Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. (3488 Views)

Cool Whatsapp Tips You Need To Know / Some COOL WhatsApp Tips & Tricks (My Guide ) / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
please note that this wasn't written by me... I just saw this on the net and decided to share it with you guys

[size=18pt] 16 Facts About WhatsApp [/size]

WhatsApp founded in 2009 by former Yahoo! employees Brian Acton and Jan Koum

Sequoia Capital invested $8 million in 2011

70% of users are active on a daily basis

WhatsApp says they are adding 1 million users everyday.

They currently employ 50 people
32 engineers working on WhatsApp, i.e. one engineer is responsible for 14 million active users!!

400 million active users in December
Rising to 450 million active users according to Facebook’s press release.

The app is the 5th most downloaded app on Android

WhatsApp doesn’t sell ads and zero have appeared on the app
The founders hate ads

Twitter and Facebook had the chance to hire founder Brian Acton but didn’t!

The total value of the deal(To sell whatsapp): $19 Billion ($4 billion in cash, $12 billion in stock, and $3 billion in restricted stock)

$1 Billion Break-up fee should the deal not go through.

Jan Koum(whatsapp founder) keeps a note from Brian (whatsapp founder) taped to his desk that reads “No Ads! No Games! No Gimmicks!” To keep them focused on building a pure messaging experience.

WhatsApp spent ZERO cash on marketing, PR and user acquisition

WhatsApp’s messaging volume is approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume

On Dec 31st 2013 users sent a total 54 billion messages during the day (3x increase from 2012)

How it became so popular?

Looking at those numbers reads like a fairy tale and is an inspiration to aspiring entrepreneurs. But what exactly made WhatsApp so popular? Here’s a short list that contributed to its increasing usage since 2009:

All you need to sign up is your phone number.

WhatsApp tapped into your contact list to display friends already using the app.

2G & 3G data plans paved the way for affordable messaging across borders (all you need for WhatsApp is an internet connection)

Free for a year and $0.99 a year for unlimited messages

MMS was rarely used due to its cost, WhatsApp made it affordable with its photo sharing feature

Cross platform compatibility (still includes Symbian&java!!) saw users in emerging marketing jump on the bandwagon

WhatsApp got a lot things right in the beginning and its growth rate is reportedly faster than Facebook’s. With Mark Zuckerberg even saying “WhatsApp is on a path to connect 1 billion people.” But with such a huge amount of money on the table – one has to wonder what $19 billion could’ve been used for instead?

[size=15pt] culled [/size] Google.com

Learn how to run android games/apps on your Pc click here

Wanna subscribe for bis...? Click here

Tired of recharging..? Wanna make free calls..? click here

3 Likes

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
angry no reply...?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by rattlesnake(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
Whatsapp is not our problem now sir
Better things dey mind

4 Likes

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by nwaobitex: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
i dont know wat to say
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Aitee1: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Wait let apc and pdp supporters come in u'll get reply[quote author=] angry no reply...?[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Aitee1: Wait let apc and pdp supporters come in u'll get reply
hahaha. grin

1 Like

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Aitee1: 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Abi I lie? Those are the only set that no matter what one post they must criticise, hope u're not one?? Abeg no dissect me oh *running*
frankben: hahaha. grin

1 Like

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Aitee1: Abi I lie? Those are the only set that no matter what one post they must criticise, hope u're not one?? Abeg no dissect me oh *running*
hahahaha. Though i'm not used to politics section. Your post really cracked my ribs. Thanks grin grin
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Baddestguyp(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Aitee1: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
You're welcome bra smiley that section is actually fun just that the abuse there is nothing to write home about, one need to develop a thick skin b4 you comment there
frankben: hahahaha. Though i'm not used to politics section. Your post really cracked my ribs. Thanks grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Interesting
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Baddestguyp: .
Well done
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by TOYNEX(f): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=] angry no reply...?[/quote] u ask questions?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
NICE ONE @ OP
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by DjAndroid: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
I started using whatsapp since 2011 on my Nokia 5800.

that time whatsapp had no feature for profile picture but if you save a contact on your phone with a picture, the picture will appear on whatsapp as the person's profile picture.
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by freshness2020: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
TOYNEX: u ask questions?
Gud kwesion...
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by kellyjoesteve: 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
For me whatsapp have come to stay but of cos there are many other that are coming to stay as well with better features, so is a great idea to compete in every sector. At this stage everything must be up and doing.
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by cirmuell(m): 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Facts? What da eff are we supposed to do with that?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by iamsegsy(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
the next big thing for us as a generation is not d oil wells of the the Niger Delta but the vast potential and resources d digital world has got to offer smiley

1 Like

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Intresting facts
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Aitee1: You're welcome bra smiley that section is actually fun just that the abuse there is nothing to write home about, one need to develop a thick skin b4 you comment there

Boring flees to the politics section!
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Dubby6(m): 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Whatsapp na d main koko
Mine just expired
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Thebrightest(m): 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
WHAT ABOUT 2GO?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Aitee1: Wait let apc and pdp supporters come in u'll get reply
wat is PDP..?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thebrightest: WHAT ABOUT 2GO
coming soon! cool
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 20, 2014
Dubby6: Whatsapp na d main koko
Mine just expired
but there's a trick to bypass whatsapp 1$ bill
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Intresting facts
thank u cool

1 Like

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 20, 2014
iamsegsy: the next big thing for us as a generation is not d oil wells of the the Niger Delta but the vast potential and resources d digital world has got to offer smiley
Bro u just mis road... Revise ur keke go politics garage
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 20, 2014
kellyjoesteve: For me whatsapp have come to stay but of cos there are many other that are coming to stay as well with better features, so is a great idea to compete in every sector. At this stage everything must be up and doing.
Telegram on the loose
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 20, 2014
TOYNEX: u ask questions?
are u human?
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by iamsegsy(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=] Bro u just mis road... Revise ur keke go politics garage[/quote] grin dnt lyk argument on politricks
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by PrinceCEE(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2014
observing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pokemon Go: Only For The Brave In Lagos / Relieved:china Makes A Cheaper Version Of Iphone 7 / What Good Android Phone Can I Get For 75k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.