Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (37017 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish:

Ofcourse, anyone supporting the truth would be part of his cabinet. If you actually know what you are talking about, then you would know why doctors are still on strike, then know how many percentage of us are actually in support of the strike. Do you think Doctors enjoy being on strike? When we could be out there helping our people. We are under a body, whether we like it or not, we will have to do what they feel is good for us as they represent us. We swore an oath and that is the important thing.
Secondly, that the Federal Government couldn't take measures to ensure that Ebola never came into the country shouldn't come as surprise to you. You know fully well the kind of country we are in, and the protocols and procedures it would take to initiate such. Well, that happened, it is now in the past, and they are doing a very good job to contain it now and are not struggling like you think. Try and be a tad supportive of your government, and not saying they've failed.

Are you sure you can hear yourself cos you're not sounding like a doctor to me.

First and foremost, the best action against a deadly virus without any known cure...worse than HIV is prevention. The fact that they are struggling to contain it now means they have failed.

Where was the minister when Labaran maku was boasting back in April that Nigeria has stockpiles of vaccine to fight the ebola virus and that we are well prepared for any eventualities? Why did he not refute the claim? Isn't that suppose to be his responsibility considering the magnitude of the epidemic?

Now on the strike issue, just before the first ebola case was reported in Nigeria, the NMA called for a round table discussion with the health minister so as to negotiates their demands but he ignored them and later on resorted to threats by using the federal government. Was that the right step for him to take?

Now Ebola has come, and it highlights the risks of what our medical doctors are facing and shows their plight, yet nothing has been done to give them a audience and attend to their issues. Just yesterday, It was announced that the Doctor that treated Sawyer died; the minister had not deem it fit to make a statement and possibly compensate the family of the poor woman.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ephemm(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

You are a mo//ron..... A full blown mor//on!

Doctor ElFenomeno 1 tongue Abeg no vex, don't take this to heart too much embarassed accept my condolences grin

But hunger go kill you after dem don sack you sooooo

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Ela59: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala:
A simple question..
If it is not possible to excavate & furnish us with accounts of political & non-political office holders since 2008 as you suggest in your post, are you suggesting that the minister should therefore be TOLERATED and FORGIVEN and totally left of the hook (even if he's actually guilty)?
50yrs is not too late for justice to prevail. But because of the type of political atmosphere we find ourselves. If idi amin is from your tribe/religion killing million from other tribe is justifiable .

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ephemm(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala: You do not support corrupt practices but you can tolerate corruption?... What are you talking about?.. What I understand from your post above is that Nigerians should TOLERATE the man's filth because it was committed 6 years ago.

Do you realise that those developed countries which you admire for being relatively free of corruption, it takes a certain level of decisiveness and intolerance to corruption for them to achieve their present status?... In developed countries people are punished for crimes they committed 30 years ago all because substantial evidence was only recently made available by someone (maybe a friend) who due to vendetta decides to spill the beans now....

The moment Nigerians learn to ask only important questions (did he committed the crime or not?) and overlook the underlying political/religious/ethnic reason why the witness decided to come forward, the better for our nation.

Doctor Obailala tongue Abeg no vex, don't take this to heart too much embarassed accept my condolences grin

why did you not notice his corruption before he fired your stinking ass? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by dontalk: 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala:
A simple question..
If it is not possible to excavate & furnish us with accounts of political & non-political office holders since 2008 as you suggest in your post, are you suggesting that the minister should therefore be TOLERATED and FORGIVEN and totally left of the hook (even if he's actually guilty)?

If only you can convict him then you can nail him.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Iykenson(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
phantom:

what do you think "relieved of his duty for proper investigation to be carried out" means?
please comprehend.
did u see the report of the investigation that found him culpable for fraud?

