Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,577 members, 7,801,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos (41129 Views)

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / 7 Units Left!! Houses For Sale In A Mini Estate At Abijo Lekki @ N36m(Pictures) / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2014
fash78: Guys sorry the format of the substructure cost posted above is messed up. I have attached the spread sheet with the same information in a more readable format

Did you hire the elfadconcept04 as a site supervisor OR you gave him the contract,

and how were you able to reduce the BOQ from 53 to 32M ?

14 bedroom Guess it a family house.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ timothy001 I hired elfadconcept04 as site engineer/supervisor/planner/etc based on an agreed sum of money that is now spread over each phase of the project.

We have been able to peg the projected cost of the building to 32M as against 53M in the BOQ by doing the following among other things:

1. Buying materials directly from source e.g cement from factory (be prepare to buy full load of trailers), wood from sawmill directly ( you must know someone at the sawmill you trust very well like a close friend or family to go this route) etc.

2. Be directly involved in labor fee negotiations - myself and elfadconcept 04 don't agree on my approach of negotiation but by being involved directly in negotiating labour fees, I have saved some money. For you to do this successfully, you must strive to gain some knowledge on how to do some simple costing like how much Naira/ton for iron bender charges, how much is average mason charge per amount of block set, the hardest to quantify is the carpenter labour fee (but i normally use daily rate multiply by total number of days to finish a particular work).
Also you can call up guys like Spyder, Bosun et all on this forum if you are ever in doubt and they will give you some solid advice on labour cost.

Now based on my projections, I though we will be able to do the building carcass for N14.5M, we are now at N15.6M up to the carcass stage.
I am hoping if we missed the N32M budget, it wont be more than a couple of Millions (say 2-4M). That will be strictly due to the type of finishing I finally choose.

Lol @ family house. This building is primarily for commercial purposes.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thanks my brother
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by smallsmall: 3:32am On Nov 12, 2014
Chekitaut:
Oga Fash, thank you am honored, This project is wonderful with Eng. Dele(Small body but Mighty Engine) oversee all with aggressive supervision, Eng. Dele weldone, i want to commend your effort on the process of tackling the access road challenges. You really show case a great skills.

Good and glad to be part of this...
Cheki,
I have been trying to reach you by Email but your Email bounces back?

Which of the info.chekitaut@gmail.com or chekitaut01@live.com is working?

There is something l want to discuss with you... a Project will start soon.

Cheers.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by smallsmall: 3:38am On Nov 12, 2014
fash78:
@ timothy001 I hired elfadconcept04 as site engineer/supervisor/planner/etc based on an agreed sum of money that is now spread over each phase of the project..

Fash:
WHO is the Builder and Architect for your project?

I know elfaconcept is your site Engineer/Supervisor ...... or was he also the builder?

Cheers and nice thing you got going up there.

More Grease to your Elbow.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by mufutau55(m): 3:49am On Nov 12, 2014
fash78:
Thanks my brother

Fash78, any update on this project?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:08am On Nov 15, 2014
@smallsmall, Elfadconsult is also the builder. He and his team designed the building and he supervised the construction.
@ Hajji Muftau, thanks for staying in touch wih this thread. We have completed the roofing a couple of week ago. The pictures of the current state of the building are attached.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by mufutau55(m): 5:20am On Nov 15, 2014
fash78:
@smallsmall, Elfadconsult is also the builder. He and his team designed the building and he supervised the construction.
@ Hajji Muftau, thanks for staying in touch wih this thread. We have completed the roofing a couple of week ago.
The pictures of the current state of the building are attached.

Very nice indeed. The parapet and the roofing goes well together... Small, small, house don finish oh! God bless.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Final look front view..

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by smallsmall: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Very nice indeed. The parapet and the roofing goes well together... Small, small, house don finish oh! God bless.

Hajji M.

Why you dey call my name now, Hajji M? grin grin

@Fash78: Well done. That building is really massive. Please keep the thread going as l would like to see how the finished product looks like, after the plaster work and paintings.

