Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt (22223 Views)

Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. / States With The Lowest External Debt In Nigeria / Nigeria External Debt Stands At $6.67 Billion - Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by justi4jesu(f): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
QMark: By default, Nigeria is in debt. No amount of flashing & factory setting can clean off the debts.

lmkmh....what if they perform security wipe grin
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yes. Both State and FG should stop their unnecessary borrowing.
Accountability is needed to assess the projects that were financed with borrowed funds too
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Tymax:
Are u saying APC is made up of better stock?
Compare what is going on in APC States of Osun, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Kwara among others, and compare what is Obtainable in PDP controlled States of Benue, Cross Rivers, Kogi, Abia, Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Delta, Jigawa among others plus FG.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigeria Chose this fate and most will chose it for the next 4 years. Its safr to say everything Nigeria is today, The citizens deserve it. Enjoy Gej, Enjoy your fresh air
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Demdem(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by juman(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
The president has not borrowed much so far.

But generally his performance is below average.

We need a real president that can perform very well and perform at higher level.

We need a president that will borrow like hundreds of billion of dollars and spent it sincerely to develop the country.
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Sweetlemon(f): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
CFCfan:
Accountability is needed to assess the projects that were financed with borrowed funds too

Definitely.
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Tymax(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: Compare what is going on in APC States of Osun, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Kwara among others, and compare what is Obtainable in PDP controlled States of Benue, Cross Rivers, Kogi, Abia, Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Delta, Jigawa among others plus FG.
Have u forgotten that Tinubu is the overlord of APC?
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Sweetlemon(f): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: not people but a section of the population. Their numbers can't return him to power. We know them

Ha! Don't be sure o. Dem plenty o!
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by deeobserver209(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: This report has confirmed my earlier position that Jonathan is operating a Government of Fraud. When President Obasanjo came to Power, Nigeria's External debt was $35bn. President Obasanjo successfully cleared the debt and left a Reserve of about $45bn. In contrast Jonathan has depleted the Reserve and has punged us into a huge debt.

Jonathan must be kicked out of power in 2015
What matters most is the debt/GDP ratio which happens to be around 12 percent. That is not a bad situation considering current economic conditions. Besides there's no country in the world that do not have one form of debt. Infact some of the biggest economies around the world have huge debt ratios compared to Nigeria. What the country needs to do is to spend wisely by developing productive sectors of the economy like Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism etc.
We must not forget the fact that some states contributed to Nigeria's debt profile by engaging in indiscriminate borrowing in the name of infrastructural development. Most times the funds borrowed where not put to good use, thus ending as a bad debt because the funds mend for the improvement of the economy of these states where completely mismanaged.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by ooshinibos: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
thats a cool evidence that black people dont know how to run a nation successfully ..look around you .shiooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by mu2sa2: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Idrismusty97: I know of a country that has a $16 trillion debts smiley. That country debt/GDP ratio is around 100%! Ours is just over 12%. Although our governments need to do something so even when we become a 1st world country it wouldn't be base on borrowed wealth.
So we should stockpile until we reach 100% like your unnamed country?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
RockMaxi: OK, I hope the N15billion Loan Bauchi State Goverment took to build Homes for Yuguda and Mu’azu is not included here.
dnt deviate jare, na d one wey jona collect na him de mention. tribalist
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by pamcode(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Oh dear....paucity of thought. angry
where do u ppl get dis funny pics
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
yorke1: Atleast we are seeing the evidence of the money/fund in the transformation development agenda programmes of Mr. President. Is not as if the debt is rising without a corresponding increase in infrastructural development and positive transformation in the lives of Nigerians. GEJ is working, Nigeria is developing while haters keep on hating. GEJ till 2019.
oponu

