Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (15415 Views)

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Reference(m): 11:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Expended more energy in jostling for the high table microphone than tackling the subject matter. Is this a reaction or rebuttal because the Hon.Min might just be behind the info curve here. Not clear yet. Let's wait till sunrise.
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 21, 2014
sugarboimaxy: Nigerians spreading false rumours since amalgamation!

lmao i swear you re right
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 21, 2014
uc97: Fake news everywhere.What are we to believe.

believe the one from the appropriate authority, you don't need rocket science to know that
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 21, 2014
The man has lied so many times, and been publicly, embarrassingly exposed over and over.

Who is he expecting to believe a word from his mouth?

2 Likes

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by musiwa94: 1:36am On Aug 21, 2014
I
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by tunde1200(m): 1:48am On Aug 21, 2014
masonkz: Can we really trust this guy?

As much as I'm hoping this is true, all his reports so far about this disease have been questionable angry

You can't trust that minister of health!

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by tunde1200(m): 1:50am On Aug 21, 2014
KHAI

musiwa94: It takes about 2 days (48 hr) to get to anywhere in the far north by road.

Look when you talk of doctors strike.. if you are a doctors and getting information from your fellow doctors talking about high number of die. what will you do? you have to know doctors are the only one who can tell you what the real number killed is.

From the start I knew northerners were not going to agree to this.. that satellite picture is a killer.. and you should expect more bombing.

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by tunde1200(m): 1:51am On Aug 21, 2014
Abioo he is full of lies!!!

MissMeiya: The man has lied so many times, and been publicly, embarrassingly exposed over and over.

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Aizebioje(m): 2:33am On Aug 21, 2014
scribble:

information management is very important part of controlling the disease
I realise that but this man has been on air more times than necessary and has ended up confusing the general public... We have a minister for information, I believe that's his duty!!!

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by ojimbo(m): 2:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Aizebioje: If this man channels the amount of time he spends giving press releases into controlling the Ebola virus, we'll actually have less to worry about!!!
brain malfunctioning

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 21, 2014
MissMeiya: The man has lied so many times, and been publicly, embarrassingly exposed over and over.

i believe madam
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by deolu2000(m): 3:26am On Aug 21, 2014
Was it not the same minister that once claim we are going to use nano silver particles,only to come out after reading CNN news that the same drug is a pesticide.i hope am wrong but since he works for FG who are perpetual deceivers i can take a single from him as authentic.

2 Likes

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 21, 2014
I don't want to belive any Ebola News again self angry

Sammiel: The Minister of Health Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu has said that there is no new confirmed case of Ebola disease in the country, contrary to reports that five new cases had been observed in Lagos.The minister, in a tweet on Wednesday by his
Special Assistant on Media and Communication, Dan Nwomeh, explained that so far, no new case had been confirmed.In an email, Nwomeh referred our correspondent to the twitter handle @DanNwomeh, for what he called, “updates and clarifications of (mis)information on
the fight against Ebola Virus Disease in Nigeria.
“Meanwhile as at today, the status remains the same. Disregard all rumours of new cases please,” he further said.
The tweet read, “This clarification follows reports of 5 new cases in Lagos State. This should be disregarded please.“The Minister of Health reiterates that he has the sole authority to announce confirmed
cases of disease epidemics in Nigeria.“The minister reassures Nigerians that any new confirmed case of EVD in Nigeria will be announced by his office promptly.“Any doubtful information on the outbreak of EVD should be verified from the office of the Minister of Health.“Minister of Health
Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu restates that at present, today, now, Nigeria has only two confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease.”
He also stated that there was no evidence that discharged patients can transmit
the disease, adding that a Liberian whose name he did not disclose, was treated for malaria “having tested negative for Ebola
Virus Disease.” Minister of Health Prof.
Onyebuchi Chukwu restates that at present, today, now, Nigeria has only two confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease.

I don't know why Nigerians are fond of spreading rumours and causing unnecessary panic.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/no-new-confirmed-ebola-case-health-minister/
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 21, 2014
deolu2000: Was it not the same minister that once claim we are going to use nano silver particles,only to come out after reading CNN news that the same drug is a pesticide.i hope am wrong but since he works for FG who are perpetual deceivers i can take a single from him as authentic.
Yea, this man is known for speaking from both sides of his mouth, we really can't trust his info. I hope though for the love of the Country that he is telling the truth this time.

