Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption (27070 Views)

s / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. / APC: An Ally Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:
Suspected ke?!
LMFAO, all you bribed dogs should let me be!!!

Then Why was he not successfully persecuted despite the fact that an opposition party rules at the federal level?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

Then Why was he not successfully persecuted despite the fact that an opposition party rules at the federal level?
You can bribe your way out of anything in Nigeria Oga.

Forget about opposition. Besides, you and I know Jonathan is not keen on fighting corruption. He does not have balls for it. EFCC lost it's relevance after Ribadu's exit as EFCC Chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by verdent: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Taa!!!! As if the people around him where imposed on him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by verdent: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
odun4love: grin cheesy ;I smell e-war...........!!!

The president is good..... But bad people surround him....

Taa!!!... as if those around him were imposed on him

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by greenalwaz: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Th President's body language does not show he is serious in his claim of fighting corruption - Aminu Tambuwal.
Too bad....no 3 citizen of ds grt nation saying ds we seriously need revolution cos he knws wat we d ordinary citizen donot knw.SMH......I still believe in Naija
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Tundeiab(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

Give us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than him and stop hiding behind his coffin. Or forever remain silent.
I have told you my stand on talking about the dead. He spent just 2 years in office which included the period he was sick and wasn't performing his duties as the president. So out of all your "GODS" in APC you can not give me a name...smh.
Can you beat your chest that he came into power legitimately? If he was so clean why did he accept the mandate of which he knew the process was faulty!
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:
You can bribe your way out of anything in Nigeria Oga.

Forget about opposition. Besides, you and I know Jonathan is not keen on fighting corruption. He does not have balls for it. EFCC lost it's relevance after Ribadu's exit as EFCC Chairman.

He does not have the balls to fight yet He is stylishly impeaching APC governors,

He does not have the balls to fight yet He successfully caged most APC leaders and members in the recently concluded Ekiti election,

He does not have the balls to fight yet he ordered the police to kill protesting Nigerians in the subsidy protest,

He does not have the balls yet He probed OBJ for the Odi massacre.

Abeg ignore that innocent and docile look He use on national TV, He has the guts to take on anybody.

But He does not have the right reasoning to secure this nation. His poor military knowledge is the major reason why Bokoharam is still flourishing in our country. We need to kick Him out to give another person a chance to secure the nation cos he had His chance and He failed woefully to the detriment of my fellow nigerians.

Bro I know APC is not so pure, but currently they are our only chance. Buhari has faced Boko haram before during his military tenure and he successfully sent them packing. He might not be their presidential candidate, but He can give the candidate the right orientation to send them away.

For the good of this blessed nation, Pls stop canvassing for GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by pen2(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
barcanista: ABDULRASHEED MAINA

Fmr Head of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms. Appointed by Jonathan. His job was to unearth and prosecute those that dipped their hands into Police Pension Fund. In twist of event, Maina was alleged to have participated in N195 billion pension fraud. He was indicted by the Senate, recommended for sack and Prosecution but Jonathan dragged and only sacked him two months later. As at today, Maina hasn't been convicted.

PRINCESS STELLA ODUA

Former Minister of Aviation that was alleged to have allocated N255 million for the purchase of 2 BMW Cars without appropriation in what was the biggest corruption scandal in Jonathan's cabinet. She was indicted by the Senate and the Presidential Committee setup to investigate her. After a while, she was relieved of her Job and walks as a free woman. NO PROSECUTION by any of the concerned Agencies.

FEMI FANI KAYODE

Fmr Aviation Minister, whose trial on alleged looting of N250m was instituted by the Yar Adua Government and pursued. He was "cleared" of wrong doing few months after he defected to PDP (Jonathan's Camp)

CHIEF OLABODE GEORGE

Chairman of the NPA between 2001 and 2003 was Convicted in 2009 for contract splitting that amounts to N2b. He served his term. Went to Appeal Court to Upturn the decision but failed. "Miraculously" the supreme court in December 2013 upturned the decision "because the offence had not become a criminal offence as at the time the alleged incident took place."