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by mu2sa2: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Not surprised at all, with world bank agent heading finance ministry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
deeobserver209:
What matters most is the debt/GDP ratio which happens to be around 12 percent. That is not a bad situation considering current economic conditions. Besides there's no country in the world that do not have one form of debt. Infact some of the biggest economies around the world have huge debt ratios compared to Nigeria. What the country needs to do is to spend wisely by developing productive sectors of the economy like Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism etc.
We must not forget the fact that some states contributed to Nigeria's debt profile by engaging in indiscriminate borrowing in the name of infrastructural development. Most times the funds borrowed where not put to good use, thus ending as a bad debt because the funds mend for the improvement of the economy of these states where completely mismanaged.
I don't respond to NOI "paper appraisal". What is the Income Per Capita of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ha! Don't be sure o. Dem plenty o!
They are only loquacious. Abacha and pro-3rd term of 2005 made louder noise. Forget the rant
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by ashson: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
This reminds me of General Sani Abacha, he wanted to pay all our debts, they refused. He kept the money for the payment, they said he loot.

What a country...
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
pamcode: where do u ppl get dis funny pics

Google 'That's none of my business meme generator'' to start.

Have fun.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by zubby29(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2014
fresh air
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by eaglechild: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
The article tried desperately to paint a picture of doom putting the 2012 debt in billions of dollars and the present one in trillions of naira.

Giving us the present debt GDP ratio while not bothering to provide the previous one for comparison.

A better analysis should have been to provide a percentage increased in debt over the years as well as the change in debt GDP ratio rather than gross debt figures.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by deeobserver209(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: I don't respond to NOI "paper appraisal". What is the Income Per Capita of Nigeria?
The Per Captita Income should be around $2500 to $2800.
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1: I thought Oby paid up all our debt?!

SO who the fhuck borrowed more money from Loan Sharks?! angry

I think Obj did through Okonjo Iweala..

I think Jona got it all back through Okonjo Iweala.

So....What Okonjo paid back,Okonjo borrowed back.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by pamcode(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Google 'That's none of my business meme generator'' to start.

Have fun.
tanks bro
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Sweetlemon(f): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: They are only loquacious. Abacha and pro-3rd term of 2005 made louder noise. Forget the rant

Not just on NL ooo dem dey everywhere. My office for instance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Idrismusty97: I know of a country that has a $16 trillion debts smiley. That country debt/GDP ratio is around 100%! Ours is just over 12%. Although our government need to do something so even when we become a 1st world country it wouldn't be base on borrowed wealth.

Please educate us about the country and let's see if you're making any sense. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by chemali: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: This report has confirmed my earlier position that Jonathan is operating a Government of Fraud. When President Obasanjo came to Power, Nigeria's External debt was $35bn. President Obasanjo successfully cleared the debt and left a Reserve of about $45bn. In contrast Jonathan has depleted the Reserve and has punged us into a huge debt.

Jonathan must be kicked out of power in 2015

And oil prices have been consistently above $100 which wasn't the case in Obj regime. The handwriting on the wall is clear. Sanusi shouted and he was victimized.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by TellBlazer(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
benswagtt: does age reli matter?
It does oo,cos if your a Nigerian the debt can cause an economic chores and you know what that means,no job,strike in various institution and organisation in some cases civil war.
Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Idrismusty97(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
PassingShot:

Please educate us about the country and let's see if you're making any sense. Thanks in advance.
Don't you know how to use Google? Just input "$16 trillion debts" in the search box and bamn! You would get all the answers you need. Here i have help you with it;

http://www.google.com/m?q=16+trillion+debt

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
The ignorant poor sees debt as a death sentence, but the educated affluent sees debt as growing credit rating and opportunity to borrow more and expand.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by PassingShot(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Idrismusty97: Don't you know how to use Google? Just input "$16 trillion debts" in the search box and bamn! You would get all the answers you need. Here i have help you with it;

http://www.google.com/m?q=16+trillion+debt

So you compare Nigeria with USA? Oya clap for yourself.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks / The Used Clothes Business In Nigeria. / Akingbola File A Suit To Recover Intercontinental Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.