Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Please Help A Confused Nairalander - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Confused Nairalander (892 Views)

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Please Help A Confused Brother. / Marriage Things: I Am So Confused, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
hi fellas,
Actually am the confused nairalander, i seriously need your advice and contributions. . . My dream job is to become a computer scientist but my mom and dad want me to become a pharmacist, nurse, doctor or a medical lab scientist, everytime i ask them why they insist i should base in health care, they wll say my dream job is a cruel one and our country is not a good place to fulfil my dreams.
Although i can handle any health care line buh there is what we call passion and love. .the love i have for computer science is too too much.
Plz nairalanders i need your advice
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
sorry is your case bro! u better follow your mind asap lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by thorpido(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
I'll say go with where your heart is.Try and convince your parents to let you follow your interest.
Try and find people who have done very well in computer science and show your parents.
There's just something about passion and love that drives one even if the money has not started coming in.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
olaxco2f: sorry is your case bro! u better follow your mind asap lipsrsealed
okies man tnks.
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
thorpido: I'll say go with where your heart is.Try and convince your parents to let you follow your interest.
Try and find people who have done very well in computer science and show your parents.
There's just something about passion and love that drives one even if the money has not started coming in.
yh bro i wil do my best in confusin them. . I've already applied 4 computer science in one of the nigeria universities
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by jaybee3(m): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
What exactly do you think computer scientist do?

Do you realise you are more susceptible to being made redundant working in IT compared to medical related fields.

It's no brainer for you to ride on the medical ish bandwagon if the demographics of whichever country you reside in suggests it's an ageing population.

Interest is something that changes with time and location.

Think outside the box
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nnamdini(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Just like everyone else has suggested go with your heart.you need to convince your parents we are in the digital age and computer is the in-thing now.i believe they're of the old school block but then you need alot of convincing to do to enable them understand you better.best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
jaybee3: What exactly do you think computer scientist do?

Do you realise you are more susceptible to being made redundant working in IT compared to medical related fields.

It's no brainer for you to ride on the medical ish bandwagon if the demographics of whichever country you reside in suggests it's an ageing population.

Interest is something that changes with time and location.

Think outside the box
hmmm bros . . . . .i wld be grateful if u rephrase your advice
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nnamdini: Just like everyone else has suggested go with your heart.you need to convince your parents we are in the digital age and computer is the in-thing now.i believe they're of the old school block but then you need alot of convincing to do to enable them understand you better.best of luck
okies bro i wil
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by uglyogre(f): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
I will advice you go for medicine rather than computer science, i'm a computer scientist myself and i bet you, it's not what you think it is.Even after completing your degree,you'll need to acquire several certifications in the field before you can even get a decent job or be called a qualified computer scientists.Another major thing you need to understand is that you must have flair for writing computer codes which a lot of people see as jargons; it's more than the ordinary gadgets you see around. Looking at the nigerian economy, computer scientists don't have much prospect as such, how much is an average developer or network scientist earning in nigeria? my dear, go for medicine if the resources are available. Medical doctors are making it all over the world, even here in africa. i also had the opportunity of choosing between medicine and computer. i went for the later because that was the hype then and i was fascinated by electronic gadgets only to realise that it wasn't all that. please make a wise choice
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by nurey(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
uglyogre: I will advice you go for medicine rather than computer science, i'm a computer scientist myself and i bet you, it's not what you think it is.Even after completing your degree,you'll need to acquire several certifications in the field before you can even get a decent job or be called a qualified computer scientists.Another major thing you need to understand is that you must have flair for writing computer codes which a lot of people see as jargons; it's more than the ordinary gadgets you see around. Looking at the nigerian economy, computer scientists don't have much prospect as such, how much is an average developer or network scientist earning in nigeria? my dear, go for medicine if the resources are available. Medical doctors are making it all over the world, even here in africa. i also had the opportunity of choosing between medicine and computer. i went for the later because that was the hype then and i was fascinated by electronic gadgets only to realise that it wasn't all that. please make a wise choice

I will advice you follow this guys word.

What I noticed is that those lecturers them selves no even know anything in that field, abeg if you are not good in maths or further maths no try am at all except you want to come out with poor grades.

I am good with computers and I have a passion in computers but I just reasoned I am not good in calculations so I opted for something I was perfect in agriculture economics.

Life is not only about passion, it about can you hold it.
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by uglyogre(f): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Moreover, our choices change as we grow. you may end up hating the career you thought you liked. i just hope you make the right choice that would give you the edge in future
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
No be you go fill the JAMB form?
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by itstpia1: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
what advice do you want nlers to give you?
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by merieam16(f): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Go on ur kneels nd pray 2 d one who knows ur purpose in life...dats my candid advice
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by uglyogre(f): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
If i were you, i would pick medicine, then register for computer remedial and professional courses in NIIT, that will give you an overview of what it takes to be a sound computer scientist, if you are then sure that's what you realy want to do, then drop one for the other
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
uglyogre: I will advice you go for medicine rather than computer science, i'm a computer scientist myself and i bet you, it's not what you think it is.Even after completing your degree,you'll need to acquire several certifications in the field before you can even get a decent job or be called a qualified computer scientists.Another major thing you need to understand is that you must have flair for writing computer codes which a lot of people see as jargons; it's more than the ordinary gadgets you see around. Looking at the nigerian economy, computer scientists don't have much prospect as such, how much is an average developer or network scientist earning in nigeria? my dear, go for medicine if the resources are available. Medical doctors are making it all over the world, even here in africa. i also had the opportunity of choosing between medicine and computer. i went for the later because that was the hype then and i was fascinated by electronic gadgets only to realise that it wasn't all that. please make a wise choice
tnx 4 d advice. .. At least let doz wit d certificate and knowledge on both field advice
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
uglyogre: Moreover, our choices change as we grow. you may end up hating the career you thought you liked. i just hope you make the right choice that would give you the edge in future
yh i tot abt dat too. .anyway enx bro
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by mascot87(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Khalidsarki: yh bro i wil do my best in confusin them . I've already applied 4 computer science in one of the nigeria universities

Instead of you to try and convince them, you are trying to confuse them the more What makes you think they would listen to you by making them more clueless through a series of confusion from u
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
itstpia1: what advice do you want nlers to give you?
any1. .even if you say i should respect parent. . Itz an advice koh?
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi: No be you go fill the JAMB form?
hahahahahah
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
merieam16: Go on ur kneels nd pray 2 d one who knows ur purpose in life...dats my candid advice
yh i do dah everyday
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
nurey:

I will advice you follow this guys word.

What I noticed is that those lecturers them selves no even know anything in that field, abeg if you are not good in maths or further maths no try am at all except you want to come out with poor grades.

I am good with computers and I have a passion in computers but I just reasoned I am not good in calculations so I opted for something I was perfect in agriculture economics.

Life is not only about passion, it about can you hold it.

okies bro *no stress*
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
uglyogre: If i were you, i would pick medicine, then register for computer remedial and professional courses in NIIT, that will give you an overview of what it takes to be a sound computer scientist, if you are then sure that's what you realy want to do, then drop one for the other
NIIT ?i knw d institute buh my parent can't waste cash on dah institute
Re: Please Help A Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
mascot87:

Instead of you to try and convince them, you are trying to confuse them the more What makes you think they would listen to you by making them more clueless through a series of confusion from u
hmmmm. . . *thinkin* everytin seems to be upside down

(1) (Reply)

How Long To Wait To Have Kids After Marriage? / Kindly Assist Urgently / 31 Facts You Didn't Know About Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.