Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Following GOD Sheepishly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Following GOD Sheepishly (1265 Views)

Following God’s Schedule / Hardship In Following God (part 2) / Hardship In Following God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
FOLLOWING GOD SHEEPISHLY(Part1)
“Jesus, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy……, I grew up reciting this prayer regularly during the sunday service intercessory session. It got to a point that I didn’t even need to recite this prayer from the prayer book, I began to recite it by heart. It never even occurred to me to meditate on the prayer, after all, all that was required of me was to recite the prayer whenever it was time. Then, on one faithful day, this phrase struck me – “the Lamb of God”. I began to ponder on a particular word in that phrase “Lamb”. Numerous questions began to surface, yet I couldn’t find answers to any. I asked, “why Lamb”, “why refer to Jesus as the Lamb of God”, “why not lion, or even elephant”. As time passed, I began to figure it out. As I reflected on the passage of the bible that described the fruits of the spirit, it then occurred to me that a Lamb exhibits some of these qualities – meekness, temperance, e.t.c. With this insight, I began to fully comprehend why Jesus was referred to as the Lamb of God.
A Lamb, being a Sheep, is one of the most docile animals of all. That is, it possesses qualities that make it easy to control. Little wonder why a shepherd is able to control a very large flock of Sheep without losing any. They are very submissive even to the point of slaughter. Jesus ‘Followed God Sheepishly’; he obeyed God to the later, he laid down his life to be sacrificed so that the destiny of mankind can be restored, even to be crucified on the cross of Calvary.
This is exactly how God expects us to submit to his absolute will. Jeremiah 29 verses 11 lets us understand that God’s thoughts for us are of peace and never of evil, to bring us to an expected end; expected end of hope, expected end of unquantifiable blessings. So, he expects us to place our full trust in him because he will never fail us. Proverbs 3 verses 5 and 6 commands us to trust in the LORD with all our hearts…….and he will direct our paths.
Therefore, I implore every one of us reading this to look upon Jesus – the perfect example of one who followed God sheepishly – and learn from his life. Following the fulfilment of his purpose on earth, Jesus was rewarded with an exalted position in the heavenlies: he sits on the right hand of God the father, and also, he has been given a name above any other name be it in the heavens, on the earth, or under the earth – Hallelujah!!!. So, it will be fitting to say that only when we are ‘following God sheepishly’ can we expect to partake fully in the innumerable blessings he has laid in stock for us.

1 Like

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
chikweezy:
A Lamb, being a Sheep, is one of the most docile animals of all. That is, it possesses qualities that make it easy to control. Little wonder why a shepherd is able to control a very large flock of Sheep without losing any. They are very submissive even to the point of slaughter.
I completely agree.

3 Likes

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
musKeeto:
I completely agree.
I tell u...it was dat fact dat made me realise y d Bible always classified Jesus as 'the lamb'

1 Like

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
chikweezy:
FOLLOWING GOD SHEEPISHLY(Part1)
“Jesus, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy……, I grew up reciting this prayer regularly during the sunday service intercessory session. It got to a point that I didn’t even need to recite this prayer from the prayer book, I began to recite it by heart. It never even occurred to me to meditate on the prayer, after all, all that was required of me was to recite the prayer whenever it was time. Then, on one faithful day, this phrase struck me – “the Lamb of God”. I began to ponder on a particular word in that phrase “Lamb”. Numerous questions began to surface, yet I couldn’t find answers to any. I asked, “why Lamb”, “why refer to Jesus as the Lamb of God”, “why not lion, or even elephant”. As time passed, I began to figure it out. As I reflected on the passage of the bible that described the fruits of the spirit, it then occurred to me that a Lamb exhibits some of these qualities – meekness, temperance, e.t.c. With this insight, I began to fully comprehend why Jesus was referred to as the Lamb of God.
A Lamb, being a Sheep, is one of the most docile animals of all. That is, it possesses qualities that make it easy to control. Little wonder why a shepherd is able to control a very large flock of Sheep without losing any. They are very submissive even to the point of slaughter. Jesus ‘Followed God Sheepishly’; he obeyed God to the later, he laid down his life to be sacrificed so that the destiny of mankind can be restored, even to be crucified on the cross of Calvary.
This is exactly how God expects us to submit to his absolute will. Jeremiah 29 verses 11 lets us understand that God’s thoughts for us are of peace and never of evil, to bring us to an expected end; expected end of hope, expected end of unquantifiable blessings. So, he expects us to place our full trust in him because he will never fail us. Proverbs 3 verses 5 and 6 commands us to trust in the LORD with all our hearts…….and he will direct our paths.
Therefore, I implore every one of us reading this to look upon Jesus – the perfect example of one who followed God sheepishly – and learn from his life. Following the fulfilment of his purpose on earth, Jesus was rewarded with an exalted position in the heavenlies: he sits on the right hand of God the father, and also, he has been given a name above any other name be it in the heavens, on the earth, or under the earth – Hallelujah!!!. So, it will be fitting to say that only when we are ‘following God sheepishly’ can we expect to partake fully in the innumerable blessings he has laid in stock for us.
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by plaetton: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Wow!

So this is a thread promoting docility, sheepishness, irrational herd - think that may lead to exploitation or even slaughter,.. Basically, idiocy as a Christian virtue?

Wow!
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
"Even the devil sometimes disguises as an angel of light"...may God grant u wisdom to understand the mssg behind this write-up.
plaetton:
Wow!

So this is a thread promoting docility, sheepishness, irrational herd - think that may lead to exploitation or even slaughter,.. Basically, idiocy as a Christian virtue?

Wow!
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by plaetton: 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
chikweezy:
"Even the devil sometimes disguises as an angel of light"...may God grant u wisdom to understand the mssg behind this write-up.

Dp
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by plaetton: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
chikweezy:

Equally, may the toothfairy put a brain under your pillow to help you free yourself from PTSD, Post Traumatic Slave(or Sheep) Disease, and attain MENTAL SOVERIEGNTY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by hahn(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
plaetton:

Equally, may the toothfairy put a brain under your pillow to help you free yourself from PTSD, Post Traumatic Slave(or Sheep) Disease, and attain MENTAL SOVERIEGNTY.

Lol @ bolded grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2015
I feel sorry for you
plaetton:

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by Stconvict(m): 2:07am On Aug 23, 2015
Religion remains the other problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by chikweezy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wen u guys are done, u'll leave the thread in peace.
Stconvict:
Religion remains the other problem of Nigeria
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by Stconvict(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
*DELETED*
Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by Stconvict(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
chikweezy:
Wen u guys are done, u'll leave the thread in peace.
But we are just getting started. tongue
Actually I see it the other way round. It is you guys getting tired and Nigerians learning to see for themselves (perhaps not in our generation). Your mythical stories about how god puffed out the earth and how the first couple populated the earth by coupling with neighboring communities (WTF!) cannot hold forever.
So go back to your lovely bible and leave the alliance alone.
Science rocks! F**k creationism!

1 Like

Re: Following GOD Sheepishly by plaetton: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Stconvict:

But we are just getting started. tongue
Actually I see it the other way round. It is you guys getting tired and Nigerians learning to see for themselves (perhaps not in our generation). Your mythical stories about how god puffed out the earth and how the first couple populated the earth by coupling with neighboring communities (WTF!) cannot hold forever.
So go back to your lovely bible and leave the alliance alone.
Science rocks! F**k creationism!
Lol.
grin
The revolution has began.

(1) (Reply)

Noah's Flood Did Not Reach Africa / January 2015 Devotional From Gospel Pillars Ministry / You Negroes, This Is Why You Don't Know You Are The True Israelites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.