MOHAMMED ABACHA
Son of Late Maximum Ruler Sani Abacha. Abacha's family looted the treasury without mercy. Millions of Dollars was recovered and more unearthed. Mohammed was facing corruption charges instituted by the Obasanjo regime, however, Our BENEVOLENT President withrew the charges from the court. Mohammed is a chieftain of the PDP and a Governorship Aspirant under the PDP.

All the Above listed are allies of the President and has endorsed his 2nd Term bid

Jonathan's Quotes:
Corruption is not Nigeria's number one problem
Stealing is Not Corruption

Yes,he is an ally,advocate & practitioner of massive looting and corruption. He looks unassuming, smiles and waves his hands at us. These gestures seems to have blinded some of us of his true personality and intentions.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

He does not have the balls to fight yet He is stylishly impeaching APC governors,

He does not have the balls to fight yet He successfully caged most APC leaders and members in the recently concluded Ekiti election,

He does not have the balls to fight yet he ordered the police to kill protesting Nigerians in the subsidy protest,

He does not have the balls yet He probed OBJ for the Odi massacre.

Abeg ignore that innocent and docile look He use on national TV, He has the guts to take on anybody.

But He does not have the right reasoning to secure this nation. His poor military knowledge is the major reason why Bokoharam is still flourishing in our country. We need to kick Him out to give another person a chance to secure the nation cos he had His chance and He failed woefully to the detriment of my fellow nigerians.

Bro I know APC is not so pure, but currently they are our only chance. Buhari has faced Boko haram before during his military tenure and he successfully sent them packing. He might not be their presidential candidate, but He can give the candidate the right orientation to send them away.

For the good of this blessed nation, Pls stop canvassing for GEJ.
HMMMMM.... Truth is, most Easterners canvass for GEJ not because he is the best, not becauce of the things you listed up there.
I personally, support GEJ because he has executed many federal projects in the East, than anyother Government since 1967.
APC hasn't given Igbos reasons to vote for them.
So, if GEJ has performed well for my region and plans on doing more beyond 2015, why should I ignore him and cast my vote to a party that holds no promise for Easterners

The East was so terrible before 2011.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by beey2(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:
HMMMMM.... Truth is, most Easterners canvass for GEJ not because he is the best, not becauce of the things you listed up there.
I personally, support GEJ because he has executed many federal projects in the East, than anyother Government since 1967.
So, if GEJ has performed well for my region and plans on doing more beyond 2015, why should I ignore him and cast my vote to a party that holds no promise for Easterners

My brother don't turn the Southeast to the proverbial land of the blind where the "ONE EYED MAN IS KING". Nigerians (you and I) can always be better without these SHAMELESSLY corrupt politicians, unfortunately opposition parties also lack CREDIBLE candidate but I refused to believe that Nigeria is doomed. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by egift(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tundeiab: I have told you my stand on talking about the dead. He spent just 2 years in office which included the period he was sick and wasn't performing his duties as the president. So out of all your "GODS" in APC you can not give me a name...smh.
Can you beat your chest that he came into power legitimately? If he was so clean why did he accept the mandate of which he knew the process was faulty!

1. Below is your challenge:
Tundeiab: show one of your supposed "Holy" past leader and I will list out 1001 ways they were worse than GEJ.

2. I gave you President Yar'Adua. Who in all account is a "past leader" as you asked. You don't even have 10 valid ways GEJ is better than him, let alone the 1001 points you claimed to have. Bloody liar.

To cloud your dubious lies and emptiness, you are here shamelessly ranting about his coffin. Seek help. PDP has excavated your brain in one of those TAN meeting of shame.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Tundeiab(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

1. Below is your challenge:

2. I gave you President Yar'Adua. Who in all account is a "past leader" as you asked. You don't even have 10 valid ways GEJ is better than him, let alone the 1001 points you claimed to have. Bloody liar.

