Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job (7273 Views)

Why You Must Lie On Job Interviews And What You Must Lie About / Preparing For Interviews And Test / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by liliangmail(f): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Lol...nys section! cool I nid to draw my strenght from u guys! Thou mine is 3times but still lukin unto God grin
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chimeluiz: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2014
500samuel: hmmmmmmmm......let me just list few
first bank three times.......twice at second stage and once at final stage
diamond bank.... first exam
gtb....first exam
center for management development
union bank........final state
waec...... i was eliminated because i used NECO
nimasa.....exam alone
funab.......i scored 70% but not called for the next stage
college of education oyo .....second and final state
Uac....... i got to the six and final stage
coca cola....second stage
sterling bank....final stage

I CANT REMEMBER OTHERS..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I suffer for Nigeria labour market oooooooooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but all na story now.....am working in one of the parastatal in the ministry of education

Your story is an encouragement to me in particular.
I am just about finishing my NYSC please do you have a format you used for your CV.
How were you applying for the jobs?
What was it that gave you leverage to be called for interview.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

May God bless the works of your hand

You can mail me:
chimezihebs at Gmail dot com

To avoid spammers grin grin grin
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2014
I never got a job cry
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by FirstPrinciple(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2014
michaeled45: I never got a job cry
Guy you still dey nairaland.# saro # Etb
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
Encouraging....
I must confess, I was depressed wen I received two unsuccessful test report..
Bt I know God has a plan..
I will jst allow him to plan my life..

More pple shud share their experiences..
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by 500samuel(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
chimeluiz:

Your story is an encouragement to me in particular.
I am just about finishing my NYSC please do you have a format you used for your CV.
How were you applying for the jobs?
What was it that gave you leverage to be called for interview.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

May God bless the works of your hand

You can mail me:
chimezihebs at Gmail dot com

To avoid spammers grin grin grin

most of my application were thru dragnet and workforce except waec, funab, fed college of edu oyo and my present place of employment. Dragnet and workforce dont really need ur c.v what u need to do is to fill their online form and pray u are invited 4 test...but u must meet the requirement ooo. My God wil do ur own also

1 Like

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by 500samuel(m): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
chingydaboss: Encouraging....
I must confess, I was depressed wen I received two unsuccessful test report..
Bt I know God has a plan..
I will jst allow him to plan my life..

More pple shud share their experiences..
dont be discouraged, my first text wit dragnet was terible, i scored 32%. No one to encourage me but i have to by myself. I do travel from ibadan to lag for text...most of the time i go and cum back dat same day which is very stresful infact most of it my parents were nt aware cos they dont want me to be traveling to lag cos of the bad road...i saw alot of accident on d road but i stil dont av option... Alot of on d road bus, lag to ibadan 300...job hurting is nt easy in 9ija so dont be DISCOURAGED!!!
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tanx bro..
God is ur muscle
500samuel: dont be discouraged, my first text wit dragnet was terible, i scored 32%. No one to encourage me but i have to by myself. I do travel from ibadan to lag for text...most of the time i go and cum back dat same day which is very stresful infact most of it my parents were nt aware cos they dont want me to be traveling to lag cos of the bad road...i saw alot of accident on d road but i stil dont av option... Alot of on d road bus, lag to ibadan 300...job hurting is nt easy in 9ija so dont be DISCOURAGED!!!
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by 500samuel(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
chingydaboss: Tanx bro..
God is ur muscle

