Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno (2302 Views)

Soldiers And Shiites Clash In Zaria, Seven Killed / Why People Are Deserting Enugu's Best Food Restaurant / Female Suicide Bombers Kill Three Soldiers And Six Civilain JTF In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2014
There is a thread on the FP dat talked about south east soldiers refusing deployment to. Borrnno; n someone commented as thus

{Quote}. by HAH: 4:35pm On Aug 19
Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something {quote}

This commentator; I do believe is spot on; soldiers are deserting d aarmy; I know BTW ; this crop of soldiers have never witnessed war; n almost all miltary men; enrolled to brutalize civilians n become Local champions(we all knw dis) perhaps dey 4got d reality will set in;

I believe we have insiders (soldiers n officers) in dis house; pls come in n give us ur opinion; wat u think, (its an anonymous forum). So U well covered. Ugo ; n d rest we re waiting!!!

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2014
It's foolhardy to kick at thorns without shoes....

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by bastien: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2014
Lol...... Some name big man pikin wey dey go NDA dem no dey even sit 4 d exam let alone interview.

I write d exam 2011,after I hear say na 50 each dem dey pick for each states, I just no check d result again.......How many we b for ma state for Lagos centre, I no know about other state centres. Results wey take 3month to come out smh

No connection wire lesser

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by ikweremilitant: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2014
smartchoice: It's foolhardy to kick at thorns without shoes....
ha! Dis wan na wahala o.i have said it,nija is paying for negligence nd stupidity.
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by malele(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Nobody wants to die for this good country filled with excess useless and corrupt human beings.
If U want to know whether those soldiers running away has Moral,let Boko attack there state.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2014
smartchoice: It's foolhardy to kick at thorns without shoes....
U know what? I do not believe the militants re more armed dan our military; buh I do know we need modern military. Hardware!!!

We have the aair command, d Naval hardwars, n our foot soldiers, n u still believe d boko boiz (99% being civilians, donot 4get) u think re better armed, n well exposed? Dats not true

More of d defeats our trroops suffer is more tru, ambushing!!! Our military re just too arrogant to sccept it; more so; the compensation package 4 soldiers is too low 2 risk dia lives; knowing wwat their families face!!! In their demise; I won't blame dem!!!

Dis will tell u it is more of tactics, the boko commanders re good tactitians; pls we need dem as our officers!!!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by idupaul: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2014
Raymondenyi:
My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.
!

Brilliant and truthful analysis ... I have said this from the onset that the average Nigerian can never make a good soldier as they are never commited to anything except money and a chance to be a local champion , infact last week I was thinking why the FG will not outsource this war to the Chadians for 2 billion dollars while we restructure our military by rearming them and recruiting brave hearts and not all this facebook\2go military officers whose only skills is to be changing display pics on social media with the aim of getting free puzzy from small clueless girls who drool over starched uniforms .. I know it is hard for Giant like Nigeria to allopw a small army like the chadians enter our borders but that would be the quick solution to all this.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by bolaino(m): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2014
Raymondenyi: There is a thread on the FP dat talked about south east soldiers refusing deployment to. Borrnno; n someone commented as thus

Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

This commentator; I do believe is spot on; soldiers are deserting d aarmy; I know BTW ; this crop of soldiers have never witnessed war; n almost all miltary men; enrolled to brutalize civilians n become Local champions(we all knw dis) perhaps dey 4got d reality will set in;

I believe we have insiders (soldiers n officers) in dis house; pls come in n give us ur opinion; wat u think, (its an anonymous forum). So U well covered. Ugo ; n d rest we re waiting!!!
In as much as i respect the Nigerian Armed forces, I would be lying to myself if I said the army has what it takes to fight the next crop of terrorists. Hardline terrorists might be coming to the country soon from Al qaeda in the Maghreb, these are seasoned desert warriors, who have slaughtered both professional military men and innocent women and Children, they have years of combat experience, Guerrilla warfare is their game, And with these stories we are hearing about Mutiny in the army, Morale is really going down, I hope our military gets the training and equipment they need to fight this war on terror, if not, we would be in serious problems, you guys still don't understand the scope of this war on terror, there is no end to it, may God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by kelvin1191(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2014
Boko haram are not well equiped than the Nigerian army but our commanders are having a good buiz with the insurgency. They always keep our hardware and allow our soldiers to go fight with AK47?