To cloud your dubious lies and emptiness, you are here shamelessly ranting about his coffin. Seek help. PDP has excavated your brain in one of those TAN meeting of shame.
I shouldn't be trading words with you since you have refused to see things from my own point of view. My brother! We should crave for young breed of leaders who will work for the good of the people. let's set aside this endless politicking that will not take us any where!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
I guess you didn't go through my posts on this thread. Go through my 3 or so posts, dispassionately, and reach your own conclusions. The facts are clear.

GEJ may not be saying the right things with regards to corruption but I believe he is doing his best as permitted by the STRUCTURE of Nigeria. The structure of Nigeria is such that corruption can only be fought EFFECTIVELY through prevention- using technology, ICT, transparency and systems to block all avenues of corruption. And this structure cannot be changed unless all the various parts of Nigeria agree on the need for a new progressive, non-oil dependent new Nigeria. This is the reality. And PREVENTION is what GEJ govt has been doing- in the pension system, PHCN privatisation, using biometrics to flush out ghost workers, passage of FOI bill, details of contracts awards, removal of fuel subsidy, etc.

The logic is simple, if there are no or less avenues to steal, people will have less or nothing to steal.

Through the GEJ approach, over N150 billion was recovered from pension thieves, plus prosecution of few of them that were caught. Over N100 billion was recovered from ghost workers. Note that not just that these funds were recovered, the leakages were blocked to prevent recurrence in future.

Now compare this approach with the OBJ initial gra gra approach. What was the result? What was recovered? How many convictions was secured?

If you think you can fight corruption the way APC goats are suggesting in Nigeria, then goodluck to you. Meanwhile, APC goats should give examples of APC governors that are fighting corruption in that manner. If the leading APC governor, Fashola, can FIGHT traffic offenders, why cant he FIGHT corruption in Lagos state? If the Lagos state govt can prosecute Al Mustapha , why cant they prosecute cases of corruption? From available reports, APC governors are even reluctant in adopting corruption preventive measures.

Lies lies lies lies. Damn, why do you lie so much!!!!!!

So, there was a case against minister of aviation what Nigerian structure stopped him from suspending her till investigation would be concluded? At least we know he could do that from the way he removed the CBN governor from office even if hr wasn't constitutionally permitted to do so?

Guy, seriously is this what you sincerely want for this country?

The immigration scandal is there, what would it have cost jonathan to at least fire just one person for that gross sin against the Nigeria. Youths? Do you know what it means for people to pay fees just to write some nonsense job test? That is a state sponsored fraud! Yet nothing happened!

The minister of interior and immigration boss chief architects of this scandal are still in office up till this very minute! What structure stopped jonathan for doing the right thing? Who does he need to report to to fire a minister?

Do you think you are doing anyone a favor by speaking/writing so much lies?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by egift(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tundeiab: I shouldn't be trading words with you since you have refused to see things from my own point of view. My brother! We should crave for young breed of leaders who will work for the good of the people. let's set aside this endless politicking that will not take us any where!

Whatever your opinion is - does not take away the fact that you claimed that if we mentioned any past Nigerian leader, you will tell us 1001 ways the zoologist is better than him. You lie to our faces.

If you don't talk about the dead, how about IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Gowon - They are all alive. Tell us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than them. I will not even mind you comparing him with Abacha grin
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
django1:

Lies lies lies lies. Damn, why do you lie so much!!!!!!

So, there was a case against minister of aviation what Nigerian structure stopped him from suspending her till investigation would be concluded? At least we know he could do that from the way he removed the CBN governor from office even if hr wasn't constitutionally permitted to do so?

Guy, seriously is this what you sincerely want for this country?

The immigration scandal is there, what would it have cost jonathan to at least fire just one person for that gross sin against the Nigeria. Youths? Do you know what it means for people to pay fees just to write some nonsense job test? That is a state sponsored fraud! Yet nothing happened!