amen!!! Urs is on d way
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amen..
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by williams1291: 6:16am On Aug 26, 2014
liliangmail: Lol...nys section! cool I nid to draw my strenght from u guys! Thou mine is 3times but still lukin unto God grin
Job hunting nor easy cha, but weda devil lik am or not our water must boil, we must chop beans and dodo. I have attended more dan 15 interviews, travelled to nearly all states in nigeria. 5 construction companies-2 of it ist stage, 2 last stages, 1 was very successful but man knw man. 4 production companies, 2 insurance comp in lagos, 5 schools, 2 stock broking firms, 2banks, 2 IT companies in PH and bayelsa, 3 Financial institutions. Nobody can be more frustrated as I am. Seriously it is sad. Even most private sectors na man know man.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 8:58am On Aug 26, 2014
My broda, ur miracle is closer Dan u know.. jst share ur testimony after getting ur job..
M positive on dis
williams1291:
Job hunting nor easy cha, but weda devil lik am or not our water must boil, we must chop beans and dodo. I have attended more dan 15 interviews, travelled to nearly all states in nigeria. 5 construction companies-2 of it ist stage, 2 last stages, 1 was very successful but man knw man. 4 production companies, 2 insurance comp in lagos, 5 schools, 2 stock broking firms, 2banks, 2 IT companies in PH and bayelsa, 3 Financial institutions. Nobody can be more frustrated as I am. Seriously it is sad. Even most private sectors na man know man.
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mod front page pls..
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by netotse(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2014
Did only one test and one interview.

was scared as hell of the new test writing craze when I finished service, didn't even write a CV till near the end. Got my first job through someone I worked with during my IT, shitty salary (30K). Wrote a test for my current place and did well, had one interview, did well too and got employed.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by donigspain(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
[size=18pt]TWO INTERVIEW SESSIONS[/size]

- Health Insurance Company (ignorant me) on Monday, 27th January, 2014
- Supermart on Tuesday, 28th January, 2014 (never heard from them after passing two test stages same day)

My present place of work happened to be the 3rd place I went for interview same week. That was on Thursday, 30th January, 2014. I got the offer same day and since then have proven myself worthy of higher responsibility. Bagged three promotions already in seven months.

Na Baba God!

1 Like

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Congrats bro.. God is good
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mod.. front page..
Let us try nd comfort pple who might b facing psychological problems as a result of unemployment..
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by 500samuel(m): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Front page plzzz
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by jazz04(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Last page plz.

1 Like

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 8:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Loool grin ;DQuote author=jazz04]Last page plz.[/quote]
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2014
mechango: As for me so far, Iroko Tv, pz cussons, NSML(Ship management), Qatar Airways both are online test, Maya Corp, Eunisell oil and gas, These are all first stage. Access Bank (second stage) and lastly cornerstone insurance i absconded, av anoda test at access bank on the 25th of august. Though am a Batch B Stream II corp member awaiting to be mobilised come September 6...Am badly looking for an engagement.