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by otswag(m): 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
hotmolo: D post says he was relieved for proper investigation to b carried out not dat he was found guilty nd sacked. Its normal for heads of organisations to b removed or resign in order not to interfer in an investigation. So long as he wasn't indicted, I see no issue here
when people of high esteem are suspended/sacked, its almost always presented to the public in a less embarrassing way just for respect sake. Even when managers of football clubs are fired, the public is told that d contract was dissolved,based,on mutual agreement when we all know better so what is your point here? It says alot about the credibility of d minister.To be honest, I agree that this information coming out now suggests its meant to tarnish his image but that doesnt make the release of this info wrong if its true. We should all be aware of the kind of people we make our leaders. It shows Nigerians are the architects of their own problems because someone with this questionable history should not be awarded a leadership position

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by shizzle11(m): 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cant find anywhere that says he was indicted, propaganda at work, some people will surely die prematurely out of hate...Amen

bunch of f ctards

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by shizzle11(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
ephemm:

Doctor Obailala tongue Abeg no vex, don't take this to heart too much embarassed accept my condolences grin

dont mind the hypocrites...fOOLS!

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala:
In summary, your argument is that he is being witch hunted or blackmailed by the sacked doctors or whoever and therefore even if he is guilty, he should be TOLERATED and FORGIVEN because the allegations against him has a political undertone.

Sadly, a lot of Nigerians share your ideology and that is exactly why our leaders will continue to steal with impunity; they know their followers will definitely defend them even with the most ridiculous excuses. Unfortunately these ridiculous excuses do not seem ridiculous to most Nigerians. Several people on this thread have insinuated the same NMA blackmail and the basis of their argument being, "why is it now that they have decided to raise this issue?"

Now my own ideology is simple, a thief is a thief and when a suspect is caught, the ONLY question that should be asked is "did he really steal or not." It shouldn't be the business of the law why the key witness decides to come forward with a statement only now. The political or religious or ethnic or economic reason responsible for the case being resurrected now should be inconsequential and the only thing which matters should be "did he really steal or not; that is how things work in developed nations.. There should be zero tolerance for corruption irrespective of individual affiliations
Seriously I agree wit u on this, they should be zero tolerance wen it comes to corruption.

My issue is wit de timing, considering wen de event took place 3,4,5,6 years ago and no body said a tyn abt it.

Really if we are fighting corruption lets do it with all sincerity not wen event over took event.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by datribune: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
dis shameless piece of mudslinging & cheap blackmail is d pathetic fight back of d greedy nigerian doctors who for too long hav used their conscienceless, selfish, murderous strikes to hold d nation by d throat & extort lopsided, bogus & humongous deals out of dis hapless country. Nigerians hav seen their rapacious list of demands & ar solidly behind d govt in stopping d plunder. d mud will not stick. Good call Mr minister, sack dem all.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by giles14(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
sexylogan: Only in Nigeria

Category:News | Date:2008-09-20

N36m fraud hits Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital, CMD sacked

The Ebonyi State government has uncovered fraud to the tune of N36 million at the state University Teaching Hospital, causing the State Government to sack the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu.

The Nation gathered that the fraud was padded up in the allowances and arrears to be paid to resident doctors, when government demanded for vouchers to be prepared for the payment of resident doctors’ accumulated allowances and arrears.

Sources revealed that there was additional N36 million naira to the total sum of N200 million, which was the actual amount that was supposed to be the accumulated wage bill causing the state government to suspect that the hospital management did not provide the actual figure for the payment of the allowances and arrears.

In its efforts to carryout investigation into the matter, the State Government decided to relieve the Chief Medical Director, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu, of his position for what source described as "genuine investigation of the fraud."

This development, a source said, led to the indefinite industrial action embarked upon by the resident doctors in the state teaching hospital.

A new Chief Medical Director has been appointed. He is Dr. Ekuma Aja, a renowned consultant surgeon and retired rear admiral of the Nigeria Navy.

Hospital sources noted that the new CMD faced a herculian task in his new duty as a lot of needless actions were taken by the CMD in terms of victimization of some medical personnel on tribal grounds.

Reacting to the matter, a public analyst in the state, Mr. George Nwankwo, called on the State Government to establish a general hospital in Abakaliki metropolis, stressing that the absence of a general hospital has made lifre difficult for the people.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=63338
hw much were u paid to post Dis. it's very bad on.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Image123(m): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Duh, so Sanusi former cbn governor can also be said of as sacked for fraud?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish:
If only you can open your eyes and see that this man HAS ACTUALLY DONE A GREAT JOB, far better than most Health Ministers Nigeria has ever had. Most of the Ministers that were appointed together with him are no longer on seat, but he still is.