The minister of interior and immigration boss chief architects of this scandal are still in office up till this very minute! What structure stopped jonathan for doing the right thing? Who does he need to report to to fire a minister?

Do you think you are doing anyone a favor by speaking/writing so much lies?

SincereLIEgerian is a charlatan of the highest breed whose stock in trade since time immemorial on NL is to position and condition the gullible and undiscerning Nigerians like himself to make do with the averageness of the GEJ administration while using style and guile with a large dosage of ethnoreligious brickbat to shoot down every other person that as much try to objectively criticize the failed GEJ administration

We all know that we deserve better and GEJ is a 4th class personality in the Olympics of Leadership.......He has almost succeeded in foisting mediocrity on our national psyche by blaming others for his patent failure

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by najoke: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
soroptimist:

SincereLIEgerian is a charlatan of the highest breed whose stock in trade since time immemorial on NL is to position and condition the gullible and undiscerning Nigerians like himself to make do with the averageness of the GEJ administration while using style and guile with a large dosage of ethnoreligious brickbat to shoot down every other person that as much try to objectively criticize the failed GEJ administration

We all know that we deserve better and GEJ is a 4th class personality in the Olympics of Leadership.......He has almost succeeded in foisting mediocrity on our national psyche by blaming others for his patent failure
^
@bolded..........Knockout punch grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
soroptimist:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Tundeiab(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

Whatever you opinion is - does not take away the fact that you claimed that if we mentioned any past Nigerian leader, you will tell us 1001 ways the zoologist is better than him. You lie to our faces.

If you don't talk about the dead, how about IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Gowon - They are all alive. Tell us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than them.
those names you just mentioned are grade one criminals who ought to be cooling their asses off at KIRIKIRI maximum prison. Buhari publicly threatened to rain fire and brim stone if he is not elected as if the country na him papa own. We are now seeing the blood shed he promised. Babangida single handedly truncated democracy by canceling the 1993 June 12 election. Obasanjo in his undemocratic show of shame attempted running for 3rd term in office. Google the amount he stole in the name of wanting to solve power problems in Nigeria.

My brother dem plenty... You can google the rest.
Finito!
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by egift(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tundeiab: those names you just mentioned are grade one criminals who ought to be cooling their asses off at KIRIKIRI maximum prison.

That is why I want you to tell us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than them. We all want you to discover why Jonathan should be sharing the same cell with them.

Oya start and stop beating about the bush like an empty container grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:

I agree with U on this fact. But will U accept GEJ's development at the expense of the lives of other nigerians including eastern citizens that Boko Haram will kill if the north does not win?

Remember they successfully planted some bombs in the east of recent. Though they were not successful in blowing up the place, but they might be successful if they try again next time. Imagine how many innocent school children will die, imagine how we all might have to run away from our mother land,

Neglecting a change in government might be too drastic bro
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Tundeiab(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

That is why I want you to tell us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than them. We all want you to discover why Jonathan should be sharing the same cell with them.

Oya start and stop beating about the bush like an empty container grin
Everybody is not as jobless as your are. I had to pause awhile in between my tight schedule to type. Get a like sir. Seems you are looking for a way to vindicate those criminals so you can be pleased with yourself. You seem like some one with criminal tendencies. grin
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by egift(m): 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tundeiab: show one of your supposed "Holy" past leader and I will list out 1001 ways they were worse than GEJ.

Tundeiab: Everybody is not as jobless as your are. I had to pause awhile in between my tight schedule to type. Get a like sir. Seems you are looking for a way to vindicate those criminals so you can be pleased with yourself. You seem like some one with criminal tendencies. grin

You have been caught in the web of your lies and false claims grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by t2luv1: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
ednut1: yes, 98% nigerians are also corrupt grin

Wishful thinking. How about 99.99%.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by t2luv1: 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:

As long as the Eastern part is well taken care off, everywhere else be damm. Question for you are you a Nigerian first that just happen to come from the East or are you a Easterner first that just happen to be in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Ovamboland(m): 4:55am On Aug 22, 2014
KingIOb: Like him or hate him, call him all sorts of unpallatable names - the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan has done his best to strenghten government institutions and play by the rule of the Nigerian constitution. If the institutions fail to do their work, that is for them to worry about. The funny thing is that we think we are still under military rule where the head of state is all-in-all. Jonathan can frolic with anybody he likes so far the Nigerian law does not prohibit it.

