Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers. (1097 Views)

My Husband ‘fingers’ Our Daughters While Bathing Them: Wife Tells Judge / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / Two-year-old Who Smokes 40 Cigarettes A Day Puffs Away On A Toy Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers. by mzfacts: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
An eight-year-old boy simply identified as Kaleem, has one of the rarest health condition as doctors say that they've seen nothing like it before.

According to his mother, Haleema, 27 who has other kids who are normal, she said:

''When Kaleem was born his hand was twice the size of a normal baby's. His hands were big and his fingers were long. Initially his fists were small but they began to
grow large as well and his fingers also kept growing.''

Kaleem also said that he didn't go to school because other kids were scared of him and that although he loves cricket, he can't play because of his hands. In his words:

''I do not go to school because the
teacher says other kids are scared of my hands. Many of them used to bully me for my deformity. They would say "let's beat up the kid with the large hands". Some of them have actually beaten me and would go after me often.

I find it difficult to put on my clothes, button my shirt and pull up my pants. But I don't know if I want doctors to operate on my hands. They would have to make me
unconscious and then they would cut me open.

I have no problem if they could do it without an injection. A small operation would be okay.''

His father, Shamim, 45, who works as a labourer, and earns not too much said:

''He has difficulty feeding himself because his fist does not bend properly - so we have to feed him,'
he said. Using two fingers he is able to pick up some things like a glass of water to drink.

We want to take him to the hospital but there have been times when money has been so low that my wife has been forced to go begging.

In that kind of financial situation, getting treatment for Kaleem was difficult. Even when I tried to get Kaleem into the school, the headmaster told me to put in writing that the school would not be responsible if the other children were afraid of his hands or bullied him or
laughed at him.''

The couple who managed to get their son to a local doctor had their hopes dashed as the doctor couldn't say for sure what was wrong with him. Dr Ratan, the director of the local hospital, said:

''As far as my knowledge goes, this is an extremely rare condition.
I have not seen a case in medical journals or on the internet where only the hands grew to such a
large size.

Until we have done proper genetic testing we will not be able to say exactly what is causing this
deformity.''

But apart from the growth, Kaleem is in good condition. please I can't upload his pictures, kindly click on the link http://mzfacts..com/2014/08/photos-8-year-old-who-has-biggest-hands.html thanks.
Re: 8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers. by polarman(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
This one is gigantism of the hands. Sons of Anak!!!
Re: 8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers. by Godmother(f): 3:22am On Aug 21, 2014
This is serious! But my question is how were the hands able to pass through the openings of his shirt sleeves, seeing that they are smaller

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With An Abusive Husband / Mum's Refusal To Have Her 5- Year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart. / Ugandan nanny Who Beat Up Toddler In Viral video Charged With Attempted Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.