You say he has done a great Job better than his predecessors with the recent strike action he has left unattended to and the scourge of ebola that they carelessly ignored until it became out of hand. Did all these happen under his predecessors? You're such a comedian and this goes further to prove that you're either related to him or you're in his cabinet as I earlier stated.

FreshKatFish:

And BTW, the recent sack of Resident Doctors WAS NEVER the Minister's doing, he wasn't even aware of this as he was not even around when that happened, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. This is from a VERY reliable source, TRUST ME!!

What's your reliable source. I can see now you're very close to the minister hence your bigoted responses. The fact that he is not aware means he is not living up to his responsibilities. He is the one that is supposed to be sacked and not the poor resident doctors. Am sure if you were one of the affected, you won't come here talking nonsense. Were almost in an epidemic and the country's medical institution is boiling under his watch and "he was not aware" and "wasn't around"

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
ephemm:

In Nigeria, if the president goofs and you complain, You must be APC (even if you are a foreigner, you must have been bought by APC) undecided
If fashola or tinubu goofs and you complain, then you must be PDP.. undecided
Now it is doctors vs FG. If you criticize the health minister (irrespective of what the criticism is about), you must be a doctor undecided

The childish mentality of Nigerian politics stinks...
@ephemm: Not everyone is silly enough to play your petty games. Please leave me out of it

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by nagoma(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Morotov1: I presumed the poster is a doctor.

It doesn't matter who posted it. What matters is whether the man is innocent or guilty.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ela59: 50yrs is not too late for justice to prevail. But because of the type of political atmosphere we find ourselves. If idi amin is from your tribe/religion killing million from other tribe is justifiable .
Yes it is not our fault that we were born into such a mad society but how does glorifying and perpetuating such dumb and backward blackman ideology make our society any better??
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by onatisi(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

STFU!!!!
eeeyaaah sorrry
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
dontalk:

If only you can convict him then you can nail him.
..but your statements indirectly suggest that if all others can't be brought to book at the same time, then the single one caught should be given some slack

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
shizzle11:
dont mind the hypocrites...fOOLS!
I don't think you deserve a response but I would advice you go back and read my comments before you insult me..
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by hollandis(f): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
I really dont respect Nigeria doctors ,especially the ones from LASU ,EBSU,BENSU ,All the ones that ends with university that has SU in them
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Samgreguc(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ela59: Are you trying to change the headline"The CMD was sacked" don't be clouded with sentiment. No one is holy. Sentiment destroy the ability to think wise. You can't earn from what he stole.
. If u undastand d media then, u will knw dat the headings are averagely deceptive.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Mickey7(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ok but one thing dah shock me be say I open my indomie,I di nor see spice shocked
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by datribune: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

Are you sure you can hear yourself cos you're not sounding like a doctor to me.

First and foremost, the best action against a deadly virus without any known cure...worse than HIV is prevention. The fact that they are struggling to contain it now means they have failed.

Where was the minister when Labaran maku was boasting back in April that Nigeria has stockpiles of vaccine to fight the ebola virus and that we are well prepared for any eventualities? Why did he not refute the claim? Isn't that suppose to be his responsibility considering the magnitude of the epidemic?

Now on the strike issue, just before the first ebola case was reported in Nigeria, the NMA called for a round table discussion with the health minister so as to negotiates their demands but he ignored them and later on resorted to threats by using the federal government. Was that the right step for him to take?

Now Ebola has come, and it highlights the risks of what our medical doctors are facing and shows their plight, yet nothing has been done to give them a audience and attend to their issues. Just yesterday, It was announced that the Doctor that treated Sawyer died; the minister had not deem it fit to make a statement and possibly compensate the family of the poor woman.

I disagree. I'd rather say dis ebola issue has shown dat d importance of our govt doctors is overrated & overhyped. They chose to be on strike even at d peak of d epidemic & without dem Nigeria is overcoming d epidemic. We had 12 known cases & now we hav 2. d Doctor dat treated Sawyer was not a govt employee. He was at his private clinic doing his daily job, trying to make a living, unfortunately d doctor died. May his gentle soul R.I.P. Many soldiers ar dying gruesome deaths in sambisa forest & so ar many policemen dying in d hands of armed robbers & they don't hold d nation to ransom. All professions hav their hazards. Nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance.

