Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh (24111 Views)

I'm Still Devastated - Late Dr Stella Adadevoh's Son Recounts Mum’s Last Moment / Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by emog17(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
R.I.P
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please can someone tell us who she is. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Mega2010(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Already in Heaven.....I bless the Lord..RIP
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Dhulqarnain(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rest in peace,Doc.
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by cassyrooy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
yuzjet: Just passing
U ain't no different from P. Sawyer. So F.ck You. F.ck Sawyer.
Rest In Peace Ma, atleast i get to see a True Nigerian Patriot. Thank you ma, for saving my generations to come. I LOVE YOU MORE

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by charleff512(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
You are remembered by what you have done.The lives you saved by your brave action.Your dedication to duty while your colleagues in the public sector are on strike.
I salute your courage.You are an amazon.Sleep on beloved
Rest in Perfect Peace.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by uceee(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thank God there are still dedicated doctors in Nigeria. May her soul rest in peace!!!

I hope her family is given some compensation. A posthumous award will also go a long way to show our appreciation and encourage excellence & selflessness in medical professionals in Nigeria.

All medical personnel MUST take all necessary precautions while treating Ebola patients.

Finally, diaris God oh!
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by mcdreeezy: 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP ma
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by adbokus(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
YOUR HEROICS I SALUTE! AT A TIME WHEN SACRIFICE IS A HARD THING TO COME BY, YOU MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...YOUR BRAVE DEED IMMORTALISES YOU AND MORE THAN ANY MONUMENT OR STATUE THAT CAN BE ERECTED IN YOUR HONOUR, YOU LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS FOR TIME UNEND! SALUTE!!!
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by enigmatique(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Dr Adadevoh, RIP. Your courage in treating someone with such a fatal disease so deserves a bow ma. RIP. I pray for God to give your family the fortitude to bear this loss, and that He will also help us to be wise and successful in eradicating ebola from our country, in Jesus' Name, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by phreakabit(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP. . Definitely deserving of a National award for heroism.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by adbokus(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
YOUR HEROICS I SALUTE! AT A TIME WHEN SACRIFICE IS A HARD THING TO COME BY, YOU MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...YOUR BRAVE DEED IMMORTALISES YOU AND MORE THAN ANY MONUMENT OR STATUE THAT COULD BE ERECTED IN YOUR HONOUR, YOU LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS FOR TIME UNEND! SALUTE!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by flowales(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
YOU WERE A BEAUTIFUL ICON , YOU DIED IN THE COURSE OF SERVICE. YOU DIED DOING WHAT YOU LIKE MOST. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL AND GRANT YOU ETERNAL REST. THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T DIE FOR NOTHING. YOU DIED FOR SOMETHING.RIP MA
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by oyewole123: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP to a great Dr.
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Dreyl(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
ochejoseph: NAIRALAND TRIBUTE TO A TRIBUTE TO DR AMEYO ADADEVOH

Sisters are special, they are always there for you when times get tough and usually, they are your best friends. Sisters are always ready to love, comfort, and defend you. They are lifelong friends you can count on until the end. In fact, the only force powerful enough to cut short the friendship between a sister and her siblings is death.
And death indeed has taken you away from us, this loss is particularly painful to us as a nation because we waited eagerly to celebrate your recovery and eventual discharge but it never came.
As tears roll down our eyes we will eternally be comforted by the precious memories of what you stood and died for

TO HUMANITY AND INDEED ALL NIGERIANS YOU ARE A TRUE HERO WHO LIVED AND DIED FOR THE CAUSE OF HUMANITY

MAY HEAVEN BE KIND TO YOU NOW AND ALWAYS

[b]
REST IN PEACE DR AMEYO ADADEVOH

Pls 1.Kindly Post Your Tribute To This Amazon And Words Of Encouragement To Her Family
2.If Possible Kindly Spare an MB by posting a flower
WE WILL OVERCOME EBOLA

(Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, was the consultant physician,that contracted the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) from the Liberian, Mr. Patrick Sawyer after leading the medical team to treat the late Libarian

R.I.P MA
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by meforyou1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
The Song of Sorrow
by Kofi Awoonor

