Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures (49229 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by deeptechcool(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2014
cirmuell: well I pitty whoever wasted his hard earned money to send a soul like you to school. This is the last quote of yours I'll ever entertain. U ain't worth the time.

#shalom
Bye, product of failed c0ndom
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by wolexino(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:
Did you say Ibadan?
Didn't you see long span aluminum roofs?
Where can you find such in Ibadan?

stay der make pant dey wear u, so all ibadan is covered with brown roofs? I pity u
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by lennymutai(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: And how many unis are in those countries?
I would be surprised if it is up to 10.
if we had only 10 unis in Nigeria gulping all the resources,then you'd have a point.
Nigeria is a very populous country.
Our priority is on availability in light of limited resources rather than superflous asthetics.
.There are over 20 public universities in kenya alone.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by royalty2013: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2014
Its gud to build good quality schs..but wia will d graduates wrk?
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by IGBOSON1: 9:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Is this one of the six new universities the federal gov't created recently?
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Atigba: 9:30am On Aug 20, 2014
EBELE TILL 2019
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by F117A: 9:30am On Aug 20, 2014
AZeD1:
Thats the point some of us are making. Its better to have 4 standard universities than have 100 mediocre universities.

We haven't solved the problems of the old ones and we are building more.
I dont think so.
We can see the effects of illiteracy in out society.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by semitunde: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Not Nigerians. Those hating on this thread are APC e-goats.

Shouldn't they first show us projects of architectural masterpiece from states under APC control?

Imagine the fools are comparing the Federal University of Lokoja established only 3 years ago with the University of Botswana that was established in 1982 as the FIRST institution of higher education in Botswana? Talk of comparing apples with oranges. Yeye dey smell!

Are you also swaying these new schools should not be compared to schools like OAU and UI that were built in the 50s and 60s?

Shiildbt these be even better considering that we are actually much richer than we were in the past?
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by F117A: 9:34am On Aug 20, 2014
AZeD1:
Thats the point some of us are making. Its better to have 4 standard universities than have 100 mediocre universities.

We haven't solved the problems of the old ones and we are building more.
That is being simplistic.
Having 4 unis gulping all the resources would mean less access to education and more problem for Nigeria.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Reference(m): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2014
lakpalakpa:

A Government that is unable to fund the existing Universities and Polytechnics has no business building new ones.

Isn't that why he's called a Kindergarten President??

grin grin

So where do you want the money to come from. Is it his fault that Nigerians reproduce like rabbits and then heap all the expenses on a government they are unwilling to pay taxes to or pay realistic, 'high quality tuition' for 'high quality educational services'.

Most people who condemn the system are the ones clogging it up. If only they could tell us how many kids they have or how many of their siblings government has to educate viz their entire tax contributions. It is the same critics that will berate private universities for demanding higher fees and indict those who pay.

They want someone else to square the circle and clean the dustbin. Just tired of the Nigerian hypocrisy and irresponsibility. They want steady power but they don't pay bills and hail their neighbour who steals power as 'smart'.

Anyone who has more than two kids or two siblings should not complain. Just suck it up and work hard to bridge the gap. Our oil revenues are not growing at par.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Lordlexyy: 9:34am On Aug 20, 2014
Good development i must say, but what is the need of having more universities when the challenges of the existing ones are not completely done with? Certain things must be taken into consideration b4 setting up a university if not you end up incumbating army of unemployable youths like what we are currently witnessing. Making politics with education is not healthy for our future.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by AZeD1(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: That is being simplistic.
Having 4 unis gulping all the resources would mean less access to education and more problem for Nigeria.
Universities have nothing to do with illiteracy/literacy.

Universities are not meant for everyone. All the people need is quality primary and secondary education.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by F117A: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2014
lennymutai: .There are over 20 public universities in kenya alone.
The decent schools in kenya are not more than 2 or 3.
None of their schools will make africa's top 10.
I hope you know there is a Nigerian school in top 10.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2014
AZeD1:
Big lie, they are in Ghana because Ghanaian universities are better and there are no strikes

First its not compulsory to have a federal university in every state. Second quality trumps quantity any day. Third quality universities will produce quality graduates who would go on to produce more jobs.. a multiplier effect while poor universities has led to the unemployment situation we have today

ASUU asked for N3 billion and the government couldn't give them and you are here talking about N200 billion? As for the 2nd part, when Fashola increased school fees, you called his government an elitist government, when he reduced it, you celebrated so how are the universities supposed to raise money?
If you continue fuming all over the place you'll only die of hate.

