Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:30 PM

This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) (50490 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / The Beauty Of Umuahia City In Abia State (pictures) / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by OgeJesus: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR ALOT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED IN THE AREA OF NEW CLASSROOM BLOCKS BUILT IN ALL LGAs

1. OVIM TECHNICAL SCHOOL, ISIUKWUATO LGA ABIA STATE
2. ABAYI GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUOCHAM OSISIOMA LGA ABIA STATE
3. OWERRI-ABA MODEL SCHOOL, UGWUNAGBO LGA ABIA STATE
4. OGBO PRIMARY SCHOOL AVU NA IPUPE UBAKALA UMUAHIA SOUTH LGA ABIA STATE

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by tchigofigo(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa:

That's barbaric.

Abians should kick him and his party out of the state in 2015.

Abia State must be free from PDP bondage!!

grin grin
party propaganda..my dear it's nt abt d party, it's abt personality..if owelle were 2 b d gov of abia under another party(assuming he is 4m d state), he wld av done far better than that clown ochendo..so leave parry outa it...it's PDP ALL THE WAY!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by highmood(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2014
ronaldreagan26: .

l am not really referring to any geo-political zone, l am generally sad about the way things are run in Nigeria despite the huge human and natural resources available, the masses are suffering like sheep without a shepherd...........
kk. No hard feelings though
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by highmood(m): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2014
ronaldreagan26: .

l am not really referring to any geo-political zone, l am generally sad about the way things are run in Nigeria despite the huge human and natural resources available, the masses are suffering like sheep without a shepherd...........
kk
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2014
[size=28pt]2013[/size]

Over the years, the Ariaria International Market in Aba, Abia state has been faced with the deplorable condition of its roads. Customers could no longer access the market because the entire roads leading to the market became impassable. The situation led to customers abandoning the market. Business was at its lowest ebb as traders daily lamented of lack of patronage.
But recently, the situation appears to be changing as the market now enjoys a new lease of life with the on-going rehabilitation of roads in the market. All the major roads have been rehabilitated with drainages while some other ones are being paved.
A visit to the market revealed that road rehabilitation works have been completed at the Free zone and Timber Line area while the A Line is waiting to be asphalted.
As a result of the rehabilitation of the roads in the market, commercial motorcycle operators now convey customers and traders from one Line to the other within the market while cars and heavy duty trucks are regularly seen loading and off loading goods.
The motor parks and public conveniences are now wearing a new look while banks like Fidelity, Access, Enterprise and others have maintained their offices in the market. The Abia State Vigilante Services also have an office in the market with an adjoining police station opposite the market on Faulks road.
A cross section of traders who spoke to 247ureports.com expressed gratitude to the Abia state government for fulfilling its promise to rehabilitate the roads stressing that the gesture would help to boost trade in the market.
A trader at the A Line area, Mrs Nkeiruka Michael who was visibly elated at the changing face of the market said business is now spring up as most of their customers who ran away because of bad roads have started coming back.
“I m happy with the rehabilitation of the internal roads in the market. You need to be here during those days the roads were bad. Then, our customers could not come due to the problem of bad road[/b]s. Even if they manage to come, it will be problems here and there because their vehicles can’t pass the muddy waters. Those days, you can stay for day without making any sale, but I thank God, the situation has changed,” she said.
The chairman of the Ariaria International Market Traders Association (AIMATA) Chief Francis Eze Duru could not be reached for comments, but a member of the Reactivation and Management of Ariaria International Market, Chief Chidi Agbawo described good road network as the basis of businesses in the market, stressing that the ongoing rehabilitation of roads at the market confirms the commitment of the Abia State government to give the market a facelift.
[b]Agbawo thanked the Abia state government for her commitment to upgrade the state of the market.