u ve not even served yet u ve achievd so much in terms of experience, all dis offers u mentioned, were they publicised cos i m curently serving jux wana b ready for all d hustle by d time i pass out,
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
God's grace will see us tru..
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chimeluiz: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yes! Mechango hw did you apply for these jobs??
Were they publicised on job boards or personal referal?
What was the appeal in your CV that crossed you over from the application stage to the interview stage?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by tonero4urch(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
I finished my service in february 2014. I could remember travelling all the way from Niger state where I was serving to Lagos for Bristow helicopters cadet test which wasn't successful afterwards. After my service, I wrote NIS test at National stadium, Lagos and my guess is as good as yours as regards to that. I later got a job as a personnel delivery officer with truerebel fashion company at ikorodu but quitted after 1month because of the meagre salary coupled with too much stress and exhorbitant tfare(I was coming from Isheri-Oshun in ikotun) and the salary was poor. Since then, I have written PZ test twice; I didn't pass the PBT( 1st stage). I reapplied again and passed the 1st stage but didn't pass the CBT (2nd stage). I wrote Deloitte test but didn't pass the 1st stage test(PBT). Also, i wrote Asso mortgage bank test by Dragnet but didn't pass the first stage test(CBT). I also wrote a test at DCC amuwo odofin where I scored 6/6 which was organised by DCC/SOL recruitment agency, I was interviewed and I passed but wasn't called to start work(I wonder why). I also wrote a test with Accion microfinance test and passed but didn't take up the job because of their requirements(2years bond with 39k monthly salary) However, I am waiting for Lagos Verbatim Reporting interview we just did some weeks ago and also waiting for NPA to call us for interview for fire fighters post. So on the interim, I am with my in-law in the clearing and forwarding business so I can be a licensed clearing agent pending when my dream job comes. In all, it has been quite a frustrating and energy sapping experience; someone once asked me jokingly(I took it seriously though) why I haven't gotten a job despite going for series of interviews. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me that day. I know that one day, God will surely see me through and bless the works of my hands, I know he sees my efforts. I am not in the least deterred by these challenges because it makes me a stronger person. One love !!!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chimeluiz: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonero4urch: I finished my service in february 2014. I could remember travelling all the way from Niger state where I was serving to Lagos for Bristow helicopters cadet test which wasn't successful afterwards. After my service, I wrote NIS test at National stadium, Lagos and my guess is as good as yours as regards to that. I later got a job as a personnel delivery officer with truerebel fashion company at ikorodu but quitted after 1month because of the meagre salary coupled with too much stress and exhorbitant tfare(I was coming from Isheri-Oshun in ikotun) and the salary was poor. Since then, I have written PZ test twice; I didn't pass the PBT( 1st stage). I reapplied again and passed the 1st stage but didn't pass the CBT (2nd stage). I wrote Deloitte test but didn't pass the 1st stage test(PBT). Also, i wrote Asso mortgage bank test by Dragnet but didn't pass the first stage test(CBT). I also wrote a test at DCC amuwo odofin where I scored 6/6 which was organised by DCC/SOL recruitment agency, I was interviewed and I passed but wasn't called to start work(I wonder why). I also wrote a test with Accion microfinance test and passed but didn't take up the job because of their requirements(2years bond with 39k monthly salary) However, I am waiting for Lagos Verbatim Reporting interview we just did some weeks ago and also waiting for NPA to call us for interview for fire fighters post. So on the interim, I am with my in-law in the clearing and forwarding business so I can be a licensed clearing agent pending when my dream job comes. In all, it has been quite a frustrating and energy sapping experience; someone once asked me jokingly(I took it seriously though) why I haven't gotten a job despite going for series of interviews. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me that day. I know that one day, God will surely see me through and bless the works of my hands, I know he sees my efforts. I am not in the least deterred by these challenges because it makes me a stronger person. One love !!!

Bro! Ur not alone...
That's why the thread was created...
So we all could come here n synergise our energies n ideas irrespective of the dissappoinments and one day we would all look back and SMILE!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by elochukwud9: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonero4urch: I finished my service in february 2014. I could remember travelling all the way from Niger state where I was serving to Lagos for Bristow helicopters cadet test which wasn't successful afterwards. After my service, I wrote NIS test at National stadium, Lagos and my guess is as good as yours as regards to that. I later got a job as a personnel delivery officer with truerebel fashion company at ikorodu but quitted after 1month because of the meagre salary coupled with too much stress and exhorbitant tfare(I was coming from Isheri-Oshun in ikotun) and the salary was poor. Since then, I have written PZ test twice; I didn't pass the PBT( 1st stage). I reapplied again and passed the 1st stage but didn't pass the CBT (2nd stage). I wrote Deloitte test but didn't pass the 1st stage test(PBT). Also, i wrote Asso mortgage bank test by Dragnet but didn't pass the first stage test(CBT). I also wrote a test at DCC amuwo odofin where I scored 6/6 which was organised by DCC/SOL recruitment agency, I was interviewed and I passed but wasn't called to start work(I wonder why). I also wrote a test with Accion microfinance test and passed but didn't take up the job because of their requirements(2years bond with 39k monthly salary) However, I am waiting for Lagos Verbatim Reporting interview we just did some weeks ago and also waiting for NPA to call us for interview for fire fighters post. So on the interim, I am with my in-law in the clearing and forwarding business so I can be a licensed clearing agent pending when my dream job comes. In all, it has been quite a frustrating and energy sapping experience; someone once asked me jokingly(I took it seriously though) why I haven't gotten a job despite going for series of interviews. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me that day. I know that one day, God will surely see me through and bless the works of my hands, I know he sees my efforts. I am not in the least deterred by these challenges because it makes me a stronger person. One love !!!