7 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
datribune:

I disagree. I'd rather say dis ebola issue has shown dat d importance of our govt doctors is overrated & overhyped. They chose to be on strike even at d peak of d epidemic & without dem Nigeria is overcoming d epidemic. We had 12 known cases & now we hav 2. d Doctor dat treated Sawyer was not a govt employee. He was at his private clinic doing his daily job, trying to make a living, unfortunately d doctor died. May his gentle soul R.I.P. Many soldiers ar dying gruesome deaths in sambisa forest & so ar many policemen dying in d hands of armed robbers & they don't hold d nation to ransom. All professions hav their hazards. Nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance.

Naaah! The strike started way before the first ebola case was reported in Nigeria. All am saying is that the FG through the minister of health give the Doctors an audience and both parties reach a reasonable compromise...that's all. But it seems the FG doesn't care...even in the face of the threatening ebola epidemic.

Instead of diplomacy, they resorted to threats and sacking of the doctors and you believe that is going to work?

So after the threats and the sackings, the other doctors will quietly resume their duties out of fear...does that sound reasonable?

We are not in a military dispensation where citizens don't have right to protest. With the current situation of things, it is the populace that is most affected cos the FG and most of those in power has the resources to fly out of the country at the slightest instant of headache while the masses are left in the hands of expensive private hospitals which they can't afford in most cases.

Why don't our government provide the same medical facilities and conducive environment they usually seek abroad here. Isn't that part of what the doctors are agitating for? Yes they are humans too and they seek better renumeration but if work conditions are perfect I think that won't be much of an issue

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mickey7: Ok but one thing dah shock me be say I open my indomie,I di nor see spice shocked
Mumu grin
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by mbulela: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
omotfavy: .Imagine,d corruption of this Drs dat has turned d post of a medical director to their family title,dats d more reason dey shld allow other health professionals to go for d post.
Allow other health professionals to also chop and clean mouth,abi?
They should allow others to share too. After all that is what all this fight is about.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by IYANGBALI: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
kingvicking:

And what do u think he was relieved of his post means?
you dey mind dat self appointed spkesman?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by datribune: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

Naaah! The strike started way before the first ebola case was reported in Nigeria. All am saying is that the FG through the minister of health give the Doctors an audience and both parties reach a reasonable compromise...that's all. But it seems the FG doesn't care...even in the face of the threatening ebola epidemic.

Instead of diplomacy, they resorted to threats and sacking of the doctors and you believe that is going to work?

So after the threats and the sackings, the other doctors will quietly resume their duties out of fear...does that sound reasonable?

Reading thru d demands of d doctors it is surprising dat d govt even tried in d first place to negotiate many of dis outrageous demands. I wish dat GEJ will show strong leadership on d issue of dis sack as he has strong national backing wit d doctors having exposed their greedy underbelly wit dis list of shame & greed. No negotiations based on dis disgraceful demands, period.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by adanduka: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ela59: Are you trying to change the headline"The CMD was sacked" don't be clouded with sentiment. No one is holy. Sentiment destroy the ability to think wise. You can't earn from what he stole.

No Sir/Ma, I ain't trying to change the headline. But you allowed sentiment cloud your understanding of my post. I didn't know post and headlines meant the same thing.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by fineworker24(m): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Babyboy1986: Hmmmm, Naija which way forward?
Disintegration is the only way forward.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
datribune:

Reading thru d demands of d doctors it is surprising dat d govt even tried in d first place to negotiate many of dis outrageous demands. I wish dat GEJ will show strong leadership on d issue of dis sack as he has strong national backing wit d doctors having exposed
their greedy underbelly wit dis list of shame & greed. No negotiations based on dis disgraceful demands, period.

The government never negotiated anything with them. A meeting was scheduled btw the NMA and the minister of health and he never showed up!

At least both parties would have reached a compromise now if the government embraced dialouge instead of resorting to threats and sacking of the resident doctors. Are those actions what you term "strong leadership"?

You should try and be objective and stop judging this issue with obvious sentiment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. / Man Loses Three Fingers While Handling Fireworks (banger)(graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.