Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 AM

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (60884 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: You must be a moronn,you miserable sadist.
Where did you see any Nigerian govt official recommending nano silver.?
You are busy hunting for bad news so as to validate your american overloads.
May God punish you.
Anyday,you set foot in Nigeria is the day you die,you mad fucck.

For the record it's kinda ironical that someone who calls another person a sadist is praying for someone's death.

Truly you are a sick deranged person.
Get some help
You need it

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by cawc: 5:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Hmmm Nigeria! What a waste! what a country!
The news of this woman recovery was celebrated and just keep wondering how many people she would have been in contact with now before her eventual death - her son, husband, siblings, pastor, friends and foes alike. The list is endless!
Now where are we going to start from. Do we now quarantine all these people or we go back to our usual denial mode believing all is well?
Really worried for this country. Lets do the right thing at least for once and leave all these limitation factors we placed on ourselves.
Lets celebrate humanity first above all other divisions.
May God accept her soul and those of other departed faithful!

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by otokx(m): 5:31am On Aug 20, 2014
cawc: Hmmm Nigeria! What a waste! what a country!
The news of this woman recovery was celebrated and just keep wondering how many people she would have been in contact with now before her eventual death - her son, husband, siblings, pastor, friends and foes alike. The list is endless!
Now where are we going to start from. Do we now quarantine all these people or we go back to our usual denial mode believing all is well?
Really worried for this country. Lets do the right thing at least for once and leave all these limitation factors we placed on ourselves.

That is Nigeria for you where many indulge in self deception and religion while lies are the order of the day. By the time the number of dead reach 10 then reality we dawn on us.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by passionate88: 5:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Enoquin:

You read the book! I can never forget the first sentence, 'It all started with a rat' nor the first few chapters. More than 10 years ago and yet...

RIP madam. May your family find succour.
I read the book o. I am an addict when it comes to Novels (not m&b)
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by SexyFox(f): 5:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Tazmode: she was, i saw it on the news about 5mins ago
The health personnel involve are too many. I dont even know what to believe anymore. It is begining to look like an indian film.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by SexyFox(f): 5:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Tazmode: she was, i saw it on the news about 5mins ago
The health personnels involve are too many. I dont even know what to believe anymore. It is begining to look like an indian film.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Neddyogu(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2014
blueto: what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?
and they say Nano silver aint no pesticide?
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by snipesdam(m): 5:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Wait o. Whom are the people that were fully recovered and now discharged. Or it seems every news about ebola patients is now a fraud.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by yogun(f): 5:46am On Aug 20, 2014
Very sad

May God rest ur soul Doctor Stella
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Ignatio(m): 5:54am On Aug 20, 2014
They better call back the other four they discharged.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by creepsyme(f): 6:03am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigeria is so impatient, why culdnt dey wait to be sure the Dr was actually free from ebola before discharging her? I became worried the way and manner this patients where been discharged, of course I do pray for them to be healed but at least they shuld have still kept and observed them for sometime more. Nigeria in a hurry to make headlined! RIP to u ma'am.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by MadCow1: 6:05am On Aug 20, 2014
karidad: How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordinary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.

First consultant Hospital where she worked was a private hospital and thus the reason why he was attended to by more than one doctor.

However, this would go a long way to bring some sanity to our medical professionals in how they carry out their job.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kollizo: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2014
i hope she didnt get in contact wit oda pple wen she was "discharged" RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by 1EYO(m): 6:10am On Aug 20, 2014
HERE IS A THOUGHT, WHAT OF IF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE AFFECTED WITH THE EBOLA VIRUS ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY CURED AND ARE ALLOWED TO GO AMONG PEOPLE TO INFECT MORE PEOPLE. I AM BASING THIS THEORY ON THE FACT THAT THE GOOD DOCTOR THAT JUST DIED, WAS GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH BY THE GOVT AND NOW SHE IS DEAD. WHAT OF THE FOUR OTHER PATIENTS THAT WERE ALSO RELEASED, OR SA7D T8 HAVE BEEN CURED, WHAT RMTHEIR NAMES SO THAT WE CAN FOLLOW UP AND SEE IF THEY WILL STILL BE ALIVE .
PLEASE I STAND TO BE CORRECTED BUT I SMELL A CONSPIRACY HERE, IN OTHER TO SELL ZIMAPP grin
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by lovinam: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2014
That's the way the attend to patients. Each cunsultant works with a team of docs and one or two nurses. I guess they will change their pattern now. Great loss to the hospital.
MadCow1:

First consultant Hospital where she worked was a private hospital and thus the reason why he was attended to by more than one doctor.