How do u want them to end insurgency when after planning, our commanders will go leak the info to the BH guys and they will ambush and slaughter our soldiers?

How do u want insurgency to end when air support is called of @ the last minuite when the soldiers are already in d battle ground.?
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by san316(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2014
I know a story of a deserter who joined the army because he wanted to serve. His parents were rich kano traders, so he joined for the love of the army. What happened: he was deployed to borno 6 months after POP. On the battle field, hostilities started btw the army and bh. Suddenly, he saw one of the ppl that trained him in depot fighting on the side of bh. He almost ran mad. He thinned out, took off his uniform and ran to the road unclad. Here, he boarded the first available vehicle back to kano. Now he's a business man. (THE END) Did any1 say bh will end soon? Hmm, story for olodumare.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Ewizard(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2014
Na only 4 nigeria na I see soldier wey dey dey online 24/7.. 2go,whatsapp,bbm.
Well,anytym I ping am.. "Babana,morn sir!"
Him go still reply me "otondo hw u dey?"
Am like.."4 ur mind u dey hear dey fight boko ba??..
And his bbm profile is showin listening to "drake-worst behaviour.mp3"
Smh!

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by idupaul: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2014
san316: I know a story of a deserter who joined the army because he wanted to serve. His parents were rich kano traders, so he joined for the love of the army. What happened: he was deployed to borno 6 months after POP. On the battle field, hostilities started btw the army and bh. Suddenly, he saw one of the ppl that trained him in depot fighting on the side of bh. He almost ran mad. He thinned out, took off his uniform and ran to the road unclad. Here, he boarded the first available vehicle back to kano. Now he's a business man. (THE END) Did any1 say bh will end soon? Hmm, story for olodumare.

How did his trainer fighting on the side of BH suddenly change his resolve to serve his nation.. That ur friend was looking for any excuse to flee the battle front when he realised there was more to being a soldier than just flexing khaki
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2014
idupaul:
not all this facebook\2go military officers whose only skills is to be changing display pics on social media with the aim of getting free puzzy from small clueless girls who drool over starched uniforms.
Lol. Funny but true.

The OP captured my EXACT views about the disgraceful institution called the Nigerian Military. Bunch of cowards whose ONLY specialty is oppressing civilians and engaging in barbaric shows of strength against easy/unarmed/defenceless targets. . .burning BRT buses and generally making a fool of themselves.

The fact that Boko Haram fighters are mostly ill-trained, rag-tag "bloody civilians" and YET have been able to overpower the Nigerian Military elicits some sort of schadenfraude in me, to be honest. It shows that the only edge the military has over the "bloody civilians" they enjoy oppressing is that they are armed. If ordinary civilians were to bear even small arms, I believe a mere civilian uprising will easily run the military out of town.

I shudder to imagine what will happen when we have a REAL, full-blown war on our hands. Boko Haram is child's play, yet our local champion soldiers are peeing in their pants . . .they now know that there is more to being a solder than administering 'frog jump' to unarmed and innocent civilians. If a second Biafra War were to break out today, the current Nigerian military will be defeated in a matter of weeks or months.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by malele(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2014
bolaino: In as much as i respect the Nigerian Armed forces, I would be lying to myself if I said the army has what it takes to fight the next crop of terrorists. Hardline terrorists might be coming to the country soon from Al qaeda in the Maghreb, these are seasoned desert warriors, who have slaughtered both professional military men and innocent women and Children, they have years of combat experience, Guerrilla warfare is their game, And with these stories we are hearing about Mutiny in the army, Morale is really going down, I hope our military gets the training and equipment they need to fight this war on terror, if not, we would be in serious problems, you guys still don't understand the scope of this war on terror, there is no end to it, may God help us all.