“Recently, the governor gave us N100 million as advance to the contractors for the road projects. He is the one doing the work, but we are supervising it. Last two weeks, we asphalted Free Zone and Free Zone road ‘B’. We asphalted two roads last week. The ‘A’ line would be asphalted in two weeks coming, “he said
Mr Samuel Ikechukwu of the ‘Free Zone’ area of the market opined that the rehabilitation of the zone has helped to improve trade in the area and reduced the stress they were faced when the road was still in a bad state.
Another trader, Mrs Happiness Nwosu appealed to the governor to ensure that the contractors handling the various projects use quality materials to do their work to avoid a situation where they would go worse when the rains set in.
She expressed hope that when the roads are completed, it would help to bring back some of their customers who had ran away from patronizing them as a result of the deplorable condition of the roads in the market.

http://www.spyghana.com/the-changing-face-of-ariaria-international-market-aba/

3 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by misterjosh(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2014
iconize: Simple, TA orji should be taken to sahara desert... shot in the eyes and get castrated.
Chisos! U wicked oo, u didn't even offer to shoot only one of his eyes so he wuld see road wit d other one.
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2014
bigass:

You are a big foool. This is not a comparison thread, its about the failure of TA Orji as a Governor. Because there is a slum in Lagos does not mean we should not talk about the ills of Abia State
I DONT DEAL WITH DIRTY ASZ LIKE YOU
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2014
I agree that TA Orji is useless just like many of them but posting pictures of ariaria from yesteryears is stoopid
I hope they tarred these roads not just paving them,not enough

3 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by CharliParker: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2014
What did Abians espect when their Useless Govnor Chase Rochas away atleast that Would have been a good thing to Abians but the Govnor chase Good thing away. Abians please are u seeing Imo state.SO Where is you peoples Allocation money, tax payments,and money from other sectors in the state. Abians wake Up wake up
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa: Latest Pics of The Biggest Market in West Africa, located in Abia State.

https://www.facebook.com/naijcom/posts/759196550843911

You should be brave enough to bring us current pics from your camera like the oshodi,Ipaja,Isale eko and other threads posters did
Below is Lagos
Does that represent those roads today?

Give us pics from now,so we can bash TA Orji properly

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Anacksunamun: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2014
Whether this thread was created to spite Igbos/Abians, because of what the Igbo bigot did on the previous threads, I don't care!! The truth is, T.A is the worst thing to have happened to mankind.

The Igbos/Abians might be hurt seeing the ineptitude of the T.A Orji's government and how Abia has been reduced to ruins, but any sane Igbo man or Abian should look past the hurt and pray this kind of threads hit the FP many times, so as to show the world what Abians are going through in the hands of this demonic despot called T.A Orji. Abians don't have a governor, T.A Orji is just on that sit to loot and destroy. How this fool became the governor for the second time is the greatest mystery yet to be solved. Nigeria is doomed since T.A orji was able to contest for second term and still is on that seat, without languishing in prison by now.

In. Saner climes, this beast would have been killed. I don't be mind being called a murderer, but I'll gladly stone T.A Orji to death if the opportunity presents itself. This animal has ruined a lot of Abians' lives. You need to go to Aba yourself, in order to witness the rot. That this idíot wasn't impeached is GEJ's greatest crime to Nigerians. The worst governor of all time, no contest!!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by freecocoa(f): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2014
This is not a laughing matter but Omo the comments are something else, someone said thief A orji is worse than the ebola virus grin.

Mehn this man is sha heartless, just imagine the state his people are living in, it's really a pity.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Feraz(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Right from time, before the elections were conducted here on Nairaland, Abians have always agreed that T.A. Orji is the worst performing governor in Nigeria and would tell you Gabriel Suswam is a saint compared to him. People were wondering why they so much hate the governor but these pictures have shown you why they do. They have never hidden their disgusts for the look of the state and the governor.

I can only hope the people make a right decision in the next election.

BTW, stop campaigning for political parties here. Like someone said, it's the individual and not the party. There are PDP states where people are seeing developments.
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by ronaldreagan26: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2014
highmood: kk. No hard feelings though

Thanks, although, l do agree with some of your submissions, when you look at the entity called Nigeria vis-a viz the rest of the world you begin to wonder, where did we really miss it, why are things not working despite the huge investment made in every sector of the economy, un-employment amongst the youths,poverty,in-security, re-cycling of old politicians, lack good infrastructures etc the list is endless........so sad.. embarassed
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by OgeJesus: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2014
UPGRADE OF HOSPITALS IN ABIA STATE
100-BED GENERAL HOSPITALS IN 11 LGAs