Meanwhile, I deal with FACTS not sentiments.

Here is a proof of the N200 billion intervention fund for existing universities, including state universities.
ASUU Chairman flays sharing formula of N200 billion Nigerian universities’ fund Arodiegwu Eziukwu-5 months ago

The money was shared 80:20, in favour of federal universities.

The Niger Delta University chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has kicked against the sharing formula adopted for the N200 billion government funds to public universities.

The fund was one of the agreements ASUU had with the federal government after a five-month strike.

The chapter’s chairman, Beke Sese, said on Thursday that the sharing formula was skewed in favour of the federal universities. He said giving 80 per cent to federal universities and 20 per cent to state universities was not equitable and unacceptable.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/158010-ASUU-chairman-flays-sharing-formula-n200-billion-university-fund.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2713936255
The FACTS show that the major reasons why Nigerians go to Ghana for higher education because of lack of space in Nigeria
How Ghana Sub-Standard Universities Fleece Nigerian Students
02 Mar 2014

After a recent tour of Accra-Ghana, Damilola Oyedele writes on the rising trend of Nigerians attending SUB-STANDARD universities in Ghana and how these schools take advantage of the situation in Nigeria’s educational system to fleece Nigerian students
Ibrahim Abubakar (not real name) chose to go to Ghana for his university education. He is a second year Information Technology student at King’s University, a private institution established in 2009. Abubakar is one of the rising numbers of young Nigerians who opt to study in Ghana as a way to escape the perceived difficulties of ACCESSING university education in Nigeria.

In his bid however, Abubakar may not be receiving qualitative education. In a chat with this writer during the flight from Accra to Abuja, he disclosed that he was finding it hard to secure admission into any Nigerian school because he did not garner enough credits in his Senior School Certificate Exams nor meet the cut off marks for the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board. He pays $4000 per session in addition to another $1800 for accommodation.

Ghana provided the easy way out for him and others.

Read more
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-ghana-s-sub-standard-universities-fleece-nigerian-students/172808/
So my guy, your emotional rants have no iota of facts.

Time will not permit me to fully address other gibberish in your post. But suffice to say that I did not celebrate the reduction of school fees by Fashola. Fashola did the RIGHT thing in a WRONG way. It is crazy to increase schools fees by over 700% at once. Only mad people like Fashola would even contemplate that. RIGHT thing should be done the RIGHT way. He should have increased the school fees gradually over a period of time.

Also, there is no way you can determine the QUALITY of education in a school by architectural design of the buildings. One can also get QUALITY education under a tree.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Reference(m): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2014
The question I would ask Nigerians is. Which will you prefer, 1 child to ABC university at N 500,000 per annum or 10 children in XYZ university at N 50,000 per annum. Think carefully.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by F117A: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2014
AZeD1:
Universities have nothing to do with illiteracy/literacy.

Universities are not meant for everyone. All the people need is quality primary and secondary education.
Okay maybe that is the wrong word but it doesn't change my point.
Inadequate unis especially in the north have resulted in the creation of millions of invalids.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by F117A: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2014
Reference:

So where do you want the money to come from. Is it his fault that Nigerians reproduce like rabbits and then heap all the expenses on a government they are unwilling to pay taxes to or pay realistic, 'high quality tuition' for 'high quality educational services'.

Most people who condemn the system are the ones clogging it up. If only they could tell us how many kids they have or how many of their siblings government has to educate viz their entire tax contributions. It is the same critics that will berate private universities for demanding higher fees and indict those who pay.

They want someone else to square the circle and clean the dustbin. Just tired of the Nigerian hypocrisy and irresponsibility. They want steady power but they don't pay bills and hail their neighbour who steals power as 'smart'.

Anyone who has more than two kids or two siblings should not complain. Just suck it up and work hard to bridge the gap. Our oil revenues are not growing at par.
Thank you very much.
Most Nigerians are very simplistic.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by IGBOSON1: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Bororojo: I am not even going to go far, no Europe, no America, no East Asia, I will show you guyz Universities from within Africa here that look much better than our glorified detention camps and institutions here in Nigeria.

Here is the University of Botswana, anyone sees a difference??

^^^Looks like they have loads of foreign students.....kinda like Nigerian universities had in the past!
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Eeser: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2014
The vice chancellor of the university Prof Abdul Mumin Rafindadi a consultant and professor of histopathology a native of katsina state was my CMD at ABUTH. Kudos to an achiever. JOHESU, see what medical doctors are doing huh? Bad belle
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by JABB(m): 10:01am On Aug 20, 2014
Just to let Everyone know..... the the students are not much for now what we have is just two hundred level the more students they have the more the facilities Deteriorate.........of course you and i know the weaknesses we have in terms of maintenance and upgrade. Give the school Ten yrs more and see what it becomes grin
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by AZeD1(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
If you continue fuming all over the place you'll only die of hate.