I have you as well, on "my radar" for my project
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
@small small, I will definately keep you guys updated as work progresses.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Welders or iron gate suppliers in the house. I am presently in the stage of constructing fence for my project in Lagos. I am looking for people who are into gates and fence grill fabrications. Any interested supplier and or artisan should please get in touch. Drop your numbers here and send me pictures of your design with price to me.
Thanks.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
In addition to the gate I also need supplier for plaster sands in Lagos. We are about starting plastering work for my project. Please submit your quotes for 20Ton and 30Ton plaster sands. The location of the project is Iyana-Oba in Lagos. Please send me your quote.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
fash78:
In addition to the gate I also need supplier for plaster sands in Lagos. We are about starting plastering work for my project. Please submit your quotes for 20Ton and 30Ton plaster sands. The location of the project is Iyana-Oba in Lagos. Please send your quotes to funsolaw@gmail.com

wow thats massive......

please do contact us for

dstv (multi building installation)
cctv
access control
intercom

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Okay noted.
twinskenny:

wow thats massive......

please do contact us for

dstv (multi building installation)
cctv
access control
intercom

Thank you
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 1:40am On Jun 22, 2015
fash78:
Okay noted.

Sent you a mail sir!
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 22, 2015
Wow,I thought my house was big until I saw this one,money good oo.

Did you purchase blocks or moulded for this project?

Well done bros,good job and may God give you the grace to finish it and enjoy it.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2015
fash78:
Okay noted.
Thank you very much
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
euromilion:
Wow,I thought my house was big until I saw this one,money good oo.

Did you purchase blocks or moulded for this project?

Well done bros,good job and may God give you the grace to finish it and enjoy it.

Thanks my bro. I did not also appreciate the size of the project on paper until we started the construction.
To your question, we moulded all the blocks for this project. And thanks for the prayer, I am saying a BIG AMEN to it and I also wish you the same bro.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by TinoTino(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
hello sir from corinthians furniture do you have someone for your wardrobes and kitchen cabinet? i can come and give you a free quote at great price
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by TinoTino(m): 12:43am On Jun 23, 2015
TinoTino:
hello sir from corinthians furniture do you have someone for your wardrobes and kitchen cabinet? i can come and give you a free quote at great price

Our no is 08128816943 I can visit your site and come up with a quote
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2015
TinoTino:

Can you post some of your recent work on this thread for me to see?
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by EndiaSami: 7:37am On Jun 23, 2015
fash78:

Can you post some of your recent work on this thread for me to see?
Good morning sir fash. This is endiasami from sweet home bathrooms..sent you a mail.please I need to ask a few questions on the supply. Please send your contact number via mail, or reply mail with your contact number
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2015
Bros can I have the number for the guy that mould your blocks and how much did he charge for 1 bag of cement?

I need some solid blocks for fence pls.

Thanks
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
EndiaSami:

Good morning sir fash. This is endiasami from sweet home bathrooms..sent you a mail.please I need to ask a few questions on the supply. Please send your contact number via mail, or reply mail with your contact number
Thanks my brother. I got your email. I will call you before the end of this week to discuss about your wares.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
euromilion:
Bros can I have the number for the guy that mould your blocks and how much did he charge for 1 bag of cement?

I need some solid blocks for fence pls.

Thanks

I will help you get the number from the engineer. The guys charge N700 per bag. We were making 40pcs per bag for 6" and 35pcs per bag for 9".
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
fash78:

I will help you get the number from the engineer. The guys charges N700 per bag. We were making 40pcs per bag for 6" and 35pcs per bag for 9".

My country home fence was moulded like 35 and 40 respectively,although I paid 500naira per bag then,about 5 yrs ago.solid blocks though.Pls get it for me when you can,700naira per bag for Lagos is not bad.

Thanks again.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
TinoTino:

Thanks TinoTino. We are still far away from cabinet making. Once we finish plastering, I will get in touch with you.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Oga fash,you didn't respond to me.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
dayomide70:
Oga fash,you didn't respond to me.
Ayomide, I will call you tomorrow. The fence construction has been postponed to next week Monday due to non-availability of the Mason. Also it has been raining so bringing material to site will be difficult.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by dayomide70(f): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
fash78:

Ayomide, I will call you tomorrow. The fence construction has been postponed to next week Monday due to non-availability of the Mason. Also it has been raining so bringing material to site will be difficult.

Thanks for your quick response. I will await your call tomorrow as you said. Thanks
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
fash78:

weldone sir,

patiently waiting for your invitation too grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.