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by evea: 9:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Is dis international or dumping refuse market? dis man nids serious flogging

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by freecocoa(f): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi: I agree that TA Orji is useless just like many of them but posting pictures of ariaria from yesteryears is stoopid
I hope they tarred these roads not just paving them,not enough

Aunty mi, I was in Ariaria sometime in May and that was my first time there, I saw many beautiful things to buy but can't go back there as the place was just really messy, it rained that day, I can only manage to go back there during dry season.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2014
OgeJesus: IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR ALOT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED IN THE AREA OF NEW CLASSROOM BLOCKS BUILT IN ALL LGAs

1. OVIM TECHNICAL SCHOOL, ISIUKWUATO LGA ABIA STATE
2. ABAYI GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUOCHAM OSISIOMA LGA ABIA STATE
3. OWERRI-ABA MODEL SCHOOL, UGWUNAGBO LGA ABIA STATE
4. OGBO PRIMARY SCHOOL AVU NA IPUPE UBAKALA UMUAHIA SOUTH LGA ABIA STATE

[size=18pt]
Biko stop posting these pictures
TA Orji is an eediot [/size]
I am proudly Igbo and brave enough to say so
That is what differentiates Igbos from their fellow country men
We are not afraid to call our governors useless when they are
We shouldn't turn to praise singers like some people and then threaten violence when the evidence of failure is before us

Yes he has cleaned up a few areas ,that is his job but he is still a failure like the rest of them

3 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Anacksunamun: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2014
chulla12: "Only?"

This thread filled with insults, blackmails, call to murder, vituperations, and tribalism galore is what you call "only?"

Chineke meere anyi ebele. shocked

The OP is a bigot and has sinister motives behind his creation of this thread, but I'm glad he did. T.A Orji is devil in human flesh. There's nothing to rejoice about in two tenures of that dingbat. The pictures are old pictures though, but still, Aba has bad roads that can make you puke. I do pass there once in a while and can attest to that fact.

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Feraz(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Can we stop bringing Lagos into this discuss? What has Lagos got to do with this? If we Igbos were doing this previously and exposing our leaders ineptitude, I don't think people will have much to complain about. You should see the bright side of this and this is going to put pressure on the governor and see him as someone below an animal.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2014
Feraz: Can we stop bringing Lagos into this discuss? What has Lagos got to do with this? If we Igbos were doing this previously and exposing our leaders ineptitude, I don't think people will have much to complain about. You should see the bright side of this and this is going to put pressure on the governor and see him as someone below an animal.

Exactly!

I support people armed with cameras and posting the failure of the government for all to see
Be it Enugu,abia or almighty Lagos
They are generally useless and have failed the people
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Cmanforall: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Abia has been receiving oyel money from the Niger-Delta, what has orji been doing with all the awuuf money??

grin grin

I know a friend from Ukwa west, the oil base of Abia, she told me the have wonderful roads and power supply is so adequate.... Is dat true? If so, that could be where the oil money dey go
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2014
Anacksunamun: The OP is a bigot and has sinister motives behind his creation of this thread, but I'm glad he did. T.A Orji is devil in human flesh. There's nothing to rejoice about in two tenures of that dingbat. The pictures are old pictures though, but still, Aba has bad roads that can make you puke. I do pass there once in a while and can attest to that fact.

Gbam!
No need for anyone defending TA Orji

Igbos shouldn't be beating drums and singing praises of eediots in power
that is not in our ethos
Let this thread shame him into doing something
Looks like he has an official already in defense
He should carry the message across
The people are not fooled by a few improvements here and there
Just like the planting of flowers in certain areas of Lagos did not change the slums as shown in the previous threads
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Anacksunamun: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]
Biko stop posting these pictures
TA Orji is an eediot [/size]
I am proudly Igbo and brave enough to say so
That is what differentiates Igbos from their fellow country men
We are not afraid to call our governors useless when they are
We shouldn't turn to praise singers like some people and then threaten violence when the evidence of failure is before us

Yes he has cleaned up a few areas ,that is his job but he is still a failure like the rest of them

Exactly!! It's only a liar, a fool, or an ìdiot, that would see Aba under T.A Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu's regimes and open his gob to praise them. There's nothing praise worthy that T.A orji has ever achieved. He's a benign cancer fast eroding what's left of Orji Uzor's equally bad regime. When I pass through aba, I cringe in sadness.