However, this would go a long way to bring some sanity to our medical professionals in how they carry out their job.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by einsteino(m): 6:19am On Aug 20, 2014
Henrypraise:

My friend sharrap, doctors die reach soldiers or police? Abi no be pple teach doctors for primary/ secondary sch? If everybody begin strike cos de want dis n dat witout puttin d country in perspective, tell me who will save d country? Patriotism must av a begining point; 4 south africans, mandela was d begining point, dis woman can be d begining point 4 doctors it all depends on d govt n media.

Btw, In my field I am bein patriotic, n shud dia be need for me to do more, I won't look bak.

And what exactly is your field? As for me am not a doctor but i can never die for nigeria, never. Even if i were a soldier, i would go AWOL. Not because am a coward but simply because Nigeria is not worth dying for. What does Nigeria stand for that i would die for it? At the end of the patriotism, all that would be said is RIP, na RIP her kids go eat? Dont be surprised her kids would be denied medical attention even in a govt hospital if they dont have money to pay. I rather die for a foreign country like U.S.A that values patriotism, not nigeria that gives cetenary award to people like Abacha.

Please tell us what your field is, we need to know how patriotic one can be there? Cos its easy sitting behind a computer and start blabbing patriotism.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2014
1EYO: HERE IS A THOUGHT, WHAT OF IF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE AFFECTED WITH THE EBOLA VIRUS ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY CURED AND ARE ALLOWED TO GO AMONG PEOPLE TO INFECT MORE PEOPLE. I AM BASING THIS THEORY ON THE FACT THAT THE GOOD DOCTOR THAT JUST DIED, WAS GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH BY THE GOVT AND NOW SHE IS DEAD. WHAT OF THE FOUR OTHER PATIENTS THAT WERE ALSO RELEASED, OR SA7D T8 HAVE BEEN CURED, WHAT RMTHEIR NAMES SO THAT WE CAN FOLLOW UP AND SEE IF THEY WILL STILL BE ALIVE .
PLEASE I STAND TO BE CORRECTED BUT I SMELL A CONSPIRACY HERE, IN OTHER TO SELL ZIMAPP grin
Dr Ameyo was not discharged. It was another doctor.

Our sources say she
died this afternoon, Tuesday, 19
August, 2014, at an isolation
centre where she had been
quarantined along with other
doctors and nurses
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by hardbody: 6:26am On Aug 20, 2014
ignis: Rip doctor.... You died in active service to save life of humanity....
May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

I thought almighty doctors were on strike. Pity for the bereaved.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 20, 2014
cawc: Hmmm Nigeria! What a waste! what a country!

Thoroughly read the news again and you will notice there is no need for your assertions.

RIP Madam. RESPECT.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
karidad: How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordionary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.
you are a joke ! i bet its people like you that abuse doctors...and you dont know anything about how the doctor-
work is done.
Okay.Listen and learn. A houseofficer will have the first contact with the patient, then the registrar, followed by the senior registrar and the the consultant. They could all have seen him at the same time, however. So we have 4 doctors seeing a patient in any hospital that provides tertiary care.
Enough said.
And to think you already have 50 likes only shows the level of degradation of 'national' intelligence quotient in this messed up country!

6 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by cashierbofam: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Please it will be better all these people they are discharging should be well tested o, if possible by US cos I can't imagine sum1 tested free from ebola n discharged now died of ebola but why?. Am so sorry DR for good job done may ur soul rest in perfect peace, may God Almighty comfort the family for this great loss!
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
you are a joke ! i bet its people like you that abuse doctors...and you dont know anything about how the doctor-
work is done.
Okay.Listen and learn. A houseofficer will have the first contact with the patient, then the registrar, followed by the senior registrar and the the consultant. They could all have seen him at the same time, however. So we have 4 doctors seeing a patient in any hospital that provides tertiary care.
Enough said.
And to think you already have 50 likes only shows the level of degradation of 'national' intelligence quotient in this messed up country!
50 likes from over 23,000 views. Come on.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2014
einsteino:

And what exactly is your field? As for me am not a doctor but i can never die for nigeria, never. Even if i were a soldier, i would go AWOL. Not because am a coward but simply because Nigeria is not worth dying for. What does Nigeria stand for that i would die for it? At the end of the patriotism, all that would be said is RIP, na RIP her kids go eat? Dont be surprised her kids would be denied medical attention even in a govt hospital if they dont have money to pay. I rather die for a foreign country like U.S.A that values patriotism, not nigeria that gives cetenary award to people like Abacha.

