Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza (34438 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / Politicians, Electoral Staff Overrun INEC Strong Room In Delta / We Will Overrun PDP In 26 States – Buhari Campaign Coordinator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by olatade(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Police sources told Saharareporters that the college had five units in training with each unit having 59 trainees and unit commander. The units affect were two Mobile Police(MOPOL) units from Nasarawa, Gombe and MOPOL 50 from Abuja. Two other units from Zamfara were also at the college during the attack.

Boko Haram militants earlier today invaded a prestigious  Nigerian Police  training college in Gwoza, Borno state.

The militants numbering 200 arrived the  Police Mobile Force Training School  with five armored tanks earlier seized from the Nigerian army units that tried unsuccessfully to dislodge the sect from Gwoza in the last two weeks.

Police sources told Saharareporters that the college had five units in training with each unit having 59 trainees and unit commander. The units affect were two Mobile Police(MOPOL)  units from Nasarawa, Gombe and MOPOL 50 from Abuja. Two other units from Zamfara were also at the college during the attack.

Several of the trainees were reportedly killed and injured by the militants. A good number of the trainees also fled to the mountains nearby while some of the trainees managed to escape to Adamawa state.

A police source told Saharareporters that the militants blew up an armored tank stationed at the gate of the training college before gaining entrance into the school and wreaking havoc.

Boko Haram took over Gwoza some two weeks ago, hoisted its flag and appointed an Emir to administer the strategic northeastern township. Attempts by the Nigerian army to retake the town has been repelled by the militants in deadly counter attacks that have claimed several Nigerian soldiers.

New efforts at mobilize troops to march on Gwoza has been bogged by mutiny by troops and their families who simply refuse to take orders from their superiors to take on Boko Haram fighters as they express concern that their weaponry cannot match those of Boko Haram.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/20/boko-haram-militants-overrun-prestigious-mobile-police-training-college-gwoza

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by idupaul: 12:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Suprised the MOPOL school was still in session , I tot it would have been abandoned long time ago during the onset of the insurgency because it was sure to be an attractive target to Boko haram fighter for the bragging rights and easy rifles, flash grenades, bullets, boots and helmets from the schools S\T and armoury. Its surprising the govt stiil left rookie MOPOL in a town that had been overun by insurgent under the watch of the ARMY and the Army couldn't and still can't do nothing about it almost a month later.

53 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by oilykid(m): 12:33am On Aug 21, 2014
I think its high time we give this virgin hunters their own country with their capital in Maiduguri since the military can't bring them to their kneels to avoid wasting of innocent lives.Rip to the fallen officers sad sad

25 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 12:42am On Aug 21, 2014
Don't despair dudes. What we are seeing is an act of desperation by the terrorists group to create the impression that our military are not doing enough. Do not be deceived! Boko Haram is getting the heat from our gallant soldiers. Nigeria is gradually winning the war against terrorism.

Note: All these news about our Soldiers not being well equipped might be a propaganda to deliberately cause anger against the Federal Government.

Pls Don't be deceived.

34 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by lakpalakpa: 12:42am On Aug 21, 2014
Meanwhile somewhere in Abuja your C in C is "scoping" a bra-less lady.

95 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by lakpalakpa: 12:46am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209: Do don't despair dudes. What we are seeing is an act of desperation by the terrorists group to create the impression that our military are not doing enough. Do not be deceived! Boko Haram is getting the heat from our gallant soldiers. Nigeria is gradually winning the war against terrorism.

Note: All these news about our Soldiers not being well equipped might be a propaganda to deliberately cause anger against the Federal Government.

Pls Do be deceived.

[img]http://beingcompletelyhuman.files./2014/08/ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif[/img]

You can't change reality by burying your head in the Sand.

Wake up and face the fact, the NA is being screwed in the A55 by BH..

68 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 12:51am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa:

[img]http://beingcompletelyhuman.files./2014/08/ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif[/img]

You can't change reality by burying your head in the Sand.

Wake up and face the fact, the NA is being screwed in the A55 by BH..

My comments were not based on Newspapers. I don't believe anything from the media.

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by lakpalakpa: 12:52am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:
My comments were not based on Newspapers. I don't believe anything from the media.

So where are they from??

Did Christ show you a vision of the state of things up North??

grin grin grin

58 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 1:10am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa:

So where are they from??

Did Christ show you a vision of the state of things up North??

grin grin grin

When Israel engaged Hamas about two years ago Hamas where like, yes we're re winning the war. Soon after the conflict Hamas suffered thousands of casualties and Israel lost 23 people. Even after the conflict Hamas believed they won the war.
That's sort of how Terrorist go about their diabolical acts. They employ the use of Violence and Media propaganda to cause Terror in the minds of the people. Remember the number one aim of terrorist world wide is to create fear. It becomes easier for them to manipulate people into submission. That's exactly what Boko Haram terrorist are doing. To make people believe they're are winning.

51 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by idupaul: 1:14am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:

When Israel engaged Hamas about two years ago Hamas where like, yes we're re winning the war. Soon after the conflict Hamas suffered thousands of casualties and Israel lost 23 people. Even after the conflict Hamas believed they won the war.
That's sort of how Terrorist go about their diabolical acts. They employ the use of Violence and Media propaganda to cause Terror in the minds of the people. Remember the number one aim of terrorist world wide is to create fear. It becomes easier for them to manipulate people into submission. That's exactly what Boko Haram terrorist are doing. To make people believe they're are winning.

Did Hamas takeover a major town in Isreal at that time and the Isreali force couldn't take it back after 3 weeks?

