week. Am using their BIS on my BlackBerry. Glo has been the best network for me when it comes to browsing but seriously since last week am beginning to doubt it. It's always showing emergency this and that. Soooo teee my bis don expire shocked shocked shocked still it's still showing emergency.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by okonja(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
So sorry, but should incase you want to browse and have an MTN line, you can buy the MTN data from me at cheaper rate. Thanks cool
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
glo and airtel are the poorest network we have in nigeria. I stay in festac, lagos. u cnt even make a call with glo line over here not to talk of surfing the net, airtel is gud for calls, but internet is oways "loading". Too bad.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by femi4: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
Jennydoris: Mine started since last week. Am using their BIS on my BlackBerry. Glo has been the best network for me when it comes to browsing but seriously since last week am beginning to doubt it. It's always showing emergency this and that. Soooo teee my bis don expire shocked shocked shocked still it's still showing emergency.
Infact, the bis stopped working on PC, which was the main reason why I switched from MTN to glo
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Samuel1402(m): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
My glo line is not workkng since 5pm yesterday is writing emergency too
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by ojuoluwani(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Here at Oniru estate lekki mine showing NO SERVICE since morning
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by jude33084(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mine have been working so I dont know why this alarm

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
urhoboman: glo and airtel are the poorest network we have in nigeria. I stay in festac, lagos. u cnt even make a call with glo line over here not to talk of surfing the net, airtel is gud for calls, but internet is oways "loading". Too bad.

My glo bis was working very very well when I was in Onitsha but since I came to Lagos the story has changed. Here in festac it's as if glo is cursed or something.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
femi4: Infact, the bis stopped working on PC, which was the main reason why I switched from MTN to glo

My dear the thing just tire me. It's so frustrating.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Jennydoris:

My glo bis was working very very well when I was in Onitsha but since I came to Lagos the story has changed. Here in festac it's as if glo is cursed or something.
oh, u stay in festac too? The network is too bad I must say. Not as if this place is a remote village. Try to get urself an mtn or etisalat sim. They work very well here.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Lagusta(m): 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Glo is dying, I MEAN IT, GLO IS DYING!!!
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by duwdu: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2014
My 2G and 3G signals just started returning - at about 6:20am...so there's hope. Signal stability/sustainability/data pass through still intermittent, though (Lekki.)

Good morning, All.

P34c3
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2014
urhoboman: oh, u stay in festac too? The network is too bad I must say. Not as if this place is a remote village. Try to get urself an mtn or etisalat sim. They work very well here.

Yea. I switched over to etisalat. I went to their office at 23 road and get their data plan. Though it's ok but I still prefer glo. Glo bis 1month subscription with 1000naira last for upto the last day of the expiring date of the data. Sometimes i use mine for downloading of music, video or games. But etisalat is not like that. If care is not taking the MB will finish even before the stipulated time. Will switch over to glo once I get back to my base.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Jennydoris:

Yea. I switched over to etisalat. I went to their office at 23 road and get their data plan. Though it's ok but I still prefer glo. Glo bis 1month subscription with 1000naira last for upto the last day of the expiring date of the data. Sometimes i use mine for downloading of music, video or games. But etisalat is not like that. If care is not taking the MB will finish even before the stipulated time. Will switch over to glo once I get back to my base.
ok, goodluck with it, hope u are enjoying ur stay in festac?
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Theloveth(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2014
E be like say na only you Lagosians waka come this one.Glo has been working so fine here for the past 3months except for last week only on my droid with their bis.Sweet sweet glo
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Donkaz(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2014
I have been enjoying my Glo for quite sometime now
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by lharstborn(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2014
I can't call out on my Glo sim neither can I receive calls..also internet connection is very poor,can't go online since like almost a week now. Glo wassapin naaaah!!!!
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2014
Just after i made two calls using it, it's been dropping other calls (can't call again) Ionno why..... But I'm still rocking with my bis. Remaining 1.3gb for 3 weeks cry cry cry cry cry kiss kiss cry cry cry cry embarassedembarassed
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Janeify(f): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mine started since 3 days ago, very irritating
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
urhoboman: ok, goodluck with it, hope u are enjoying ur stay in festac?

Yes. I am.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by chukel(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Browsing with mine for like one week now has been nothing but horrible. Now Its expired, but I can't even resubscribe. Getting "short message transfer rejected" message. Really tired of dis shit. But really enjoyed it when it worked.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Babaflenjor: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
The service is back now at ajah but yet I cannot check my balance also I can't load recharge card neither can I make outgoing calls I can only receive incoming calls as at now I'm presently at Ajah
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by holusormi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
It's these mumu tecno boys rocking Glo on their androids ooooo,,, they will soon cripple Glo just like they did to Airtel ,,, smh ,,rip in advance to Glo
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by jamilkb(m): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Glo Service runs out when there is raining in a particular area. anyone discovered that?
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Babaflenjor: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
jamilkb: Glo Service runs out when there is raining in a particular area. anyone discovered that?
I think I agree with u
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Whizpeter(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Jennydoris:

GLO offers 3g for 1k
Etisalat offers the same 3g for 1k
So don't be scared you won't finish it before it expires
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Jennydoris(f): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
Whizpeter:
GLO offers 3g for 1k
Etisalat offers the same 3g for 1k
So don't be scared you won't finish it before it expires

Yes that's true, but the 3g works for curve and bold blackberry. I recharged it using the normal code but it didn't work on my Q5 so I went to there office they said the plan is not for Q5 and other new blackberry because they have different features from the older blackberry. They have one of 1K but it's not 1g. Na so my 1K take go.
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Stbillion(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2014
I notice that the 3G isnt working then i switch to normal 2g
Re: Please What Is Happening To GLO Network by Whizpeter(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2014
Jennydoris:

Yes that's true, but the 3g works for curve and bold blackberry. I recharged it using the normal code but it didn't work on my Q5 so I went to there office they said the plan is not for Q5 and other new blackberry because they have different features from the older blackberry. They have one of 1K but it's not 1g. Na so my 1K take go.

Ok... Now i understand... The etisalat subscription works only on BB legacy devices... It doesnt work on BB10.. Enjoy ya Glo!

(1) (Reply)

Android Vs IOS Homescreen Screenshot Challenge July 2020 / A Year After, How Is The Infinix Smart TV? / When Her Phone Keeps Saying Line Busy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.