Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,774 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools (1852 Views)

Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. / Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Tunjman(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
…Urges Lagosians to shun deceitful parties as genuine development can come when citizens pay their taxes

Defying an early morning downpour, Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN, on Tuesday formally handed over two new schools constructed by the State Government in the Iju- Ishaga and Ifako-Ijaiye area of the State, saying it is another step towards improving the learning environment of the pupils.

The Governor who spoke at both Sonmori Comprehensive Senior High School, College Road, Ifako- Ijaiye and the First African Church Mission Primary School, Iju-Ishaga before cutting the ribbons to formally commission both added that government hopes the new structures will inspire the children to greater heights.

Noting that provision of new structures is an on-going effort to rebuild new school, and renovate existing ones during the vacation, the Governor said it is expected to also inspire teachers to produce better results adding that the purpose was to ensure that when the children resume from their long vacation, they would resume into a better learning environment than they left while proceeding on the vacation.

Governor Fashola reiterated his commitment to give his best to the state adding that if the residents could defy the rain or the sun to come and vote for the APC in the last general election, nothing would also stop him from serving the people of Lagos in the rain or the sunshine.

He urged the people not to be deceived by some desperate politicians who may in seeking their votes promise not to collect taxes from the residents once they are voted into office, maintaining that they are liars.

He said the two new structures and several others that have been embarked upon by the present administration in its quest to redress the infrastructure deficit in the state are all products of the taxes paid by compliant residents.

“Please ask them what they have done with our crude oil money that they have collected. The states and local governments have even had their allocations reduced and the reasons why you have not felt this is because you pay your taxes in Lagos. The most tangible thing for everyone of you to do to ensure the continuity of these projects is by voting for the APC in the next elections”, he added.

Speaking earlier, the State Commissioner for Education, Mrs Olayinka Oladunjoye stated that with the new schools being handed over, the emphasis of the present administration on quality education cannot be over emphasized.

She added that every investment made by the Government represent the strongest building blocks of securing a brighter and rewarding future for the children, imploring all stakeholders to preserve all the assets bearing in mind that government has expended a lot into its provision.

Mrs Oladunjoye also urged the students to justify the huge investment of the State Government on them while asking the teachers to take full charge of the structures and ensure that they do their work diligently to repay government’s huge investment in them.

Messages of goodwill which commended the present administration in the State for fulfilling all its electioneering promises to the people of Ifako- Ijaiye were delivered by the Chairman of Ifako- Ijaiye Local Government Area, Hon Oloruntoba Oke and member of the House Assembly representing Ifako Ijaiye Constituency, Hon Dayo Fafunmi.

The Governor later cut the tape at the two different locations to formally hand the new schools made up 18 classrooms in one block at Sonmori Comprehensive Senior High School, College Road, Ifako and 13 classrooms in one block at the First African Church Mission Primary School, Iju Ishaga.

The Governor was accompanied to the handing over ceremonies by members of the State Executive including the Commissioners for Commerce and Industry, Mrs Sola Oworu, Youth, Sports and Social Development, Hon Enitan Oshodi, Information and Strategy, Mr Lateef Ibirogba and traditional rulers from the area.

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Tunjman(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2014
More photos

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by MizMyColi(f): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2014
You gotta love APC when you think of Fashola.

Well Done Sir.

17 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2014
Haters Will Hate
PDP Will Loot
FG will moan
But APC led Government Will Deliver
Fashola is Working
Amaechi Is Working
Kwankwaso is Working
Rochas is Working
Ogbeni Is Working
Amosun is Working
Ajimobi is Working
APC is Working
#AsoRock Destination 2015

16 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Mynd44: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2014
Propaganda!!!

2 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2014
I have also built two blocks of toilet. I invite Fashola to come and commission it.

4 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Mynd44: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
Now playing: Beef by MI

I can feel someone's blood pressure rising grin

12 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by eph12(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Good works

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by oduastates: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2014
A state that actually works.

2 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by NewNigeriaMind: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2014
This schools are close to Ayetoro primary school in akoka in terms of structure but it did not beat it.

I tell people you cannot take good governance from APC. They know how to make the right infrastructure decisions.

A similar school built by the state government in Akoka called Ayetoro primary school as a solar powered bore hole and lightening system acting as back up to PHCN.

The school will put to shame most private schools on the island in terms of structure and facility.

8 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by NewNigeriaMind: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I have also built two blocks of toilet. I invite Fashola to come and commission it.

I believe in you, don't worry one day you will outgrow this silliness cause I have seen you can actually make reasonable comments when you desire so.

Do you bother to ask why most of the contractos handling Lagos projects cant abandone it. It is because they know Fashola some day will come se how the tax payers money is being spent.

It may seem little to you, but to us its a strong message that someday Fashola will come see what is happening in our area. This is what you don't understand.

13 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
the ONLY adequately functional government in Nigeria. Fashola's legacy is definitely the government he leaves behind.

3 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
I wish we could clone 36 of him....And the original to Abuja.

8 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by najoke: 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I have also built two blocks of toilet. I invite Fashola to come and commission it.
^
FISHBRAIN...............Ur attention is needed here https://www.nairaland.com/1865623/nigeria-sinks-deeper-into-external

4 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mynd44: Now playing: Beef by MI

I can feel someone's blood pressure rising grin

does the person's moniker start with "S" and end with "n"? grin

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by thunderrider: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Dreyl(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
EKO ONI BAJE
fashola till 2030
Mods frontpage pls,this is what i love seeing cool
Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by egbaguy: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
why not invite ur papi

2 Likes

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by lertee(f): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
It is only Fashola we hear all the time,are there no other governors in Nigeria?
My state governor must be one of the most useless in power.

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by TundeCole(m): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aigbofa: I wish we could clone 36 of him....And the original to Abuja.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DIf u carry original go Abuja, that means the rest na fake na! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by bablononi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
lertee: It is only Fashola we hear all the time,are there no other governors in Nigeria?
looool no chill
Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by malele(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
lertee: It is only Fashola we hear all the time,are there no other governors in Nigeria?

He is a media man

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by ndcide(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
is there any governor that has not built class room blocks?

this is good but noting exceptional.
Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by comos: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
APC e-rats na wa for una,
If fashola pu-pu una go carry am come nairaland come dey polish the pu-pu.
A man in my community just hand over 2-blocks of 20 classroom to an existing primary school.
what is the big deal about commissioning classrooms

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by vedd: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
While the evil drunk corrupt pdp governors have nothin to commission for many months than swimming pool, and calling their clueless failure leader to recontest.

PDP...Evil Party With Dumb Idiotic Wanking Followers!

1 Like

Re: Defying Downpour, Fashola Hands Over 31 New Classrooms In Two Schools by Itoroetti(m): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2014

fashola and tinubu have both been commissioning toilet and classroom block since '99 till date.

(1) (Reply)

FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes / Obasanjo Confirms Attack On Son, Explains How Attack Unfolded / 9ice Ex-wife Toni-payne-fire Shots-at-9ice About His Polical Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.