Something has happened to me
The things so great that I cannot weep;
I have no sons to fire the gun when I die
And no daughters to wail when I close my mouth
I have wandered on the wilderness
The great wilderness men call life
The rain has beaten me,
And the sharp stumps cut as keen as knives
I shall go beyond and rest.
I have no kin and no brother,
Death has made war upon our house;
And Kpet's great household is no more,
Only the broken fence stands;
And those who dared not look in his face
Have come out as men.
How well their pride is with them.
Let those gone before take not
They have treated their offspring badly.
What is the wailing for?
Somebody is dead. Agosu himself
Alas! A snake has bitten me
My right arm is broken,
And the tree on which I lean is fallen
Agosu if you go tell them,
Tell Nyidevu, Kpeti and Kove
That they have done us evil;
Tell them their house is falling
And the trees in the fence
Have been eaten by termites:
That the martels curse them.
Ask them why they idle there
While we suffer, and eat sand,
And the crow and the vulture
Hover always above our broken fences
And strangers walk over our portion.

*** unfortunately! the legendary Ghanaian poet kofi awoonor was shot dead by the Somali terrorists that attacked a Kenyan mall sometime ago

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
I didn't know you Dr Adedevoh but your death has touched us all
You could Have been any of us or any of our mothers or sisters or aunts
You were just doing your work ,treating patients as usual until this killer walked in and changed your life and that of your family forever.
As we mourn you,we are angry at Patrick Sawyer
Angry at the airline that transported this sick man to Nigeria
Angry at the Liberian authorities that allowed him leave his country
Angry at their requests for him to be released despite his condition
Angry that in your service to the great medical profession ,you suffered and died leaving your family behind
We are grateful to you that you stuck to your guns and refused to succumb to pressure to release this man to the streets to kill plenty more
But you insisted he be tested for Ebola and quarantined
For that I name you a national hero

Nigeria should have a functional center for infectious disease research in West Africa and it should be named Dr Ameyo Adedevoh Center and conference rooms in the center named after the nurse and matron that died also.
That is the least Nigeria could do to immortalize your name and theirs

Rest in peace dear doc and May God console the family and friends you left behind.

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by anonimi: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thank you for saving us from Sawyer's crazy antics that coild have spread the Ebola virus to thousands if not millions of our fellow compatriots.
May your exemplary courage inspire many other Nigerians to do good for our shared safety.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by lovelyronke20(f): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Dr.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Godsknight(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
So painful! Ur memories will linger on and remain evergreen in the mind we that believe in selfless service ,commitment and total dedication to work.... Nigeria lost a rare gem!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by meforyou1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
The lowing herd wind slowly o'er the lea,
The ploughman homeward plods his weary way,
And leaves the world to darkness and to me.
- Thomas Grey

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Op,
How did you know her?

Did she send you her photo?
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by aprilaries(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE.HER REWARD IS IN HEAVEN
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by joepriest(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Doc.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Segman22(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
May your soul rest in peace with your maker. Thank you for what you have done, you did not deserve to die.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Domingo1: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
May your gentle soul rest in peace. May God console and take care of your family.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Tonylyte(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
My hearth is boiling over your departure, enough to steam mecury. Verbally or in print, i've got nothing to say, but deep down my i've got lot to say, that feeling when u lost a caring mother....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Chidoscky: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
For the fact that only few have volunteered to fight ebola, I admire your courage as woman who want change. Your good work's reward is at heavens doorstep.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by jumzzy448: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
You will forever remain in our heart.

RIP.
Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by room089: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mama, you came to the world unsung; but you went home a heroine. Your closing act overwhelms whatever inaction or mistakes you must have made while alive. You Were indeed a super woman. It never occured to us that you would exit this plane in this macabre Ebola show.

Rest in peace a rare mother!
Vous etes une femme unique!!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by Neduzze5(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
technophile: at all of you typing RIP shame on you, this is the least you can do for this great woman that died serving this country and you all find it very difficult to type REST IN PEACE in full? SHM!

What's this one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh by donnaira(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
she is indeed a heroine .
though she never anticipated for this tragedy but she got cut in this menace .
she will be remembered always not for dying because of ebola but losing her life in attempt to save another's life .
rest in perfect peace ADADEVO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Things To Do While Stuck In Nigerian Traffic / Sam Nda-Isaiah Buried (Pictures) / Picture Of A Nairalander In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.