Please tell us what your field is, we need to know how patriotic one can be there? Cos its easy sitting behind a computer and start blabbing patriotism.
Good man!
Oya! let that piglet tell us his field of work, then we will know where to start with him from!
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by einsteino(m): 6:44am On Aug 20, 2014
upchair: Patrick Sawyer murdered my 1st cousin tonight. Ameyo, I am speechless. After the last few weeks of prayers and holding on to hope that you will pull through, you did not come out of your unconscious state. You were so nice, easy going, simple and humble and you played the big sister as the eldest of all the 1st cousins on mummy's side. I will not forget the role you played at my wedding where you stood in as my mum (representing my late mum). That you were named Stella in memory of my mum was not surprising cause you were similar in nature. You (as the lead consultant) and your team prevented generations of Nigerians from contracting the Ebola virus by insisting Patrick Sawyer did not live the hospital. It shows you died so that other Nigerians may live. What could be more Christ like than this? It goes without saying that by default you are a national hero. God knows best why he allowed you to go (1) at this time and (2) in this horrible way cause I am speechless , lost for words. AMEYO rest in perfect peace till we meet to part no more and may God grant your mum and siblings the grace to carry on especially mummy.

Although i never met her and unfortunately am not an elected officer and therefore do not really have the mandate to represent anyone... Nonetheless i want to say as a nigerian i am sorry for your loss and on behalf of every ordinary Nigerian like me who would have died if not for her patriotism, i pray God almighty keeps her in His house and grants you the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Pls accept our condolences, sadly R.I.P is what ends matters like this in the crazy joke we call Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:51am On Aug 20, 2014
1EYO: HERE IS A THOUGHT, WHAT OF IF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE AFFECTED WITH THE EBOLA VIRUS ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY CURED AND ARE ALLOWED TO GO AMONG PEOPLE TO INFECT MORE PEOPLE. I AM BASING THIS THEORY ON THE FACT THAT THE GOOD DOCTOR THAT JUST DIED, WAS GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH BY THE GOVT AND NOW SHE IS DEAD. WHAT OF THE FOUR OTHER PATIENTS THAT WERE ALSO RELEASED, OR SA7D T8 HAVE BEEN CURED, WHAT RMTHEIR NAMES SO THAT WE CAN FOLLOW UP AND SEE IF THEY WILL STILL BE ALIVE .

Conspiracy to sell ZMAPP that is not even yet available in commercial quantities? why do we like cooking up imaginary conspiracy theories where none exists? well, i guess its now a national hobby
. continue.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:54am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP dear Doctor. A needless death if only Patrick Sawyer hadn't been so irrational. Her poor family... cry

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2014
Toks2008: This is why AMERICA WILL BE HATED by many countries.

A timely release of zmapp or whatever the name is would have saved this innocent lady.

This same trial drugs was used for three Americans but to send it to Nigeria,they gave crazy excuses.

I feel like using some unethical words on Obama but let me juat keep mum.
eh eh ehhhh!...a timely release of ZMAPP by America? you want to abuse obama for what? well, you must be a toddler because these comments could not have emanated from a matured mind.Let me spare you for now.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2014
Ikunle ,RIP Madam,Patrick sawyer were ever you are right now,u wil never known peace,including ur families to the fourth Generation,you this devil.Rot in the Hottess part of Hell.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by mbulela: 7:10am On Aug 20, 2014
The fraudulent way the govt is managing the information around this Ebola crisis will kill more than the disease itself.
All the report coming out from the office of the health minister are full of half truths and outright lies.
This woman was in coma and they were telling us that she was responding to treatment and all that.
Anyway,considering that this is the govt whose information minister posted few months ago that they had the vaccines for Ebola,I am not surprised.

May God grant the family of the woman the strength to bear the huge loss.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by echarlz(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2014
karidad: How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordinary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.

So, so, so disheartening? What kinda country is this?
Not even the loss of a bright mind who first made the diagnosis of a disease heralding an epidemic could curb some people's hatred for her profession. Knowing the risks involved, she still led others to care for the Liberian. Heroes and heroines like her are not celebrated in 9ja...SMH
Adieu Dr Stella Adadevoh...may Ur brave soul RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by mbulela: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Conspiracy to sell ZMAPP that is not even yet available in commercial quantities? why do we like cooking up imaginary conspiracy theories where none exists? well, i guess its now a national hobby
. continue.
I just tire for the illogical conspiracy theories. I am sure the manufacturers ate regretting having a leftover from previous tests. Else,this drama would not have happened.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2014
12inches1:
I'm sure you're a stark illiterate. It is not by compulsion a doctor must save lives. A doctor didn't come to earth with the sole responsibility of treating you. You pay and get treated or your government pays to subsidize what you pay. You can't force anybody to treat you. They didn't inflict you with the illness or hit you with a vehicle so how are they murderers?
Excellent!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports / A Must See Photo: Side Effect Of Using Booty Enlargement Pill / A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.