68 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by Krak(m): 1:51am On Aug 21, 2014
idupaul:

Did Hamas takeover a major town in Isreal at that time and the Isreali force couldn't take it back after 3 weeks?

He is living in denial.

He has forgotten that to solve a real problem one must first wake-up to reality.

39 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by lakpalakpa: 2:07am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:

[s]When Israel engaged Hamas about two years ago Hamas where like, yes we're re winning the war. Soon after the conflict Hamas suffered thousands of casualties and Israel lost 23 people. Even after the conflict Hamas believed they won the war.
[/s]

NONSENSE!!

A pure illiterate is better than a semi-illiterate like you.

Chai, see reasoning.. SMH

sad

42 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 2:19am On Aug 21, 2014
lakpalakpa: [/s]

NONSENSE!!

A pure illiterate is better than a semi-illiterate like you.

Chai, see reasoning.. SMH

sad
That's your opinion.

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by djfaithy: 2:22am On Aug 21, 2014
oilykid: I think its high time we give this virgin hunters their own country with their capital in Maiduguri since the military can't bring them to their kneels to avoid wasting of innocent lives.Rip to the fallen officers sad sad
this type of comment is why there won't be solution to the menace anytime soon, hm undecided

27 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by djfaithy: 2:29am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:

I'm sorry but your comment sound too dumb for an observer, so shekau wrote the article abi?

26 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by lonelydora: 2:33am On Aug 21, 2014
Why will they keep that college open SMH for this country. I can't wait for BIAFRA (the country of no sorrow) to come.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 2:34am On Aug 21, 2014
djfaithy: I'm sorry but your comment sound too dumb for an observer, so shekau wrote the article abi?
Your comments are not surprising to me because I knew a lot of people will miss understand it. However I stand by my earlier claim that the Nigerian military are gradually winning the fight against terrorism.

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by onatisi(m): 2:35am On Aug 21, 2014
They took over the town,hoisted their flag and appointed an emir ,and they have repelled nigeria army offensive to retake that town 5 times already,and they have been in gwoza for almost 3 weeks now. The simple plain truth is that this boko haram issue is gradually getting out of hand and control

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by onatisi(m): 2:39am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:
Your comments are not surprising to me because I knew a lot of people will miss understand it. However I stand by my earlier claim that the Nigerian military are gradually winning the fight against terrorism.
I won't dispute what u believe in but whatt gives u the impression tt that the nigeria army has this situation under control

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by djfaithy: 2:40am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:
how are they winning, mind explaining to us ?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 3:01am On Aug 21, 2014
onatisi: I won't dispute what u believe in but whatt gives u the impression tt that the nigeria army has this situation under control
In war situations there's what the military termed 'desperate attack'. Desperate attacks as the word imply described the situation where the enemy who is seriously on the defensive tries to create the impression that it's really on the offensive. They are willing to go the extra mile to do the unimaginable, like attack a barracks for instance. These are strategies used by the enemy to divert bombardments from themselves and buy time. That is exactly what is playing out in Nigeria's fight against Boko Haram lately.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by onatisi(m): 3:11am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:
In war situations there's what the military termed 'desperate attack'. Desperate attacks as the word imply described the situation where the enemy who is seriously on the defensive tries to create the impression that it's really on the offensive. They are willing to go the extra mile to do the unimaginable, like attack a barracks for instance. These are strategies used by the enemy to divert bombardments from themselves and buy time. That is exactly what is playing out in Nigeria's fight against Boko Haram lately.
but reports has it that they bh successfully repelled the nigeria army when they tried to retake the town .

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by tit(f): 3:14am On Aug 21, 2014
onatisi: but reports has it that they bh successfully repelled the nigeria army when they tried to retake the town .

How do you reconcile the police running a training college in Gwoza and at the same time, Gwoza is said to be over-run by BH?

20 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 3:16am On Aug 21, 2014
djfaithy: how are they winning, mind explaining to us ?
You know my original comments was to encourage Nigerians not be be afraid. This attack by Boko Haram lately is to cause fear in people's minds. The point is don't be carried away by these news.
I believe Nigeria will win the war against terror and its already happening.

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by deeobserver209(m): 3:18am On Aug 21, 2014
onatisi: but reports has it that they bh successfully repelled the nigeria army when they tried to retake the town .
Someone has answered that question.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by Krak(m): 4:04am On Aug 21, 2014
tit:

How do you reconcile the police running a training college in Gwoza and at the same time, Gwoza is said to be over-run by BH?
The training college is ten kilometers outside Gwoza town.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza by Krak(m): 4:15am On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209:
You know my original comments was to encourage Nigerians not be be afraid. This attack by Boko Haram lately is to cause fear in people's minds. The point is don't be carried away by these news.
I believe Nigeria will win the war against terror and its already happening.

Sit down there and keep talking.

Guy Boko Haram is changing before our very eyes from a rag-tag guerilla group into a conventional and formidable military force.

They are also changing tactics from pure guerilla hit-and-run attacks to more conventional way of fighting and they have embarked on holding territory and spreading their hold to the next one.

I predicted (5 years ago) that this would happen and even informed my friends in the SSS so that our military could plan ahead and prevent such bit unfortunately nothing seem to have being done.

Let everybody in every nook and crany of Nigeria be concerned about what is happening in Borno State. If our Army is defeated there then the whole Nigeria is gone. It would just be a matter of time.

Pls you can quote me anywhere on this.

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ban Ki-moon Teaches Secondary School Students In Garki, Abuja (Photo) / NASS To Scrap NNPC, DPR And PPPRA / FFK Reacts To Ngige's Speech At Ekiti APC Rally: 'Bring Fayose Back'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.