Meanwhile, I deal with FACTS not sentiments.

Here is a proof of the N200 billion intervention fund for existing universities, including state universities.

The FACTS show that the major reasons why Nigerians go to Ghana for higher education because of lack of space in Nigeria

So my guy, your emotional rants have no iota of facts.
http://www.channelstv.com/2013/12/03/ASUU-strike-fresh-demands-do-not-make-sense-okupe/

Which facts are you talking about? N200 billion that's about 10% of what ASUU asked for during their last strike? By the way, can you tell the whole Nairaland how much ASUU asked for during the last strike?

Please show me the facts that show Nigerians go to Ghana because of lack of space.

PS: i know lots of people that left Nigerian universities to Ghana during the 2003 strike.....

Waiting for your facts
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by AZeD1(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Okay maybe that is the wrong word but it doesn't change my point.
[b]Inadequate unis [/b]especially in the north have resulted in the creation of millions of invalids.
No poor primary and secondary schools created that. I repeat, universities are not for everybody.

Jaguar, Airbus and Rolls Royce have apprentice programs where they employ people straight out of high school and train them. Now imagine a country where graduates are unemployable what then is the faith of secondary school graduates.

Polytechnics and Technical school also have a role to play but because Nigerians are so focused on paper certificates, we think being educated means being a graduate.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
Thats my state!
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2014
AZeD1:
http://www.channelstv.com/2013/12/03/ASUU-strike-fresh-demands-do-not-make-sense-okupe/

Which facts are you talking about? N200 billion that's about 10% of what ASUU asked for during their last strike? By the way, can you tell the whole Nairaland how much ASUU asked for during the last strike?

Please show me the facts that show Nigerians go to Ghana because of lack of space.

PS: i know lots of people that left Nigerian universities to Ghana during the 2003 strike.....

Waiting for your facts

Did you check the date of your link? Why are you posting links of reports written during the last ASUU strike? My guy, things have moved far beyond your silly link. In case you dont know, the ASUU strike was later called off and govt released the first disbursement of N200 billion, which is already being accessed by the various schools.

ThisDay did an investigative report on Ghana universities and NUC had already raised concerns about quack higher institutions in Ghana. I've also seen reports on TV about schools in Ghana. If you have anything to the contrary, pls lets have it here
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/nigerians-pilgrimage-to-ghanas-portakabin-universities/
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by AZeD1(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Did you check the date of your link? Why are you posting links of reports written during the last ASUU strike? My guy, things have moved far beyond your silly link. In case you dont know, the ASUU strike was later called off and govt released the first disbursement of N200 billion, which is already being accessed by the various schools.

ThisDay did an investigative report on Ghana universities and NUC had already raised concerns about quack higher institutions in Ghana. I've also seen reports on TV about schools in Ghana. If you have anything to the contrary, pls lets have it here
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/nigerians-pilgrimage-to-ghanas-portakabin-universities/
Oga the point is simple we have issues with the current universities and instead of the government addressing it, its adding to the problem.
Quality triumphs quantity every time. Building more universities doesn't solve the half-baked graduate issues in Nigeria does it?

For the last time, the people who go to Ghana don't do so because they can't get admission in Nigeria. It is easier and cheaper to get admission to a private university in Nigeria than in Ghana.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by ugoezeik(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2014
lakpalakpa: A new bakery to annually churn out half-baked educated illiterates..

angry angry angry
such a fool! Must u politicise everything? U r such a pathetic being
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Cheayi(f): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2014
Still not impressed, I have seen better.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by MRLANNISTER(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes:
Can't you be positive for once. angry

POSITIVE ABOUT WHAT , IF I MAY ASK?
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by GEJOfficial: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rich4god: Nice one...GEJ till....

No time for politics now. I appreciate your support though. We are trying to build a nation first, politics later
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by GEJOfficial: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cheayi: Still not impressed, I have seen better.

You can never please a man, or a woman.
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Louislewis: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Quite unfortunate that some of you are clapping for the "Good for Nothing" structures you saw in the pictures. What you saw is just like the worst structures you can find in the elementary schools in USA. When will our government be serious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha / Nigerian Girl Who Speaks 5 Foreign Languages At 22 / Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.