Typical black man Nigeria logic, if you employ a typist in your office and you discover he cannot type is it your problem or the typist problem to act?

To start with i am not aware of any institution this government has strengthened with any policy. And if the institution fail to perform so the one who appointed them can do nothing? This your logic tire me o
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Ovamboland(m): 5:12am On Aug 22, 2014
Manspeaks:
If you work in an office you will see the appalling behaviours of Nigerians. It is very easy for people to raise voices, I bet if you can see anybody living above board. We have too many corrupt individuals in Nigeria
For my observations so far corruption is more at the lower level of the ladder.

The masses will always take a cue from the lifestyle of the leaders and magnify whatever virtue or vice is displayed or encouraged from above. For instance when the presidency says stealing is not corruption, the masses understand the invitation to come to party. In Buhari times right or wrong, woe betide you if you jump queue or urinate on the road but now the body language is anything goes.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Ovamboland(m): 5:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Wildrage: The Pdp govt at the centre has prosecuted/ prosecuting people at the fed level found wanting (although they need to do more in the fight against corruption) however, APC has controlled Lagos state since the since 1999 and not a single councillor , commissioner , house member , LG chairman has been found wanting talk less of being prosecuted, I guess the most upright Nigerians work for the Lagos state govt grin > grin angry

All prosecution was under OBJ government, Yar'adua stopped Ibori and others case and hounded the EFCC head. GEJ has completely castrated the EFCC such that few remembers of name of the current head.

As for the Lagos state issue that is a good observation i can't recall any such case either and them plenty
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Ovamboland(m): 5:43am On Aug 22, 2014
aperture11: I seriously pity Nigerian youths. Following this thread actually made me sad. I am apolitical and a simple question like this actually need not be political. The OP stated facts or presumed facts, if you want to knock off his argument present facts and stop this politicization of every thread.

I didn't vote for Jonathan in 2011 but I might vote for him next year because I haven't seen a better candidate as at now and I will choose a lesser evil, but he has been super lax on corruption. That is the fact as I see it. Even he encapsulates that belief when he said "all these things they are calling corruption is ordinary stealing".

It is important for clear reasoning people to stop defending the defenceless.

embarassedChikena

A man has publicly shared his personal philosophy on one of Nigeria's greatest tragedy corruption and yet you might still return him to direct your future for another 4 years? And you cant find alternative out of 170 million Nigerians

Says a lot about what you stand for.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by KingIOb: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ovamboland:

Typical black man Nigeria logic, if you employ a typist in your office and you discover he cannot type is it your problem or the typist problem to act?

To start with i am not aware of any institution this government has strengthened with any policy. And if the institution fail to perform so the one who appointed them can do nothing? This your logic tire me o
So you are not aware of the strengthening of INEC, NTA/FRCN, BPE, to mention but a few. You are not aware because you dont want to be. Since your mind is made up not to see his effort, nothing I post here will make sense to you.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Ovamboland(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
KingIOb:
So you are not aware of the strengthening of INEC, NTA/FRCN, BPE, to mention but a few. You are not aware because you dont want to be. Since your mind is made up not to see his effort, nothing I post here will make sense to you.

That is because there is nothing to post, can you mention specifics about the institutions you mentioned? Is the appointment criteria in INEC not still the same as before and is NTA/FRCN any more independent than before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

24-Year-Old Adeyi Kaosarah Appointed As SSA To Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq / Wike Commissions Opobo/Nkoro Unity Road, First Link Road In 150 Years / Niger State Demands 13% Derivation From Oil Revenue; Threatens To Shut Kanji Dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.