Bro well said.
We nigerians play with this boko haram of a thing.
We are so relaxed, after all its happening in the north.
I just pray bigger devils like ISIS and alqeada does not join there brodas boko haram ( which might happen when dey are Done in iraq), because if it happens everywere in nigeria will be Consumed.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by bolaino(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2014
malele:

Bro well said.
We nigerians play with this boko haram of a thing.
We are so relaxed, after all its happening in the north.
I just pray bigger devils like ISIS and alqeada does not join there brodas boko haram ( which might happen when dey are Done in iraq), because if it happens everywere in nigeria will be Consumed.
you're very right my Good sire.
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
san316: I know a story of a deserter who joined the army because he wanted to serve. His parents were rich kano traders, so he joined for the love of the army. What happened: he was deployed to borno 6 months after POP. On the battle field, hostilities started btw the army and bh. Suddenly, he saw one of the ppl that trained him in depot fighting on the side of bh. He almost ran mad. He thinned out, took off his uniform and ran to the road unclad. Here, he boarded the first available vehicle back to kano. Now he's a business man. (THE END) Did any1 say bh will end soon? Hmm, story for olodumare.
kelvin1191: Boko haram are not well equiped than the Nigerian army but our commanders are having a good buiz with the insurgency. They always keep our hardware and allow our soldiers to go fight with AK47?

How do u want them to end insurgency when after planning, our commanders will go leak the info to the BH guys and they will ambush and slaughter our soldiers?

How do u want insurgency to end when air support is called of @ the last minuite when the soldiers are already in d battle ground.?

. Broj I can bet u to a reasonable degree of certaainty; dat guy never saw nothing; d reality of war dawned on him; n he scampered!!!!b
Him painting up stories butresses his cowardise further;

I still hold my tents of reasoning teneciously; boko boiz re not well armed; against our boiz; the issue I think; is more of low moral; n d pressing need for modern hardwares; to reduce casualty on ourside; n recon. Operations; cuuz 4rm my own Vantage ; I believe tactics; is very poor; our soldiers re overrun by more of ambush; wwhich tells us recon. N tactics change is very much needed; we need smart commanders!!!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Raymondenyi: . Broj I can bet u to a reasonable degree of certaainty; dat guy never saw nothing; d reality of war dawned on him; n he scampered!!!!b

I still hold my tents of reasoning teneciously; boko boiz re not well armed; against our boiz; the issue I think; is more of low moral; n d pressing need for modern hardwares; to reduce casualty on ourside; n recon. Operations; cuuz 4rm my own Vantage ; I believe tactics; is very poor; our soldiers re overrun by more of ambush; wwhich tells us recon. N tactics change is very much needed; we need smart commanders!!!

What gives you competitive advantage over your adversary? Commensurate assets or far superior assets, that incapacitate the ability of your adversary to contend with you.

It’s pretty obvious that Boko seems to have limitless supplies of RPG7’s, AK’s, GPMG (Incl. 50cal) and then the deal breaker 20mm-30mm mounted on pick-ups. Not particularly accurate as they are not stabilised and or with optic sights, but are devastating at 500m. It will rip to shreds our main frontal assault vehicle the light armoured Otokar Cobra which we use as an IFV, which it is completely not.

Facing up to a Boko technical with a 20mm in an Otokar Cobra is simply suicide. So what advantage do we actually have over Boko, numbers? We have a dead Air force in terms of capacity to deliver expected outcomes on the modern battlefield. Does anybody realise that some of our so called modern airframes are 30+ years old.

Consider we have heard reports of soldiers with their antiquated AK47's issued 60 rounds to go into battle with, that is what should be called wilful negligence and dereliction of duty and the top brass should be sent to court martial for sending men to die callously.