tony this Dike true rebel the Lord will see us thru I have left true rebel ,be strong and courageous,
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by tonero4urch(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
elochukwud9:

tony this Dike true rebel the Lord will see us thru I have left true rebel ,be strong and courageous,
Guy...what happened? Did you leave at your own will or what? Reply
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by Kentnickole(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2014

Bro dont worry. I want you to know that any job test passed or interview passed without a corresponding call-up, means the job isnt for you. God has greater plans for you. Just keep faith in God.

Please help me I hv pz aptitude test to write for the position of retail devpt manager. What do I expect? Wat do I prepare wt?
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by chingydaboss(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Front page oo...
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by hardebounty(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Over 4month since am done wit NYSC, av been applying evrywhere over the internet as well as telling friends & family but av nt attended any serious interview as far as am concerned.
I edit, edit revamp my CV virtually evryday, don't knw where d problem is, nw I hav compose 3different cover letter yet, sti looking unto baba God for good job.

#I don't alwayz want to blame evrything on d Govt but d Govt (if we have one) needs to do more in providing amenities& policies that wud aid small&large coy to succeed
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by hardebounty(m): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Over 4month since am done wit NYSC, av been applying evrywhere over the internet as well as telling friends & family but av nt attended any serious interview as far as am concerned.
I edit, edit revamp my CV virtually evryday, don't knw where d problem is, nw I hav compose 3different cover letter yet, sti looking unto baba God for d good job.

#I don't alwayz want to blame evrything on d Govt but d Govt (if we have one) needs to do more in providing amenities& policies that wud aid small&large coy to succeed
Re: How Many Interviews And Tests Did You Attend Before Getting Your Job by bonasera: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
tonero4urch:
I finished my service in february 2014. I could remember travelling all the way from Niger state where I was serving to Lagos for Bristow helicopters cadet test which wasn't successful afterwards. After my service, I wrote NIS test at National stadium, Lagos and my guess is as good as yours as regards to that. I later got a job as a personnel delivery officer with truerebel fashion company at ikorodu but quitted after 1month because of the meagre salary coupled with too much stress and exhorbitant tfare(I was coming from Isheri-Oshun in ikotun) and the salary was poor. Since then, I have written PZ test twice; I didn't pass the PBT( 1st stage). I reapplied again and passed the 1st stage but didn't pass the CBT (2nd stage). I wrote Deloitte test but didn't pass the 1st stage test(PBT). Also, i wrote Asso mortgage bank test by Dragnet but didn't pass the first stage test(CBT). I also wrote a test at DCC amuwo odofin where I scored 6/6 which was organised by DCC/SOL recruitment agency, I was interviewed and I passed but wasn't called to start work(I wonder why). I also wrote a test with Accion microfinance test and passed but didn't take up the job because of their requirements(2years bond with 39k monthly salary) However, I am waiting for Lagos Verbatim Reporting interview we just did some weeks ago and also waiting for NPA to call us for interview for fire fighters post. So on the interim, I am with my in-law in the clearing and forwarding business so I can be a licensed clearing agent pending when my dream job comes. In all, it has been quite a frustrating and energy sapping experience; someone once asked me jokingly(I took it seriously though) why I haven't gotten a job despite going for series of interviews. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me that day. I know that one day, God will surely see me through and bless the works of my hands, I know he sees my efforts. I am not in the least deterred by these challenges because it makes me a stronger person. One love !!!

Keep striving my brother. God will see you through. Your village people are not stronger than God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.Empty / Invitation For Psychometric Test By AETI / Rivers State Public Service Management Information - RivPuSMiS Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.