Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,362 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Before And After Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before And After Marriage (1721 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before And After Marriage by femixyz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Who changes after marriage, is it the Husband or the Wife? justify.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Seun(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Immediately after honeymoon, the husband and wife will both stop pretending, which will make each spouse to think the other spouse changed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Marriage by TV01(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
femixyz: Who changes after marriage, is it the Husband or the Wife? justify.

Both!
The key is in managing change. Anticipating it and dealing with it's consequences.

TV

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by justi4jesu(f): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Change is constant in life, You just need to be able to tolerate him or her if and when he/she changes from what you initially knew them to be. But most people pretend until after marriage then you will get to see their actual behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by shizzle11(m): 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
whish kain qweshun be dis?

Change in marriage isnt a gender thing, it has to do with individuals

2 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by femixyz(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
am of the opinion that after marriage, they (man n wife) tend to get use to each other. thereby not actually seeing wat seems to be special back then before marriage not bn special now.. tho my opinion
Re: Before And After Marriage by MizMyColi(f): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
Seun: Immediately after marriage, the husband and wife will both stop pretending, which will make each spouse to think the other spouse has changed.
^^^True that.
People don't change, they merely reveal themselves.

8 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by JEITO: 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
There is no hard and fast rule to that; marriage is not a transformer.

Situations may force a couple to change or bend to fit in to the demands of the union...
Re: Before And After Marriage by femixyz(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
agree
JEITO: There is no hard and fast rule to that; marriage is not a transformer.

Situations may force a couple to change or bend to fit in to the demands of the union...
Re: Before And After Marriage by mcnepow(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Change is constant in life, You just need to be able to tolerate him or her if and when he/she changes from what you initially knew them to be. But most people pretend until after marriage then you will get to see their actual behaviour.

Both!
The key is in managing change. Anticipating it and dealing with it's consequences.
TV

I dey laff ooooo! angry

IMO, Behaving differently from how he/she was before marriage is a Scam and should be handled accordingly!
I would personally not condone that.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Love is a temporary insanity curable by marriage.

Marriage is a lasting insanity brought about by a collective paranoid delusion called 'love'.
Re: Before And After Marriage by femixyz(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Like seriously cry
1stCitizen: Love is a temporary insanity curable by marriage.

Marriage is a lasting insanity brought about by a collective paranoid delusion called 'love'.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Kanwulia: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
BOTH change!

They become real actors/actresses in the DRAMA of their LIVES!
No FAKING!!! grin

Now. . . THE DRAMA can be a COMEDY or TRAGEDY!

Or a combination of BOTH! A sheer battle of WITS.

Not for the WITLESS! grin

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by Kanwulia: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2014

GBAM! cheesy

Source please! wink

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
MizMyColi: ^^^True that.
People don't change, they merely reveal themselves.

True

This is actually someone's personal text
Re: Before And After Marriage by MizMyColi(f): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
bukatyne:

True

This is actually someone's personal text
I used it as my Siggy for a bit.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2014
femixyz: Like seriously cry

Yes! Seriously!!!

Improvement of the condition can be expected some time after the honeymoon. Absolute remedy may be predicted with the birth of the first child. After that, if the symptoms persist you may have to accept you have a chronic illness
Re: Before And After Marriage by simplyOJ(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Marriage as an Institution is filled with land mines and the ability of both couples to understand and agree to work together to maneuver these land mines, and even managing the rife that may result from detonating of any of the mines is essential. It is always not an easy situation as married couple, but when you make up you mind to want to make it work, the home would be better off for it.I believe the man has a huge role to play and in most cases are the ones that triggers most of the mines at home. Trust me, a woman that has decided to get married to you and you treat her right; you are guaranteed long life to an extent and a peaceful home. I do know of few instances of craz.y situations of irrespective of what the man does, the woman still look out, that not withstanding, they are few in number. This may not be pleasant to the hearing of some, but women are in most cases loyal and more faithful to their marriages, hence are able to remain steadfast (I dont know of boyfriend/girlfriend, but on married couples).

NOTE: This is no battle of the sexes smiley.
Re: Before And After Marriage by justi4jesu(f): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
mcnepow:

I dey laff ooooo! angry

IMO, Behaving differently from how he/she was before marriage is a Scam and should be handled accordingly!
I would personally not condone that.

very funny grin
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nmeri17: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2014

bro this is a wrong ideology. that u haven't found true love doesn't mean it doesn't exist. have you witnessed happily ever after?? It may be rare But It's there
Re: Before And After Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2014
simplyOJ: Marriage as an Institution is filled with land mines and the ability of both couples to understand and agree to work together to maneuver these land mines, and even managing the rife that may result from detonating of any of the mines is essential. It is always not an easy situation as married couple, but when you make up you mind to want to make it work, the home would be better off for it.I believe the man has a huge role to play and in most cases are the ones that triggers most of the mines at home. Trust me, a woman that has decided to get married to you and you treat her right; you are guaranteed long life to an extent and a peaceful home. I do know of few instances of craz.y situations of irrespective of what the man does, the woman still look out, that not withstanding, they are few in number. This may not be pleasant to the hearing of some, but women are in most cases loyal and more faithful to their marriages, hence are able to remain steadfast (I dont know of boyfriend/girlfriend, but on married couples).

NOTE: This is no battle of the sexes smiley.

Woaw!

Beautifully put. Thank goodness it is coming from a guy.

I need to save this.

IMO, 70% of problems caused in relationship is caused by the woman; 70% of problems caused in marriage is caused by the man

Men work hard to make their relationship work and leave women to take over after marriage

(1) (Reply)

Mingle And Hook Up Whatsapp Group, / Unilorin RCF Auto Crash Accident Killed My Sister Oyeyode Oluwabunmi / Advice Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.