So what advantage therefore does the NA have over Boko under these circumstances

When a born coward has the right SUPERIOR WEAPONRY even he becomes a brave man of valour,

Without the right equipment a brave soldier has to run , that's not cowardice but Wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by san316(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Raymondenyi: . Broj I can bet u to a reasonable degree of certaainty; dat guy never saw nothing; d reality of war dawned on him; n he scampered!!!!b

Guy we are saying thesame thing. I know alot more than u may think. The army is failing for so many reasons amng whch r low morale, sabotage mst especially and poor equipment. I stay in d barracks n many soldiers wld rather file 4 discharge than go to borno to fight Bh.
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Kirinwa: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
idupaul:

How did his trainer fighting on the side of BH suddenly change his resolve to serve his nation.. That ur friend was looking for any excuse to flee the battle front when he realised there was more to being a soldier than just flexing khaki

Such situations you wouldn't understand until you witness it first hand. Its just like your childhood friend straffing your wife on your matrimonial bed.Somebody you could lay down your life for.

Am not saying what that dude said is true o.Am just weighing the circumstances.
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
exactly. I know of a soldier who told me a similar tale. he was sent on counter terrorist training before deployment to borno. during a routine patrol to baga, they clashed with some BH guys and lo one of the BH was his counter terrorist teacher

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by ugo4u: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
smiles

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by lilprinze: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
when FG has refused to give them more sophisticated weapons to fight BH why won't they run when they know that they cannot conquer BH with the kind of weapons they have . BH now use m4, m60 RPG and general-purpose machine guns while our own soliders use common ak47.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by meforyou1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Op, u are a pure and applied liar. Spoke with a relative service officer in Maiduguri last week. All you say is a lie. Don't want to start banding words with you and start saying what I'm not supposed to be saying. Just know our gallant military are defeating the terrorists, so don't come here and start writing a rubbish so long a letter
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by edo3(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
ugo4u: @ op u de find my mouth abi!!!!!!.
To an extent u are not far 4rm d truth majoritty of people that joined the brotherhood did that out of frustration (unemployment) buh I can assure u d@ most of us @ cadet level know the task ahead of us upon commisioning, one thing I know is that we have the most brilliant set of officer cadet in the history of the academy dating back from 60th regular course I bet u BH days are numbered with d kind of sophisticated intelligence and home grown technology being implored by d armed forces which is highly classified d days of d supporters of APC are numbered all we need is ur prayer and support it is nevva easy as many Nigerians think, we train brutally hard, remember this are young officers from 22-24yrs that bare d rain of bullets in the bush wen u r all asleep, have patience for we see this problem as "INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT" (cadet level) it will only make us stronger.. AYE
sit down make pant wear u...D era of strong minded cadets is gone N is gone 4 gud...Wt s d level of ur endurance??60th regular my foot...dey there dey romance afaka in d name of endurance..ruggedity died wt d introductn of female cadets..
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by edo3(m): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
idupaul:

Brilliant and truthful analysis ... I have said this from the onset that the average Nigerian can never make a good soldier as they are never commited to anything except money and a chance to be a local champion , infact last week I was thinking why the FG will not outsource this war to the Chadians for 2 billion dollars while we restructure our military by rearming them and recruiting brave hearts and not all this facebook\2go military officers whose only skills is to be changing display pics on social media with the aim of getting free puzzy from small clueless girls who drool over starched uniforms .. I know it is hard for Giant like Nigeria to allopw a small army like the chadians enter our borders but that would be the quick solution to all this.
Well said sir..
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2014
meforyou1: Op, u are a pure and applied liar. Spoke with a relative service officer in Maiduguri last week. All you say is a lie. Don't want to start banding words with you and start saying what I'm not supposed to be saying. Just know our gallant military are defeating the terrorists, so don't come here and start writing a rubbish so long a letter
bro pls try to be reasonable; what do u exxxpect; ur serving broda in maidugiri to tell you? Dat his men re deserting? Or pprobabbly he has even joined? Broda they re some informations daat re not just paassed to d public; no matter ur supposed relationship!!! Try to wear ur logical binoculars sire!!!
lilprinze: when FG has refused to give them more sophisticated weapons to fight BH why won't they run when they know that they cannot conquer BH with the kind of weapons they have . BH now use m4, m60 RPG and general-purpose machine guns while our own soliders use common ak47.
Bro; in as much as I totally accept; dat we need modern hardwares; I'll like to startle you to d reality , dat upto 1/3 of the boko boiz armoury's were seized 4rm the NA ;

