Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,879 members, 7,798,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge (11320 Views)

Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Meet The New Chief-Of-Staff, Hamid Ibrahim-Alli / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Luvlydevin(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2014
Atilade took over from her blood sister, Justice Ayotunde Phillips, who occupied the position until her retirement on July 26, 2014, when she attained the statutory retirement age of 65 years.

The new chief judge, who was called to the bar 38 years ago, is the 15th Chief Judge of the Lagos State and the fifth female to occupy the position.

The 62-year-old Atilade, who was the state’s Head Judge until her new appointment, will for the next three years oversee the administration of the Lagos State judiciary.

While presenting her to the Governor for swearing-in, the Attorney General of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye, said, “Our Chief Judge designate has indeed been strongly recommended by the National Judicial Council and enthusiastically appointed by His Excellency, the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN. Her Ladyship’s appointment has also been reviewed, found worthy and confirmed by the Lagos State House of Assembly.”

Fashola, in his address noted that the history, recorded by the appointment of Atilade to succeed her blood sister as the Chief Judge of Lagos State, would be hard to re-enact.

He said, “On July 10, when I received the recommendation from the National Judicial Council, I could not but muster to myself that this is a history that would be hard to re-enact in the Lagos State Judiciary.”

The governor lauded the past Chief Judge, Phillips, saying that she lived up to all that she promised when she was being sworn in two years ago.

In her acceptance speech, Atilade thanked the NJC, the governor and the House of Assembly for her recommendation, approval and appointment.

She promised to consolidate on the innovations of her sister as well as initiate new ones.

She promised to work towards more speedy justice dispensation through training for all judicial workers.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by lat4real: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Family business continue... Congrat to her.
In other news, I'm first to comment cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by CharlieMaria(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2014
Noted.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by ayusco85(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by QMark: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2014
This is becoming like a family affair. Well, as long as they deserve the role.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Hardeywerlay(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2014
Congratulation

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by MrTeymee(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2014
Hmm no comment
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by lekanolaolu: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2014
Congratz to her

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Now, Hit like if you are here to read comments smiley

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Akshow: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2014
#yawns#
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by gramci: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2014
Congrats
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by dridowu: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2014
Luvlydevin:

The new chief judge, who was called to the bar 38 years ago
, is the 15th Chief Judge of the Lagos State and the fifth female to occupy the position.

The 62-year-old Atilade, who was the state’s Head Judge until her new appointment, will for the next three years oversee the administration of the Lagos State judicia[b]Our Chief Judge designate has indeed been strongly recommended by the National Judicial Council

He said, “On July 10, when I received the recommendation from the National Judicial Council

Atilade thanked the NJC
[quote author=ayusco85]
It has now turn to Family business. Turn. Y turn. U can only find that in APC state undecided
How is it family business ? Please next time read the entire news before you comment. Anyway you can read the bolded again.
gboru: Now, Hit like if you are here to read comments smiley
do you have to beg for like, post a reasonable comment people will like it. People like you are the ones that always write on females walls "thanks for accepting my friend request" whenever they accept your friend request on facebook.
Shameless e-beggar

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by lat4real: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2014
Congrats to her...

In other news, God don do am for me this morning... I am FTC cheesy grin
Are you doubting check the first comment grin
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by simple2004(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2014
ok
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by jahlove4jah: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2014
They are good role model
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by korel9: 8:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Kk
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by ayusco85(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Luvlydevin: Atilade took over from her blood sister, Justice Ayotunde Phillips, who occupied the position until her retirement on July 26, 2014, when she attained the statutory retirement age of 65 years.

She promised to consolidate on the innovations of her sister as well as initiate new ones.

It has now turn to Family business. Turn. Y turn. U can only find that in APC state undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by fiverrwin(f): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Enjoy
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Elijah78: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Mods i cann't comment in the religious section anymore, please kindly advice. thanks
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by purplesummer(f): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Family business noni. Has the bench become hereditary?
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by superior1: 8:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Great
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by bigtt76(f): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Wao ...thats lovely! They must have been called to the Bar/Bench the same day just some few minutes separating them signing the register ...better children. May God continue to bless them and their family. Amen. No bi thesedays 'Fine Girls ...better pickin types' wey sabi di thing ...pass dem books grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by misterjosh(m): 8:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Ok
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 8:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Chief judge ko?
King judge Ni?
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by justi4jesu(f): 8:07am On Aug 21, 2014
congrats....
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2014
misterjosh: Ok
korel9: Kk
does it look like you are chatting on 2go?
simple2004: ok
dridowu: Ok
Akshow: #yawns#
unnecessary yawnings give rise to ebola. So beware
gboru: Now, Hit like if you are here to read comments smiley
now shut up if you know likes don't increase your bank account
QMark: Ok
ayusco85:
if these comments are all you had to say, then you've all said nothing!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Family position
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by corruptboss(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2014
When una reach heaven, prepare to answer this question... Who made u judge over my people?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2014
I see, was wondering they look alike. Pride children (now mama/grandma), sure their parents will be proud of them anywhere they are.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Descartes: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Eko onibaje o o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by lilprinze: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2014
so chief judge Is now like inheritance that family members inherit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Metu’s Request For Medical Trip To UK / Calling On The Ika-Igbo Nation(Anioma) To Embrace 30th Of May Sit-at-home / CNG Decries PDP Zoning Chairmanship To North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.