Before Ariaria was refurbished, that's place was an eyesore. I really pity those living in that state. There's no justice in Nigeria, if there was, T.A should be dead before the end of his first disastrous tenure!!
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by nigerianvenom(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa:

No, the aim of the thread is to awaken the consciousness of the Good people of Abia State and help them see the need to kick out PDP so as to enjoy good governance like the people of Imo State are enjoying..

grin grin

shut up.why dont u ask ur state gov what he has done?
i know u will claim lagos even u are not from there.sillly man dat refuses to grow.is dis not ur territory?

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by OgeJesus: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2014
NEW WORKERS' SECRETARIAT UMUAHIA.
IN ABIA ALOT OF TRANSFORMATION HAS BEEN EXPERIENCED IN THE STATE IN TERMS OF INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Anacksunamun: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Gbam!
No need for anyone defending TA Orji

Igbos shouldn't be beating drums and singing praises of eediots in power
that is not in our ethos
Let this thread shame him into doing something
Looks like he has an official already in defense
He should carry the message across
The people are not fooled by a few improvements here and there
Just like the planting of flowers in certain areas of Lagos did not change the slums as shown in the previous threads

I don't care about whatever motive this thread was borne out of, it's only someone that hasn't lived or doesn't live in/see Aba that won't feel the pain when they see the pictures. I repeat, Aba has no governor. T.A Orji has done absolutely nothing for Abians. Abians are only able to cope because of their hardworking spirit. Aba is a huge joke!! T.A orji is a sick bástard. It'll never be well with him. When I visited Ariaria last year, I stood at the enterance of the market and cursed T.A Orji!!

3 Likes

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by ogmask: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa: Dear Abians,

Now the BROOM Party is calling you to come and find ya missing good governance will you keep quiet??

APC shall take over Abia in 2015 and we shall remove the filth taking over the Good State of Abia.

It is not about the party but person. Fashola was in ACN, Akpabio is in PDP, Amaechi was in PDP, Oshomole was in ACN, Chime is in PDP, Okorocha was in APGA and Kwankwaso was in PDP. There are many more like them who knw the importance of roads.

Its not about the party but the person. I do not believe in this party thing. They do not have the discipline to throw up the right candidates. Both the PDP and the APC.

Lets work towards making our votes count and possibly vote for independent candidates if need be. Parties and godfathers force their choice on us from councilor to the president. We definitely will get there sooner than later. One way we can turn things around for the better is to make sure we defend our votes in the coming elections.

Pls vote for the candidate and not the party. Anybody can be in any party. The best candidates are often not giving the tickets in the big parties. Shine ur eyes nigerians.
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Anacksunamun:

I don't care about whatever motive this thread was borne out of, it's only someone that hasn't live or doesn't live/seen in Aba that won't feel the pain when they see the pictures. I repeat, Aba has no governor. T.A Orji has done absolutely nothing for Abians. Abians are only able to cope because of their hardworking spirit. Aba is a huge joke!! T.A orji is a sick bástard. It'll never be well with him. When I visited Ariaria last year, I stood at the enterance of the market and cursed T.A Orji!!

I join you in abusing him my dear
Let his praise singer on this thread pass on that message to him
He is a failure
A colossal failure

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by wickyyolo: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Biafra capital is shit. Bleep biafra

1 Like

Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by bigsam360(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
liberty300: my guy, don't mind those guys, they always go to Google and pick pix from 2002 of Abia state and circulate it. Abia is a million times cleaner than lagos and more civilised. Hustlers and hard working individuals everywhere unlike lagos for lazy,party maniacs

Stop circulating pictures of Igboland from 2002 on nl..only yorubas would sit in oshogbo and tell you hw Igboland look like

Are you from Abia?, I believe you not...

Please don't say what you do not know.

Thank you
Re: This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) by Muscomide: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Smh for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) / Paulcy Cyprian Iwuala In A Motor Accident - Photos / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.