1 Like

Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2014
meforyou1: Op, u are a pure and applied liar. Spoke with a relative service officer in Maiduguri last week. All you say is a lie. Don't want to start banding words with you and start saying what I'm not supposed to be saying. Just know our gallant military are defeating the terrorists, so don't come here and start writing a rubbish so long a letter
bro pls try to be reasonable; what do u exxxpect; ur serving broda in maidugiri to tell you? Dat his men re deserting? Or pprobabbly he has even joined? Broda they re some informations daat re not just paassed to d public; no matter ur supposed relationship!!! Try to wear ur logical binoculars sire!!!
lilprinze: when FG has refused to give them more sophisticated weapons to fight BH why won't they run when they know that they cannot conquer BH with the kind of weapons they have . BH now use m4, m60 RPG and general-purpose machine guns while our own soliders use common ak47.
Bro; in as much as I totally accept; dat we need modern hardwares; I'll like to startle you to d reality , dat upto 1/3 of the boko boiz armoury's were seized 4rm the NA ;
ugo4u: @ op u de find my mouth abi!!!!!!.
To an extent u are not far 4rm d truth majoritty of people that joined the brotherhood did that out of frustration (unemployment) buh I can assure u d@ most of us @ cadet level know the task ahead of us upon commisioning, one thing I know is that we have the most brilliant set of officer cadet in the history of the academy dating back from 60th regular course I bet u BH days are numbered with d kind of sophisticated intelligence and home grown technology being implored by d armed forces which is highly classified d days of d supporters of APC are numbered all we need is ur prayer and support it is nevva easy as many Nigerians think, we train brutally hard, remember this are young officers from 22-24yrs that bare d rain of bullets in the bush wen u r all asleep, have patience for we see this problem as "INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT" (cadet level) it will only make us stronger.. AYE
. I respect d military so much; I havve tot of enrolling severally; but yet, I think they drag there names to the moud, by there indiscretions (disgraceful) ; it teks yrs to build reputations; but a single act to shred it.
careytommy:
exactly. I know of a soldier who told me a similar tale. he was sent on counter terrorist training before deployment to borno. during a routine patrol to baga, they clashed with some BH guys and lo one of the BH was his counter terrorist teacher
I believe d soldier dat gave u dat tale; is also a deserter; they come up with different mockable tales; to hide or shroud in vain what they really. "COWARD"
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by oduastates: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2014
An army is only as good as her commanders.
Right from the commander in chief to the minister's son who luxuriates in Abuja and putting the salaries of the troops in fixed deposit accounts ,it is mediocrity and corruption galore .
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Adminisher: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
There are some changes required in the Nigerian Army but the main problem is the CIC. We actually have the worst Presidnt in the history of Nigeria and this is without prejudice to some of the achievements of the PDP government in terms of FDI attraction, ICT and agricutture. The President by his personal nature cannot command the armed forces effectively and equip the airforce properly for instance. A few months ago his handlers brought in a sort of super minister defence but that one has faded away under the insubordination of the buffoon CDS a former CAS who has not flown a combat jet before in his life. Whether you want to face facts about your President or not, expect the Boko Haram goons to continue to make gains against the military until things get really bad enough and what needs to happen happens.

I believe we have insiders (soldiers n officers) in dis house; pls come in n give us ur opinion; wat u think, (its an anonymous forum). So U well covered. Ugo ; n d rest we re waiting!!! [/quote]
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I believe d soldier dat gave u dat tale; is also a deserter; they come up with different mockable tales; to hide or shroud in vain what they really. "COWARD"
no boss. I personally know him. he is corporal and he was only redeployed back to his base because he eye and hearing problems
Re: Soldiers And Military Officers Deserting Borno by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
The Chadian Army train with the French annually.

(1) (Reply)

In One Word Describe This Wonderful Picture / Jubilation;history To Be Made As Buhari The Thomas Sankara Of Our Time Emerges / President Robert Mugabe Message On The Xenophobic Attacks In SA (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.