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by PassingShot(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2014
I see a battle for relevance and superiority between FG's Minister for Health (Prof. Onyebuchi) and LASG's Health Commissioner (Dr. Idris) instead of embracing cooperation and coordination to manage the situation more effectively. Unfortunately, it is Nigeria that will suffer from this type of unnecessary show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Amhappy(f): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2014
We have 5new suspected cases ie people showing sysmptoms of Ebola but they have not been confirmed positive by lab investigation. However they have been brought in and quarantined.
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Gucciboss: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2014
PassingShot: I see a battle for relevance and superiority between FG's Minister for Health (Prof. Onyebuchi) and LASG's Health Commissioner (Dr. Idris) instead of embracing cooperation and coordination to manage the situation more effectively. Unfortunately, it is Nigeria that will suffer from this type of unnecessary show of shame.
Stop making up things there is nothing to compete about. Both of them actually said the same thing. The lasg commissioner said SUSPECTED case while the fg minister said NO CONFIRMED case

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by PassingShot(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Gucciboss:
Stop making up things there is nothing to compete about. Both of them actually said the same thing. The lasg commissioner said SUSPECTED case while the fg minister said NO CONFIRMED case

I don't think so. Even the Health Minister does not acknowledge the suspected cases when his Assistant said “This clarification follows reports of 5 new cases in Lagos State. This should be disregarded please.“

2 Likes

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Aizebioje: If this man channels the amount of time he spends giving press releases into controlling the Ebola virus, we'll actually have less to worry about!!!
go and seat down if you standing so that u can reason well. the Ebola issue need more of information than treatment. the whole world praise Nigeria d way they handle this disease. You can never see any thing good.

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 21, 2014
datguru: Permit me now to say this Ebola issue is now becoming a SCAM and a PROPAGANDA
by the any of progress
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by ceejayluv(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2014
PassingShot:

I don't think so. Even the Health Minister does not acknowledge the suspected cases when his Assistant said “This clarification follows reports of 5 new cases in Lagos State. This should be disregarded please.“

This clarification
follows reports of 5 new cases in
Lagos State. This should be
disregarded please.“The Minister of
Health reiterates that he has the sole
authority to announce confirmed
cases
of disease epidemics in
Nigeria.“The minister reassures
Nigerians that any new confirmed
case of EVD in Nigeria will be
announced by his office
promptly.“

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by BluStreak(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2014
Nigerian government officials lying to Nigerians since independence.

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Godwit1: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Maj196: Wich1 pesn wn believe nw...mtchew
believe the report(the good one)

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2014
this your comment sha! In a situation like this he needs to be in touch with the citizen to curb fear and panic!
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2014
PassingShot: I see a battle for relevance and superiority between FG's Minister for Health (Prof. Onyebuchi) and LASG's Health Commissioner (Dr. Idris) instead of embracing cooperation and coordination to manage the situation more effectively. Unfortunately, it is Nigeria that will suffer from this type of unnecessary show of shame.
Battle between Comm. And Minister, i.e State and FG!... Ther are diff levels my brother!
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by PassingShot(m): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2014
daviddambo: Battle between Comm. And Minister, i.e State and FG!... Ther are diff levels my brother!

Teach me more please.
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2014
nigerians and their stupid rumor mongering!!! angry
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by phemmie06(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2014
God save us, who do we believe, the man from Lagos or the man from Abuja?
How many SA this man get self?

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by donodion(m): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Be wise
Trust nothing that comes out from that crooked Minister

1 Like

Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bazinga: I wonder why some nigerians like peddling false information about a sensitive issue like ebola? Whatever their end game is, God pass them. We refuse to be scared, because Jesus is Lord.

Meanwhile: Nigerian journalism disgracing Nigerians with lies and wrong facts since 1900.
stiffer measures should be implemented to close down media houses where such news emanated from... By then, others will learn.
Re: No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! by Gucciboss: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
PassingShot:

You need to read in between the lines.
Yes the minister 'does not acknowledge suspected cases' because ebola has no peculiar symptoms. The Minister only announces confirmed case, as longer as the case is still 'suspected' is not yet confirmed. Lags commissioner should stop feeding the public with 'wrong' info, knowing that many Nigerians have comprehension issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Records First Coronavirus Death / Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO / Another COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.